Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Montana

Comments

• montanamontana Member Posts: 1
    We are the disgusted owners of a 97 transport montana.....i went against my standard rule to never buy 1st year model and now we're paying for it.....48K miles and it has been in the shop at least 20 times since march 97...water in headlights....faulty driver side mirror....door panels with faulty clips.....power steering unit....power seat controls unit....sliding door...a clicking noise which noone can find or determine.....now a broken hatch strap.....water pump......alternator may be going now.....whole new dash instrument cluster....and now that the warantee is over.......GM doesn't give a rat's __ __ __.......Pontiac.....i might as well talk to my kids as to talk to GM...dealer's been great...GM Corporate needs customer service relations remedial training and a wake up call...
  • gompgomp Member Posts: 1
    With all the talk about the offset crash test - I've begun to look at other models. I've tried to contact Chevy and Pontiac via email - however their responses have been poor. In one case, they (Pontiac) claimed they were 5 star rating - Chevy says they are fine. The videos say it differently. Has anyone had a response from GM respective of improvements that were made to the '99 model after the '98 crash tests? Or has there been a statement from GM that I could review?
    Thanks--
  • SAhladasSAhladas Member Posts: 35
    Yes,
    http://www.theautochannel.com/news/date/19961121/news02533.html

Don't forget that this is a test. The Previa with
    its overall rating of poor has proven to be a
    very safe vehicle. YMMV.

(http://www.carsafety.org/ddr7.htm)
  • blaakmanblaakman Member Posts: 1
    I have read and researched almost every post on the safety/crash test issues and am now convinced to lease a Montana. Thanks to all for sharing there crash test info or personal experiences with crashes
    Has anyone recently leased a Montana please tell me what "deal" you got.
    I am looking for 36mos, 12k/yr. extended van fully loaded except Video/entertainment system.

FYI -After driving the Honda, Toyota, Ford Dodge and Plymouth- This has what I want- comfortable seats, lots of room, decent factory sound system & good pickup. Also has great radial turning;- after driving a Montana home for my wife to check out, I had to return.. The Extended van handled a U turn with ease. Honda is great but -3-4 mos for van...no way I also worry the the Honda seats for a long drive will be uncomfortable.
  • ludwig1ludwig1 Member Posts: 1
    DO ANY ONE KNOW HOW THE GM SUPPLIER NEW VEHICLE PURCHASE PROGRAM PLUS WORKS. I AM INTERESTED IN PURCHASING A MONTANA VAN. IS THE DISCOUNT ONLY OFF THE MSRP OR THE LOWEST PRICE I CAN GET?
  • steveaatechsteveaatech Member Posts: 3
    ludwig1,
    Just got a letter this week. Visited an Olds and Pontiac dealer. This program is NOT the GM worker program. Instead, they are having the dealers work off of a price on the invoice that is marked "GMS". It is supposedly the BASE cost the dealer pays. They are then to mark it up by 4%. By my numbers, this puts them just under the dealer invoice listed in Edmunds. The amount varies somewhat but it is about 100 below what Edmunds lists as invoice.
    Steve
  • markwmarkw Member Posts: 8
    Previous 96 Pontiac Transport owner just traded for 99 Caravan Sport for the wife have to drive her 98 civic lx now until...? Seems Chrysler Engine/Tranny Issue was 95-96 Mitsibushi products. 3.0 Engine and 3 speed tranny. If buying Chrylser get the 3.3 or better and the 4 speed. The rest of the vehicle appears to have average reliabilty... meaning lower than good or excellent.
  • SAhladasSAhladas Member Posts: 35
    Oh my! You should read a little more here on the chrysler 4 speed. Did they get it right in '99? I dunno, time will tell.
  • joegjoeg Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1997 Transsport. Has anyone had any problem with rattling noise coming from the engine/transmission during start up (usually last for 2-3 minutes)? I've had this problem since April '98. Since then I've brought it in for service. And it seems to get worse (louder). They've narrowed it down to the Transmission pump cavitating during cold startup. However the service bulletin stated no repair needed. Reason: will not affect reliability of part. How can this be so? As an engineer, I learned that cavitation is not good for pumps. Can anyone help?

Other than this noise problem, I have no complaints with this vehicle. It currently has 34,000 miles.
  • dusterduster Member Posts: 37
    I have a 98 Trans Sport Montana, with under 12,000mi on it. Been in and out of the shop 5 times for bad brakes. I have had the master cylinder replaced, the rear wheel cylinders replaced, and a warped drum. I have also had the brakes bled because of air getting into the system. My brakes squeal like a pig stuck in mud.
    The dealer said its normal,of course he has a 99'
    Montana(no difference from 98')his brakes are fine. If anyone has or had similar problems
    please share them. Honda is the way to go!
  • thall4thall4 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 97 SE Trans Sport. Nothing major has happened except the headlights keep getting condensation in them. Otherwise it has been a very good vehicle. My only problem is trying to sell the thing. We relocated and no longer need the "volume" of the minivan, but even at $2,500 under Edmund's retail, I can't even get a phone call. Can anyone tell me why no one wants one?? I'm almost afraid to read all these postings, maybe I'll find out.
  • sweeterssweeters Member Posts: 5
    The problem may be the offset crash rating. The 97 Transport did poorly. Some folks are scared off because of that crash test (it is the one thing keeping me on the fence regarding a 1999 Silhouette, same platform and build as the Trans Port). Plus, Consumer Reports has a HUGE bias against GM minivans, so if anyone places their trust there, that might be the problem. Hope your luck turns around soon.
    If you're considering the 99 Montana or Olds Silhouette, this summer the OnStar system (safety, emergency services, stolen vehicle tracking, etc.) is being installes FREE ($1300 value). There is a monthly service charge of @ $22 a month. Check it out. This may make the decision easier for us!
  • rschmidtrschmidt Member Posts: 2
    Sweeters: This transport sounds like a piece of junk. Why would any one steal it? And if they did, would you really want it back!!
    Why the hostility? If you have some input or experience with the Transport, tell us. That might help us make our decisions. But a snide comment like that will only be disregarded.
  • amiami Member Posts: 2
    I am a few hours a wawy from purchasing a
    1999 Montana. I am really excited! I've been searching for a minivan that I realyy like and can see int he back of withiuyt straining my neck. What sold me over the Honda is that I am a petite female 4'11 and the Honda Driver's seat doesn't rise like that of the Montana. People can talk about safety,crash rating etc. but they don't take into account a short person stting behind the wheel. Almost every car with an airbag is a potential death trap when that airbag comes out. I was in a headon collision with a Hyundai Elantra station wagon at only 20 mph and because of my height or lack therof I was almost killed by the airbag because it was level with my face. Just that rising seat in the Montana makes it a definite plus for me. I'll keep you all posted.
  • philyuenphilyuen Member Posts: 4
    I bought a 98 Transport Montana with more than $6,000 off MSRP. As for safety, Towncar or Suburban will be safer than any minivans. It's safer than Honda or Toyota in terms of theft.
    I like the 8-seat feature. In April 99, my family with 3 children, ages 9, 5, 3 and another family with 2 children, ages 10 and 13 months drove from NYC to Orlando. The kids loved the trip. The engine is good enough. It is not as good as Toyota or Honda. But here in NYC, if I were to buy a Toyota or Honda, I would have to pay $6,000 more.
    The A/C and the Auto transmission, I have to say, may be better than the Honda or Toyota.
    By the way, my wife is still driving her 87 Acura Integra (Honda made) that I bought her before we got married. My complain on the Honda is it's too small and A/C is not powerful enough. So, you can say that I am a big Honda fan.
    I did have a few defects.
    1. Short on Power sliding door.
    2. Front right turn signal housing had to be replaced because of water damaged.
    3. Rattle in the dashboard. I haven't have it fixed yet.

Overall, I am happy with it after 9,000 miles.
    I used to own a 94 Nissan Quest. I had some nerve branch damaged above my right thigh and were having problem pressing the gas pedal. 94 Quest has only 151 horsepower.
    After replacing the Quest with the Pontiac Transport Montana, (GM sells Pontiac with a nameplate of Montana, starting 1999) I was able to drive down from NYC to Orlando with 9 people from 2 families- 5 children, ages 10 to 13 months.
    Big plus on the GM. A/C with pollen filter and the smooth automatic transmission.
    Question, anyone have the rattle problems fixed, especically around the dashboard, windnoise from the left sliding door, please let me know.
  • amiami Member Posts: 2
    Well I got my Montana and I love it! My husband who is a big Honda fan was thoroughly impressed with all the options. He even went as far to admit he likes it more than the odyessey! Hopefully I won't need to get it serviced any time soon. I will keep you posted after my "Big" trip to NY.
  • netman954netman954 Member Posts: 2
    I have a '95 Pontiac Transport with automatic
    sliding door. The door stopped working and I
    discovered that the battery was drained. After
    recharging the battery, sliding door still did not
    work. However, I heard a hum and found out that the
    sliding door motor was running. Tried to slide the
    door back and forth to see if the motor would shut
    off, but it didn't. I disconnected the power cable
    to the sliding door. What could be wrong with it?
    My 98 Montana has 9000 miles and has the following items fixed/replaced:
    1. Short on power door fixed.
    2. Front turn signal housing replaced
    3. 3rd row seat seatbelt fixed because it was blocking the seat from moving up.

Watch out for condensation in the headlamp or turn signal. GM will replace them without asking any questions. Fix it before the warranty expire!
  • inuvikinuvik Member Posts: 163
    I had a 1997 Transport. GM ended up buying it back under the lemon law in the state of Oregon. It was constantly in the shop. Door problems, door problems, door problems!!! ABS problems, electrical problems, transmission problems and to top it all off, the engine developed piston slap at less than 10000 miles and needed to be replaced.
    I had a 1994 MPV that I absolutely loved but had the new car itch. The Transport was thousands less than the Mazda. After litigation with GM, they cashed me out the full retail price of the Transport and I went back to Mazda. See my post in Mazda MPV topic #23.
  • dranoeldranoel Member Posts: 79
    I have a 1994 Transport w/60,000 mi. Original everything except tires, battery, and an a/c recharge. Electric side door--never a problem. Do I like it? It does it's job very well, I view it as a very good home appliance.
  • carmacgcarmacg Member Posts: 1
    I HAD TWO TRANSPORTS 1992 AND 1995 AS WELL AS 14 OTHER PONTIAC MODELS OVER THE LAST 22 YEARS. I HAVE HAD ONLY ONE PROBLEM WITH THE TRANSPORTS (MAJOR PROBLEM) AND THAT WAS THE AUTO SIDE DOOR MOTOR WENT BAD. AS THE LEASE WAS UP I NEVER GOT IT REPAIRED. AND ANOTHER PROBLEM THE ELECTRIC MIRROR ON THE 1992 DRIVERS SIDE DOOR BIT IT.
    OTHER THAN THAT, I LOVE THE TRANSPORTS.
  • tmihotmiho Member Posts: 5
    SOME MISC RAMBLINGS:

Just a smidge over 1 year and 25k miles. Dealer warranty replaced headlamps with moisture, fixed right rear window electric motor (opener), but I paid for expensive micron airfilters replacement.

Still love the vehicle. Runs super smooth at 80-90 mph and hauls wife's wheelchair, mine and my kid's rollerbaldes (et al), golf clubs, and stuff very nicely.

NOTE: remember to close tailgate before pulling out of the garage. Back window is over $500.00. I guess that's what I get for being in too much of a hurry to get to work.

I do like the specifications and articles regarding the new Odyssey. I'll consider it next purchase.

PONTIAC: If someone from Pontiac reads these boards (they really should pay attention) please pass along the concept of Performance Mini-Van. Montana GTP, Borla exhaust, 17" grippers, 1 1/2" lower...build it and they will come.

Pissed off a little 97 Mustang V6 the other night racing up a long two lane freeway on-ramp. Kept up with him for the first 1/8th then he sloooowly pulled away. I always floor it on on-ramps no matter what; I hate getting on a 65 freeway at less than 65. He just happened to be there next to me.

Took a small trip to San Diego the other day. Buddy's Expedition can hold 7 people but no wheelchair. My van can hold 7 people AND the wheelchair. Granted, their shoulders are a little closer in the middle seat, but sheesh, you'd think the Ford Land-Yacht could carry the chair too. Plus I get way better gas mileage and it fits in the garage.

Mini-Vans are the unsung hero of vehicles. They are able to do most things fairly well and are decent looking these days.
  • sherkhansherkhan Member Posts: 1
    We baught a '97 Trans Sport with 21K miles over a month ago. It is a short wheelbase. It now has 22.5K miles and the following problems:

1. Moisture in headlamps & foglights
    2. Rear wiper & washer do not work
    3. Rattles and squeaks from rear door.
    4. Noises from rear windows
    5. Rear right seat does not slide
    6. Rear right power window does not work at times
    7. Slight jerks when moving forward in "D" (foot off the accelerator)
    8. Weather strip coming off on all doors.
    9. Brakes squeal
    10. Slight oil leak (don't know where)
    11. Right outside plastic trim loose.
    12. Slight rattle/ping when engine is started (lasts only for 1 to 2 secs)
    13. Slight hesitation moving forward
    14. Brakes act funny when the van is just started and I need to use brakes. Under normal driving they work fine. I am not sure if ABS is working properly.
    15. Strange noise while driving around 50 MPH. Seems to be comming from wheels. Can't figure out what exactly it is. sounds like "shuck....shuck...shuck"

I must say that the fit & finish is very poor. The Van drives good. Let's see how well it does in the next 10 months before my waranty expires. I will get rid of it if problems persist and go with a Honda.

Has anyone bought an extended waranty? Are they as good as the manufacturer's? Bumper-to-bumper? For how much?
  • rpdrrpdr Member Posts: 2
    I'm new to this and I'll make it short. Our '96 Cavalier z24 died on a road trip. We had it towed to a dealer and after a long "wake" listened to the mechanic's eulogy and started walking the lot looking for a car. Since the repairs necessary on the Cavalier put us upside down money wise our only real option was tacking the difference on a used car ($4000 !). This was especially discouraging since the most we planned to spend that day was lunch at Mcdonald's drive thru! We didn't like anything the dealer had. The sales mgr. said that several "program" vehicles were just purchased at auction and were on their way back to the dealership. We waited for a 98 Transport to arrive. When it did we were pleasantly surprised. It had 22000 miles on it and here are my initial impressions (we've had it a month and 2000 miles):

1) It rides better than any car I've owned. Very quiet and very smooth.
    2) It has a real "peppy" feel. I've rented other brand minivans in the past that seemed to reluctantly lug you down the road. The Transport glides down the road effortlessly (is the tack there to brag about the small amount of RPM it takes to achieve speeds?) With a slight but pleasant bouncy feel on secondary roads.
    3) The driving position is exceedingly comfortable. Everyone seems happy with the rear seat comfort although I've only carried relatively average height females. At 5'10" I don't find the rear seats uncomfortable but they certainly don't envelop you. Is there any van where the seats recline all the way horizontal? That would be an improvement in the Transport.
    4) So far we are absolutely thrilled.
    5) We took it to a local Pontiac dealer when we got home and I've never had better treatment and timely service (Beamon Pontiac, Nashville)...they addressed the following:

Brake pad replacement
    Headlamps replaced (moisture)
    Console squeak

They provided me a car overnight and transportation back to work. I was amazed. I will keep y'all posted.
  • rpdrrpdr Member Posts: 2
    To SherKhan:

Most everything on your list should be under warranty and much of it seems like neglect from a previous owner. This was the case in our vehicle and coincidentally we had the same "shuck shuck shuck" when driving and discovered it was a tire that had a puncture plugged ...you may have the same problem.
  • KrachankoKrachanko Member Posts: 1
    I own a 98 Transport Montana with about 8K miles. I changed the oil myself for the first time a few weeks ago. The dealer did the first oil change. When the oil filter is removed, the oil runs down the front side of the engine and over some wire harness that is there. What a mess! I am wondering if there is a trick to removing the filter without creating the mess. Either someone at the dealer had a trick for doing this, or they were exceptional about cleaning it up (yeah, right). Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone found a trick to remove the filter without the big mess? There is so little room in the vicinity of the filter I can't imagine trying to hang something to guide the oil away from the engine.
  • btiptonbtipton Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 1999 transport which has leaked water through the roof by the overhead light by the rearview mirror. Has anyone else experienced this problem and have you had any feedback from your dealer or GM. My dealer is currently awaiting a response from GM as he has had 2 complaints about this problem.
  • sammytoosammytoo Member Posts: 1
    No water in my lap Sir. But my window doesn't leak. Have the rear view mirror replaced so you can see behind you. Maybe the water is coming in there.
  • monerbmonerb Member Posts: 1
    We have had a few problems with our nasty Pontiac. Power door failing while open (couldn't get it shut manually by myself), wobbly headlights, and driver's seatbelt breaking. That all happened before the first 500 miles on our '99 Montana.
    We haven't had any problems since (we have 2500 miles on it now), but it has got to be the most uncomfortable car I've ridden in. We took a four hour drive to pick up a puppy, and it was horrendously uncomfortable. We had problems with our daughter's booster seat, the seatbelt clips sit way too low for my husband to reach easily-VERY frustrating. The lumbar support is in the wrong place (isn't it supposed to be for your LOWER back?) and if you have wide shoulders, forget it. The front seatbacks are extremely narrow at the top. I tried to get comfortable the whole trip, failing miserably. If I was comfortable on my lower back, my upper back hurt and vice-versa. Car butt set in after an hour. My husband and I were squirming the whole way.
    All I can say is that the phrase "I hate this van..." was uttered many times.
    It's a good thing the puppy was worth it....
    as for any other family trips, I told my husband I would follow in our '99 Hyundai Sonata- an absolutely wonderful car.
  • mantis100mantis100 Member Posts: 2
    I have owned a 1990 Trans Sport for two years and absolutely HATE it and will trade it in tomorrow. It had 64K miles on it when I bought it and now has 84K. The door handles on the sliding door and passenger door have both failed and needed repair. The windshield washers, both front and rear, do not work. The distributor self-destructed. The front end has a thump in it when I go over bumps that two front-end shops have been unable to diagnose, including the Pontiac dealership. The radiator became totally plugged up. The water pump failed. The alternator failed. The exhaust system rotted out. Now one of the racks in the rack and pinion steering is leaking like a fishnet and will cost $500 to repair. Everything inside the car rattles like it is coming apart. The turn signal lever keeps coming off. Some of the seat belt buckles no longer work. The front seat belts no longer retract. The power seat switches are in such a stupid location that they have all been broken off. Other than all this, it STILL sucks.

I would NEVER advise someone to buy one of these. All of these issues are related to inferior engineering and quality control, areas a manufacturer is not inclined to change. I won't even LOOK at a new one tomorrow.
  • mantis100mantis100 Member Posts: 2
    In addition to the above post, the interior lights are wired wrong. Finally, going down a steep mountainous road, with 6 boy scouts in the van, the brakes overheated and TOTALLY failed, putting all of us at risk.

I think that about covers everything.
  • dusterduster Member Posts: 37
    I own a 98 TRANS SPORT MONTANA, I think it was made on a Friday at 4:30 p.m.(around Happy Hour). I have 15,000mi on it. The power door broke down, brakes are terrible and have been repaired many times. Headlights replaced,trim broken off, driver door sticks. GM quality at its best!
  • mse1mse1 Member Posts: 2
    Welcome to the club.
    I hope some GM execs read these postings, along with others (Toyota, Honda, even Hyundai Sonata) and compare them. They will see how much people love and appreciate (NOT) their GM products as opposed to others.
    They need to get their act together and start producing quality stuff, not to mention better looking vehicles. The 2000 Chevys are horrendous.
  • stephens5stephens5 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 1995 Trans Sport, and I am looking for any input.
  • pepinopepino Member Posts: 1
    Have a 96 Transport with 22,000 miles, needed to have gasket replaced on intake manifold, leak antifreeze. Very convenient, but a little top heavy. We like it, looking to purchase a new Montana.
  • jennsreit1jennsreit1 Member Posts: 1
    We are looking to buy a minivan this week and have narrowed it down to the 1999 Montana, Windstar and Grand Voyager Expresso. Any input? How reliable is Pontiac? Will it last me 10 years?
  • mse1mse1 Member Posts: 2
    It might last ten years, but if you read a lot of these entries, not without many assorted and varied problems.
    I regret my Montana purchase. Sounds like you want an American made van. Well, the MPV has a Ford engine....
  • daverosedaverose Member Posts: 233
    We just bought a 99 Oldsmobile Silhoutte regular wheelbase for $250 UNDER invoice, financing 100% with GM at 0% interest for 3 years; an interest savings of between $3 and 4 thousand. While we did not look at the Pontiac sister vehicle, the Montana, I like the cladding all around the bottom, which could help it last 10 years for you. We have 2,000 miles on Bubble, my wife's name for the vehicle, reminiscent of he mechanic grandfather's calling the line "Oldsmobubble." The acceleration is wonderful. Except for the poor locations of the cupholders, of the CD of our cassette/CD configuration, and the absence of a light under the hood, it's a nice vehicle. We've taken it on two trips. I understand the seat fabric and padding and suspension tuning are different between these GM sisters, but my wife and I liked it in the Chevy Venture we tested and, of course, on our vehicle.

We still own a 1987 Dodge Caravan (one of the Voyager's sister vehicles) 2.6 Mitsubishi 4-cylinder engine, regular length with just over 142,000 miles. We had to replace the airconditioning compressor, but have had no other major problems. My wife's brother's family is on their third Caravan (second Grand) since 1981, so they seem pleased with the line.

My wife could not comfortably fit behind the wheel of a 99 standard length Caravan which we were offered for $800 UNDER invoice. (A check with the Edmund's site at the time showed us that Chrysler was offering dealers something like a $700 to $900 icentive on their mininvans, which I seem to recall doesn't expire until September 30.) She could fit in a Grand Caravan and it was offered at the same $800 under invoice, but we don't need a vehicle that large and we didn't want to pay the additional.

We were very impressed by the features of the Windstar in an afternoon look and short test drive, but it was considerably more expensive than the others and only comes in the longer length. I've read other postings in the Town Hall that cite engine noise and engine failures in the Windstar.

I would not dismiss the complaints about any vehicle you see in the Town Hall, but we Americans do tend to complain loudly and vehemently and complement softly, when we complement at all. So factor that in your thinking.

In your quest (no double-meaning intended) just remember to offer low. Good luck.
  • tom3ktom3k Member Posts: 91
    With the possible exception of the Windstar, those vehicles might make it 10 years, but I wouldn't bet on it. Had been seriously looking at the Montana. Liked the acceleration and the seating configuation. Found a used '99 (yes, '99)Montana with all the right options (rear a/c, 8 passenger, even the right shade of red) below market at a credit union sale a couple of months ago. Were nearly ready to buy until we asked ourselves "will it last 10 years?" The immediate response was "probably not". We ordered a Honda Odyssey the next day.

Good luck on your search.
  • fishing4fishing4 Member Posts: 1
    We previously owned a 1995 Pontiac Transport and after 4 years and 54000 miles we traded it for a 99' Olds Silhouette. The Pontiac had only one Problem, the first 439 miles the Oxygen sensor went out but thats the only problem we had with it, Good Luck
  • jedgar1jedgar1 Member Posts: 1
    Wish I had more. Maybe I wish I had less. Can offer that a bought a used 96 Transport with 67,000. Rotors shot. Rear power hatch solenoid shot. Side power door does not respond occasionally. Is otherwise solid. I think so anyways. Any ideas why the side power door sometimes won't operate? Is it the solenoid here too?
  • mgdevaultmgdevault Member Posts: 1
    We live in an area where 4WD is a must on occasion. (In colorado on a BIG hill). How well does the traction-control option work? Should I stick with conventional 4WD vehicle??
  • papawpapaw Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 1998 TransPort. So far every thing seems OK. I have 6000 miles left on factory warranty. There is moisture in one headlight and the moulding around power sliding door is broke, hope the warranty will take care of this.

My wife loves to drive it. She said it drives better than our 88 Astro.
  • guitarzanguitarzan Member Posts: 873
    Mgdevault, sorry I don't know how well the traction control works. I can tell you, if you buy a new vehicle, you should equip it with a set of dedicated snow tires during the winter time. In your area of town, this already may be the consensus, I don't know.

guitarzan
    Community Leader/Vans Conference
  • greg79greg79 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for ideas for protecting the floor
    of my new minivan. The kids play soccer, ski and
    are often muddy.
    Email me at ucanski@aol.com or post here.
    Thanks.
  • codetalkercodetalker Member Posts: 11
    Check out WeatherTech floor and cargo area mats. I have them on my Sienna (for over a year) and have been extremely pleased. My kids have been in the van with muddy/slushy boots and the flooring still looks brand new.

I know there are several vendors for WeatherTechs. I got mine at www.macneilauto.com.

(I also emptied 4 cans of Scotchguard in the van the day after I got it )
  • papawpapaw Member Posts: 2
    You can also use throw rugs. A friend of mine used them in her jeep. She said they worked great. When they get dirty she put them in the washer/dryer and reinstalled. I plan to try them in my Pont. Transport I just brought. Hope this might help.