Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

VW New Beetle (Pricing & Information)

Comments

• ufobugufobug Member Posts: 1
    kjclow, Did you go to Carolina VW or the one on S. BLVD? I had a similar experience at Carolina VW. At first I was amazed at how cool the salesman seemed(compared to the Ford guy, who immediately was asking about trade in and how much I want to spend etc.) Then when we went back to get a quote on my trade in, it was clear these guys weren't going to deal, or at least were going to try and make it as painful as possible. I ended up selling my car to CarMax for $1,000 more than they wanted to give me and got my car from Greenlight.com for $1,099 less than MSRP! Plus, a better interest rate from the bank. I had to go pick it up in Burlington but the drive back was fun :)In some ways I feel a little guilty about snubbing the sales guy...but after reading your post, not so much now ;)
    Anyone else dealt with Carolina VW?
  • ajvdhajvdh Member Posts: 223
    Pinhead's right. My local v-dub dealer sells NBs for factory sticker. No less, no more, no mandatory add-ons.

You have a yellow 79 Civic? Is it a CVCC 5-speed? That was the first new car I ever owned. One of the reasons I bought it was it was the most "beetle-like" new car - it had more of that goofy minimalist spirit than the contemporary Rabbits did. With a little work you could make it handle, too. Odd thing is, despite it being a highly visible color (too bright to even look at if you had a hangover - not that I'd know about that sort of thing) I got tail ended twice in the first year I owned it.

You know, now that I think about it, I don't think there's anything really quite like the old beetle or first generation Civic on the road.

The NB has the whimsy and fun factors dialed in, but it's much more upscale. The Civic/Corolla/
    Mazda 323/Sentra are closer to the price point, and can be fun to drive, but they're "serious". You know, they're like real cars. And the real price bottom feeders are trying to be like the Japanese entry level cars.

Closest thing I can think of would be the Neon or Metro, but when I spend time in those, they just scream "cheeeeeap!" at me. And I can't picture a psychedelic paint job on either of 'em.
  • lovehatelovehate Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to see some real prices. I just bought a 2001 Beetle GLS for my younger sister in So Cal. The only option we included was the luxury option.
    MSRP: $16,850
    Luxury package: $1225
    Destination; $525
    Total MSRP: $18,600

I believe that the sticker price was $18750, so the dealer must have tacked on some other charges.

We got the car for $18,000. Now, when I signed the contract, I noticed that the dealer had a $399 "Other" charge for what they called PDI. When asked what PDI stood for, the finance mngr had no direct reply, but said it was the cost of preparing the car(ie. dumping and replacing the oil, detailing, etc). Is this BS? Shouldn't this cost have been eaten by the dealer and not passed along to the buyer?? Is this a way that dealers add to the sale price? Anyone experience this??
    Thanks
  • chrismarchrismar Member Posts: 18
    Hey all! I purchased my 2001 CyberGreen GLX 1.8T automatic for $22,575. I am very happy with my purchase and the dealership I went to was WONDERFUL!! I went to Heritage VW in Morrow, Georgia. Today I got in the mail a box of cookies from them along with my picture that they took of me when I bought the car. Has anyone else gotten that from their VW dealer?? They have called me a few times to see how everything was going etc etc. I thought that was really nice of them! When I purchased my first car in 98 a Dodge Neon I was never treated that way. Dodge never called or anything :( I am glad I made the right decision and bought my Beetle :)
  • mznmzn Member Posts: 727
    Congratulations, chrismar!

carlady/host
  • jcorbettjcorbett Member Posts: 2
    Anyone had any experience buying this model?
    Also please explain why random vapors are still available at dealerships--I thought they were all sold-out over the internet.)
  • chrismarchrismar Member Posts: 18
    They still had alot of Vapors and Reflexes left after the online thing and they shipped them out to dealerships to sell them. When I bought my 2001 CyberGreen GLX 3 weeks ago they had 4 Reflexes sitting outside. They didn't have anymore Vapors. Hope this info helped :)
  • kjclowkjclow Member Posts: 29
    I had to take my 2000 tdi in for some minor repains, horn not working, and had to wait 5 weeks for an appointment, at VW South in Charlotee, NC. I thought about calling the other dealer in Charlotte, but with vacationand travel did not have time. Took the car in at 7 and went to pick up at 5. It was not done! I got a ride home for dinner from the new service manager. Boy did he get an earful.

Just make sure you check the service dept and backlog before buying. That may be enough reason to go the other dealer.
  • caelacaela Member Posts: 2
    we purchased our 99 beetle tdi in sunnyvale, ca. we got it for 18,000 and i got them to throw in the light accessory (where third brake light flashes 3 times when you first brake) and a ski and luggage rack and the 100,000 mile warranty. it has free oil changes until 24k miles, they always wash the car and call to check to see if we were satisfied with our service. we have had to change out the radio due to probs with the am stations, but they changed it immediately, no questions asked. vw financing sucked, however--they lost our loan and we were honest about it and asked where to send payment. they forgot to flag the computer stating i had called and payment was on its way...a collections person called and was very nasty. when i hung up on him after he screamed at me, he called back and threatened to kill me if i ever hung up on him again!!! i called his supervisor and nothing happened to him. if i talked to people who owed money to our dental office that way, i'd be toast! we transferred the loan to my husband's credit union--a whopping 32 more cents over the life of the loan, so all is well now. we love the car, but watch the jerks at financing and go in with your own lender if you can. anyway, the dealer, sunnyvale vw, is about 3k less than all the other vw dealers within a 100 mile radius. we even checked merced, salinas and fresno. closest to what we paid was 21,500!!
  • mznmzn Member Posts: 727
    Yikes, caela! I'm glad you were able to get alternative financing. Enjoy your lovely new car!

carlady/host
  • phkckphkck Member Posts: 185
    Sticker! There was no negotiating on the Turbos yet. They have a few 00 2.0's available at Baron VW in Kansas City. I am sure there is room to negotiate on those.
  • boblee2boblee2 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a silicon green 2000 GLX from a dealership in Colorado, Tynans on South Havana. Needlesstosay it must be a good time to buy last year's models because their 2001 models are parked at the mall a couple miles down the road!!

The Sticker price was about $22,500. My target price was around $19,000. There was a repossesed GLS Turbo at another dealership that I had talked them down to about $19k + dealer costs + tax. Then at the paper signing table they let me know (after the extended test drive) that that car was not for sale because "it has intermittent stalling problems. But we will give you the exact same car, but new, for invoice: $20,400; plus handling ($500) plus admin ($249) + tax." I tried to talk them down to $20,000 + tax, no admin fees or delivery. They countered $20,500 + admin + tax. I said no and walked away.

The repo car for $19,000 would have been a steal. But went back to Tynans, told the real nice salesguy that the other dealership offered the new car at $20,400. He said I will do better,

2000 GTX green, at $20,000 + delivery and handling + admin + tax. I countered with $20,000 + admin + taxes == $20,300. He said "Can you give me $50?" So in all $20,350 + taxes. Real good deal because the TMV of the same model is around $20,324...according to Edmunds. Plus tax here is 3.5%!!! In all it I have paid $21,130.

Not bad I believe.
  • njdevilsrnnjdevilsrn Member Posts: 185
    Hi all. I have exactly the opposite problem of most in this room. Within the next 3 days or so, I will be the owner of a 2000 base model Beetle that I have no use for. I won it tonight at a baseball game. Looking to sell the car and use the money for down payment on a house.

Anyhow...without having seen the sticker yet, I believe it is a base model with manual tranny. According to the guy who ran the promotion, the car stickers for around $15,900. By the time I take delivery, the car will have about 90 miles on it (to and from stadium I guess). Only other thing is that unless the person wants a car painted like a baseball (it is white with red "stitching" and team decals on both doors), I would assume the buyer will want to hold a little back for a paint job.

All considered, I was thinking of asking $15,000 for the car, thinking that to be a good price ($900 under MSRP, no taxes to be paid by buyer as I have to pay the taxes to the issuing dealer plus income tax as it was a prize). Any ideas as to whether that is a good price? Any help would be appreciated.
  • shalimshalim Member Posts: 3
    Anyone knows when the convertible version will be out?? What about the price? Thanks.
    Congrats on NB GLS price. Unfortunately 2001 GLX's and Turbo GLS's are going at sticker here in KCK.
  • vishyp1vishyp1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi folks:

I'm getting a quote of $18,200 (+tax,dmv) for a
    new Silver colored VW Beetle'2001, GLS model,
    automatic, with 6-cd changer. It *doesn't* have
    the
    LUX or Leather or Monsoon packages on it. Can
    someone please tell me if this is a decent price
    or
    not?

-- thank you, vishy
  • vishyp1vishyp1 Member Posts: 2
    Just to clarify what went into the price:

invoice for auto (16660)
    emissions (99)
    airbags (150)
    delivery (525)
    cd (495)
    port & prep (167) --- very suspect!
    (I'm paying around 100$ over the total of all these things)

Do these charges sound ok to other beetle owners?

-- thanks, vishy
  • aerosphereaerosphere Member Posts: 1
    If you live in Texas and are looking for a NB, I have the place for you. I live outside of Austin and have shopped at about 5 dealerships including 1 in Philadlephia on a trip. The one in philly is a really great but can't remember the name, everywhere else, I really had a hard time. Especially at a dealership in Austin, Charles Maund Imports. The reason is, I am only 18 but was 16-17 at the time I was searching. They did not even have the respect to give me the time of day much less help me out. They figured I was just some kid drooling over a car, when in fact I had every intention of buying the car and was saving the money to buy it myself. The only dealership I found that treated my like a true human being was West Houston VW outside of Houston in Katy. All I can say about it is EXCELLENT!!! From the minute I walked in they were great, and I talked with them for over a year until I finally ordered and bought my Beetle. I bought a 2001 green NB with heated leather seats, sunroof, tint and luxury pkg. GLS 2.0. Their service was absolutely wonderful. I love the car a lot!! So to West Houston VW, thank you for not treating me like a little kid, though I am young, I was very much so ready to buy a car, thank you for making my first buy GREAT And to Charles Maund, let this serve as a lesson, that you don't judge a book by its cover nor a buyer by his looks, and I hope that the consumers who read this message steer clear of your dealership.
    LOVE MY BUG!!!!!!!!!!
  • blubugladyblubuglady Member Posts: 1
    I just got my Techno Blue bug for $19500 + tax. That included the luxury, leather packages and a dealer installed CD. At first they wanted to charge list price, that was the best they could do. I said no that that was an insult and I walked out. The dealer called me up and said if I could come back, they would work with me. I had gotten the Consumer Reports listing for what I wanted and knew the prices. I called them back and said 19K. They countered with 19750 and I said no, I wouldn't go higher than 19500. They took it. The other proviso to my deal was that I did not want to see the sales manager. He was a complete jerk. I put a down payment over the phone, had them fax me a copy of the bill of sale, and went in the following week (after the snowstorm) and picked it up, and I did not see that manager.
    I got the financing through my credit union and didn't have to deal with VWCredit. I also did not buy their "extended warranty", I got a decent deal over the internet. I didn't have to pay extra for dealer prep, just lic. and minimal doc fee and tax.
    The best way to buy a car is to do research and don't let the dealer push you. You can push back by walking out. I know it's difficult when you're in an area that does not have many dealerships, and the same goes for a popular car or model. But these people want to sell cars and sometimes you can call your own price to a point. I love my beetle and am glad I got it.
  • pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
    this discussion has been moved from our archived folders and is now open for discussion. Thanks for your participation.

Pocahontas
    Host
    Hatchbacks Message Board
  • sysopsysop Member Posts: 23
  • jacktec3jacktec3 Member Posts: 2
    Hello;
    I'm from NYC and decided to make good on
    my private love affair with the BUG. I'm going
    to trade in my 1999 Corolla LE and begin the
    honeymoon.
    Today, a dealer informed me that the 2000
    manual models, are going for invoice. Any truth
    to this? Should a 2000 model be considered?
    Should I continue to shop for that fair-haired
    2001 GLS? Jacktec
    In addition to the feedback here, you should also check out Edmunds' new vehicle appraiser which also adds up any options, plus takes into account an estimated true market value.

For future reference, you'll find access the this tool on any given vehicle page next to the pricing information. Good luck and keep us posted. ;-)

Pocahontas

Host

Hatchbacks Message Board

• technoboytechnoboy Member Posts: 1
    Pictures etc... wanted for my New Beetle website.

www.vorsprungdurchtechno.co.uk

Those of you who were having problems getting an in dash cd player to fit shoul check out my project bug pages as I have fitted a rather nice Kenwood flip-front cd player linked to two 10disk autochangers in the boot. It's easy to do, you just need to get hold of a blanking plate. Whoever told you that you can't do it was just trying to sell you their expensive autochangers.....

PJ@vorsprungdurchtechno.co.uk
  • shopaholic2shopaholic2 Member Posts: 1
    hi everyone. i am looking into buying my 1st car and like everyone else my age the New Beetle is like a dreamcar (for girls at least). i have heard a lot, mostly from this website, of complaints and problems with the NB. One that i can remember off the top of my head has something to do with the headlights. i was wondering if any of these problems do happen regularly and if yall have experienced any problems. i would like to find out about them so that i would know (if it came to this) what i was buying into and if i should even buy it. Thank you very much.
  • kjclowkjclow Member Posts: 29
    shopaholic2
    I bought my NB in June and have a few very minor problems with the car. I had to replace the window switches, a clip in the sunroof shade broke, and the lock on the arm rest broke. All replaced under warrenty. Check out www.newbeetle.org There appears to be a few bad apples out there, but most are very happy with their cars.
  • sayhey9244sayhey9244 Member Posts: 8
    Just a very general one. Is there any down side to puchasing a New Beetle at an out of town dealership, and getting service, if needed under warranty from one's local VW dealer? The local one doesn't seem interested in negotiating a price, but several dealers in the next city, less than 100 miles away, are definitely more competitive. I'm just wondering if I do purchase out of town, and take it to the locals for any service under warranty, if there's a possibility of getting a hard time. I've heard that the service dept. is a completely serparate entity, usually with little or nothing to do with sales.
    The local dealer will cover you for warranty work. However, Baron WV (my local dealer in AC)will wash your New Beetle when in for oil change etc. if you purchased from them. ($5 wash I 20 services 1st 100K miles, I will save $100!!!!)

Also, went to see what the New Beetle would trade for. I purchased at sticker when the 01 Turbot were scarce. They are now offering only $17.5K as trade 6 months later. So take that into consideration before buying anywhere near sticker.

As an aside, I expect interest rates to drop this week, could take a little of your payment.

Good luck with your purchase.
    I don't own a VW bug..., but I know that true for all makes: service and sales are two completely different departments. I'm sure you'll find your local VW service will very much welcome your business whether or not you've purchased from them. Even with warranty work, they are reimbursed by the manufacturer; they get paid just the same... regardless of where you made the purchase.

The only thing I would recommend if you do purchase out of town is to really take your time with the delivery inspection; make sure you check every nook and cranny to make sure that you don't miss non-warranty type issues, such as a stain on the upholstery or small scratches. My 2 cents.

Good luck and keep us posted. We look forward to hearing about your purchase experience. ;-)

Pocahontas
    Host
    Hatchbacks Message Boards
  • damseldaisydamseldaisy Member Posts: 1
    Live in NYC want to buy the new beetle..Will be my first car want to lease and don't know really were to go. Don't have a job but have the money for the 3 yrs and finance charge. Also willing to buy pre-owned..Were should I go, willing to travel to jersey of brooklyn and queens any advice would be helpful....Thank You
  • gundugundu Member Posts: 1
    any dealers that anyone knows of ? anyone who is nice and gives a good piece and rate ...
    don't want any bitter experiences ...

Thanks guys ..
  • ckenedickenedi Member Posts: 16
    I purchased a NB for my wife in 1999 as a consolation prize for our moving to Toledo,OH and her having to commute 50 miles. It has been ok with the usual window switch problems and a few other small things. The trunk occasionally does not open the first try. Headlight chime occasionaly d/n go off.

With her commute the "2yr/24K" warranty ended in 17 months, so we are a little concerned but still very happy. In 8/99 they were still very scarce (especially yellow ones - her first choice). I downloaded the list of VW dealers within x # of miles and kept calling till I found a yellow, manual GLS with cloth - At or Below sticker (that was hard to find at the time). I had to goto Pittsburgh, but the dealer was really great (Day Apollo in Moon Township, next to the Pitts Airport and my salesman was nice and straightforward - Oliver S Richard).

Before I took the train out there, I put a deposit on a credit card and made them send me a purchase order (not a contract) with a VIN number. I then checked this with the insurance company to make sure it was the car I wanted (I wanted to avoid a "bait and switch").

I agree with Pocohontas about the delivery inspection - I downloaded a USED car checklist and checked everything on it before taking it.

Pittsburgh worked for me because I had friends there to meet me and for me to stay with if anything went wrong - although it actually turned out to be fine.

We have since had service at the local dealership without problem (she uses their shuttle, ect, ect.)

Overall, I would recommend it - its a fun, safe, happy car. Its also very comfortable for tall people if there is no one in back and it has decent storage space if you pack carefully. The newer models probably have many of the minor bugs worked out.

damseldaisy - If you have never leased a car, be very careful. See edmunds site. VW has some leasing programs for college students if you qualify. Your best bet might be a credit union. Many of them participate in the Payment Shaver program, which is very similar to a lease. It is a balloon note program where you only finance the depreciation (like a lease) and at the end you can turn a car in, or buy it and finance or pay the final payment (which is preset at the residual value of the car). There are no aquisition or disposition fees which are profit for the dealership so it is often cheaper. The interest rate is set by the credit union and is usually competitive, slightly more than a loan. You can "lease" for 12k,15k or 18k miles per a year and there are NO wear and tear charges. See paymentshaver.com.
  • kdupraykdupray Member Posts: 3
    Is the new techno blue color basically the same color as the bright blue metallic? My daughter has her heart set on a bright blue bug. Lately I have been seeing more muted blue (pearl paint) bugs that aren't quite as bright of a blue color. Is this the color they refer to as Vapor?
    Thanks for the info.
  • largo40largo40 Member Posts: 3
    My 2000 TDI gets about 36 mpg highway. Has 17,000 miles on it. Should it get better mpg as time goes on? Expected better, around 45. Any comments appreciated.
  • govugovu Member Posts: 62
    largo40--
    How fast are you driving on the highway? If those are all highway miles, you're driving at a reasonable speed, and you trust that your diesel station isn't adding any weird additives to the mix (not that I've ever heard of this happening), I'd bring it in to get examined. In the winter with city driving I still get above 40.
  • largo40largo40 Member Posts: 3
    Drive about 75 on interstate. Also, I have automatic transmission, forgot to mention that. Still, expected in forties.
  • taterbugtaterbug Member Posts: 2
    Since the 15 cent jump in the gas prices, my father wants to to buy the cheapest gas in town. But after I fill my tank, my bug doesn't run as well. When I pull out of some place, it barely moves!! What's up with that?
  • raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    Try buying your own gas at a higher price and see if it's the fuel quality. Is the cheap stuff an 86 Octane?
  • phowell1phowell1 Member Posts: 35
    I have 2 friends with bugs and my daughter has one. BUY THE WARRANTY. All 3 of these have been terrible for little stuff going wrong 2 of them had to have new AC compressors after 2 years , one is a diesel and it has had the fewer problems but had to have new AC compressor it seems like around 30,000 miles or so and they just fall apart . Little interior cheap plastic stuff started falling apart from day 1 . It's almost like they are Ford's or something
  • s852s852 Member Posts: 1,051
    What a hassle. I would rather not deal with excessive repairs at all. Rather than buying a car that needs so many repairs, then buying an extended warranty and hoping the car breaks down enough to justify the expense of the extra warranty, I would skip this car.

Do the 2001 and 2002 models still have the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty?
    Post# 591 "Do the 2001 and 2002 models still have the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty?"

Yes, the VW New Beetle power train warranty is still 10 year/100k. Also, for more information on reliability, you may want to check out Edmunds.com's long term road test: 1998 New Beetle It covers the ownership experience/maintenance of a 1998 New Beetle over a 2 year period (June 98 - April 2000). And for what it's worth, to quote a few words in the last article: "it was reliable and, for the most part, fun to drive."

Also, for more recent information, here's a direct link to our VW New Beetle problems discussion. Hope this is helpful. ;-)

Pocahontas
    Host
    Hatchbacks/Station Wagons Message Boards

• seloveselove Member Posts: 12
    Has anybody seen the ad for 2.9% financing on New Beetles? I went to the web site and they had no disclaimer (e.g. 2.9 good only for 2 year loans etc.). Has anybody seen the fine print on this deal? At this point, I want a NB so bad, I'm afraid to walk into a dealer for fear I will actually buy one! Any info I can get outside of the dealership would be greatly appreciated!

-susan
  • raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    Susan, my current copy of "Car Deals" shows 24 months for the 2.9%. Check with your local dealer.
  • pimmarpimmar Member Posts: 1
    The 2.9% is only good for 2 years, but you can also get 3.9% for up to 48 months, I know because I just took advantage of the 3.9% for 48 mos. That is only if you qualify, although I am not sure what their criteria is, but basically what I have been told by the VW credit department is that it is up to the dealer to negotiate with them to get you the best APR, don't let them tell you otherwise.
  • joemc3joemc3 Member Posts: 8
    According to most of the posts I read VW's are problem cars. Eclipse's all too often in the shop for repairs. Also, not equipped sufficiently for the price. The new Integra is not the car we all expected. The RX is fast but, ugly and not up to par with the Acura as far as reliability.
    So what kind of Rice Rocket can I buy that's quick so I can pull on the freeway without shouting "Giddy-up" I have a Integra GS now excellent car but slow off the line. Only wants to go around 50mph.
    Need some help.
    Thanks
  • purduealum91purduealum91 Member Posts: 285
    Thats easy.. A 2001 Subaru WRX 5seed.
  • vwdeluxevwdeluxe Member Posts: 2
    The financing options are 2.9/24, 3.9/36or48, 4.9/48or60, and 5.9/60. It is up to the dealer to negotiate the rate and set the length. Here in the Boston area, the dealers do not like to use VW Credit and try to get you financed with the local banks at higher rates (they end up making more money that way). We have such a surplus of Beetles in this area that some dealers are offering the lower rates AND discounting the cars $1500-$2500.

Regarding trades: I didn't pay anywhere near sticker for my '99 and wouldn't have. New Beetles are a niche market, when the relatively small number of people run out, the market is flat and there won't be the surplus of people to price gouge. If VW ran them in limited numbers it would be a different story (the main reason for the "special editions"). Like the awful PT Cruiser price gouging, there are simply too many cars around to command a premium. They're making 160,000 PT Cruisers and trying to get $2-5K over sticker? Please! The sales of Beetles is down considerably this year from last. There will be a huge surplus of unsold 2001s when the 2002 debuts.

On the last day of March 1999, I traded my '88 Cabriolet for a '99 New Beetle GLS. Silver with Leather and sunroof and paid less than invoice (a very rare circumstance!). I loved the car despite a few problems, but missed having a convertible. I traded that Beetle for a 2000 Cabrio GLS one year later with 10K miles and got $15k, and I was very happy with that. I was also getting the Cabrio under invoice with 4.9 financing, so I had no right to complain.

Regarding Colors:

There are four blues available:
    Techno Blue > the original bright blue since 1998
    Batik Blue > '99 and on dark purply blue
    Vapor Blue > the "powder" blue special edition
    Vortex Blue > a pearl muted blue similar to Techno

Two Greens:
    Cyber Green > the original pea green
    Isotope Green > a pastel special edition for 2001

Three Yellows:
    Yellow > the original yellow
    Lemon Yellow > a paler version available in Europe and a few were sold here (they have unique interiors)
    Reflex Yellow > the "school bus" yellow special edition

White, Black, Red and Silver.

Happy buggin'

PS: Anyone have any New Beetle Cabrio info? patiently waiting...
  • mateyomateyo Member Posts: 22
    Memorial Day Weekend, I was on I-45 (Houston to Dallas) and drove next to a Beetle in what appeared to be a metallic champagne color. I loved it, and "thumbs-upped" the driver. Is this an available color?

I'm just getting into the new car market and the Beetle is on my list. If the champagne color isn't available through the factory, I'll likely go with Batik Blue. Thanks to all.
  • blubyeu2blubyeu2 Member Posts: 3
    I saw a champagne color at the dealer (Commonwealth VW Santa Ana, CA) the last time I was there). It was either the sport addition or a limited addition model. It look pretty good. I enjoy my 2001 Techno Blue Turbo GLX very much. I have put on about 12,000 miles with no problems. It has plenty of pickup and easy to park.
  • vwdeluxevwdeluxe Member Posts: 2
    I am not sure what the Champagne color is all about, but my sources have given me some 2002 Color Changes:

Double Yellow replaces Yellow (less green tint)

Marlin Blue replaces Batik Blue

Blue Lagoon (current Jetta Color) replaces Techno Blue

Reflex Silver replaces Silver Arrow

Platinum Gray new color

Snap Orange limited edition model

Happy Buggin'
This discussion has been closed.