Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Focus ZX3 Prices

dragwaydragway Member Posts: 34
edited April 2014 in Ford
If interested please post price paid and options
picked before taxes. Also if you wish your overall
experience with the dealer and getting your price.

Comments

• occupant1occupant1 Member Posts: 412
    her mother or aunt or somebody works at Graham Ford in Columbus, Ohio, and she got her a red ZX3 5-speed. I am told she paid invoice plus $600, no extras, no fees. But she didn't say how much that was. Of course I wouldn't buy a car with all those options...power stuff...CD...I would keep my Focus price under $12K, and if lucky I would have AC in that, too.
  • ford29ford29 Member Posts: 8
    I gave 250 over invoice for a ZX3 with CD, keyless entry, air, smoker package. It came to 13,250 or something around that. The invoice price off of this site is very close to the dealer invoice I looked at. My dealer had 8 but now has 2 or 3 in only a week and a half. All of the ZX3 models are gone!
  • cahollancahollan Member Posts: 32
    Bought mine for $12,500...it's a 5 speed ZX3 with A/C, ABS, and floormats. The local dealers wanted $14000 and wouldn't come off the sticker. Went to Nashville and they sold it to me for $12500, or about $150 less than invoice. Not a bad deal.
  • theatregrltheatregrl Member Posts: 4
    Should have my ZX3 this weekend. Paying $12200 for 5-speed, A/C, floor mats, and smokers package--including taxes, tag, etc! Got it online, and the price is way below what the dealers were willing to do in my area (South Florida). I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
  • cahollancahollan Member Posts: 32
    I've been doing a lot of rural highway driving and a lot of in town driving, and have averaged no less than 30 MPG on any tank of gas with my 5 speed. This includes a couple of peel-outs :) and several 3rd gear downshift passing manuevers. Imagine everyones surprise when this weird little hatchback comes roaring past their wimpy V/6 Mustang.

I'm in love :)
  • orlockorlock Member Posts: 25
    There is something strange going on with the parts prices. The rear glass is way over priced. Maybe it's double goof. The first goof was that Ford changed the price (working in the parts department, a secondary company gives us the prices and then Ford e-mails the corrections) from or to (don't know what December's prices were) about $500-600 to anywhere from $1,200 to $2200. That higher price could be a goof too, but it will stand until Februrary till the prices change again. Prices for Focus parts are generally cheap and I hope it doesn't end up like a Probe where the car was inexpensive, but the parts were outrageous.
  • projectzx3projectzx3 Member Posts: 256
    orlock, if you work in parts can you check on the availability of a left front fender for a ZX3. My dealership has me waiting 4 weeks. i would have emailed you personally but i couldn't find your email address. mine is mugwieh@home.com thanks, mark
  • bjammin2bjammin2 Member Posts: 42
    I was one of the first to get my zx3 about a month ago. I paid 1% over invoice for mine with air and ABS. I'm upset though that cruise wasn't offered then and is now. I also didn't get the easy access passenger seat which is now standard.
  • cefurodcefurod Member Posts: 72
    Only option was a/c and floor mats which i didn't even ask for but was in the car so i think it was a goof or free. Price included Des charge, tax, DMV, doc fees, and window etching. The car was bought in NJ in Loman's Ford.
    To Cahollan or anybody, how many miles have you gotten on a full tank of gas? Mine is on the halfway mark and i've only gotten 150. It's mainly highway miles and haven't reved it over 3000rpm since i'm still breaking it in.
  • mandozmandoz Member Posts: 4
    if anyone out there is from northern california (bay area-sac): i am currently looking for a ford focus zx3...and need to get an amazingly good price. any suggestions would be great. also:is ordering online really that much better? i already started, seeing as i don't have much time to do the footwork.
  • tickbittytickbitty Member Posts: 250
    check the carorder.com site. I'm getting a ZX3 with Air, ABS, and floormats for 11,777, or 12,162 OUT THE DOOR. Carorder prices have gone up a lot here since I ordered (12/21) but it's my understanding that they are still very low in california. Act now though, they don't last long! Also, you may have to special order the car which will take a couple of months. Good luck!
  • jzx3jzx3 Member Posts: 1
    I was offered $100 over invoice on a silver zx3 with everything on it (power pkg/ convenience pkg/ cruise/ air/ ABS/ remote keyless entry) for $13,906. With additional dealer "fees" ($399 for ??? in Florida???)including tax, title and license (paperwork processing fees) the total came to 15,258 (financed @ 6.9 for 5 yrs or 5.9 for 4 yrs). Is this a great deal or am I missing some numbers that I need to question the dealer about. If anyone has purchased a zx3 from the Florida area and knows about the $399 charge (is it negotiable??) please respond to this post. Thanks in advance for all and any info.
  • silver_bulletsilver_bullet Member Posts: 1,339
    I bought my silver ZX3 5-speed with A/C, floormats, and the smoker's package and paid $26 UNDER Edmunds factory invoice price - and was able to take advantage of Ford 4.9% financing to boot. This is truck country, and dealers will do anything to sell an economy car like the ZX3 in order to get it off the lot. I think Ford must sell the Focus as a loss leader to keep their Corporate Average Fuel Economy numbers up. What they want to do is sell nothing but high dollar, high profit SUVs and pick-ups, but the government is watching their CAFE numbers closely.
  • focuszx3rfocuszx3r Member Posts: 92
    I paid 12,000 for my ZX3 with no options. I didnt get a/c or anything. The car is on order and I cant wait to get it If you pay more then 13,000 for this car, why are you buying it?
  • tickbittytickbitty Member Posts: 250
    through CarOrder (mid December order) I finally just got my ZX3 with AC, ABS, & floormats for (drum roll) 11,677. Invoice, 12,600, sticker, 13,500. How you like them apples?
  • tognetertogneter Member Posts: 245
    I paid 14,300 (300 over invoice) for a siver 5-speed w/ everything (except AT, of course).

I went to Harris Ford in Lynnwood, WA. My dealer was a guy named Steve/Buzz. He was the nicest dealer I've worked with, and went out of his way to help me in many ways (including financing with a sketchy credit past after college). I highly recommend that Seattle area people look at this lot. DO NOT go to Prestige in Bellevue. They are a rip-off...and slimy.

Steve actually found a car in Oregon with my specs and suggested I NOT buy it because the dealer's daughter had put 300 miles on it. I've never had a dealer talk me out of a car before.

Delivery did take almost 3 months, but it was worth it!
  • geometrygeometry Member Posts: 1
    CRUISE TOO.
  • mamiledmamiled Member Posts: 3
    I have purchased a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3. I paid 13,700 for AC, Power Windows, Power Locks, ABS and AC. That price does NOT include tax and title etc. So this car is truly going to be around 14,600. Does anyone else think this is a bit much?! I am thinking about canceling my order and going with a regular dealership. I ordered this through a special promotion with the military. Any suggestions?
  • catsoftcatsoft Member Posts: 15
    mamiled, if $13700 includes the $465 destination charge it sound reasonable. With those options the invoice price is $13443. That's less than 2% over invoice. Dealers here swear they won't go below 3% over invoice (not entirely true, see my next posting). If the destination charge is not included that makes it 5.6% over invoice. I'd say you can do better than that.
    Thanks catsoft, was beginning to worry. I guess its not too bad afterall, that tax thing just kills me though! I ordered this car about 3 months ago and just got to test drive it this weekend. Little different than a Lumina (ok no comparison) but its a sporty little thing. Hopefully the 6'2" boyfriend can sit in the passenger seat...the dealer was same height but about 275 pounds and looked a little uncomfortable!
  • jsbxjsbx Member Posts: 18
    Was quoted $100 under invoice in a email sent out through a high volume dealer about 50 miles away from where I live. Got the quote through after requesting info through (autotrader.com -- i think maybe not one of those internet shopping sites) point is, took that e-mail into my local dealer, they said they couldn't match it but would sell me the ZX3 I wanted FOR invoice. I think I've decided to go ahead with the local dealer for service purposes etc, 100 bucks may not be worth the travel time to the other place etc. Haven't ordered yet, but I thought I'd let you all know.
  • jsbxjsbx Member Posts: 18
    I need to proof read. You can't even understand my last post. Sheesh, what I was trying to say is, I asked for a quote on a zx3 through an internet site and was emailed a quote of $100 UNDER invoice from a high volume dealer about 50 miles away. I took that into my local dealer they said they couldn't match it but would find me the ZX3 I wanted and give it to me for invoice. Does this make better sense? LOL

Good luck all!
    Mamiled, I'm 6' 7" and have no trouble fitting in the ZX3. In fact, while looking around for a hatchback the ZX3 had more headroom than a Civic, which made it another reason to go for it. It also drove a whole lot better than a Civic (more power, better handling). In short, I think I'm going to be happy with it (still 7 weeks to go before delivery... ).

Jsbx, well, I couldn't believe my local dealer would match (let alone go below) the Internet quote. Ford has 3% holdback on all their cars, so the dealer still has $361 in profit even if they sell at invoice (dealers don't see it that way, but money is money in my book). My dealer mentioned he didn't mind dipping in their holdback if it got them a customer they wouldn't have otherwise. I agree with you though, for a mere $100 I'd buy from the local dealer. So much easier to deal with them in case something needs fixing.
    Catsoft...well one more week and I shall have the car in my hands! Not to mention they will have the tax money in theirs! I didn't mention, but yes that price included everything. However I think jsbx and you shoulda negotiated for me! Thanks for all your help, I shall let you know how it goes. And if you are 6 7" I don't think he shall have much of a problem!
  • rubiconrubicon Member Posts: 12
    I ordered mine through carOrder.com in January and didn't get it until April.

I paid $13,300 out the door for a fully loaded ZX3 w/o auto and tilt/map lights, which is around $12,100 before taxes and fees. Tack on the $400 college grad rebate and $100 carOrder gave me for no reason (both after taxes), that makes it under $11,700 before taxes and fees.

I'm not trying to sound pretentious or anything but I would be surprised if any average dude (w/o dealer connections or whatever) was able to get such a good deal on this 2 or 3 months ago. carOrder and the dealer gave me a bunch of "rebates" because they messed up several times and I ended up with the deal of a lifetime.
    Rubicon: Wow! That is a good deal! When I add up invoice prices and destination charge for all options (except auto and convenience group) it works out to $14009. That's invoice price! So if your $12100 includes destination charge that means you're getting your baby for about $1900 below invoice. I'm jealous! ;-)

I heard CarOrder had really low prices late last year / early this year for the ZX3. Wished I ordered at that time. Then again, I considered myself luck to still order from Greenlight while they had below-invoice prices. If you look now you'll find CarOrder more expensive than Greenlight and the latter raised its prices above invoice.

As you can see from my post a few days back I eventually ordered from a local dealer below Greenlight's price. That would never have worked without a quote from Greenlight though.

Meanwhile, still waiting to hear when my car is going to be delivered (dealer sent the order to Ford and I believe Ford will get back with a production date).
  • randazzarandazza Member Posts: 1
    I got mine at World Ford in Pembroke Pines, Fla from Salesman Chris Pribble. $13,250 out the door. Including, tax, tag, title, destination. Everything. No BS, no phantom charges, nothing.

Subtract $400 for the graduate rebate and that is under $12850 INCLUDING tax, tag, title, everything. That is, of course, the stripped model. No power anything and a 5-speed tranny. But that is how I wanted it.

So enough of that. I'm really happy with the car after two weeks. It was between this and the Golf. Honestly, I liked this car better than the Golf. So, for the price of a Golf, which I liked less, I got a great hatchback AND a new mountain bike and a new road bike. (No, not from the dealer, I didnt buy the Kona edition). When you look at it that way, the Golf is a dumb move (for me anyhow, maybe not for you).
  • horizon_007horizon_007 Member Posts: 6
    I jsut ordered my Ford focus today, with the twilight blue exterior and the tan interior... my question: what color will the dash be? I know some of the ZX3's have that silver looking console cover. I am afraid that the interior (tan) might look aweful, that the dash could be tan, not grey, with the silver console! I am scared out of my mind, and the dealer is clueless! Help!
    Horizon 007, I don't think that Ford offers a tan interior for the ZX3 - only in the sedans and wagons. My understanding is that Medium Graphite or Charcoal are your two choices. Maybe your dealer is more clueless than you thought, and placed an order for a car that Ford isn't building...
  • horizon_007horizon_007 Member Posts: 6
    He called me yesterday and told me that the car is not available in tan, only in graphite and charcoal. Then, he told me that the factory might not be able to build the car this year (?!). I don't know why that would be so, the manufacturing plant runs 24/7 untill September, then it switches to 2000.....hmm......
    On the main ZX3 forum, someone posted that Ford has released an announcement to dealers that no more orders for 2000 model ZX3s are being accepted. Dealers will start accepting orders for 2001 model cars later this summer. In other words, the factory has all the orders in hand that they can accomodate for this model year. If this is true, you'll need to work with a willing dealer to try and locate a car that comes closest to what you want. You might want to try someone other than "Mr. Clueless", though.
  • powerslidepowerslide Member Posts: 48
    My dealer told me that Ford will start taking order for the 2001 model Focus after June 15. It's so close to the end of the model year it would be wise to wait and get a 2001. Unless you REALLY have to have it now. You will be buying a new car with essentially one year of depreciation if you get the 2000 instead of waiting awhile. I couldn't locate the car I wanted so I had to order. I'm waiting for the 2001's.
  • smokeyburnoutsmokeyburnout Member Posts: 2
    Well it seems everyone is raving about these new zx3's. I recently took one for a spin and it just seemed to have no pep what so ever. Anyway my question is that i had a dealer try and sell me a ZX3 and the price was only $13,500 with no money down. Is this a good price on a 2000 with auto, air, tilt, cd etc? Any input would be appreciated.
  • slickguyslickguy Member Posts: 2
    If you were offered 13,500 for the ZX3, I would take it. The ZX3 that I have been looking at the guy tried selling to me for 14,238. I had almost everything put on it tho (Power locks, windows, etc.)
  • slickguyslickguy Member Posts: 2
    I am thinking about buying/ordering a ZX3 with:
    CD Silver exterior
    Dark Graphite interior
    Cruise
    Air
    Floor Mats
    Power Windows
    Power Locks
    Automatic
    I have been offered $100 over invoice on a 2001, what does anyone think? Can I do better?
    For those of you who have ordered or bought for invoice or less, how did you do it?
    I live in central Illinois, are there any good dealerships around here?

Til' next time...
  • eee523eee523 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, are you really suppose to get a mountain bike with a kona??? I just bought a kona and nothing was mentioned about a bike. HELP PLEASE!!!
  • jwkessler1jwkessler1 Member Posts: 99
    Watchin' - Buying an ordered car for invoice or even a bit over is good for you and for the dealer. You save a bunch and the dealer gets 3% back from Ford as profit. The 3% is intended to cover the dealer's cost of holding the car on the lot (finance charges, insurance, etc.). If you order, the dealer pockets the 3%. If you buy off the lot, the 3% gets eaten up.

Some buyers do better, some do a lot worse then invoice or there-abouts.

I too ordered, and got a 2000 for $100 over invoice. Another dealer offered me the car at invoice, but I didn't like that dealer's service department. I figure $100 is peanuts in comparison to the over all cost of the car. I'm willing to let the dealer make a couple of extra buck on the deal if I think they may help me out in the future.

Bikin' - The Kona bike does come with the car, but it's shipped to the dealer seperately after you take delivery. Thje dealer should know that however and should have told you. Did you actually ask?
  • powerslidepowerslide Member Posts: 48
    $100 over is a good price. I'm putting an order for a 2001 SE for $100 over on Friday. Almost the same deal as above. Dealer, 60 miles away would sell for invoice, but local dealer would sell for $100 over. Local guy has free loaners, free first oil change, salesman gets a little commision and it keeps the money in the community. Total time spent negotiating 10 minutes.
  • rfruthrfruth Member Posts: 630
    I stopped at a Ford dealer on my Independence Day bicycle ride (don't ask) there was one ZX3 on the lot it was a Kona (washable interior locking roof
    rack & mountain bike the salesman said) My Civic is great (the ZX3 was oh so new when I bought) but if I had to do it over again today I'd have a
    tough decision to make.

Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
    http://freeweb.pdq.net/rfruth

1981 Raleigh for commuting, errands & fun
    1997 Trek 2300 for real fun !
    2000 Civic hatchback when I have to
  • rwgreenbergrwgreenberg Member Posts: 154
    Hi I'm getting close to ordering a 2001. I checked the prices at carsdirect.com (the only web site I know of taking orders for the 2001) and they posted a price 500 over invoice for the basic 5 speed with the ~1000 dollar premium package. Any advice? Thanks
  • njzx3njzx3 Member Posts: 170
    I ordered my Z back in the end of may and from what ive been told it isnt even hitting the production line until august 8th or so. Guess it's gonna be a very young yet old 2000 model.

anyways, it's:

-Twilight Blue

-Auto Tranny (love stick but in NJ/NYC traffic it realy sucks)

-Air Conditioning

-Speed Control (or cruise control... whatever it's called)

-Convenience Group (tilt/telescope steering/maplight)

-power group (power windows/locks/mirrors)

-Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)

-Smokers Package (needed to calm that NJ Road Rage during rush hour)

-Floor Mats

and all the other standard stuff... CD, etc... Basically my Z is fully loaded minus side airbags.

Total cost before taxes came to about 14,700
    (200 bucks under invoice)

If ya ask me it was a steal...

NJ
    I forgot to mention Anti-Lock Brakes =)
    Well, after getting involved with this Zx3
    lovefest, I ordered a white 2001 with the 50P
    premium group (air, speed, bigger wheels I think)
    and a moonroof to boot. Final price before tax, including all other expenses $13,636. After all
    of my research (including a Consumer Reports
    print-out) I still wasn't really sure of what the
    dealer was paying for the car. Is there no
    definitive invoice price service?
    Rich...
    check http://www.kbb.com there you can print out a listing of all the invoice prices of the car+options
  • wbzx3fanwbzx3fan Member Posts: 10
    I am also wondering about the invoice on the 2001's. Edmunds has the 2000's at 11,255 and the 2001's at 10,946 (no destination charge or options). That doesn't seem right, does it? Other sites I've found it to be 11,530 and 11,930 (for the 2001). Which one of these sounds the closest?
    Yes, I saw the Edmunds site also, and came to conclusion that they were mistaken.
  • unfocusedunfocused Member Posts: 3
    Before spending your hard earned dollars, please consider this--and if you don't, you can't say I didn't warn you. I have a ZX3, now one year old (11,000 highway miles). 6 recalls. 14 days in the shop and more scheduled. Resale value $9K. 5-speed removed 3 times now. Still not right. Windows have been removed and replaced to fix a creaking in both doors. New parts, on order, will require them to be taken out again. I suggest looking at all the other complaints on this site, then rethinking the ZX3, saving some more money, and then buying a Celica.
  • sellingzx3konasellingzx3kona Member Posts: 12
    10,300 miles Automatic * Power Everything * Factory CD Player * 16 inch Factory Alloys * Kona Blast Mountain Bike * Factory Roof Rack * Factory Water Proof Seat Covers * Every available factory option * Only 4,000 2000 model year Konas made- Only 1,000 were Silver!
    I have ordered my new car so I must sell.
    I am in the Dallas area. If you are interested please call me @ 214-629-3061 or e-mail me at kprince@myfirstlink.net. E-MAIL FOR PICTURE!
  • edm9edm9 Member Posts: 16
    I live in Nashua NH. I bought a 2001 white, 5spd,CD,air,floor mats. Thats all I wanted. (project car, many mods to come. )
    I paid (are you ready) $10,032 out the door. The dealer even paid off the balance on my old vehicle. $3200.00 (and no it wasn't added to my new car) I got 5.9% for 5 years. I will pay it off in 3 and save a ton of cash. (which I will use to make it unique). I think the sales person I dealt with was desparate to make a sale. Of course I took advantage of this!!!!!

Chalk one up for the consumer!!!!!!
  • phowell1phowell1 Member Posts: 35
    I bought my 2001 Sedan with auto and air for $550 under invoice and Ford gives you first 2 months payments up to $500 plus 4.9 Financing Not Bad.I bought it for 1 reason as a work car for the mileage and it is the only small car I can drive do to the room I am 6'7" 300lb and it fits good.
This discussion has been closed.