Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford Focus ZX3

1505152535456»

Comments

• Options
    pincrusherpincrusher Member Posts: 1
    The problem is the thermostat housing, which is made of plastic, has a crack in it. It will leak once the system is hot and pressurized. I just put one in my car. $26.99 at advance auto. When replacing, do not over tighten and crack the new one.
  • Options
    yankabillyyankabilly Member Posts: 43
    not completely sure but that wire connects to the engine shut off ( which is by passengers right calf ) if it keeps coming off just use some red lock tight and if you still cannot get it to start the wire is broken from there to engine cut off or the engine cut off part is bad
  • Options
    yankabillyyankabilly Member Posts: 43
    okay after you replaced the starter did that take care of the key fob problem

the head light and whiper problem is probably in that hole mechanism ( easy fix )

the break switch problem is one of two things
    it has come loose and needs adjustment or there is a lot of junk that has built on it and not letting the switch to go all the way down
  • Options
    kentlewankentlewan Member Posts: 1
    All you people experiencing problems with your keys and ignition, this is a known Focus problem! See http://www.fordproblems.com/trends/key-stuck-ignition/ I had my ignition fail on a 2002 Focus ZX3 in 2011. Had to get the whole mechanism replaced by my mechanic. Cost me about $500. No problems since though occasionally the key still sticks. One tip the mechanic gave me was, never use the Steering Wheel lock. It's easier said than done though as I park on a hill a lot and have to turn my wheels into the curb, which engages the SW Lock.