Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Avalon

wencywency Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I have 2000 Avalon, bought this past June.

When I turn on my rear defogger, the radio
reception goes to hell. Is this normal since the
antenna is built-in to the glass?

Also, there is this click whenever I turn the rear
defoger on and off. I don't recall hearing this
click until just recently.

Anyone having similar issue?

Comments

• bahatibahati Member Posts: 1
    Sorry no help for the rear defogger, mine works just fine. I bought an XLS in July and everything is great, except the Montreal roads have caused 2 rattles.
    The roads are awful here. I have the tires at 34, which Toyota Canada tells me is the recommended pressure. The ride is firm, much firmer than my 1997 Avalon XLS. But with the firmness comes better road-handling. It does not roll around corners.
    However I now have at 6000 Kms (3700 miles)a rattle in the left door panel or roof and the right seat as well!
    Has anybody had the same problem?
  • graymergraymer Member Posts: 1
    I currently own a 1999 Avalon. Since new it has had a problem with the transmission or possibly the engine at slow speeds. A very distinct "jerk" or hesitation is felt when trying to excellerate from a slow rolling speed. Once underway, the transmission (and engine)is quiet and smooth, but slow down to turn and then try to speed up out of the turn and...wham!
    Has anybody had the same problem?
  • sranger94sranger94 Member Posts: 18
    Graymer,

I HAD a 98 Avalon XLS with exactly the same problm with the transmission. Here is a summary of what was done:

Purchased Feb 1998. At about 5k, transmission started acting as you described. Dealer cleaned valve body and stall converter. No change. Dealer then adjusted #2 resistor which was shown to have high resistance. Several mechanics that I have spoken with claimed the resistor could not be adjusted. Anyway, still no change. At about 10k, transmission was replaced with rebuilt Toyota transmission. Believe it or not, still no change. Two dealers claim no trouble codes have been recorded and transmission electronics appear normal.

I then met with the local Toyota zone representative on two separate occassions. First meeting, zone rep claimed that the car has "intelligence" in the transmision which will cause the transmission to shift according to my previous driving pattern. I know BS when I hear it. Rep claimed he felt the jerky shifting but felt it was normal as the momentium of the vehicle needed to be channeled somewhere. I previously owned a 92 Camry V6 XLE with basically the same engine and transmission and could not even tell the car was shifing unless I watched the tach. Second meeting with the zone rep and we drove another Avalon that he selected from the dealers' lot. I drove this car and it shifted perfectly. I then drove my car and it did not shift as it should. Zone rep claimed that I drove both cars differently and that I babied the car that he had selected. Also drove the car with a Toyota mechanic who felt the poor shifting, but could not figure out what was causing the problem. Zone rep gave me a 7 year 100k extended warranty to show HIS confidence in the car. Upon receiving all details of the extended warranty, it really would not have covered much. Other problems that I have had with the car include:

Windshield wiper motor failed and replaced under warranty.

Driver side seat heater failed. Entire seat needed to be replaced under warranty as the dealer could not obtain the necessary parts to repair the seat.

AC/Heating system shorted out atleast 4 times due to a bad electrical component (ac amplifer). AC always managed to fail in the heat of the summer. All repairs under warranty.

Creaking and banging from right front suspension. Repair required new strut and strut mounting components. Repair was great and performed under warranty. After all the warranty costs, I wonder how Toyota made any money on this car.

I have to say that the dealer, Smithtown Toyota in Smithtown NY was great. I always received a loaner car for all of the warranty repairs. Most repairs were fixed quickly and right the first time. I only wish that the zone rep was able to provide the same level of service that the local dealer consistiently provided.

In summary, the transmission was never fixed. I do not beleive that it would have ever left me stranded, but it should not have shifted as poorly as it did, irregardless of the price of the vehicle. Anyway, after about 28K miles and 2.5 years of ownership, I traded in the Avalon for a 2000 Acura RL. What a car, everything is exceptional including the transmission. It io ds great to drive a car and not always feel that you will soon be jerked forward when accelerating.

Anyway, do not give up, maybe someone in Toyota will finally wake up and realize that there are many Avalon owners who have experiened the transmission problems and who deserve to have this fixed without any BS.

Good luck.
  • rross6rross6 Member Posts: 2
    Is anyone else having problems with this? Just bought a 2000 Avalon XL... the drivers side kick panel next to left foot rest bulges into the foot space, forcing my left foot in to an uncomfortable posture... this problem only becomes an issue on longer trips... after about an hour of driving I start having left foot, knee and leg pain... Does any one else have this complaint and have you found a solution? I'm to the point of removing the panel...
  • twobrownstwobrowns Member Posts: 52
    My 2000 avalon developed a rattle which appears to come from the rear suspension when hitting a bump. This only occurs when I have rear seat passengers. Everything is secured in the trunk etc. The dealer checked everything including the suspension and could not locate the problem. Any suggestions?
  • bobyee1bobyee1 Member Posts: 2
    has anyone developed a steering alignment issue with their Avalon?
  • bobyee1bobyee1 Member Posts: 2
    has anyone developed a steering alignment issue with their Avalon? after aligning twice 1st with Good year then with the local dealership. The problem is still there! It drifts to the left.
  • brislance1brislance1 Member Posts: 87
    I had the same hesitation problem with my 99 Avalon. When I accelerated from a coast, there was a obvious hesitation in the transmission. The dealer told me this is a problem in all 99 Avalons. I remember reading in one of the auto magazines that they found this glitch when they tested the car. I don't think that this problem led to any major transmission problems, but it sure was noticeable when driving. I sold the car and bought a BMW.
    Brislnce1,

Well done on the BMW. I had a 98 Avalon with the same transmission problems as well as many other problems that I will not take any more time to mention. I sold the Avalon and purchased an Acrua 3.5 RL. Probably not as much fun to drive as the Bimmer, but I really enjoy the car and grin widely when I drive this car and happen to think about the poor shifting in the Avalon. It is great to drive a car that you don't even realize when it is shifting, but even better is when accelerating from coasting, there is no hesitation. I expected better from Toyota, but what goes around comes around. I know we are not the only ones who have had this problem. Toyota, if you are paying attention, its ok to have a driveability problem, BUT, once aware of it, you should respond in a timely and EFFECTIVE manner. This is a problem that seems specific to Avalon's, and since it is not widespread among the entire model line, this is even more reason that Toyota should figure out the cause, develop a rememdy, and implement the remedy.

Anyway, good-bye to the Avalon. Toyota/Lexus just lost two more customers.
  • mesquibelmesquibel Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2000 Toyota Avalon XLS and trade in our 1997 Avalon XLS. We also had trouble with our 1997 Avalon with the front passenger strut. My Grandparents and Aunt and Uncle who also own 1998 Avalons had the same strut trouble fixed under warranty. My 2000 Avalon seems perfect, although I am still monitoring it closely.
  • lear45lear45 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 XLS with 2000 miles and the trans has the same strange shift when accelerating from a slow rolling start.
    Lear45,

I guess Toyota STILL has not figured this one out. It is now effecting 3 model years. See posts 8 and 9 within this topic. Way to go Toyota.
  • rubicon52rubicon52 Member Posts: 191
    sranger94

Found your story interesting about selling your Avalon and buying an Acura RL. I'm sort of doing the opposite. After having 2 defective Acura RLs (cars in the shop for 28 of 30 days), both cars were taken back by Acura and my lease cancelled. I was planning to buy a new Avalon based on my excellent experience with owning many Toyotas over 15 years. I believe the "transmission glitch" that many have described is a known problem but sounds like it might be difficult to fix. Don't want to rain on your parade, but if you look at Consumer Reports reliability records for the Acura RL, the transmission is the weak point in the car with transmission reliability dropping to worse than average in the 3rd or 4th year of ownership. However, the RL is a stylish and luxurious car and a great value. Hope yours is better than my two were.
  • driver231driver231 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought 2001 Avalon. Like it alot, however immediately noticed an annoying rattle from passenger side front dash. Any suggestions before I call dealer?
    Driver231
  • 1stavalon1stavalon Member Posts: 1
    Fuel line fell off filter at about 370 miles on my 2001 Toyota Avalon XLS. Did anyone else had a similar event?
  • hoang4hoang4 Member Posts: 10
    can someone clear something up for me? is the Avalon based off the lexus LS400? or vice versa? both cars have similar front fascia and body size aand styling.
    thanks
  • pat455pat455 Member Posts: 603
    If you haven't already, I would also head over to our Sedans conference and ask your question in this topic:

Toyota Avalon - Three

Good luck.

Pat
    Community Leader/Maintenance & Repair Conference
  • hsambamoorthyhsambamoorthy Member Posts: 1
    Can someone give me a good advice, pls....
    I had planned to buy a Avalon XL 1995, with low milage, Some of my friends r telling that its difficult to sell Avalon when compared to Camry, is it so, Is buying avalon is good.....
    reply me
    thanks
    hari
  • bnormannbnormann Member Posts: 335
    hari,

This question belongs in our Smart Shopper conference. Not here....

Your host, Bruce.
  • seryleseryle Member Posts: 2
    Perhaps someone can help with this. I bought a 2000 XLS in July. I've been pleased with the car overall, but after 3 months I started hearing a noise in the driver's seat (the sitting part, not the seat back). It typically happens when I'm steering the car to the left, or making a left hand turn, and my weight shifts to the right side of the seat. The sound is a single, distinct snap (or tap, clack, pop, whatever). I can feel the louder ones with my leg and it seems to originate in the forward, righthand corner of the seat. My impression is that a piece of the frame is shifting and making contact with the rest of the frame, or maybe sliding into a socket. I took it to the dealer who had it inspected by a third party repair person. According to them, it was the Lumbar Support mechanism which they lubed and 'buffered' (I assumed padded). They also said the mechanism 'had some play designed in it', with the implication that there wasn't anything else they could do with it. When I left, you guessed it, I heard the sound again within the first or second left hand turn. Has anyone else run into this? Seems like the Lumbar support should be at the back of the seat, not the right front corner. Sorry about the length of the post but this thing is driving me crazy. Any help or insight would be deeply appreciated. I'd like to have a suggestion about what they should look for before I take it back to the dealer. Thanks again for the help.
  • boagboag Member Posts: 14
    I recently replace the steering rack on my 97
    Avalon. I had a difficult time find the rack, when
    I finally located one I asked if the scarcity was
    due to the part seldom failing. He said he couldn't keep them in stock due to the Avalon ( and one
    model of truck ) have a high number of failures.
    When I asked the service manager at Toyota about
    this he just smiled. Has anyone elese experienced
    this problem or am I receiving bad info.
  • nedfarinholtnedfarinholt Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to properly remove the lens over the rear passenger reading lights to replace the bulbs. I am afraid if I just pull too hard I will bread something. It is a 1998 Avalon XLS.
    I've had problems with the steering rack on my 97, but the alignment has not been an issue. I've heard the streeing rack is a weak link.
    I got my seat belt in the door latch stud and covered it with grease. Any good cleaners out there to remove the stain or is it there forever.
  • avalonjenavalonjen Member Posts: 1
    My 95 Avalon now needs to have the power steering rack assembly replaced with under 50,000 miles on it. This in addition to putting in a new starter and repairing leaking gasket covers all the past year. Does this seem a bit much for a young Toyota?
  • indyoindyo Member Posts: 5
    I have an XLS 2000 and my car drifts left also. I had it aligned by the dealer after 2500 miles and it seemed ok for about a week. Now I am drifting left again. The dealer told me that although my car needed the alignment, that I should be aware that front wheel drive vehicles will drift left. I'm not sure I buy this.
  • ramblinwrekramblinwrek Member Posts: 1
    I noticed several items on this problem. Mine was just replaced at 86K miles. I purchased at 58K and this is first repair. If this is a widespread problem, has anyone been successful in getting toyota to pick up the tab?
  • cblake2cblake2 Member Posts: 53
    To: alt.autos.toyota; alt.autos.toyota.camry

The quality (or lack there of) issue in the Toyota is significant. Toyota's hallmark has been long-term reliability. I believe this is NOT the case now. It may well be a myth perpetuated by Toyota. Owners are likely to have false hope based on this myth.

Did you know that some owners are experiencing sludge in the engine and being denied warranty claims? Did you know that these same owners are paying $5,000-8,000 for new engines? Did you know that some 2000 Sienna owners are having torque converter replacements within the first few hundred miles of driving? Did you know that others have had total transmission failures after after a few thousand miles? Did you know that there are other problems common to this vehicle? Have you had:

1) Persistent drifting/pulling to the left or the right
    2) Uneven wear of tires with need for early replacement
    3) Premature brake component wear, including rear brake drums
    4) Power steering problems, including inner tie rod or total rack and pinion replacement
    5) Vibrations, esp. at speeds above 50 MPH
    6) Premature transmission problems or failure
    7) Torque converter replacement, sometimes just after delivery
    8) Sliding door latch problems with sticking and difficulty opening
    9) Oil sludge in the engine related to a contaminated system

IF you have experienced these problems, please write to the following agencies and file a report detailing your case. THEN, network with others by visiting sites where owners post experiences.

U.S. Department of Transportation
    National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
    Office of Defects Investigations
    NSA-10.01
    400 7th Street, NW
    Washington, D.C. 20590

1-800-424-9393
    1-888-327-4236

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov

Center for Auto Safety
    1825 Connecticut Ave., NW
    Suite 330
    Washington, D.C. 20009-5708

http://www.autosafety.org

The Complaint Station--click "T", then "Toyota"
    http://www.thecomplaintstation.com

Car Trackers Discussion Forum
    http://www.cartrackers.com

Phil Edmonston's Lemon-Aid Car Guides
    http://www.lemonaidcars.com

Also, use the USENET groups:
    alt.autos.toyota
    alt.autos.toyota.camry

Charlene Blake
    cblake@erols.com
  • adc100adc100 Member Posts: 1,521
    I'm not a Toyota supporter, and I have only owned one of their vehicles- '94 Toyota pickup. I have had a turn signal problem one time in 65,000 miles. I guess I should look for a class action suit to join. Look. all car lines have problems. I would guess Toyotas by and large have fewer than most.
  • alcanalcan Member Posts: 2,550
    I'm with adc100 on this one. So, apparently, are the Toyota-owning segment of the 28,415 people surveyed by J.D. Power re reliability of their vehicles:

Long term reliability:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 2, 2000

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.;Lexus ranks highest in long-term dependability for the sixth consecutive year, with less than one-half the number of vehicle problems than the average manufacturer according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2000 Vehicle Dependability StudySM. Following Lexus in the ranking is sports car manufacturer Porsche, with Infiniti, Toyota and Acura, respectively, rounding out the top five. Only three non-luxury makes are in the top 10;Toyota, Honda and Buick.

Initial quality:

Toyota Motor Corporation captures a total of eight of 14 segment awards in the study. The Lexus LS 400 continues to set the standard for all models in initial quality, earning the distinction as the Best Premium Luxury Car for the fourth year in a row. The Toyota Avalon, Corolla, Land Cruiser, Sienna and Toyota Tundra each top their segments along with the Lexus ES 300 and LX 470.

Toyota dominates the overall plant results, taking the Worldwide Platinum Plant Quality Award and sweeping North America with three additional awards, including a Gold Plant Quality Award for its Georgetown (car) plant and a silver award for its joint-venture with General Motors, NUMMI (car).

http://www.jdpower.com/auto/index.html

Hhmmmm....... are we spotting a trend here?
  • wklwkl Member Posts: 1
    I am considering purchasing a used 98 XL with 35.6 K miles. It has been on a lease program and I would be purchasing from an individual who has all of the service records etc. for the vehicle. I would appreciate any advice from owners who have made such a purchase.

I am basically looking for a good business car that can get me 200K plus miles with proper servicing. I typically put 40K miles a year on a vehicle.

Also, any thoughts on the bumper to bumper warranty expiring in 400 miles? Should/Can I go to a Toyota dealer and purchase or not?

Thanks.
  • pilot13pilot13 Member Posts: 283
    You are going way beyond the norm with this "sludge" obsession of yours.
    What, exactly, is your motive here--where is it that you hope to go with this thing?
    I'm among the many who are very skeptical of your objective because none of your so-called "reports" or "testimonials" make any sense--they're not factual at all, and sound more like something intended to simply stir up controvorsy.
    Really, are you telling the whole story, or just putting us all on?
    C'mon now, fess up!
    Is it just me, or do you get the feeling that Ms. Blake has some unspecified personal agenda re Toyota? Years ago my sister bought a new Pontiac Sunbird 4 cyl., drove the living **** out of it for 18 months through 2 Canadian winters without ever changing the oil, then when it seized solid she went on a witch hunt against GM for building a defective engine. Sure wish I knew all the facts surrounding Ms. Blake's tirades.
    As one Canuck to another, I really believe you've tagged it right on in your analogy.
    Man, I've seen some petty vindictiveness in my day but this blake character really takes the cake,eh?
    To top it off, she has posted similar attacks in several discussions. In one of them, she was pegged as an "Erin Brockovich (sp?) wanna-be...

bnormann
    Host
    Maintenance & Repair Message Board
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    After reading the above posts on the grabbing cranny. This is called drive line snatch and mine had the same tendencies. (I learned how to anticipate this when slowing down and then taking off). This is not uncommon on many makes. The Avalon did reward me though with one of the smoothest gear changes in normal acceleration.
    The suspension with the McPherson struts on the Avalon will never qualify as a true handler, my front struts also creaked or pop- d. But was also fixed under warranty. The rear suspension was specially "boomy" over minor bumps. Again the nature of that type of suspension. The best handling fix for me was ash canning the stock wheels/tires (205/65/15) and going to a 17"wheel with 215/50/17 Good year RSAs Vrated. This swap with keep an accurate speedo and you will notice an incredible increase in looks and handling. Make no mistake this will never run with a BMW. Overall the Avalon was one of the very best cars I ever had.
    I replaced this car with another make because
    Toyota didn't offer the new XLS with a black leather interior, and the lack of the 5-speed auto and side curtain airbags.

This was a quality car.
    Appreciate the input on this cblake person. At first, I must admit to being just a tad incensed about the anti-Toyota sentiments she seemed prone to rave on about.
    However, after doing some research on this self proclaimed advocate against all things Toyota, it's now patently clear that there is a strong motive in acting thus.
    In 1995, she litigated against Chrysler over alledged problems with her Plymouth Minivan brakes; in 1997 her mother's Chev Cavalier was the source of a major tiff between her and GM; later, she took on the local Police Force for failing to resolve a petty theft of some I.D. to her satisfaction---and on and on and on!
    Honestly, I believe what we've got here is a "Professional and Chronic Complainer" who's sole objective is to get something for nothing!
    In a nutshell--someone who should be given a wide berth.
  • joel2468joel2468 Member Posts: 75
    To All: I just purchased a 2001 Avalon XL, Pearl White. VERY nice, and quiet car. I am amazed at how powerful and quiet this car is on the road, over any road surface.

I traded a 1999 Volvo S70. I liked the Volvo, but it was noisy, and rides like a stagecoach, next to the Avalon. It tested very well for occupant safety, but in researching new cars, it looks as though the 2000+ Avalon does very well in offset and side crashes.

Here's the thing: the XL has cloth seats, which, by the way, I wanted. The Volvo had leather seats, and I found the leather to be hot in the summer, cold in the winter.

Anyway, in my opinion, Volvo makes the best car seats in the industry. You can sit in them all day long, and not feel uncomfortable. I have put about 400 miles on the Avalon, and am finding the drivers seat to be uncomfortable, especially in the curve where the lumbar support is. The seat is power, and does have the power lumbar adjustment. It just seems like it's impossible to set the seatback angle, and the lumbar support, to a position where it doesn't bother my lower back.

Questions for 2000+ Avalon owners:
    1. Is anyone else experiencing/having this problem?

2. are the seats (cloth) in the XL the same as the seats in the XLS; only difference being the leather? Are they shaped the same? Or did I miss something in the test drive?

3. Are there any GOOD seat supports or cushions that can be added, that would correct this problem?

I thank you all in advance for any suggestions/help you can offer.
    I KNEW it!!! Good detective work there.
  • aguidaaguida Member Posts: 1
    I'm thinking of purchasing a 1995 Toyota Avalon XLS with low miles (40,000) The car is clean - moon roof, leather interior - all the bells and whistles - price is 12,500. My concern is buying a car that is 6 years old and no warranty (private owner) Some folks are saying - great car - you can't go wrong. Any advice?
    Read post #34 in this topic area. Toyota ranks 4th overall of all cars sold in the U.S. after 6 years according to a JD Power survey.
    Better to ask your question in the Sedans Board. We try and deal with specific Maintenance & Repair issues in this board.

Good Luck.

bnormann
    Host
    Maintenance & Repair Message Board
  • toydrivertoydriver Member Posts: 227
    I drive a '95 Avalon XL with power cloth seats and lumbar support. I agree with your complaint about the seat being "uncomfortable". Once I drove from Phoenix to Mpls over a long weekend and felt like a pretzel for several days after. I sat in the '01 Avalon leather at the dealership, and thought that it had been improved, but still not great. I also agree with your comment about Volvo seats being very good - had a '86 model.

It seems to me that Toyota should make a longer front seat cushion with more padding. The front seat back seems to be supportive enough. I also decided at the time ('95)to buy cloth because of winter cold, but I have since changed my mind after experiencing the new seat heaters.

My wife has a '01 Lexus RX with very comfortable leather front seats, warms up in about 30seconds - so I know that Toyota could upgrade the Avalon seat if enough of us would complain.

Overall, I am VERY satisfied with the Avalon - 109K trouble free miles, and planning for another 100K, if my back holds together! The engine still sounds new and you can rarely feel the automatic transmission shifting. This car is a definite "keeper". But, I would be interested in a seat upgrade or after market seat improvement.
  • ewassermanewasserman Member Posts: 4
    I have a 97 avalon xls with 40,000 miles. I did have to replace the tires at 28,000 miles but the tread wear rating was below 200 so that isn't much of a surprise. What is a surprise is that the original brakes still look good. Everything else works just like it's supposed to. I also drive a 91 Mazda 929s (115,000 miles) with better acceleration and handling than the avalon but the avalon does ride smoother on the road. The avalon is a Japanese Buick.
  • patalocajosepatalocajose Member Posts: 1
    this is one pisst off mujer!i cant agree better with pilot13...i own a toyota wuth 325k miles on original drive train and still going strong!!!
  • albino34albino34 Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if anyone is experiencing wind noise. Mine occurs when I get over 40MPH and it sounds like the door seals are leaking. Friends say it sounds like road noise being transmitted through the body. I would like to hear from others that may have the same or experienced this problem and what is the fix. Thanks Chic
  • sobright1sobright1 Member Posts: 78
    I too am having difficulty getting comfortable in the Avalon seats. After driving my father's loaded 2000 XLS, I am strongly considering the purchase of a very similar car. A local dealer is expected to buy at auction several 2000 XLS Avalon program (a nice word for off-lease) next week with less than 10K miles which I should be able to purchase for @24,000 loaded up nicely. Unfortunately, nice as they look the leather seats are uncomfortable to me. Because I am only 5'7" the back of the seat seems to expect a larger person and the headrest doesn't line up with my neck very well. It gives me no support at all. I tried sitting in the cloth seat version and they seemed more comfortable, at least sitting in the dealers lot. Perhaps the story would be different had I taken the car for a test drive. After reading these forums for several months, it has become a familiar theme that the seats are one aspect of the Avalon that is problematic. They seem to either be uncomfortable or make some sort of unwanted noise. I wish I could get a loaded XLS but with cloth instead of leather but they are rather rare. At any rate, I think that the Avalon has an excellent drive train and repair history but they really need to get some stylist to go over their product lines inside (interiors -seats etc.) and out. Also, for goodness sake Toyota get the person who picks out some of those hideous exterior colors some Prozak or something. No one would cloak their entire product line in earth tones unless they are seriously depressed. I understand that white is the number one color selected and I would guess not because it in itself so appealing but because it is less butt ugly than the others.
  • dcormierdcormier Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 1997 toyota Avalon brand-new,my wife
    uses the car for commuting. We had 39,000 miles
    on the car in one year. By the time it had 22,000
    miles on it we had the door seals replaced for excessive wind noise. We traded the car for a 1998
    Toyota Avalon because we loved everything else about the car and the 98 had side-impact bags and
    depowered(safer)front air-bags.At 37,500 miles
    the dreaded wind noise returns but the dealer
    won't fix it and the regional service manager
    won't stand behind it and offer any assistance.
    Now at 73,000 miles it bugs me enough to call Toyota @ 800-331-4331 and get Toyota involved
  • joel2468joel2468 Member Posts: 75
    I have a 2001 XL, and was wondering if the front airbags are depowered. I don't see it in the brochure. Thanks.
  • lon7lon7 Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2000 Toyota Avalon XLS and have rattles in the drivers side front door and in the dash in front of the driver. Also, my VSC just went on the blink. Will have to take it in to the dealer for repair.
This discussion has been closed.