Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Montana

Comments

• dusterduster Member Posts: 37
    Has anyone gone to arbitration against GM, I have
    a 98 Trans Sport (Montana) with a lot of brake
    problems. I am using the BBB Autoline service
    in the back of the owners manual.
    Any feedback would greatly help.
  • guitarzanguitarzan Member Posts: 873
    Duster, since arbitration is a general vehicle issue, you might want to get more exposure by posting in the Smart Shopper conference. Check out the topic list, then create your own topic if you don't find one similar.

Here is one where you might get some helpful information:

Buying a Lemon

guitarzan
    Community Leader/Vans Conference
  • diehard268diehard268 Member Posts: 2
    looked at a 96 pontiac transport 40103 mi that has a 2ft. section of paint above the front wind shield missing down to bare metal used car manager thought a car wash caused the problem salesman thought the factory didn't prime it right before it was painted. also notice all 3 wipers have paint missing on 75% of the wiper arms also quite rusty on the front frame under vehicle he claims that normal anyone got answers help Diehard
  • ok2ok2 Member Posts: 3
    We bought the transport because of the powerful engine and excellent/flexable seating. But our experience has not been a good one. We just traded it in on a new 2000 MPV. The Pontiac had 96000 miles on it. Here is list of the things that I can remember going wrong with it. When it was new it had several little fit and finish problems and the brake rotors were warped. Under warranty the alternator went out (while on vacation), the air conditioning went out, and there was a clunking in the front end (This took several trips to dealer). Out of warranty, 2 more alternators (about $300 without labor, EGR valve (about $170 w/o labor), Oxy sensor ($50), rear exhaust manifold ($400 with labor), 2 sets of plug wires, 3 sets of plugs, a plastic coolant fitting that broke and caused the engine to overheat, front brake calipers (about $200 w/o labor), one door handle, 2 window latches, the drivers door pull came off (repaired myself with out parts), And also a transmission at 83,000 miles ($1500). These are just the things I can remember off the top of my head. I was a GM fan but no more. Liked GM because my 89 Chevy C1500 pickup with 146,000 miles on it has been very, very reliable. no major problems at all. Still on the original clutch. But I have no faith in GM making a good car outside of maybe a Cadillac.
  • gkarggkarg Member Posts: 230
    I was browsing the Insurance Institute's crash tests and was horrified when I saw the Transport's results! The Astro van was as bad, if not worse...GM has really got to put some serious effort into refining the structure of these vehicles! Even the Cadillac Seville did poorly!

http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_ratings/ce/vans/trans_sport.htm
  • jpwisemanjpwiseman Member Posts: 11
    After 3 Dodge Minivans since 1988 and 2 rebuilt transmissions, I've thrown away my Dodge Salesman's business card. No more! This past week I bought my wife an Extended '99 Montana program van that seems like it will really fit the bill for us.

I haven't given the dealer their money yet and glad it's that way. I discovered an oil leak, so it's at the shop today. It seems like I've heard of this complaint with similar GM vans but I can't remember if it's a problem that keeps recurring or not. Anyone have any oil leak horror stories? (hope not)
  • saloinepsaloinep Member Posts: 2
    After 3 Head Gaskets, 1 Radiator, and now 1 Transmission problems with our 95 Windstar, which only has 72K miles on it. I'm now thinking of buying a new van before I find any more problems with the Windstar. Has anyone had any good experiences with their 98 or 99 Vans? Please let me know! Thanks!
  • mastercraft5mastercraft5 Member Posts: 1
    We own a 1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette GLS, and we have the same oil leak problem! I took it in on Dec. 1 and they said that hte place that i get the oil changed spilled oil all over and that is what was leaking, I crawled under there and the oil isn't coming from the oil pan or plug rather maybe a bad gasket around the top of the oil pan?
    Does that sound familiar?
    Let me know what your dealer says!
  • dusterduster Member Posts: 37
    I bought a new Pontiac in March of 1998,
    The master cylinder was replaced at 2,900 miles.
    I had lots of brake problems with the van. I finally gave up after 11 tries to fix it and
    with 18,000 miles on it I went to arbitration
    and won GM bought my van back. I bought a 1999
    Nissan Pathfinder used, and am very happy with it.
    I had a terrible experience with GM, they don't
    care if you can stop the van or not. The service
    manager said everything was fine. However, an independent expert hired by the BBB found otherwise. I hope GM gets there act together one day but today is not the day.

I hope all of you have better luck than I did.
    Stay away from the GM trio if possible.
  • maximamaxima Member Posts: 19
    when my family leased a 1996 pontiac trans sport it had a oil leak the first day we brought it home and it stayed in teh shop for 2 days and we got a caliver coupe for the 2 days which totally sucks
  • bjwallerbjwaller Member Posts: 1
    we bought a 1996 transport on 9/11/99 with 52178 mi on it we have two months and 6000 mi and the motor blew.Chev dealer said no motors to be found. we are on a waiting list of 2000 motors we startrd at 25 motors.what wrong with this picture.I THINK GM NEED TO GET OFF THERE [non-permissible content removed] AND DO THERE JOB RIGHT>

MAD AS HELL.
  • insc007insc007 Member Posts: 3
    i have just acquired a 1990 trans sport se from a family member. it has 162k but runs very well and rides smoothly...just one problem...
    the engine idles rough when you first start it. if you let it run for 30-60 seconds, it smooths-out and runs beautifully. It does not seem to matter if it is 15 or 95 degrees outside and it happens every time you start the engine. cold or at running temp. would the oxygen sensor be causing this??? any other ideas.
    the compression is good on all 6 cyls and there are no apparent vacuum leaks.
    any input would be greatly appreciated
  • mobilmacmobilmac Member Posts: 60
    insc007,check ISC motor-(idle speed control motor)
    it may not be extending and retracting properly, with that much mileage, check for carbon buildup in the isc passage. Also have the coolant sensor checked, and if equiped, check MAT SENSOR, (manifold air temperature sensor), if you feel confident enough to do it yourself, just replace those 3 items, the oxygen sensor most likely is not the problem with the initial 2 minutes of running , but keep in mind its a good rule to replace oxygen sensor no less than every 60k miles, for the best gas mileage and efficiency, I hope this helps, E-mail me if you need more input
  • dannoel1dannoel1 Member Posts: 1
    I am wondering if anyone has heard of a recall on the windshield wipers of the Pontiac Transport?

I have had a problem with the wipers quitting during 2 different rain storms. They just stop in the middle of their cycle.

Has any body else had this problem also?
  • montanafanmontanafan Member Posts: 945
    Since it was suppose to be the same system that the Aztek/Rendevous uses (and I have not heard of a problem with ordering them), and it is featured in the 2002 brochure, I'm just guessing it is a delay.
  • texasbrotexasbro Member Posts: 1
    Heard all of the complaints, but also so saw
    "a couple" of good ones for the Trans Sport.
    I found an absolutely gorgeous '94 Trans (V6 3.8 eng) that is dark green with gold 2-tone. Rides like new from what I can tell and very clean inside and out.
    Would seat the whole family nice for $9388.00
    or should I buy that '94 Trooper (partial to Isuzu's) for 8K already?
  • ernvanernvan Member Posts: 1
    Dannoel1, I had problems with my 91 Transport wipers quitting. I check the motor (it was ok) and the switch (seemed ok). The problem was the motor was not properly grounded to its hood support even though the motor mounting bolts were tight. I fixed the problem by running a wire with electrical spade terminals on both ends from the wiper motor body (slipped between one of the bolts and slipped the terminal in) to a ground strap mounting location near the hood light. The ground straps are flat, braided wires used for grounding electrical components, especially important for composite car bodies (91 Transport were composite). E-mail: jcad_e@hotmail.com

Ernie
  • carolynclcarolyncl Member Posts: 1
    I've taken a really quick look at the previous posts in this category... and I thought I should add my 2 cents worth.

I really love our 1998 Montana van. We bought it over two years ago in January 1998. It presently has 60,000 kms on it (about 40,000 miles). It takes me to and from work every day (mostly moderately busy highway driving)and has done a number of 4-5 hour out of town trips. Even at two years old it is still a really nice looking van - some people even mistake it for a new van (surprising considering the mileage!)

It is fully loaded with just about every option that was available at the time (with the exception of the child seats - we have the 4 captain chairs configuration).

I find it to be very comfortable and easy to drive . It is my very first van, and I found the adjustment to it to be quite easy. It drives well in any weather condition (rain, snow).

We've experienced no serious problems with it - so far everything that has been done has been normal maintenance. The only real problem with it is the power door - it is overly sensative. It will sometimes (maybe 15% of the time) refuse to shut even though nothing is blocking the door; 95% of the time it will then shut on the second attempt. Very rarely it has to be "manually convinced" to shut (by me holding onto the door and refusing to let it reopen!). Of course, it never exhibits this "bad behavior" when we take it in for maintenance :-)

We've also had an excellent experience with the dealer who is looking after the regular maintenance (City Pontiac in Toronto, Ontario). They treat us so well, and have always gone out of their way to make sure that we were satisfied with our vehicle. This is such a huge contrast with the Dodge dealership that serviced our previous vehicle.

In short, I would highly recommend this van!
  • torontogaltorontogal Member Posts: 1
    Glad to hear that you're so happy with the van!
    We just ordered a new Montana last month, and
    we're in Toronto as well... didn't get it at City
    though, bought it at Marvin Starr... it was great to hear that you find City to be good for service,
    just in case we run into problems later, with
    Starr...
    I was happy to hear that driving it as a new van owner was easy, too; this is our first time as well, and I'm used to a small cavalier wagon, I have been a little concerned about the transition!

Keep us posted, now that you're almost POST warranty, about how the van does, K?
    I'm really not sure whether or not we'll purchase the extended warranty, but since we'll probably keep this van, for about 10 years, (Hopefully!) I think it would be wise...
    so many expensive repairs to these things now! IE:
    ABS brakes.

Great info, glad I caught your letter!
  • blackcurrantblackcurrant Member Posts: 152
    When i brought my van in for an oil change the mechanic (?) said these are a pain for them to change the oil filter cause you gotta turn it upside down ( while it's full of oil) to screw it in. So, lots of oil spills on the suspension rail and drips for a while.

Make sure that's NOT the cause for the (leak)!
  • sharynt1sharynt1 Member Posts: 9
    I own a '97 Trans Sport and it also has that renowned oil leak problem. I read some posts a while back about how to remedy this and now I can't locate them. I take the van in Tuesday to the dealer. Can anyone please e-mail me ASAP to let me know where the mechanic needs to focus? My address is: tishpit@peganet.com. Otherwise, the only other problems I've had are minor: rear view mirror (interior glass) fell out (!) and the brakes squeal (typical GM). I love the mileage (23 - 24 mpg mostly stop-n-go), Chrysler vans ride smoother, but the Pontiac out performs them and out handles them IMO. Love the versatility and appearance and toys. Also very happy with the dealership and great salesman! Highly recommend Marlow-Werner Pontiac in Punta Gorda, FL and ask for Art Devlin. He doesn't jerk you around and that's important, especially to a woman who hates to haggle. I got the extended GM warranty and glad I did. I think it's a good investment and can pay for itself in one major repair. Doesn't have the spit and polish of Japanese vehicles (although I once bought a new Honda that turned out to be one big lemon), but I'm hoping it will last 100,000+ miles.
  • sharynt1sharynt1 Member Posts: 9
    Also, I want to address the Lemon Law and arbitration issue. I just went through it with a Chevy Metro I purchased. It had brake problems from early on and after 5 attempts to repair, it was no better. The GM rep. was WONDERFUL. She was very sympathetic and cooperative. The villain was the lousy service dept. manager at the dealership. After going through the BBB arbitration, I was awarded a "buy back" and GM was great to deal with in this regards. No hassle. Very nice and prompt. I bought another GM product (the Metro was actually a Suzuki) and am writing a letter of recommendation for the rep. who handled my case so professionally. In retrospect, I once had a Ford Bronco II that had steering problems. Ford was just AWEFUL to deal with and I ended up trading the lemon in when I got no satisfaction from Ford and felt unsafe driving it. That turned me against Ford products.
  • mikek2mikek2 Member Posts: 5
    After reading many posts in this conference and consulting many used car books it seems that if you are going to buy a used van the Lumina APV/Transport is a good buy especially with the 3.4 litre engine. (other than hard to find Toyota or Honda vans) So I am the proud owner of a 1996 Lumina APV. I took it on a 1400 km road trip immediately after picking it up. (I got a tuneup and complete new front brakes - badly warped rotors) as part of the deal. It handled perfectly and so far am very happy with it.
  • blueseatblueseat Member Posts: 8
    I have a 92 transport since new and 8 years later it now has a new transmission, radiator, alternator, water pump, belts, battery, driver seat belt, shocks/struts and 4 new tires, rotors turned again at 84,000 miles. 3.8 still performs fine and returns over 20 mpg.
    With what I have invested and what this vehicle is worth, I will be keeping it until 160,000 miles now...
  • to_wagon_ownerto_wagon_owner Member Posts: 2
    Hi;
    Another owner here. I had the oily leak and $800 later its fixed. Lower intake manifold. Lots of gaskets got changed.

On going problem. The van loses power when driving along. (not when flying over 100 km/hr). It kind of hesitates, bogs etc, never dies. One earlier posting mentioned the oxygen sensor.

Any suggestions
    thanks
  • abracadabraabracadabra Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 1997 Pontiac Trans Sport Montana edition. It is a beautiful van and I have no complaints. I have a question for fellow Montana owners who have the Traction Control System option. The vehicle manual reads that if you turn off the Traction Control System (TCS) using the on/off switch located on the center console, then the TCS warning light should come on (located to the right of the speedometer on the display panel)To advise that the TCS is disengaged. I took it to the dealership because this was not occurring and they advised that the manual is wrong, and that the TCS warning light will only come on if there is a problem with the TCS. Can anyone out there advise who is correct? Thanks in advance.
  • ewlewl Member Posts: 2
    I have a '92 Trans Sport SE, which I dearly adore. (Forget the styling jokes- I prefer to think of it as a mini van with an attitude). Nevertheless, it may be time for something new. After some cursory investigation, I'm considering a Montana; my sister is trying to persuade me to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've driven hers on a long trip, which was fine- and it is cute. However, it doesn't have nearly the storage capacity my Trans Sport does; nor does it seem to get quite the gas mileage of my Trans Sport. Further, my sister claims the Crash Test Dummies don't do too well in the Montana, although I can find no evidence of that. I suppose my question is: Am I going in the right direction exploring the purchase of a Montana?
  • todobomtodobom Member Posts: 4
    Unless it's changed between the 97' and 00' model years, the TCS light should be ON when you turn the switch on the console OFF. Further, the 00' owners manual says you should turn the TCS switch off if you get stuck in sand, snow, etc. Apparently it's not like a 4 wheel drive switch found in modern SUV's. My dealer recommended leaving TCS on all the time which makes me wonder "why even have the switch?" It sounds like the light bulb in you dash is burned out or maybe, if you're experiencing other related lighting problems, it may be a burned out fuse.
  • todobomtodobom Member Posts: 4
    My wife and I just bought a '00 Montana and think it's great. Lots of room, handles well, and 22 MPG. I'd definitely recommend it. As for the Cherokee, I owned a '92 (not the larger body, but a Jeep nonetheless) and found it drove like a tank. I couldn't WAIT to get rid of it.
    There was a post in the 2000 Montana forum about a month ago that dealt with the crash issue. In the Gvn't. frontal tests it didn't perform well, much better with side impacts. It pretty much depends on which report you choose to believe, for me, I value owner testimonials and from what I researched, it appears to hold up well in the real world.

By the way, friends of ours have a '98 and love it too!
  • ewlewl Member Posts: 2
    Many thanks for the encouraging words. As you suggested, I checked prior postings regarding crash tests, and found but one expressing the same concern as my sister's. Not good. Although I am from Central Louisiana, increasingly I find myself driving among lunatics, in death traps like Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Pity the Jeep is not, in fact, a tank, rather than just handling like one. My husband is about resigned to driving our "dust busters" (we have two-'92 and '95) until they literally fall out from under us. By then, we may all be forced to drive electric tinker toys, sadly rendering all of this irrelevant.
  • willie340willie340 Member Posts: 59
    I OWN A 1998 MONTANA. AT ABOUT 40,000KM I BROUGHT IT BACK TO THE DEALER BECAUSE OF A MARBLE SOUND FROM THE ENGINE IN THE MORNINGS.I WAS TOLD THAT THERE WAS A RECALL ONLY DIRECTED TO THE DEALER FOR THIS PROBLEM. THEY REPLACED THE PISTONS AND CONNECTING RODS DUE TO THE CLEARANCE BETWEEN THE PIN HOLDING THE CONNECTING ROD TO THE PISTON THUS CAUSING THE BOTTOM OF THE PISTONS TO HIT THE CYLINDER WALLS. IT WOULD ONLY BE CHANGED IF THE CUSTOMER COMPLAINED ABOUT THAT PARTICULAR NOISE. THIS IS THE 3.4V6...HOW DO YOU LIKE THE CRASH TEST RESULTS OF THIS VAN!!!SCARY EH..
  • dgipson1dgipson1 Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased a '00 Montana. Went from a Ford Taurus to the minivan. We love the styling and handling of this vehicle. It has great pickup, manuverability etc. But in the last 2-3 weeks we have noticed a kind of "pulsing" in the steering wheel. It happens going straight, or in a gentle curve. It also sometimes shimmys when pulling out and turning at the same time. Of course the dealer service people can not feel it or "reproduce" this. Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?? I do not remember feeling this on the test drive. Or even when we brought it home for that matter. Thanx
  • 38413841 Member Posts: 4
    I test drove a Pont Mt. and it had a vibration problem.Also Ford Windstar, and some pickups will vibrate. Do not listen to your dealer, I think they are trained to be dumb.Some treat you like you know nothing.
  • carmescarmes Member Posts: 1
    I own a 90 TranSport. Bought it new in 1990. I currently have 255,000 miles on it and it still looks new. I had a problem with the dashboard curling at the edges. I observed this with others in my area. Dealer said there was nothing they could do. Threatened them with class action suit and they fixed it for free. I cited defective materials used in manufacture. These, and all GM's with 3.1-V6, had oil leak problems at the drivers side of the engine. Dealers charge exhorbitant fees to replace intake and valve cover gaskets. I found that 75% of the time the problem is only the "O" ring gasket that seals the distributor shaft. It cost about 75 cents. I must credit the long life of my van to the use of synthetic motor oils. Specifically Castrol Syntec.
    I have the 3spd. tranny and only got 18-20 mpg when new. With synthetic oils I not only have improved my engine and tranny life but have increased my mpg to 24-27. I wonder what it would be like with overdrive?
  • mroy1mroy1 Member Posts: 2
    For the most part I really like my 98 TransSport Montana. But now the power steering stops being power when it rains. It goes out for about 10 seconds and then returns. I can barely turn the car without the power assist and drive scared when it rains! The dealer says it is the serpentine belt slipping and that there is nothing they can do. (have 24,000 miles on car) This just started recently. Does anyone else have this problem? The dealer says they are seeing a lot of this in the front wheel drive cars.
  • mroy1mroy1 Member Posts: 2
    When I first purchased my 98 TransSport Montana, I also experienced a pulsating in the tires-- it was kind of like driving on new cold snow tires. After about 8000 miles I finally got it aligned, thrust alignment, and the ride smoothed out considerably. The car wasn't pulling or otherwise indicating the need for alignment.
  • bomeliabomelia Member Posts: 2
    I have a 97 Windstar and it too oscillates. In a long sweeping curve or even while stopped with the wheels turned. My 93 Taurus also did this.
  • tracehorse1tracehorse1 Member Posts: 1
    June 11, 00 my van- a 1993 Pontiac Transport caught on fire, it's a mystery how it started. We were driving on the freeway, pulled off for gas, a car pulled up along side us and said we were on fire. We had 6 people in the van and we all got out to safety. To make a long story short, the fire dept. was dispatched and put the fire out. The Van was destroyed and we lost all the contents. We are experiencing a tremendous loss because our insurance co. (Safeco) is not paying 1/2 of the value of the van and contents. I'm wondering if anyone else out there knows of a class action suit against GM because their van has caught on fire. I found out (after the fire) that there is a recall on the van because the transmission will catch on fire when there is a full load. If anyone has had a similar experience please contact me at tracehorse@hotmail.com. Terry.
  • loncmloncm Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase a mini van and need info/feedback. First dealer has 1998 Pontiac Montana, loaded (incl. leather seats, cd, theft sys), 24k miles, $18,500. Second dealer has 1999 Ford Windstar LX, (tint glass, rear ac/heat, 24k miles, $16,300. I like the Montana's seating. I like the Windstar's safety rating. I think both are priced well for the features (correct me if I'm wrong). Anything pro/con you want to point out to me about either vehicle will help me make a decision. Thanks in advance...
  • hengheng Member Posts: 411
    Just drove a Montana rental last week. Some observations: The upper sliding door track was inside the passenger compartment! There were numerous toggle switches on the front console and overhead. All but a few were dummies (cheap looking). The radio too looked so cheap. The rear AC was just the vents in the cieling. Windstar has a few added at mid level.
  • rpritchardrpritchard Member Posts: 1
    We have a six month old Montana 2000 with only 2000 miles on it that has starting problems. Sometimes it will. Sometimes it won't. It has now been at the dealer's for almost 2 weeks and they don't seem to have a clue. Suggestions have ranged from the fuel pump (no) to the cam sensor. Desperately need suggestions. They claim they've never seen this problem before and are giving us the run around.
  • petercarter2petercarter2 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone help me with a (probably)obscure but awkward problem I'm having with my 1994 Trans Sport. It may in fact be simple but the van and I are in England so advice and experienced mechanics are in short supply!

The hood release cable has snapped where the cable attaches to the plastic handle under the steering wheel. I'm left with cable sticking out but even with pliers I can't pull the cable enough to release the hood lock. I can't believe I'm the only Trans Sport owner who has had this problem but I have no idea how else to open the hood. Any ideas anyone?

Just to lwt anyone who's interested know, the Trans Sport isn't ideal for England - the nose and turning circle need American-style space - but I still enjoy it and want to keep it a while yet.
  • tauberjtauberj Member Posts: 61
    Peter,

Don't know how to open the hood with a broken cable, but sugget you go to a Vauxhall dealer. They sell the Chey Venture short wheel base van under the Vauxhall name in the U.K. Perhaps they can help and you can get a replacement cable.
  • jpwisemanjpwiseman Member Posts: 11
    We bought our '99 Montana extended van last December., It was a program van with 24k miles. I wanted to make sure it had some warranty left on it. Glad I did. I had many small things taken care of but the biggest thing was the hidden recall for the piston slap (mentioned also in posting #349). With about 100 miles left on the original 36k mile warranty they replaced a significant part of the wear parts of the engine. All I did was mention a ticking noise when it was cold and boom, they said they'd do the recall - no argument at all.

We are very happy with the van. We need a minivan and I gave Chrysler 3 tries but they screwed me twice with transmission problems so they're rid of me for good.
  • farallifaralli Member Posts: 1
    I own a 1999 Montana with about 16k miles on it.
    So far we have had only a few items that we
    have had to bring it back to the dealer for. One
    was a problem with the CD player, a hanging emergency brake cable, and a check engine lite that went on caused by a bent wire. We have been
    very happy so far with the vehicle.

However, I have been hearing a rapping sound,
    sort of a lifter tap, coming from the engine for
    some time now. I have mentioned it to the dealer
    and he said it was normal. Is there something more
    to this sound than the dealer let on ? One post
    mentioned a piston-slap that he had corrected before the 36k warranty expired. Does anyone
    know anything about this ? Is this a "secret recall" item ? Thanks.
  • rickslickrickslick Member Posts: 27
    Just purchased a used 2000 from our local dealership. It has 10k miles on it. We previously owned a 97 Transport but we got the Montana package this time. Wife is loving it. I was trying to get her to get the 01 Acura MDX which will also be able to accomodate 7 people. The kids really appreciate the all the extra features such as the tv and the head phone plugins. Maybe it's just me but this van seems to be quieter and better built than my 97. I'm still
    adding the Acura MDX to our garage next month though.
  • paulnortonpaulnorton Member Posts: 5
    Hello Peter,
    I’m in the UK and considering a TransSport and would like to talk to someone who has one. Please e-mail me at pontiac@norton.org.uk

All the best. Paul.
  • edwrightedwright Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a used 1997 Trans Sport with 60,000 km on it from a GM dealer. I really like the van. However, the headlamps have moisture in them and the dealer refused to replace them as part of the deal. I am wondering if any of you might have a method to clean them out without doing a replacement. I understand that new ones are expensive. For example, could I pull out the bulbs and wipe up the water inside with a small rag? Or maybe drill a small hole in the bottom of the lens to let the water drain? Please let me know if you have a suggestion. Thanks.

Ed Wright
    Winnipeg, CANADA
  • aschwartz3aschwartz3 Member Posts: 1
    My husband and I are looking at purchasing a '97
    Trans Sport SE with 47,547 miles and fully loaded, however we are new to the whole minivan
    world. If anyone out there can give us some feedback or experiences that they've had good, bad, indifferent, we would really appreciate it!
    Thanks Amanda. Our Email address is Mvsafsmjs@aol.com.
  • SAhladasSAhladas Member Posts: 35
    I had the same problem. There is a TSB on 'ventelating' (sp) the housings. Dealer did same and the problem is now gone.