Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where are all the Festivas?

2»

Comments

• debrahilldebrahill Posts: 13
    I can only hope you are right,with the suggestion that SUVs will become too expensive. A taxi driver here in San Francisco, has a scarier possibility... after a couple more years, and it's time to get a new auto, all these out of date SUVs will become the first cars for the family teenager.... how's your medical insurance?
  • silver_bulletsilver_bullet Posts: 1,339
    Here in Houston ("Where Trucks Are King"), I see ratty SUVs all the time. Most of them are driven by low income wannabes and kids. I especially fear the lowered Explorers running tiny chrome wheels with wide whitewalls, and sporting garish backyard metallic paint jobs. I realize this is America, but I think all this trash should be removed from the road and crushed. Whatever happened to good taste and common sense?

Debrahill, there is a creampuff Festiva here in my apartment complex - a silver one, no less. It has a manual tranny, but if you are interested, I can put a "do you want to sell this car?" note on the windshield - let me know.
  • debrahilldebrahill Posts: 13
    Gotta say, you're a doll, but I *really* will wait for an automatic. It is just to scary to try to learn new tricks in a city filled with lots of tall hills....

I am sorry to learn that the plague is already upon us with the rat SUVs. At least you can spot them coming?
  • lancerfixerlancerfixer Posts: 1,308
    It's been a couple weeks...any luck yet?
  • occupant1occupant1 Posts: 408
    found a silver 1992 Festiva on eBay in Columbus OH for $275 but alas, a standard transmission, and with bad transmission bearings at that. I'll keep my eyes open. I have seen Festivas in junkyards with over 200K, I am sure there are plenty on the road, finding an automatic will be tough. I remember test driving a standard Festiva a couple years ago, the clutch pedal is so far off the floor that I hurt my calf trying to declutch.

If I find one here in Dallas I'd be willing to deliver it to you for gas and a bus ticket and whatever it costs. I'll keep you posted!

Alan
  • inuvikinuvik Posts: 131
    Well, did you ever get your Festiva replaced? It's been awhile since we've gotten a update.
  • what was/is the difference between a festiva/ aspire & the mazda 121 which is sold in europe and japan, etc? did mazda make the 121, while kia made the festivas & aspires? or did kia make and do they continue to make the mazda 121?
  • marbymarby Posts: 34
    this link shouls help answer your question,
    http://www.egroups.com/group/festiva
  • clurdclurd Posts: 1
    I bought a '93 Festiva because it was cheap and bright colored (aqua). I didn't know how to drive standard... but couldn't turn down such a bargain. It was a challenge to get started facing uphill for the first few weeks, but you learn fast, and the clutch miraculously survived. My Festiva weathered a year of San Francisco's hills, and a four-year road trip around the U.S. The car did fine on the open highway (well, a lot of cars passed us in the mountains of Montana), and after four years on an island (Key West), I'm pleased to report she's just fine on a strict diet of short trips too. I replaced the clutch this year -- at 93,000 miles. I hope I never have to replace the car.
  • I have an 89 Festiva L. I tried changing the thermostat twice over the past 7 years, but no change. The car has to go about 5 miles before I feel any heat in the winter. Any ideas?
    Mike
  • I just realized how invisible the Festiva really is to other cars. I was driving this week minding my own business, when this large truck (F150) decided he wanted to be in my lane. Fortunately I was able to swerve and drive up a snow pile to avoid being smooooossshed. I think it would've hurt!! I'm a little nervous now about my little Jelly Bean Car (it's aqua and looks as small as a jelly bean). Have any of my fellow Festiva owners had scary Festiva driving incidents too? Drive Safely....with your hands on the horns!!
2»
This discussion has been closed.
Where are all the Festivas? - Page 2 - Car Forums at Edmunds.com