Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost? Ask the Smart Shopper Hosts for directions!

1234568»

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I think Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience would be a good place to post your question. You may also want to look into Buying Tips: How Do I Get the Best Deal?.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • mintjulepmintjulep Member Posts: 28
    Help! Is there a forum or thread that already deals with this?

I am moving to Georgia next month for a new job, but plan to buy my new Honda Fit in Texas, my parents' home state, before moving. Should I register my car in GA or TX?

According to GA state law, I must register my car within 30 days of residency. However, in talking to a few dealerships in TX, it seems that I may be able to keep my registration in TX under my parents' address for a period of time?

I wouldn't want to pay double taxes. If I buy as an out-of-state buyer, I can waive the TX sales tax, and just pay GA sales tax at the point of registration. If I buy as an in-state buyer, I pay TX sales tax, but once I register in GA, I'll have to pay GA sales tax anyway (or so it seems). Is there a time limit on these things?? I've read in the forum of people waiting a year to register (e.g. in GA), saving on taxes for that year. It seems to be much cheaper to own a car in TX than in GA, but in my online research, it seems that living in GA and having my car registered in TX would be tax fraud.

:cry: Help me understand!! :cry:
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I would start with Vehicle Sales Tax Questions. It sounds like you're buying new but Buying used cars from out of state may be helpful too.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • habramowskihabramowski Member Posts: 2
    I seem to be having trouble starting a new thread. I hope it worked this time.........
    I thought maybe its a strong disservice to the readers to have to weed through 38 Plus pages of a thread that began back in 2001. Especially if you want to hear about how is the Cardirect.com company treating people TODAY?

So even if you already posted your experience in that other thread, maybe with a quick COPY N PASTE you can repost those experiences here.

the question today in 2007 is:
    How was your shopping experience with Carsdirect?

thanks
    harry
  • joel0622joel0622 Member Posts: 3,299
    So start at the end and click back a few pages :confuse:
  • jyd247jyd247 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I am in the hunt for either a new or used car this winter and I am very undecided what to buy. My limit is around 35K. I was hoping to get a used Audi S4 (2004-2005) but I hear of reliability problems, plus the usual cost of maintaining a German car. I am hoping to get my hands on a reliable, fun driving, quick (fast), women approve kind of car.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any direction you can get me in.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    Our discussion called Help me decide.. is tailor-made for you! Try posting there.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• webgirlwebgirl Member Posts: 8
    Long story short: my fiance and I bought a Scion a few weeks ago, and while the payment is within our means we ridiculously overpaid by getting suckered into the lower interest rate with the Toyota financing add-ons.

What is the best thing to do at this point? Just pay the loan off as quickly as we can? I am kicking myself over this because I knew this was a bad move but was a first-time buyer and trusted my fiance's judgment.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    You might post in our Financing New Vehicles discussion to get feedback from those in the know.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.