Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo V70 Wagon Experience

Comments

• kingscreekkingscreek Member Posts: 37
    You really need to take a look at the third row seat in the Volvo. Test drive with your children. As you read the Kjoo statement note that the ML is used for trips. It is up to the individual of course, but I think the third seat is mainly a convenience seat and would be uncomfortable for anything but short distances.
  • pk14pk14 Member Posts: 4
    Have to agree with #152 post. I have a 2001 V70T5 with the 3rd seat, and 4 little kids. I also have a Suburban. I use the Volvo to haul the family around town only (45 min trips or less to destination)- the older kids (4 and 3) love the 3rd seat for the view it provides - have yet to hear them complain, and with 3 point seat belts and proper head rest, I have little concern for their safety. It is tough getting infant seats, (rear facing) into the middle seat with the driver seat adjusted for a 6' driver.
  • phlee70phlee70 Member Posts: 9
    Dealer around Chicago area MSRP $40100 - has Sunroof, Intro package, Touring Package, Metallic paint. Please let me know what price I should expect? thanks.
  • kjookjoo Member Posts: 27
    Me and my wife only had the three when we went looking. We picked it up in the 3 and had twins on the 8th. The ML was my wifes but now I drive it. She only works 2 miles away and it good with the kids. If I had to do it again I would have waited for the REAL Volvo suv to have come out. Thats is high we got our for 36500 but i know the dealer.
  • matt91matt91 Member Posts: 1
    My wife is considering a V70 2.4 A with automatic and leather; to be picked up in Sweden. We have no children and are senior citizens. She has driven one, likes it and has also driven a 2.4 T. She isn't interested in fast starts or anything like that. What she is interested in is reliability.

Does anyone have any thoughts or comments, either about the car or pickup in Sweden?
  • losthat1losthat1 Member Posts: 93
    I believe if you check these boards, as well as Consumer Reports and other magazines you will find that newer Volvos are not known for great reliability. I have owned four. All four have always started up and driven without problems. The problems seem to be in the electrical system and other non-drive areas. I love the ride and drive of Volvo, but not the irritation of bringing the car to the dealership for expensive repairs.Luckily we work with a good dealership and they have tried to be as helpful as possible. Will I replace my current Volvo with another? Sadly, I will consider looking at other car companies, especially now that Ford owns Volvo. I suggest you look over all the boards for various vehicles on Edmunds to get a good overview...also check MSN Carpoint. Good Luck.

P.S.-I'd go to Sweden in a heartbeat just to go! (Friends have bought two Volvos that way and it worked out well for them both times.)
  • lancerfixerlancerfixer Member Posts: 1,284
    This is by no means an endorsement for Ford, but remember-- when they took over Jaguar, quality shot up. Maybe they'll have a stabilizing influence on Volvo as well. Of course, Jag quality was what could charitably be described as "in the toilet", as opposed to Volvo's "average" reliability.
  • sjanessjanes Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering replacing my Subaru Legacy with a 2000 V70 WAD I that is at the local Volvo dealer. Originally, I was looking at the 2001 XC, but I like the better handling of the R. Problem is that when I drove it, there was a creaking noise in the front during acceleration and braking. Nothing under cornering. The car only has 24000kms, so it's fairly new, and the dealer says it would be fixed before I picked up the car, but is this the kind of quality I can expect from a Volvo? Has anyone else had this? Some posts here don't give me a good feeling about the quality of this rather expensive car. Is the 2001 any better?
    I would purchase the 2.4T. I think it is a great car. The seats are wonderful, the driving experience is wonderful and the mpg is wonderful.
    While I am not denying that a few of these cars have experienced some aggravations, they are almost always minor and easy to take care of.

Volvo is a very responsible company and tries very hard to be environmentally conscientious, which I greatly admire. If you are going to Sweden to pick up the car, you might want to consider ordering the navigation system. It will become much more invaluable to you than you could imagine.

I truly don't feel you will ever regret purchasing the 2001 wagon.
  • billo6billo6 Member Posts: 3
    With only 16k on my '98 cross country I note significant tread wear. I've noticed postings in the past about tires other folks have had luck with as a replacement for the factory installed. Anyone have any comments.
  • alwaysedalwaysed Member Posts: 55
    Ask the dealer for warranty help on those tires. Last month, when I was talking to my dealer's service kept. manager, he mentioned in passing, "the junk Michelin tires on some '97-'98 models". His comment was in a context in which Volvo was unaware of the quality issues until they got an avalanche of customer complaints.

My '98 V70 AWD R had Michelin Pilots and they lasted 40m of hard driving, so I had no complaint.
    Thanks for your comments. I'll see what the dealer has to say. In the meantime any other suggestions for good all season tires for my XC would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    I am contemplating buying my 98 XC at lease end. Has anyone had any luck negotiating the residual value at lease end with volvo north america ?
  • bigdaddy20bigdaddy20 Member Posts: 1
    I visited a dealer in Maryland yesterday who has a loaded T5 (everything but the subwoofer). It's been used as the dealership's loaner this year and has 6,500 miles on the Odo. He's asking 39.9K for it. The Edmunds TMV on a new sim. equipped is 42K. Is this a good value? I've driven it right after a new A6 Avant and I really like the T5. Just wondering if he's giving me a proper depreciation number for the miles and probable hard use of this loaner car. Thanks!
    Do any of you have the navigation system or have you had any experience with the Volvo navigation system?
    The first thing I did, after a similiar offer, was to ask when the car was delivered to the dealer. The response was 9 months. I declined the offer because of the length of time and, it appears,cars delivered before Aug. 2000 had more problems than the more recent deliveries. That car had 7800 miles on it, an MSRP of $39.7m, and they were asking $36.0. I live in St. Louis so I can't judge the market in Maryland, but, I would counter offer with another 5%-7% off their price.

I got the impression from 2 dealers around here that the XC is selling well, but the T5 is below expectations. I finally bought a new T5 2 months ago-very happy with it.
  • arieckarieck Member Posts: 1
    What are the most important considerations on purchasing a used 2000 V70 XC from a private seller? What's the cost associated with purchasing a certified per-owned warranty if not buying from a dealer? Any thoughts on the vehicle itself would be greatly appreciated...
  • minamipminamip Member Posts: 6
    Hello all,

Anyone have problems with the alarm going off for no reason? I don't believe that I'm hitting the panic button or anything but in the past two days the alarm has gone off 4 times.

Maybe the panic button is too sensitive on the remote?

Thanks,

-Phil
  • edmundowilsonedmundowilson Member Posts: 8
    I've had lots of little electric problems with my 1998 V70. The bulb on the dashboard light went out at 12,000, the light on the automatic transmission shifter went out at 30,000 and the battery died at 32,000. Also, I've had the replace the headlight bulbs twice. I've also had to replace the leather inserts on all the doors because the leather came loose. Warranty covered everything but the battery, and that was prorated so I only had to pay about $200. Full battery replacement is $500. I spite of all the problems, the customer service has been good, although I've spent far more time at the dealer than I'd like. On the plus side, I take my Volvo in only at 10k intervals and I had 40k mile free scheduled maintenance thrown in when I bought the car. The only scheduled maintenance I had to pay for was at 50k, but that was about $300.
  • lancerfixerlancerfixer Member Posts: 1,284
    Huh?
  • cjfairmancjfairman Member Posts: 11
    I have a 1997 Volvo 850 GLT Wagon. We truly enjoy this car with a dog and one year old. Ever since the warranty was up at 50K, I firmly believe that a time bomb has went off in this car. Here is a short list of repairs in the past 6 months. Catalytic converter $1065. Air Bag sensor $400. Ventilation blower motor $400. ABS sensor $400. Rear brakes $200. Engine cooling temp sensor $175. Complete transmission $2300. This is the major list and I've rounded some prices off to the nearest $100. In any case it is insane. We have absolutely babied this vehicle, including every singe 5k maintenance performed on the dot. The car has been 100% serviced at the dealer. It is not raced. It doesn't tow. We don't live in the mountains. We do absolutely nothing to warrant this type of failure of every major component. At last count the car has been serviced 21 times in the last 6 months. Every time the chech engine light comes on (bi-weekly) it costs $75 to diagnose. (approximately 2 minutes with a hand held device) I've written letters to Volvo of North America in NJ. and have spent way too much time on the phone. Is there any type of consumer protection agency or any form of lemon law type of thing that could help us out. I've never had such a terrible car. The funny thing is, we love the size, the ride, the acceleration etc, but the only thing that hasn't been repaired is the radio. Any help is greatly appreciated. You may email me directly at fairman44@aol.com. I will gladly call anyone back to discus my options. Please help. Thank you all in advance. I've gain quite a bit from this board in the past.
    Chris Fairman
  • mmmm3mmmm3 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to get a standard 2" trailer hitch installed on a 2001 V70? What I've heard is that it's a custom job requiring about $1,000 worth of work? Thanks,
    Hi Chris,
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but it sounds like the same story I had with my l996 850 Turbo wagon. I kept it to 80,000 miles and finally said a tearful good bye to it. Even the service manager was sympathetic, but it just had one problem after another from about 60,000 on. The transmission was fine, but everything else seemed to go including the climate control/AC twice. Electricals were the biggest problem. It never let me down as far as starting and getting me somewhere, but in the end the aggrevation and cost of constant repairs wore me down. I hope this is not too discouraging, but I only wanted to let you know my experience. Sorry.
    Dear Lost,
    I've had a couple of e-mails and all with very similar experiences. I've had a couple of posts on the 850/v70 board also (check them out). It is discouraging yes. All the emails have said, that they have had similar experiences and none have said hang in there it's a great car. I wished I would have cut my losses earlier. I feel like I've invested so much that I can't afford to just trade the car in now. I keep thinking and crossing my fingers that each repair is the last one for the next 50k miles, but each and everytime that dreaded check engine light comes on. Sometimes it is on before I even get out of the dealer's lot. When you threw in the towel what did you go to? Any wagons out there that are comperable, without getting into the $40k range. This was the first "luxury" car we've been able to afford. I don't want to do it again. I've had much better luck with all of the crappy cars I grew up with hand-me downs and 4 cyliner economy cars that all went for more than 100k with little more than oil changes in the service records. Subaru, Mazda, Cavalier, Mercury tracer, Honda civic. They all performed exceptionally. But this Volvo has been my personal nightmare. Thanx for the sympathy anyway. Volvo says Drive safely. I say Drive, just plain old Drive...Please Drive... Please start today. Please run.
    Hi Chris,
    You will probably be real surprised when I tell you what I went with. I was really ready for a big change--away from luxury and into an SUV. I travel alot and found trying to see over all the trucks and SUVs out there was quite difficult. I had seen a Consumer Reports SUV magazine that mentioned the Hyundai Santa Fe and the 10yr./100,000 mile warranty. After looking at the Mercedes SUV and the Lexus RX300 I went, with great hesitation, to the Hyundai dealer. Surprise! I really "fell for" the Santa Fe LX with AWD,ABS and TRACS. Price--$22,616 with everything including leather heated seats. I do miss the power seats, but other than that I am very, very pleased. I found the dealer wonderful to work with and I don't regret my decision 5,000 miles later. Will it be reliable...it could not be any worse than the Volvo.
    I know exactly what you are talking about when you say the Check Engine light comes on after leaving the dealer. Check over at the Hyundai Owners Club or the Hyundai Santa Fe board under SUVs and 99% of the posts are positive. The biggest problem now seems to be a real shortage.
    To be perfectly honest, we still have a VolVO XC--1999 and I'm starting to get nervous about that one too! Again, it's the little things in the electrical system that are starting to go, but who knows what will go next.
    Did I compromise on safety? Perhaps. That is my one hesitation on the Santa Fe as there are no safety tests done here. Reports from Korea have been very good. Not driving a "rocket" perhaps makes me a better driver, and my visibility is vastly improved. I'm sure that counts for something.
    Please let us know what you decide to do.
  • dforrdforr Member Posts: 54
    Sounds like an overvoltage condition or electrical power spikes are killing anything and everything that is attached to the electrical system. This could occur as a result of one or two bad electrical control components, such as the alternator ro regulator, which may not appear as bad devices under the normal computer diagnostics. It may be that once the device heats up it starts acting odd, which would not be analyzed in a standard sitting still in the garage diagnostic test. All of the symptoms are being fixed, not the cause, and it's not just age-related. This used to happen in my VW's too, just didn't have computers back then to rely on, so we replaced an occasional regulator, and the problems disappeared too. Anyway, maybe an area to pursue. Otherwise, get smart and get rid of the car when your instinct says its time to go.
  • multithreadedmultithreaded Member Posts: 5
    Most if not all posts slamming the V70 appear to directed to the pre-2001 model. Can anyone provide their experiences with the 2001 V70's reliability after 10K or 20K miles? Has Volvo gotten its act together?
  • pk14pk14 Member Posts: 4
    I'm at 16,200 miles on a 2001 V70 T5 - minor gripes (mostly quality control), all handled at the dealership professionally and under warrenty. Check out comments in Volvo V70 T5 topic (15,000 mile observations) for more in-depth comments. Short answer: so far, so good. I really like the features and packaging for the price I paid. I will wait until ~45,000 mile mark to decide on an extended warrenty. It may be helpful to look at the Sedan topic under the S80 comments for some basic platform issues. The '01 V70 HPT motor in the T5 has been around for a while, the Geartronic tranny in the S80 for a year before the V70 intro, and many of the interior pieces are evolutionary from the S80 experiences - hopefully, Volvo has taken notes to improve as they go. From an engineering perspective, they have done a nice job with much of the car.
    Please let me know how it works out. I've heard nothing but good things on the Sante fe. I'm curious. I'm certainly passionate about getting this Volvo up to snuff. I've recently added a new thermostat to my list. $280 and 5 visits to dealer this past two weeks. Feel free to email me directly . thanx
  • uglieruglier Member Posts: 1
    We've had our non turbo V70 5000 miles. Only reliability issue so far is the rear window washer popped apart, took 6 weeks and 3 visits to get fixed. Other comments on the car:
    1. The rear window design is horrible, when there's snow on the road the window needs to be cleaned every 5-10 seconds. This was quite a pain without the washer for 6 weeks. Obviously no thought was given to the aerodynamics of this area. Our similar (but roomier) Peugeot 505 wagon almost doesn't need a rear wiper, just rain and snow from the sky hits the window.
    2. The door shape is very susceptible to dings both on the door edge and from other cars. If the door is swung open against a garage wall (kids) the metal edge hits, not the rubber bumper. I don't know why they bother with the rub strip.
    3. The cargo cover is useless if you buy the third seat, I don't see why these can't be integrated.
    4. The non turbo engine is plenty adequate, the auto has to downshift frequently but does it very smoothly.
    5. Excellent mileage and comfort, getting 24 mpg highway at 75mph which is excellent for midwinter.
    6. Seats uncomfortable for me after a half hour, but I know how subjective opinions of seats are.
    7. For those who don't know it 4WD is a complete waste unless you live where roads never get plowed. Save your money and buy a set of good mounted snow tires for $500 and you can not only go but steer and stop too.
  • multithreadedmultithreaded Member Posts: 5
    pk14 and uglier,

Thanks for both your responses. I'm pleased to see the gripes are directed more towards design rather than reliability at this point on the 2001s. The feedback on the T5 and non-turbo V70 were also nice; the XC gets most of the press these days. Volvo has an excellent pricing strategy with the V70 line. I know I don't need any more than the base V70, but 2Kish more gets the 2.4T and 3Kish more gets you in the XC -- each one giving you a bit more toys.

I rented the 2001 XC for a week in January and used it to go skiing up in Stowe, VT. It snowed the whole week and I must say I couldn't get that thing to slide unless I did something ridiculous. It was first time I felt antilock breaks shutter to an immediate stop rather than shutter into the intersection. Starting or stopping on snowy inclines/declines also was no problem. I loved the seating on both long and short rides. However, getting into those comfy seats is a bit of an adventure. The high seats and low sloping windshield making getting into the vehicle hazardous. What do they say banging you head once is a mistake, twice is stupid ... well the third and the fourth time was because the concussions had knocked me silly.

Anyway with all the XC's thrills I seem to be leaning towards the base V70, maybe the 2.4T depending on one more test drive and anymore useful posts supporting either one. Thanks to all and keep those 2001 review coming.
  • rjqrjq Member Posts: 1
    Our '91 745 is just went over the 100K mark and we are beginning to think about a replacement. We have had two other Volvo's - an '80 Bertone (wish I still had it) and an '85 245. They all were great cars, although some repair work always seemed to crop up. The '80 was over 18 years old when we phased her out and the '85 was over a 110K when I went for a leased Merc Mountaineer. I now have a Jeep GC Limited but must admit I miss the Volvo Bertone.

Purpose of post: Need advise and feedback on the V70XC. Anyone have enough experience with them - other than the report from the person who rented one and loved it. I'd like to know up keep data and reliability. Any reports out there on the '99 V70XC?

Thanks.
  • bmart418bmart418 Member Posts: 6
    I have test-driven the V70 T5 now twice...really hard to return it to the dealer! I plan to purchase within the next two weeks. I initially wanted a 5-speed but found that I had to get all over the gas from a dead stop. They did a really nice job with the "manumatic," although the shifts arent quite as smooth as our CL type S. Love the car none the less. How has the reliability been thus far for the T5's? Any ideas on a good purchase price in the Mid-Atlantic region for T5 auto with sunroof, cold weather, auto, wheels? Thanks.
    I would start at $39.5m, but deal at no more than $40.5. However, make sure it is the latest 2001 T5 which has the outside mirrors as part of the memory package. I picked up my T5 on 12/22 and it did not have the mirrors so equipped.
  • bulkleycorpbulkleycorp Member Posts: 21
    Hi - looking at purchasing a V70. Live in CT area but have gotten quotes from Dealers in New York, New Jersey, and CT.

Haven't been serious in negotiation since I'm just kicking tires now and dealing with these guys via email.

Most of the initial quotes are 3-3.8% above invoice for cars that are ORDERED. One dealer indiated he could go lower than 3% if it's on the lot.

Are these in line with what you've heard/received? Thx for the input.
  • chp3rilchp3ril Member Posts: 4
    I have been told that a 1996 850t or a 1998 v70 would be good cars to buy. I have a 1988 740gle now with 210,000 miles and its time to buy something elese. Please give me the good and the bad of these cars and if you think I can get 210,000 out of them
    I had a '98V70 AWD R and, outside of the CD cassette mechanism, never had a problem in 42m miles.
  • gad3gad3 Member Posts: 5
    Well...after many months of research & test drives, my wife & I finally closed the deal today on an 2001 V70 T5. I just want to say "Thank You" to all other posters to this board as you certainly helped us with making our decision. So, for the benefit of all future shoppers, I plan on keeping everyone updated on our first ever Volvo purchase/experience. The local Volvo dealer, Courtesy Volvo in Tallahassee, FL is Great! They generously let us test drive vehicles for multiple days at a time over the last few months. The vehicle we purchased today just came in last Saturday and we've been test driving it ever since so the 300+ miles on it are all ours anyway...ha! Like so many others in this community, I feel we were able to negotiate a very fair deal at $800 (2.2%) over invoice. The experiences of previous posters certainly helped me to go in as an informed buyer so I again say "Thanks". We ended up with a White V70 T5 (It gets pretty hot here so we wanted a lighter color) with Automatic, Light Taupe Sport Leather Pkg, Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Booster Seats, Euro Rails & Versatility Pkg for $37,141 including destination. One of the things we really like about the interior of this car is it came without the fake wood trim that so many others have had complaints about. (chipping, cracking, peeling) We didn't even know you could get it that way because everything else we'd seen or driven had it. We are very pleased with our purchase, the dealership & the vehicles performance and safety features. Like so many of you, I've driven all the test vehicles hard & could never find any reason to not seriously consider buying this car. As time progresses, I'll keep everyone updated on our V70 experiences, likes, dislikes, etc. Hopefully my input will help others as much as I've been helped by the rest of you. Thanks Again! (Oh...my wife just said "Good Night" so now is my chance to finally get to drive it today...HA!) Until next time...
  • pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
    Sounds like you had a good purchase experience. We look forward to hearing more about your ownership experience.... Happy motoring! ;-)

Pocahontas
    Host
    Hatchbacks/Station Wagons Message Boards
    Sounds like a great deal-congrats!
    Did your memory system include the outside mirrors? It seems the V70s delivered in 2001 had them, those before did not. Mine was delivered in 12/00 and did not have that feature.

My continuing irritation is the lack of info on the 17" P6 Pirellis. Neither Volvo nor Pirelli can tell me where they fit in the Pirelli lineup, either quality wise, or as performance tires. I stopped by my Pirelli dealer today and he, nor his computer, knew anything about that designation. However, so far they have performed well on my V70 T5.
  • gad3gad3 Member Posts: 5
    Yes, our V70 was a newer model that does include the mirrors as part of the memory package. Sorry to hear that yours didn't. I knew from reading previous posts to check that out.

Interesting posts about the mysterious P6 Pirelli's. I love the way they handle so far. Hope I don't have problems with future performance or replacement of them. I'll keep watching the boards though for additional info and experiences of others. Read somewhere, maybe under the maintenance & repair area, that some people were noticing bubbles coming up on the sidewalls of these tires so I'll definitely be watching out for that.

Glenn
  • scrushscrush Member Posts: 1
    We have just bought a 2001 V70 T5 and are looking for the best way to configure a roof rack. We have 4 Thule bike racks from our '94 850 T wagon. The good folks at Thule have not yet come out with a "fit kit" for the '01 V70 (I guess they figure that the active folks are all buying the XC), so we need to get a Volvo roof rail system.
    Our dealer says there are 2 ways to go, (1) get the "permanent" EuroRails at a cost of over $600, or (2) get the "portable" roof rails for considerably less. The dealer says that everyone is going with the portable rails. The roof rack and its accessories were a permanent fixture on our 850 wagon and we can't see ourselves putting a rack on every time we go out for a spin.
    Anyone have experience with the portable model? Can it be used on a permanent basis? What are the visuals like -- does it interfere with the sleek line?
    Any other solutions out there?
    Thanks.
  • twoof1twoof1 Member Posts: 308
    scrush,
    We have the removeable Load Bars on our '01T5 and I love 'em. This has got to be the cleanest system I have ever seen. The actual feet of the load bars never touch the top or side of your car. Instead the seat into little slots hidden in your roof gutters. Check it out & you will see where the clips insert. It is simple (installs in under 2 minutes), clean & effective. I believe the bars are rated up to 200 lbs. I use them with my large roof box and they work great. The roof box is left over from my '98XC and it fits perfect with the new bars. The box is Volvo brand however it is manufactured by Thule. I think the Load Bars are also mfg. by Thule so most of your existing components might work fine. The Euro Rails on my previous XC made alot of wind noise when not in use.
    PS: I think I only paid about $145.00 for the pair of bars.
  • acasuacasu Member Posts: 3
    I live in CT, too. Got a GREAT deal on a V70 at Red Bank Volvo in NJ - well worth the 1-1/2 to 2 hour drive. The dealer (Stamford) said they don't like to touch the prices of the Red Bank dealer because they price their cars too low and make little profit- I still didn't see the disadvantage especially considering the savings. He also said they don't like to service cars purchased at the dealer, although told me he wouldn't "refuse" to service my new car. There are PLENTY of other dealers in this area who I am certain would be HAPPY to service my car. So, I'm going with the savings up front. Seems to make sense to me.
    That was an interesting comment your CT. dealer made about service. I would be surprised if there was not a provision in Volvo's dealer agreements that expressly prohibited their dealers from denying warranty service for new cars not purchased at that dealership. You may want to consider calling Customer Service at Volvo IQ in Rockleigh, NJ. just to confirm it.

Also, although I live in St Louts now, I grew up in West Haven, CT.
  • bulkleycorpbulkleycorp Member Posts: 21
    Thanks for the response. What did you end up paying over invoice? Again, most of the dealers in CT that I talked to were at 2-3% over. The dealer in Guilford, CT quoted me at 1.5% over invoice.

Howver, after mulling things over this morning I bought a Saab 9-5 wagon at a dealer in Westport (close to home!.) The car is slightly larger than the V70, handles much better, and is well equipped.

Also, the Saab has lots of incentives, in fact the day before I purchased the car, I received a $1,000 certificate off the price of a Saab - just came in the mail - so I negotiated the price - just below invoice and got another $1,000 off courtesy of Saab.

Good luck with your new car.
  • acasuacasu Member Posts: 3
    I did no negotiating...and got $1000.00 under invoice (the best price offered in Westport was $500.00 over invoice). Drove the car home today and we are very pleased with it. Good luck with your Saab.
  • michael103michael103 Member Posts: 1
    I am very close to purchasing a Volvo Cross Country. Is the upgraded Audio System and Subwoofer wothe the $$.
  • norge003norge003 Member Posts: 11
    Can anyone tell me why the XC doesn't come with DSTC like the V70 (as an option).....I am looking hard at buying the 2001 XC but was surprised that the option wasn't available. Even with the XC having an AWD (at times), it still seems to me like it should be available. Any help would be appreciated.
    I do not know the answer, but you might query the Volvo website; they usually respond within 2 days-even if the info they provide is of questionable accuracy.