Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura Integra

Comments

• readytobuy4readytobuy4 Member Posts: 24
    Replaced my Integra (134k miles) spark plugs with Bosch Platinum plugs. Now it idles very fast, above 1000 RPM most of the time, and when it idles below 1000 RPM it sounds rough. Seems to perform the same but gas mileage is WORSE! Usually get 150 or more miles from 1/2 tank, now it's about 115.
    Also replaced tires 195 60R14 at the same time. Got rid of the Michelins and put on Dayton, made by Bridgestone. Shouldn't this improve mileage?
    Can anyone help?
  • only1harryonly1harry Member Posts: 1,140
    take those Platinum spark plugs out! Acura/Honda spark plugs are excellent. They 're made by NGK and are very good! Those platinum ones apparently are not for your car and don't work well. Take them out because you can cause much damage to your engine. Your engine could be misfiring and this will slowly damange many things in your motor! You 're not the first one with this problem after installing platinum plugs. Most likely you will need better wires for those spark plugs but I wouldn't go out and spend more money on wires if you don't know that's going to fix the problem. Go to your Acura dealer and buy 4 NGK plugs for your car. That's the best thing and they 're made for your car. The car sounds like it's not running good at all. It shouldn't be rough at idle and it shouldn't idle over 1K RPM. Integras usually idle at around 600rpm.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    '11 BMW 335i coupe xDrive
    '13 Honda Accord sedan (wife's car)
    I got my car through them. They 're right. Carsdirect is not responsible for any dealer fees or DMV fees.
    This documenation fee I keep hearing about is a ripoff! We don't have that in NY state. Most dealers charge a $20 fee in NY to do the Motor Vehicle paperwork to register the car for you. Then we pay like a $25-30 DMV registration and licence plate fee (for 1 year, about $45 for 2yrs)
    and that's it! I had my $20 fee waived (they make their money on the car anyway) because I said I wasn't buying the car if they didn't scratch that off the bill, so they did. I 'm pretty sure you can negotiate that $279. It's a ripoff and goes directly in the dealer's pocket, unless they include the registration and plates which would be $40-50 at the most! The rest goes to them. Fight it!
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • bdavis32bdavis32 Member Posts: 13
    I expect to pay the tax, license/registration, but they have this extra $279 documentation fee that is separate from that. I still have to go down to the motor vehicle department and pay an estimated $325 for the title/registration to get my plates (high $ in Colorado for plates). The guy from carsdirect.com has been good about everything, and they do have a good price. He mentioned he thought the fees varied by what dealer you buy from. I have never seen this type of fee before, so I thought I'd ask, since it does go directly into the dealers pocket. I'm hoping that the dealer will in turn throw in free wheel locks, floor mats, and mud guards, since I've heard many Acura dealers do that. Thanks for your feedback, as I was curious if anyone else was charged the $279 fee.
    manicke: You got a really good price because of major incentives this year on Integras. Right now there is a $1500 incentive but back in Feb-Mar. there was a $2K one!! (never seen it that high). I got my '99 GSR for $19,898 through carsdirect.com and there was only a $1,000 factory-dealer incentive last June ('99).
    I almost leased a car in Jersey (Bergen County) because I live close to the NY/Jersey border.
    It was Ramsey Nissan and I was ready to lease a Nissan Sentra. The guys makes up the contract and asks me to look it over before I sign and give him a deposit, etc. They had a registration & licence plates fee of $120 on there. I argued with the guy that I had just bought a new car in NY a few months before and it was $40 for everything.. (this was in '95). They guy said that was their standard fee that included plates and registration. They wouldn't bring it down so I walked out. The next day I leased a '95 Galant (the same monthly payment as the Sentra I was going to lease) for my wife and paid like $35 DMV fees at a NY dealer. The fricking salesman from Jersey calls me that afternoon and said we 'll drop the fee down to $80 if you come in today and pick up the car. I love those calls and I wish I were there every time to see their face when you tell them you got another car somewhere else. Now if he would 've dropped it the day before when I was there I would 've gotten that stupid Sentra. Glad I didn't because the Galant is a lot more car than a Sentra and for $199/mo you just can't go wrong with a mid-size sedan. So we leased another one in '98 for the same money and this time with ABS and CD changer! Sorry I 'm carrying on. My point is all those fees are negotiable and unecessary.
    My Acura dealer was the best I ever dealt with. The sales manager took off a $100 the day I was picking up the car because I complained that I had an appointment with the business mgr. and they made me wait in the waiting room (with a 27" TV and free coffee and donuts..hehe) for 45min!
    He didn't have to do that. The price was already set (by carsdirect) and agreed on, and I had signed the contract. I was just there to give them the rest of the deposit and pick up the car. I had already signed everything! Now that's a dealer I 'll refer people to and go back myself.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • mznmzn Member Posts: 727
    bdavis32, you'll also find some good information on carsdirect.com in our Smart Shopper conference.

carlady/host
  • greasergrrlgreasergrrl Member Posts: 7
    I just dumped my lemon Saturn (see http://www.greasergrrls.com/saturn) for a shiny 98 integra gs-r and i hadn't even had it 3 weeks before someone took a crowbar to it to break in! What a reality check- now I have a perfect car- a little *too* perfect ;)

So I have a factory alarm and the club was on it - should I upgrade my alarm to one with engine shutoff or tracking so my car can be recovered? Anyone have any experience with these things - they are expensive but perhaps worth it.

Thanks!
    Greasergrrl
    Unfortunately the GSRs are very sought after by car thieves. No alarm or Club is going to stop them from getting it if they want it. They cut the steering wheel these days and that takes care of the Club. I also have the Club but I put the car in the garage every night. If you plan to leave it out in the street every night, good luck! Sorry for the bad news but seriously, it won't last more than a couple of weeks left on the street. A lot of them get stolen right out of people's driveways as well.
    It's a good thing you had an amateur trying to break into it but a professional car thief can steal your car in under 2 min.
    LOJACK I think works well with a decent recovery percentage BUT, if you don't report the car stolen within a couple of hours, the thieves would have plenty of time to strip it and find the hidden transmitter and disable it.
    They stole my friend's BMW M3 twice out of his driveway! He 's also a plain clothes cop in NYC and says they recover about 20% of the cars with Lojack with very little damage but the rest they find them totally stripped or not at all because by the time the owners realize their cars are stolen it's too late. They usually get your car in the early morning hrs while you 're asleep.
    Unfortunately a GSR engine and other parts (like the ECU-computer, catalytic, leather seats, etc) go for big bucks in the black market and so they 're a major target for thieves. You have to be concious of where you park your car try and secure it at night. Another thing you could do is if you 're parked in a private driveway, try and have someone else's car behind you blocking the GSR, that way they would think twice about breaking into 2 cars instead of 1 and risking spending too much time and getting detected.

PS. They 've stolen 3 Integras (2 GSRs) in my friend's neighborhood in North Jersey, including his.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • zacurazacura Member Posts: 13
    Hello everyone, I just purchased a new clover green 2000 GS. It is by far the best car I've ever had. I was wondering, what products do you all use to clean the interior/exterior and the leather. Advice would be appreciated.
  • mattc33mattc33 Member Posts: 1
    How exactley does edmunds come up with its ratings? I recentley purchased a 95 integra se with 70000 miles and am very pleased with it. However, the value rating given to the car was something around 3-4(on a scale of 1-10). What gives?
  • manickemanicke Member Posts: 1
    I knew about the dealer incentive before I chose carsdirect. But, you know, even if you tell them to the dealer, they don't come down this much. So, I finally bought from carsdirect. Anyway, thanks for taking time in sharing your experiences. Bye and take care.
    I have no idea how they arrived to that. I didn't even know they rated cars. I wouldn't trust Edmund's ratings. Go with Consumer Reports.
    They 've been doing it for a lot longer than Edmunds and have their own test centers and facilities plus they survey thousands of people before they release ratings on a car.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    Good luck with your new car. I know what you mean. I went to 3 dealers and the best price I could get for a GSR was $21,200 even though I kept mentioning the $1,000 factory-dealer incentive that was running last June of '99. Then someone told me of carsdirect.com which was just starting out back then, and wouldn't you know it? I got the car for $19.8K from one of the same dealers that wanted over $21K for it. It was very painless. Carsdirect took all the negotiating stress out of the picture.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • bdavis32bdavis32 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for mentioning Smartshopper for carsdirect.com, as it saved me $100. Gomez.com has a $100 rebate for you if you register with them (free) and buy a car from Carsdirect.com.
  • wwang025wwang025 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum. I browsed through most of the forum, but I don't think anybody mentioned about problems with the automatic transmission.

My wife's '94 LS has 101,000 miles on it, and for the past 40,000 miles, the transmission seems to slip out of gear to try to get to a lower gear when I try to give it more gas. I'm not talking about flooring the gas, but rather a slow increase such as going up a freeway ramp. It eventually gets into gear, but for about a second the engine seems to spin freely and then engages in gear abruptly.

This car has not been abused. My wife drives it, and the original set of Michelin tires lasted until 91,000 miles! If she wanted to, she could have gotten another 20,000 miles out of them. She changes the oil every 3000 miles and rotates the tires every 6000 miles.

I'm wondering if any of you experienced this, or even heard about it. I checked around, mechanics have recommended many different things. One said that the cellenoids need to be changed, another said to pull out the entire transmission to just check on it (which will cost about $2000).

Thanks in advance.

Bill
    Have you done the regular maintenance on the tranny like change the tranny fluid every 30-40K miles? It will sometimes slip if it's low on fluid but I will assume you 've checked the fluid level. '94-95 Integra auto transmissions had some problems and they were hit or miss.
    Those Michelins are hard to kill! I replaced mine after 14K hard (racing) miles and they were like new!! I even autocross raced with them hoping I 'd take some tread off. No way, those tires were built to last and that is why Acura put them on the Integra. They want to get good ratings on "operational costs" of the vehicle or low ownership costs as they call it.
    Also check to see if there is a filter that you can replace in the tranny. Most cars have a tranny filter that's supposed to be replaced often.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • kalykaly Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy an Automatic Integra LS Coupe. What would be a good price to buy it at ? Are there any rebates etc currently available on this model ??
    the "INCENTIVE/REBATES" section of Edmunds!

For good prices check out www.carsdirect.com
    I think the LS auto is like $18K. You purchase the car through carsdirect too (you actually buy it from the dealer but they negotiate the price for you that they advertise).
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • kskilskyjkskilskyj Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking at leasing a 2000 GS, automatic. Can anyone give ballpark figure for a 36mon 15K mile/year lease?

Also, the lease on my '97 LS auto is up in a month and I'm trying to decide what to do. The residual is $11.9K. It's got 41K miles. Should I just turn it back in? Sell it myself? Do you think I can work a better deal out of the dealer on the new Integra if I turn this one in?

Anyone interested in buying it?

Also, what happened to these incentives I was reading about earlier? $1.5K, $2K? Where are they now? It's coming down to the end of the model year, shouldn't they be out now?

Thanks for the help,
    kevin
    Hi everyone. I am responding to you Kevin in particular. I am currently leasing a 2000 integra gs. It's been 2 months so far, and all is great. I put about $1200 down, and my figure is $305 a month for 36 months. I figure this is normal for the amount I put down. I love the car to death. Not too many GS's on the road where I live. Very fun to drive, even though I have an automatic. However, the car is very heavy on insurance. Don't let your salesman tell you it's not, it ranks very high on insurance. I'm 20 with a perfect record, and it's still high. As for your car, I would try to sell it on your own, the Acura dealership I bought from, Superior Acura in Overland Park, KS., were very courteous and polite, but they dont give a rats a** about your trade unless it's exotic or another very luxurious car. They probable will give you 15% under blue book, what they gave me. However, I believe that after all the negotiating pain is done, you'll feel great driving around town.

Let me know if you have any more ?'s.

-Zia
    Zia, is that lease for 15000 miles/year or 12000? How hard did you have to push them to get that price, or was it easy? I am expecting that they will treat me well since I will be re-leasing from them.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Kevin,

I would say that negotiating was fairly easy. I was trading in an old family van, which was worth probably 1800 to 3000 dollars. They gave me a figure of 320/month at first. I did some calculations and figured that I was only getting about $950 for my trade. So, I told my salesman that I was'nt sure if I was ready to make the deal any longer. He said "would you be happy with $1200 for the van?" So I agreed. It was somewhat of an emotional buy, but it worked out fine. The lease is 15000 miles per year. However, the people at Acura are great, very courteous. I went in about a week later to ask about an underbody spoiler kit, and mentioned that my dad was thinking of a new TL. So, my salesman simply gave me a new 2000 loaner TL for the evening. Very nice of him, and he will make a deal for that car soon.
    Thanks for the reply Zia. At least I have some numbers to work from now.

Looks like there is a $1500 dealer incentive on the Integra's now. This may be a dumb question, but it will only be the second car I lease, so...Do dealer incentives and customer rebates apply to leases as well? I would think they do, but I want to make sure.

Also, what about the special financing rates? Right now it is at 4.9% for 36 month financing for the Integra's. Is this the rate they would use for my lease, or is this only available if the car is being purchased.

Thanks again,
    Kevin
    Thanks for the reply Zia. At least I have some numbers to work from now.

Looks like there is a $1500 dealer incentive on the Integra's now. This may be a dumb question, but it will only be the second car I lease, so...Do dealer incentives and customer rebates apply to leases as well? I would think they do, but I want to make sure.

Also, what about the special financing rates? Right now it is at 4.9% for 36 month financing for the Integra's. Is this the rate they would use for my lease, or is this only available if the car is being purchased.

Thanks again,
    Kevin
    Well, I 'm looking at carsdirect.com right now and the price of a 2dr GS auto is $18,950! Sticker is $22,230. Dealer invoice is $20,088 so the carsdirect.com price is below dealer invoice because of the $1500 incentive.
    Lease price is $247 but that's probably for 12K mi. Add another $10 or so for 15K mi/mo. That's a great deal.
    To answer your questions, YES, the incentives also count for leased cars. BTW, LS and 4dr GS carsdirect says are SOLD OUT in my area (NY). I guess they 're going fast due to these factory to dealer incentives. Why don't you give carsdirect a call? They take all the negotiating away. It's a lot less stressful that way. It was for me. I say return your '97, terminate the lease and get a new car.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    Yeah, the lease prices they give on carsdirect.com are for 12K mi/yr, with a 60 mo. lease. Also, they want about $2500 out of pocket to start with. If you take away that $2500 out of pocket and make it a 36mo. lease with 15K mi/yr, the price jumps up to $330's or so.

What kind of intrest rate does carsdirect.com use to come up with the lease price?

Acura has a 4.9% financing incentive on Integra's now too. First, can I use that financing wate as the intrest rate on my lease, or is that only for purchasing? If I can use it, can I combine that with the incentive since it is a dealer incentive and not customer cash? I'm just trying to see how this all works out so I know what a good price is to expect.

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • bonjornobonjorno Member Posts: 9
    I hope someone can help me. I'm looking for where I can buy genuine Acura accessories for my Integra (ie. mudflaps, spoiler, moonroof wind deflector, touch-up paint, etc.) without having to pay dealer prices. I'm familiar with some great web sites for Honda accessories, such as www.hparts.com, www.partscheap.com, and www.manhonda.com. I've used them before for really good prices on genuine Honda accessories for my Accord, but unfortunately they don't also sell accessories for Acuras -- I checked. So does anyone know of a place to get really good prices on Acura parts?
    www.hondaacuraparts.com and also check out A&H Motorsports at www.ahmotor.com and compare prices. They 're both 20-35% less than what the dealer charges. A&H Motorsports is very big and carry both Honda & Acura genuine parts as well as aftermarket performance parts.
    For Honda parts I think noone beats hparts.com in prices. That's where I get everythng for my Civic. For Acura parts A&H is probably one the lowest ones out there but they don't quite match hparts.com's discounted prices or the percentage I should say.. For accessories HondaAcuraParts is pretty descent too. Check them out and let us know.
    I haven't ordered anything from A&H Motorsports yet but I know many who have. I get my Integra oil filters from hparts.com because they 're the same for both Civics and Integras! hparts.com is like $3.60 per filter while A&H is $4.25. Dealer is $7.75! I love shopping on line!
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • integsrintegsr Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a white integra gs-r for 265 a month plus tax, with 1100 total down (including first month, acq fee, security deposit, etc) for 36 months, 12000 miles a year. My question is..I saw the subsidized leases and incentives on edmunds said that for a 36 month lease an integra gsr should go for 241 a month with 15,000 miles a year, but it doesn't say the down payment. Does anyone have any idea what this down payment is?? Did i get a good deal, or did the salesman pull one over on my when he told me i was getting the "acura lease." Thanks a lot for your help!
    deal. I 've seen others here pay $309 (including tax) or more for a GSR lease. I think most Edmund's leases are calculated with $1500. Your $1100 down is really not a down payment, it's 1st mo, acq. fee and sec. dep. like you said, so it's almost like you got it for "no money down" (if there 's ever such a thing..). Don't worry, you did alright. It's too late now to worry about it anyway. Enjoy the car.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • mznmzn Member Posts: 727
    One piece of advice which has served me very well: once you drive off the lot, forget what you paid and enjoy your new car!

carlady/host
    I read that a couple of days ago. Sad news. Might as well call it 2.0 CL (Type-S) and put us out of our misery :(
    They should maintain the Type-R name so as to distinguish it from the others as a true sports car, unless they plan to soften up the suspension, etc. that would be a shame.
    Anway, I read another rumor that the Type-R will have 220-225hp 2.0L and the regular Integra will have 195-200hp and both will be RWD! Now that (RWD) I don't mind..
    The new Integra will be released as per earlier rumors, in March '01 which makes sense that it's making its debut in January.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • eclipsegseclipsegs Member Posts: 66
    A RWD Integra? Wow, I'm not quite sure Acura is ready for that move. It would change the entire carriage structure and engine layout yes? Where did you read this information?
    The S2000 is RWD and rumors were that the new Integra would be build on the S2000 platform, using a milder version of the S2K's 2.0L motor. There are other stronger rumors though that the new Integra would be built on an entirely new platform (wouldn't mind the S2K platform at all).
    I think I read about the RWD rumor in Car & Driver or Sport Compact Car. There are also many people talking about it in other Acura-Honda boards & forums. Who knows? It's all rumors. For all we know it could still be a 1.8L for the regular Integra and only 2.0L for Type-R. I 'm done guessing.. I 'll wait until there is official announcements from Honda. I 'm just hoping that the Type-R won't be limited production again because I don't want to pay the dealers anything above sticker, let alone sticker! I 've always bought my cars for a few hundred above invoice or below invoice like my GSR..
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • geckoboygeckoboy Member Posts: 1
    I am seriously considering buying a new Integra. My first question is this: When will the next generation of Integras come out? According to some magazines I've read, it seems the newly designed Integras will be debuting either 2001 or 2002. Is this correct? If I buy a 2000 LS now, will my car look "old" after a few months compared to the next generation integras?

My next question is this: Based on what I've read, it seems the next model will have a 220 hp engine. Is this true? Is it worth it to wait and spend the extra bucks for this superior engine? How will fuel efficiency be? I imagine I would lose a few miles per gallon.

Thanks ahead of time.

Btw, reading this forum I can see how passionate people are about their Integras. I want to join this group!
  • joeg26erjoeg26er Member Posts: 10
    I just got a 94 GSR Sedan
    I need some interior fasteners that secure the trunk side lining.

Any online places to get these or would it be just as cheap to get them from an Acura Dealership?

Thanks in advance!
    My '95 coupe integra's black body side trim has started turning white-ish and rough as if somewhat deteriorated. I tried some Armorall as well as other products to try to bring it back, but it just made it look wet. By using black liquid shoe edge polish on it I got it back pretty close to being black, but it still always looks dirty, rough, and uneven -- never shiney, even with that "wet" look of Armorall. What puzzles me is that this is the case only on the large piece on the door, and NOT with the smaller piece behind the door (on BOTH sides). The smaller pieces still look brand new! On the road I saw several other Integras that were the same way. Why does the big piece age so poorly while the small piece is great? Surely they wouldn't be different materials, would they? I know later year Integras used painted body colored side trim that probably don't share this problem. Has anyone with the 'old' black trim found a way (short of replacing them) to bring them back to looking decent so that they match the rear piece for color, smoothness, gloss, and eveness of sheen? Or is there at least a way to stop it from getting worse? I also notice the same problem with the trim around the rear side windows, but not on the front side windows.

Also, the black has almost all come off my windshield wiper arms and assembly. (Every Honda I've ever owned has done this within five years.) It's not a huge deal, I'll probably just buy new arms and assembly -- but is there a way for next time to prevent this or slow the process? I once tried to repaint them black on my '88 Accord, but that only lasted 6 months before they turned silver again. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, thanks only1harry for the Acura parts links. Both were similar to each other in prices for the items I was looking for. I'll probably use ahmotor because I had to call hondaacuraparts and they weren't very helpful to me on the phone. You're right though, that neither are quite as discounted for Acura parts as hparts is for Honda parts. But for my Accord, I've just tried www.honda-accessories.com and their prices were better than hparts, and their shipping was cheaper too. (Sigh - If only they sold Acura parts.)
    See post #397.
    I'd say every car I've owned had the same problem.
    Over time, if not properly oiled, the trim fades due to many substances. One of the worst hidden elements is oxidation. This effects the entire car. Unlike paint finishes, it is very difficult if not impossible to bring the black back from plastic trim that has faded.

If you plan to keep the car for awile, I'd suggest getting the trim painted the color of your car. It ads a modern look to the vehicle with all the black side moldings color matched.

Good Luck bonjorno.

Geckoboy- I'd wait if I were you. As a matter of fact, I'm looking forward to test driving the new Integra and maybe make a purchase.
    eclipsegs, thanks for the response.

Any explanation on why the front piece is bad and the back piece is like new (on mine and all the cars I've seen)? Why would oxidation attack one and not the other? Just curious.

Instead of painting it, maybe it would just be easier to replace them by buying the already painted ones that go on a later model Integra. I think my wife prefers the black though.
    The black rubber molding protects the door a lot better. I'd stay with that. The little tiny body colored trim on my '99 GSR doesn't do anything to prevent dings and scratches from other jerks' car doors :( If anything, the paint on the body color molding chips when slightly hit..
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    We can't tell you anything for sure. There have been a few spy photos and artist's sketches of the '01 Integra but they 're all different!
    If it's power you want why don't look at the '00 GSR? It has 170hp. Are you looking at the LS now because it's cheaper? Because when the '01 Integras come out they 'll probably cost a little more and I doubt there will be $1-2K incentives like there are now..
    Only the new Type-R will have 220hp per Autoweek.
    I 've read elsewhere that the regular integra will "be just shy of 200hp", which to me means around 195hp. It looks like there may not be a cheaper base Integra but only the "GSR" and Type-R version. Noone really knows for sure.
    The '01 Integra is supposed to be available in March '01, but again that hasn't been confirmed by Honda or Acura of North America.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    There is another topic in the Sports cars/coupes section called: "Acura Integra GSR advice & opinions" that some of us have been using for over a year now. We usually give advice to people that want to modify their GSR's there but we also talk about all the Integras.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • deva2deva2 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know of troubles with the Acura Intera 2000 LS/GS automatic cars? My friend said a mechanic told him that Acura Integra 2000 models have some problems with its automatic transmissions. Anyway, I'm looking to buy my first car in a month, and I'm looking hard at the Acura Integra GS with the automatic - any reason not to?
  • lancerfixerlancerfixer Member Posts: 1,284
    I don't know of any problems, per se, but keep in mind the Integra's angine was NOT designed for an automatic transmission. The car performs MUCH better (and is more fun) with a manual. If you don't know how to drive a manual, call AAA-- they can put you in touch with a driving school that will teach you.
    an automatic GS: TOO SLOW

I know '94-96 models had some problems with the auto tranny but not sure about later models.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    I don't know about anyone else, but I can't stand the look of black trim pieces all around let's say, a white car. Personally, I like the car all one color. The auto industry got the hint after the 80's cheap black bumper era. It was an option on my 87 Hyundai Excel! No laughs please, we all needed to start somewhere.

As for the trim protecting doors from other folks making dings, park FAR away from everyone. I also own a Mitsu Eclipse with no door trim and no dings because I'm very careful in my parking location. Take the walk I say.
  • smistrettasmistretta Member Posts: 2
    Just realized it did not list the price per month.
    The site stated 219/mo
    Yes, I figured out the $219 because it says on top: total monthly payments $7884. I devided by 36 mos (you didn't tell us 3 yrs either) and got $219.00 and from what I gather you have to put $1500 down. It's actually not a bad deal providing you won't go over 36K miles. If you do you 'll pay 15 cents per mile! That can add up really quick.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • jwgatorsjwgators Member Posts: 4
    Is there anyone out there that recently leased or purchased a 2000 Integra LS coupe, automatic??? If so what kind of deals are you getting for them? I've made some initial talking with the dealers and one of them was saying $2000 down and $226 a month for a 36 month lease with 12k a year. This includes taxes, etc... Any and all information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joel
This discussion has been closed.