Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    yybugyybug Member Posts: 9
    east bay.
    25k OTD for 2.ot+ pkg 1? I will try. thanks.
  • Options
    wvbobwvbob Member Posts: 13
    Here's a yard stick for those in the market....
    I recently traded a 2005 Cobalt LS 2d auto for the above. Manhiem showed Cobalt value at $10200.00. This value was the measure the dealer used and was the highest amongst Edmunds/NADA/KBB. Pay off was $12243.00

The Deal
    '07 Passat Wolfsburg w/ splash guards, rubber mats and trunk guard $27,899 including delivery.
    Gross Cap Cost $28586.72
    Cap reduction $4295.18
    Adjusted Cap $24291.54
    Residual Value $13386.72
    Depreciation $10904.82
    Rent Charge $2803.02
    Total Base Pmt $13707.84
    Term 48 mo
    Base Pay $285.58
    Tax $14.28
    Total Monthly $299.86

Above includes:
    $1000.00 out of pocket total (includes 1st pmt)
    $1500.00 VW Loyalty (Dealer says for anyone owning any VW)
    $2300.00 Net Trade allowance on Contract

Dealer... Star Motors Clarksburg, WV
  • Options
    mkl001mkl001 Member Posts: 4
    Just bought the car and here is what I pay for
    Here is what I paid for the car.

Passat 2.0T with
    W31 (Package 1)
    BWM (rubber mats and truck liner)
    MSRP: $28995
    Paid OTD: $26200
  • Options
    flyline1flyline1 Member Posts: 3
    That is good. May I ask you what tax rate did you pay for? Thanks.
  • Options
    cynicalcynical Member Posts: 5
    Just to update you guys, I did indeed get my 2.0t. For your reference:

2007 2.0T no packages
    $22500 OTD
    Los Angeles area

I've had it for about 3 weeks and am enjoying it so far. No mech problems to speak of.
  • Options
    Good deal:)

Could you introduce the dealership? btw: is it a "base" or "2.0T"? Thanks a lot:)

I am in SF bay area. All I got so far is 24xxx OTD for "base" model without any options. So sad~~~~~
  • Options
    cynicalcynical Member Posts: 5
    Its a 2007 2.0T manual transmission.

You can certainly do better than $24K. Are you trying to get a manual or automatic? Have you tried the internet department at the dealers near you?
  • Options
    for passat 2.0T auto+pkg 1. best i can get is $27xxx otd. Bay area..:(
  • Options
    sorry for late reply.

I live in SF bay area and the tax rate for Alameda county is 8.75%.

Here is the break down
    price paid $23827.53
    Doc fee: $55
    Sales tax $2089.72
    Licences fee $219
    tire fee: $8.75
    Total $26200
    I am enjoying it and it is a great car. :)
  • Options
    Hi mkl001,
    Do you mind telling me which dealer you bought the car from?
    I am also in bay area and I am looking for this exact pkg.
    Is this the cash price or you can also get the 2.9% pro apr?

thanks.

yybug
  • Options
    Hi yybug:
    The price was offered by Sunnyvale VW's internet department. Cash price or $2000 more if you used the special VW financing.

Good luck
  • Options
    Just to update you guys, I got a 2007 passat "basic" automatic sedan with rear airbags for 22500 OTD at SF bay area. Tax rate is 8.25%. Thanks a lot.

btw: If anybody is interested in a wagon with package #1, the best offer I can get is 244xx before tax/fees, SF bay area.
  • Options
    phx1021phx1021 Member Posts: 8
    New 2007 2.0T, with automatic transmission, luxury package, rubber mats (PMK), dealer added tint. MSRP/sticker $30,480.
    Price Paid including all dealer fees (doc fee) but not Tax, Title & Registration $25,450. No trade. Nothing else purchased.

There are good deals on Passats right now, at least there were at the end of the month!
  • Options
    pbs0626pbs0626 Member Posts: 18
    Hi phx1021,
    Could you tell me where you bought your 2.0T? I tried my best to negotiate a deal last night and they would not go below $29K on a luxury package.
    Thx.
  • Options
    phx1021phx1021 Member Posts: 8
    It was VW North Scottsdale. They are part of a publicly owned company (United Auto) and were very easy to work with. Also this was a cash price and would not be eligible for their cut rate financing.

Also, when browsing online inventories through VW.COM I noticed there are not alot of 2.0T Lux cars around. Limited availability of a trim could make it more difficult to get a good price, but it didn't in our case.
  • Options
    mrjohnmrjohn Member Posts: 3
    Hi all, great forum, I was just wondering if this is a good deal or not.
    A 07 passat wagon w/2.0 T with package 1, cold weather , sat radio, auto, 18" wheels, sunroof, 8 airbags, heavy duty mats, and 5500 miles on it. MSRP $29995, For sale at a dealership for $24995.Dark blue, with black interior.Thanks all. Also it has a german engine, this is the only reason I would buy this car, after the last experience of an engine made in mexico, I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING MADE OR ASSEMBLED IN THAT PLACE, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    600kgolfgt600kgolfgt Member Posts: 690
    >Also it has a german engine, this is the only reason I would buy this car, after the last experience of an engine made in mexico, I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING MADE OR ASSEMBLED IN THAT PLACE, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'll have to sell my Mexican-built 1997 Jetta (engine - Mexico, transmission - Mexico) that just turned 214,000 miles... Or my Mexican-built 2003 Wolfsburg Jetta (engine - Germany, transmission - Japan) with 95,000 miles...

B.T.W. - If you just had a new house built within the past 5 years or so, chances are it was built with Mexican labor. If you've had any landscaping or hardscaping done within the past 5 years - Mexican labor. Quick - trade in the house before it falls apart!!!!

Nothing like showing one's true colors, eh?
  • Options
    mrjohnmrjohn Member Posts: 3
    OK, unlike yourself, I do all my own building, gardening, cleaning and washing of all my cars and trucks, I am a journeyman carpenter, who has used a lot of trucks over the years, the 2nd last was a 04 dodge ram quad cab long bed, let me sum this up real quick for ya, POS, is a good start, all 4 rotors warped at 14000miles, not covered by warrenty, at 8000 miles transmission bolts fell off ,tranny on ground, another tow job, at 10000 miles pully system falls off what a mess, another tow job, a week later lost reverse gear, cant get out to work again, drivers side mirror falls off, tail gate bolt comes loose causing damage to bed of truck, 6 months of ownership a full 5 weeks in the shop, 4 tows, lost about a full week of work sold the pos, got a gmc. You sir, support illegals by the sound of, too lazy to do a bit of hard work yourself? One bad experience is more than enough for me.Oh guess where it was made? Bty, nothing better to do today? other than post your comments where they dont belong.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    No more comments about the working abilities of ethnic groups.

Period

thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    echoparkeechoparke Member Posts: 1
    Just bot a2007 Passat (base model). I received 2 keys but no key tag. The key tag is described on page 45 of the equipment manuel. I called the dealer and he said that they stopped giving out key tags to all Passats. Does anyone know if this is true? Or do I need to press this further to get a key tag?

Thanks.......
  • Options
    vwguild1vwguild1 Member Posts: 98
    The "key tag" contained the last 8 of the VIN. Kind of superfluous...
  • Options
    600kgolfgt600kgolfgt Member Posts: 690
    OK, unlike yourself, I do all my own building, gardening, cleaning and washing of all my cars and trucks

Unlike yourself, every vehicle that I've owned has lasted 200,000 miles or more (and I do most of my own maintenance) - all the way back to my days in the Air Force working as a crew chief (aircraft mechanic) on C-141s, C-130s and C5s.

Bty, nothing better to do today? other than post your comments where they dont belong.

This is a VW forum. Sounds like your grievences should be heard in the dodge forum. Sounds like you made a post where it doesn't belong...

too lazy to do a bit of hard work yourself

As far as being hardworking is concerned, I'll give you more than a run for your money ANY day of the week. :shades:
  • Options
    shamrock22shamrock22 Member Posts: 8
    Anyone know if dealers are getting $2000 for Passat sales? I've gotten conflicting info from 3 dealers.

Thx
  • Options
    sl620sl620 Member Posts: 3
    I got this quote from the Bay area (CA) dealer for the 2007 Passat Wagon, 3.6 4motion fully loaded. (Luxery package)for $33,500 + tax/fees

The car has everything included from GPS to fog light to all the little stuff....

Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    zguzgu Member Posts: 10
    Hi, All,

I am considering to buy a VW Passat 2.0T.

for base trim,
    I got $22000 OTD

for package 0, which includes alloy wheels, power driver seat etc, I got 22500$+tax

I checked with couple dealer, I was told there is no loyalty rebate now, and the incentive is $2000.

Any one get better deals?

Thanks a lot
  • Options
    zguzgu Member Posts: 10
    hi,

I was told $2000 incentive from two dealers. But from previous post, I found $3500 incentive + $1500 loyalty. Is this still valid now?

Thx
  • Options
    eyedogtoreyedogtor Member Posts: 14
    Hey guys,

I'm looking at a 2007 Wolfsburg Passat with an MSRP of $27,630....got an offer from a dealer for $24,000 + 200$ doc fee and TTL...this seems great to me, but looking for any advice from those who know more than I?

Thanks
  • Options
    ssteigssssteigss Member Posts: 40
    If you dont mind me asking what dealer gave you this price? Did this include any loyalty rebate etc?

Thnx
  • Options
    sztulipsztulip Member Posts: 1
    Where are you located? I'm looking for same car. Can you tell me more informations?

Thanks
  • Options
    beepx2beepx2 Member Posts: 2
    Just Bought an '07 passat 2.0T Wagon 6 sp auto

package 1
    Akiros wheel/tire upgrade
    MSRP 30070
    paid 24900 + tax, tags,

- 3000 for trade (generous for V70 volvo, 120K mi, fair cond)
    OTD was 22,999.

This was at 7:30 pm on the last day of the month. I am satisfied with the transaction, and love the car.
  • Options
    scottinkyscottinky Member Posts: 194
    07 Passat Wagon, package 1, msrp 29,439

invoice of 27613 + tax and dealer fee of $302.50.
    OTD of $29,505.28 w/ VW 4.9% financing. this does not include
    my trade. I have been dealing with the internet guy for a bit. He says
    he absolutely can't sell the car below invoice. I tried for some holdback
    and cash to dealer incentive. Is there anything I am missing?
  • Options
    can someone give me an opinion on this deal?
  • Options
    beepx2beepx2 Member Posts: 2
    I'm no expert but it sounds high. Depends on where you are, and how badly the dealer wants to sell the cars. My guy started with invoice, gave up most of the holdback, and a 2000 incentive. Had I financed, the incentive would have been only 750. My car had been sitting on the lot for months, and I'm sure they were glad to see it go. There were a lot of wagons in stock. Your OTD price is hard to compare because the tax and doc fees can vary so much by state. In my experience, you just have to find the dealer who most wants to sell a car. Good luck.
  • Options
    this is the LAST wagon in central kentucky. I know about the dealer incentive
    and the holdback, but the internet guy refused to sell it below invoice. Dealer fees
    were only $302. I told him this morning that I was passing on the deal and would
    instead pay off my Pathfinder and enjoy the money in my wallet. If he gets desparate,
    and needs to sell it, he cen send me a better offer next weekend :-)
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    Local dealers are advertising new 07 Passats discounted $4500 if financed thru VW Credit. I haven't looked at the invoice prices, but VW typically doesn't have a high mark up. Good deal? At least intriguing.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    chronochrono Member Posts: 149
    Do you mind sharing what dealer? Where are you located?
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986
    VW South, Charlotte, NC. I have purchased 7 Vws from them since 1987. I felt they have always been reasonable, and provide good service. That is where I bought my 06 Certified 2.0t.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    taepo518taepo518 Member Posts: 5
    Just wanted to share my buying experience. Bought my Wolfsburg for invoice (-$750 cashback @ 2.9% finance). I had the option of $1500 cashback, but the finance rate would have been over 6%.

This was in NJ. Just be careful when they show you the invoice sheet - it usually includes bogus dealer added charges (prep fees). So the invoice price they show you is actually higher than the invoice you'll see on Edmunds.

Other non-negot fees (at least for me) were: Doc fee was +$199. Window etching (not sure if this is bogus too) was approx extra $130.

Oh yea, the dealer includes free oil changes, tire replacement, loaner cars for the life of the vehicle (non-transferable). Not worth much, but a nice bonus.

Anyway, I'm sure there was a few hundred left on the table - but I'm not the type to grind out another hour of psychological negotiations (torture) for an extra $100. Well maybe I am, just not on that day! :)
  • Options
    mrbtmrbt Member Posts: 7
    Is there a way to quickly locate a particular vehicle. I was looking through websites of VW dealers in LA area and it is a general mess (some of them list passats as 2.0t, some as sedan, some don't list packages). I'm looking for a Passat 2.0t auto with sport package in LA area. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    lservelserve Member Posts: 50
    Has anyone purchased an extended warranty on a Passat in the last year? If so costs and mileage/years covered? I'm looking at an '07 and am curious what kind of deals they are offering on the extensions.

Thanks in advance - L
  • Options
    sdoo25sdoo25 Member Posts: 25
    Go to vwvortex.com and go to the forums. You'll find a topic called something like "Ask a VW Salesman" under the Passat B6 section. They will be able to locate what you're looking for.
  • Options
    mianickmianick Member Posts: 2
    I'm in FL and lookng to purchase a 2.0T Wolfsburg with Navi. I saw some posts that dealerships were selling at invoice (or below)? is this still the case?
  • Options
    Hey guys,

So, just to let you know, we just bought a 2007 Wolfsburg Passat yesterday. United Grey with black interior. MSRP 27,889 and we got it for $24,000 - trade of $3,800 which was very generous, so OTD was $20,200 +TTL. Very happy with the deal, the dealership / salesman and the vehicle. Only driven it for 36 hrs, but I'm impressed. It was between this, the Altima and the Saab 9-3...no contest this was the right choice.
  • Options
    Good price. What region? -L
  • Options
    Yes, I'm starting to shop - Chicago area, first price is at just below invoice. It looks like its not unreasonable to see pricing 1-2K below.
  • Options
    Massachusetts.
  • Options
    briz2briz2 Member Posts: 42
    Im looking @ a 07 V6 4MO with Lux #1 sticker @ 36020.

I am trading an 02 Jetta 1.8T w/ 81K miles.

With my trade I would have to finance 25K before TTL...

Good deal?
  • Options
    ssteigssssteigss Member Posts: 40
    Just picked up a 2007 Wolfsburg Passat. Sticker $27,815...paid $22,500. Great experience with dealer as well. Quirk VW in Massacusetts.
  • Options
    That is a great deal. Was that a cash deal?
  • Options
    jakej22jakej22 Member Posts: 1
    I've just started shopping for the Passat Wolfsburg Edition. I've been told 24,817. Sounds like some better deals available. $22,500 sounds like a great deal. I'm in MA and will contact Quirk. Any recommendation on the salesperson or sales manager that made it happen?