Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki Swift

2»

Comments

• occupant1occupant1 Posts: 408
    I had a 1995 Metro, 4-cylinder automatic, same car as the Swift. It could drive 85mph all day uphill and downhill, no problems. Even at 112K when I got rid of it, it was still a speed demon. Maybe you need to release your parking brake.
  • telogiajtelogiaj Posts: 1
    I also have a Swift and have the same problems. I drive an automatic and it is extreamly sluggish going up small hills. It is a 97 and only has 41,000 miles on it and I just purchased it for $3,000 needing good mpg for a 40 mile a day commute. Has anyone gotten any ideas about this. I took it to the dealership and they said I needed a new distributor. This hasn't helped and the check engine light blinks going up small hills.
  • fortee9erfortee9er Posts: 98
    I bought this little pocket rocket a month ago with 71,000 miles for $2,000. here the pluses and the minuses:
    Minuses:
    It has a problem with the starter - sometimes it works sometimes it does not. I have replaced the starter twice and the problem persists does anyone have any ideas???
    Second minus :
    It is missing the parcel shelf behind the rear seat and the hatch.
    It is missing the fog lights.
    No radio or speakers.
    Pluses:
    It came with a K&N air filter kit, Calmini strut bars front and rear and oversize Dunlop Sport SP800 tires and it is a blast to drive fast.
    I need help with the starter problem and I am also looking for sources for speed equipment hopefully someone who sells Suzuki Motor Sports equipment in the US or Canada.
    Thanks
  • revkarevka Posts: 1,750
    from our Archived discussions and re-opened. Look for a direct link to Edmunds' Suzuki Swift new vehicle information in the Helpful Links on the upper/left side of this page. Hope this is helpful.

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Station Wagons Boards
  • revkarevka Posts: 1,750
    Hi Folks - Interesting Town Hall Subaru chat, this evening (18 April), for both Subaru and non-Subaru owners. Rick Rhoades, Subaru of America Technical Service Instructor, and Pete Eike, Subaru National Fixed Operations Training Manager will discuss all aspects of maintaining your vehicle, including which areas need attention prior to making those long trips.

If you are around at 6-7 pm Pacific Time or 9-10 ET please join us. And don't forget to fill out the interesting survey in the Chat area as well. Here's the link: http://www.edmunds.com/townhall/chat/subarumaintenancechat041802.html

Thanks!

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Station Wagons Boards
  • i have a suziki swift 1999 i replaced battery alternator starter fuses yet it keeps dying every other day the car only has 80471 miles on it when i bought in december of 2013 i have pu 14 miles on it anyone have ideas on what else could be wrng i really want to keep this car its perfect for the amount i drive when it wants to start

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 6,068
    edited January 29

@lovemycar31 said: i have a suziki swift 1999 i replaced battery alternator starter fuses yet it keeps dying every other day the car only has 80471 miles on it when i bought in december of 2013 i have pu 14 miles on it anyone have ideas on what else could be wrng i really want to keep this car its perfect for the amount i drive when it wants to start

Since you're talking about electrical items, do you mean "dying" as in it won't turn over like the battery is dead? (Could be some kind of short) Or does it starts and then just stop? (Obviously some other issue)

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

2»