Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where are all the Festivas?

2»

Comments

• debrahilldebrahill Posts: 13
    I can only hope you are right,with the suggestion that SUVs will become too expensive. A taxi driver here in San Francisco, has a scarier possibility... after a couple more years, and it's time to get a new auto, all these out of date SUVs will become the first cars for the family teenager.... how's your medical insurance?
  • silver_bulletsilver_bullet Posts: 1,339
    Here in Houston ("Where Trucks Are King"), I see ratty SUVs all the time. Most of them are driven by low income wannabes and kids. I especially fear the lowered Explorers running tiny chrome wheels with wide whitewalls, and sporting garish backyard metallic paint jobs. I realize this is America, but I think all this trash should be removed from the road and crushed. Whatever happened to good taste and common sense?

Debrahill, there is a creampuff Festiva here in my apartment complex - a silver one, no less. It has a manual tranny, but if you are interested, I can put a "do you want to sell this car?" note on the windshield - let me know.
  • debrahilldebrahill Posts: 13
    Gotta say, you're a doll, but I *really* will wait for an automatic. It is just to scary to try to learn new tricks in a city filled with lots of tall hills....

I am sorry to learn that the plague is already upon us with the rat SUVs. At least you can spot them coming?
  • lancerfixerlancerfixer Posts: 1,308
    It's been a couple weeks...any luck yet?
  • occupant1occupant1 Posts: 408
    found a silver 1992 Festiva on eBay in Columbus OH for $275 but alas, a standard transmission, and with bad transmission bearings at that. I'll keep my eyes open. I have seen Festivas in junkyards with over 200K, I am sure there are plenty on the road, finding an automatic will be tough. I remember test driving a standard Festiva a couple years ago, the clutch pedal is so far off the floor that I hurt my calf trying to declutch.

If I find one here in Dallas I'd be willing to deliver it to you for gas and a bus ticket and whatever it costs. I'll keep you posted!

Alan
  • inuvikinuvik Posts: 131
    Well, did you ever get your Festiva replaced? It's been awhile since we've gotten a update.
  • what was/is the difference between a festiva/ aspire & the mazda 121 which is sold in europe and japan, etc? did mazda make the 121, while kia made the festivas & aspires? or did kia make and do they continue to make the mazda 121?
  • marbymarby Posts: 34
    this link shouls help answer your question,
    http://www.egroups.com/group/festiva
  • clurdclurd Posts: 1
    I bought a '93 Festiva because it was cheap and bright colored (aqua). I didn't know how to drive standard... but couldn't turn down such a bargain. It was a challenge to get started facing uphill for the first few weeks, but you learn fast, and the clutch miraculously survived. My Festiva weathered a year of San Francisco's hills, and a four-year road trip around the U.S. The car did fine on the open highway (well, a lot of cars passed us in the mountains of Montana), and after four years on an island (Key West), I'm pleased to report she's just fine on a strict diet of short trips too. I replaced the clutch this year -- at 93,000 miles. I hope I never have to replace the car.
  • I have an 89 Festiva L. I tried changing the thermostat twice over the past 7 years, but no change. The car has to go about 5 miles before I feel any heat in the winter. Any ideas?
    Mike
  • I just realized how invisible the Festiva really is to other cars. I was driving this week minding my own business, when this large truck (F150) decided he wanted to be in my lane. Fortunately I was able to swerve and drive up a snow pile to avoid being smooooossshed. I think it would've hurt!! I'm a little nervous now about my little Jelly Bean Car (it's aqua and looks as small as a jelly bean). Have any of my fellow Festiva owners had scary Festiva driving incidents too? Drive Safely....with your hands on the horns!!
2»
This discussion has been closed.