Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru Impreza Outback Sport & TS

1565758596062»

Comments

• dpashkindpashkin Member Posts: 4
    Got the max - 48 months. Actually, here's an interesting story.

We got the car on Tuesday evening and since we were at the dealership with our 10 month old and by the end of the whole ordeal the kid was pretty tired, we asked the mechanics to hurry up with cleaning and waxing the new car, so we could get out of there. So next day, I checked out the car in the day light and notice that they haven't really cleaned the roof - the glue from the plastic is still there. So I called the dealership and arranged to stop by on Friday to get that roof cleaned up. When I finally made it there on Friday, I was amazed to find their showroom nearly empty! More so, when I finally got a hold of they guy i was dealing with, he told me that they've been closing at midnight for two days straight and that they've broke all of the Illinois sales records!

Great news for Subaru, I suppose!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Cash for clunkers...

I went to change the oil on my Miata and their showroom only had one car in it (vs. the usual 4).

It's a short-term gain, though. They keep running out of money.
  • nightcrawler29nightcrawler29 Member Posts: 146
    Yep, I think its all because of the cash for clunkers program. Every dealer and their dog have been advertising the program like crazy... (even though not all people will qualify). But I also heard that dealers are taking away the rebates and just using the vouchers provided by the program..... kind of a way for them to make more moola.... but I went to pick up my plates at the dealer last week, and I saw they had a bunch of cars in the back with the word "clunker" written on the windshield. So people have definitely used this program. I myself used the clean air check program provided by Texas, where they give you up to $3500 for your clunker.... so I changed my 1989 nissan pulsar for an OBS. I did got the $3k voucher plus rebates, so I got a good deal I think. Anyway, we'll see how long the federal program lasts. It seems like they will run out of money again by next week.
    Cool! congrats on your new car!! :shades:
    I wonder if my Miata would have qualified? I'd probably have to get a hybrid, though.
    I don't know about the miata. I think the older model miatas would give just as good of an mpg as newer models. I think if you had to qualify for cash for clunkers, you would need to have an old suv, such an explorer, navigator, suburban or something similar where the mpgs are much lover than what you can get these days. But then, it never hurts to try.
    That's what I mean, though.

My '93 Miata was EPA rated 26/30.

You had to improve by 4 mpg to get the full credit, so it would have to be something in the 30s, and a new Miata would not do it - but a hybrid or a Fit would.

I just heard on the radio, though, that the IRS is saying the $4500 credit will be taxable. In a 28% tax bracket that means you'll owe $1,260 back.

The IRS never loses an opportunity to worsen its image.
    On the cash for clunkers program rules, it states on #8 The CARS credit is not taxable to consumers.

And I heard the sales tax will be tax deductible.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    Your car has to get 18 mpg or less (according to EPA combined rating) to qualify, at all...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

It seems that anyone who has owned a Ford Explorer model 1994 through 1999 qualifies with flying colors!
    Someone in another thread mentioned it may be taxable to the dealers. Either way, I stand corrected.
  • theredsubtheredsub Member Posts: 3
    I got a used 04 impreza ts, which is a wagon, with 71k miles on it. I love it, and for the most part is works and sounds great.

Theres just this strange vibrating sound at 1500 and 3000 rpm's, when I'm accelerating, I just hope it's not some expensive problem starting.

It also makes some other strange noises, especially when it's cold, but the main thing is this vibration at 1500 and 3000- anybody know what this is???
    Just a follow up to the previous post-

the vibration noise is coming from somewhere under the hood- engine, transmission, or otherwise. It doesn't sound like a loose dashboard or exterior problem-
  • propwash49propwash49 Member Posts: 38
    If it's only happening at 1500 and 3000 and not at the speeds in between (like 2000 or 2500) try parking on level ground and rev up to 1500 and 3000 with the transmission in neutral. If you still get the vibration at those speeds, you know it's something vibrating in harmonics with the engine. It will probably not be in the tranny or drive line, because the vehicle is stationary. It might also help to have someone rev up the engine while you look under the hood. You might see something vibrating, like a power steering pump, AC compressor or mounting bracket for the alternator. You could also look under the car and see if any of the heat shields in the exhaust system are vibrating. If the vibration is fairly loud and coming from under the hood you should be able to find it . Good luck.
    Thanks for the advice! I'll try it and post the results-
  • shawmoushawmou Member Posts: 9
    My co-worker lease a new 09 Impreza sedan had similar concern. He accelerates the car from standing when it reaches to about second gear the transmission making humming noise. He brought the car back to the dealer. Dealer contacted the manufacture and claim there is no mechanical issue. The dealer did made some adjustments to reduce the humming noise.

I bought the Impreza Outback Sport in February and have the same power train as the sedan. I received no noise at all.
This discussion has been closed.