Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Venture

Comments

• cardude1cardude1 Posts: 1
    Am considering a Chevy Venture for purchase today, so any quick info on Pros and Cons would be very helpful!!

Also any negative experiences anyone made have had regarding reliability or repairs.
  • scottbuseyscottbusey Posts: 27
    Quick Feedback!! - Go for it. Get the Touring Suspension/Load Leveling package if you can.

Enjoy!
  • emonacoemonaco Posts: 1
    I have a 97 Venture. I've had few problems with it. It handles well in the snow. I suggest the 4 door model. The seat removal is simple but not as easy as they say. It handles well for a big vehicle. Also, the gas mileage is good.
  • We just bought a 98' venture but it hasn't arrived to the dealer yet. We were wondering about the tires. It comes with General tires size P215/70R15. I have a set of BF Goodrich T/A P215/65R15. If we put them on how will that effect the performance. I know they are a little wider. will they rub on the front fender when we turn a corner?
  • To:ron14

I would not be in a hurry to swap tires. If you ordered the Touring/Leveling suspension you will be pleased with the ride. My Trans Sport came with General's that are self sealing for punctures. You might want to find out if that's the case for your General's as well.

It's a nice ride - Enjoy!
  • TWKTWK Posts: 1
    Hi! We are looking at the '98 Chevy Venture and think it's a good value. We're like the extended 4 dr model and are trying to decide on the second row captains chairs vs. the 3 modular seats in the second row ... any advice? Likes/dislikes one way or the other?
  • So far, everyone who has ridden in the back seat on the regular bench seats say they are comfortable and the tall ones like the extra leg room. I wish we had ordered 3 seats for the middle row so our family members could get in and out easier from both sides. (The seat is right by the door so they don't have to crawl over.) The seats are very very easy to remove. The sliding doors on either side open so easy that if I had thought more about it, I may not have ordered the power door. (That is the side that the seat is NOT close to the door.)
    We have 7000 miles on our extended 98 Venture.
    Took it to Minn., putting on about 2600 miles. We
    pulled a 16' boat with 40hp motor--3 of us and
    gear. And it did just fine. Love that front
    traction. Average mpg 22.3-24.

Coming back, we heard air compressor running after
    turning off motor. Had to pull out fuse so
    compressor (pump) wouldn't burn up. Took it to
    dealer, and they found a hole in one of the rear
    shocks, so installed new one. Faulty factory
    shock.

The "service engine soon" light went on on the way
    to get shock installed. (I praised God that it
    was on the way TO the service department!)
    One cylinder misfiring--I could feel it, but they
    cleaned the fuel injectors and everything is okay
    again.

I still like the car--lots and lots of room and
    good gas mileage.
  • To scottbusey:

We got our van last saturday and I must say it's Great. It doesn't have the Touring/leveling suspension. That along with the Theft alarm is the only options that it it doesn't have. Seems with the low intrest rates and incentives that their offering it's getting hard to find just what you want but were very happy with what we have. Sandrift w/netural int. just the color we wanted. I will check out if the tires are self sealing. I've still got the Goodrich T/A's. Kind of thought I would use them and save the General's for when I trade it off in a couple years. I'll keep you updated.

Later.....Van on !!!!
  • TO:TWK

I agree with your choices, but add the Touring/Leveling suspension if at all possible. It really makes a difference with varying loads.

Enjoy!
  • Does anyone have information to changes or improvements to the 1999 Venture? I am hoping they will have new color choices and 8 passenger
    seating (as TransSport does). I'm afraid that the
    TransSport body cladding will start to rattle after a few years and don't want to take the chance. I read "Gator's" response and would like to know more, and what his resources are. I have not been able to find anything on the 1999.

How about the second generation door? Gator, are
    you out there?
  • Greetings,
    I am beginning the search for a new mini-van and will take a close look at a fully loaded, 4dr Chevy Venture. My concern is the 3.4L/180 HP/V-6 engine that is standard in the Venture. I live in the Denver area and spend time up in the Rocky Mountains so I am concerned about engine power for this van. Will the '99 model have a 3.8L as an option? Any comments and real life experiences would be appreciated! Thanks and I look forward to reading your comments!
  • TO:msteve22

I have the Trans Sport with the same engine, and it's plenty powerful @ 180 hp and good transmission gearing. Personally if I lived in the Rockies, I'd add the towing package to get extra cooling (superstition, no problems noted), and I would ALWAYS get the Touring/Leveling suspension option.

In any event, the Venture is a great choice!

Enjoy!
  • I thought I would ask once again in case anyone has found out anything new about the 1999 Ventures.

Does anyone have information to changes or improvements to the 1999 Venture? I am hoping they will have new color choices and 8 passenger
    seating (as Montana does). I'm afraid that the
    Montana body cladding will start to rattle after a few years and don't want to take the chance. I read "Gator's" response and would like
    to know more, and what his resources are. I have
    not been able to find anything on the 1999.

How about the second generation door?
    Gator, are you out there?

Thanks a lot.

VentureMan
  • Total Ventures sold for the 1998 model year is 99,442. Total U.S. GM minivan sales for 1998 model year is 193,522.

VentureMan
  • Edmund's info and review of the 1999 Chevy Venture is now available.

1999 Chevrolet Venture Base 3-Door

1999 Chevrolet Venture Base 4-Door

1999 Chevrolet Venture Base Extended 4-Door

KarenS/roving host

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• atratr Posts: 5
    I'm in the market for a 1999 Venture LT. I live in Suburban DC, so I have many dealers in MD, DC, and VA to choose from. A few questions for everybody.

I've calculated the dealer invoice for the vehicle to be 25,220 (Base + Dest. Charge + 1SD Package). The holdback amounts to 840 which is 3% of the MSRP of 28,025.

Question 1: Those of you out there that paid x dollars over invoice, is that including the holdback or not?

Question 2: Is 1000 over true invoice (inv. - holdback) reasonable?

Question 3: Has anyone had experience in the DC area with buying a vehicle in DC or VA and registering in MD? Will I have to pay any extra taxes or registration because I'm buying in a different state than I'm registering?

Question 4: Anyone have any dealer recommendations?

Your help is greatly appreciated!!
  • The Venture is a good choice, but get the "Load Leveling/Touring Suspension" also.

I don't live around DC any more, but 15 years ago I moved from WV to MD, and had to pay tax on the car when I got the MD title - any title in MD was treated as a sale & required taxes.

Enjoy!
  • melismelis Posts: 7
    We will be buying a 1999 Venture within the next 6-8 months. I've gone to the pricing list & noticed that none of the prices are listed for the options. Why is that? How can I determine exactly what its going to cost me if I can't figure out the options cost?

Thanks for any help

Melissa
  • atratr Posts: 5
    Edmunds does not currently have the options pricing for 99 Ventures, but I have found a site that does.

www.autosite.com currently has all the 99 pricing. Check it out.

I'm still looking for an LT in the DC area, anyone seen one in white or carmine red metallic??