Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Venture

Comments

• big__daddybig__daddy Member Posts: 30
    I noticed the same thing! Seems the Silhouette foglights would fit nicely although GM would probably charge quite a bit for those lights. I think I'm going to buy some slimline foglights and do the job myself. Get some HID (high intensity discharge) replacement bulbs for your van if allowed in your area.
  • daverosedaverose Member Posts: 233
    A short-lived topic in Vans, #1209, I believe, had a number of comments recommending aftermarket fog lamps over original manufacturer, either self-installed or by the after-market seller. The feeling was that original manufacturer fog lights were generally inferior to those available from other sources. One post said, in part, "Good ones to look for are Bosch, Hella or PIAA. Bosch and Hella are reasonably priced and PIAA is way too expensive. You can also get fog and driving lights in one unit."

Another post in that topic (Fog lights versus traction control(?)) cautioned that one should evaluate how much electrical load they're adding to their vehicle to insure they did not over stress (my words) their alternator and battery's charging ability.

Hope that helps. I have found that the fog lights on our '99 regular wheelbase Silhouette do not illuminate very much ground, even after asking that they be adjusted by the dealer. I uderstand your desire to install the equipment from a sister vehicle, but, because of these recommendations, and my experience, though limited, I would go with something else. Also, I'm not sure the opening at the base of the Venture's bumper would accept a Silhouette fog light; but, maybe it's the other way around. It is my off the top recollection that the Venture's foglights are round and fit in the bumper with no extra room, while the Silhouette's are horizontal at the outside edge of a much larger horizontal opening.

Good luck.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Here is a link to that topic: Topic #1209

KarenS
    Edmunds.com Town Hall Host
  • nmrfreaknmrfreak Member Posts: 5
    Just purchased a '97 Pontiac Trans Sport Montana. Bought it since it had 4 of the 5 items I wanted as well as some extras and was extremely well maintained. The one downside is the seating setup - quad captain chairs. I have a family of 5 with 3 small children and would like either the 8 pass seating or the split bench in the middle row with integrated child seats.

Has anyone ever looked into this?? Is a switch such as this possible or are there issues here such as location of floor mounts and/or seat belts?? I noticed in posting #443 that someone went to 8 passenger from the split bench - what about captain's chairs to 8 passenger? Would this be a fair swap financially if I found someone who really wanted the captain's chairs?

Any insight from the town hall would be so greatly appreciated!

Mike
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Canada
  • offhamoffham Member Posts: 344
    The key issue is whether the floor inserts are standard across the model range. Do not think seat belts are a problem on the swap from two captains chairs to three modular, as the two outboard seats use the seatbelts on the side and the center seat is just a lap one. (I have an 8 seater Venture)

A good idea would be to remove the two Captains chairs and see how many floor fittings are underneath, as some maybe covered by the seats themselves.

Then comes the cost aspect of buying the three second row seats....

Let us know and if you measure, please no metrics here.!
  • daverosedaverose Member Posts: 233
    It is my firm belief that the anchors in all the GM minivans of the same vintage are exactly the same. Therefore, swapping is theoretically possible. It is my understanding that GM new car dealers will not facilitate this, so, check used car dealers, and salvage yards. I
  • greg32greg32 Member Posts: 48
    I have done the seat swap from a bench two seater to a three across. There is a problem with the outboard passenger side shoulder seat belt. I had to add a lap belt to this seat since the shoulder belt is not properly positioned for an outboard seat. I got the seats from the junk yard for $125 a piece, 2 seats one for the center and one for the outboard. The seat belt I purchased from the dealer.

Good luck,

Greg
  • melismelis Member Posts: 7
    I currently own a '99 Venture LT & have had some minor problems as well as major problems. In Feburary of this year, the SES light came on, engine was running horrible so off I went to the dealership where I was informed that the #4 Fuel Injector was bad & would have to be replaced. Thank goodness I was still covered under the warranty. Just this past weekend, I started up my van to discover the SES light on again... I knew immediately that it was another fuel injector because of the way the van was running. So I drove it home & waited until Monday when I could take it into the dealership, this time it was the #5 fuel injector that was bad. Thank goodness we had opted for the extra warranty coverage since I currently have over 43,000 miles on my van. BTW, the #4 fuel injector went out at approx. 23,000 miles. Only 20,000 miles later the #5 fuel injector went bad. I had also reported that the airbag light was coming on again.. no record of it in the computer so it didn't get fixed. I had to pay $100 to have the fuel injector replaced. I have had the windshield wiper transmission replaced & have had the airbag modules replaced approximately 3 times. I've reported this to GMAC but have yet to hear back from them. My question is what options do I have at this point? I can't use the lemon law because of the mileage & I've had the van for approximately 1 1/2 years. It would seem to me that when you purchase a brand new van that it should last longer than this one had. Granted I've been able to have it repaired but is this what I have to look forward to in another 20,000 miles, another fuel injector going bad? Should I trade it in ASAP, attempt to get GMAC to buy back or just hang on & pray that nothing major goes wrong in the near future. We purchased this van with the intention of driving it for years & yes, we knew we would be putting lots of miles on it since my son plays hockey 80 miles away from our home. I also don't want to give up my 3.9% financing that I was able to get thru GMAC. Any suggestions would be great because I'm at the end of my rope with this van. I'm sure I just got a "bad" van but it frustrates me that I've spent all this $$ & have had problems with it.

Thanks
    Melissa
  • arebeearebee Member Posts: 3
    I purchased my 2000 Chevrolet Venture from Boles Chevrolet in Pendleton, Indiana. 3 weeks later I discovered damage to it. I looked over the vehicle before purchase and still don't know how I missed around $1100.00 worth of damage. However, someone at the factory or dealership knew it was damaged because the right rear quarter panel had a coat of paint sprayed over it attempting to cover up a small dent and several deep gouges. Now That Is Honesty! Also, two cross-member sections adjoining the frame are dented, the bottom of the chassis on both sides are scraped up, and something drug across the rear portion of the roof while the paint was wet. There is a State law that requires disclosure of the damage if the damage exceeds a certain percentage of MSRP. I believe the damage meets this criteria. Since the damage was never disclosed to me, I requested the vehicle be replaced. My request was denied by the Dealership, the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center, and the Local Area Vehicle Manager. However, they did say the repairs would be made under warranty. Also, Boles Chevrolet says it is a GM problem and GM says it is a Boles Chevrolet problem. I have received no apology and nobody is taking responsibility for the damage. Furthermore, several request were made for the Local Area Vehicle Manager to contact me. He has yet to do so. In addition, I wrote letters to the CEO of GM, President of GM North America, and General Manager for Chevrolet and they did not respond either. Imagine that! So I filed complaints with the BBB and State Attorney General. I take the blame for missing the damage. I should have looked at the vehicle closer. But really, I shouldn't have to! The customer should be able to trust General Motors to stand behind their product. General Motors lack of quality, integrity, and concern has lost another once loyal GM Customer. A customer who has purchased or leased 6 GM vehicle in 7 years including 4 from Boles Chevrolet. Thanks GM. Now I Know What That Great GM Feeling Is! R.B.
  • nmrfreaknmrfreak Member Posts: 5
    Further to my earlier posting regarding seat swapping, I have confirmed that floor anchor location will not be a problem. Also, I don't think seat belts will be either as both the captain and modular config have two outboard seats. Greg, I presume you had a seat belt issue upon moving from a split bench simply because there wasn't a passenger side outboard when you got your van - please correct me if I'm wrong.

I called the dealer and they would hear nothing of this - stating liability as the issue. Combing all the scrap yards came up with one set of 3 buckets - unfortunately they were grey while my interior is the taupe. Have also posted a swap ad in the local newspaper. Will let the group know if and when my search ends.

BTW, does anyone know where one could find GM brochures for the 97 vans??

Mike
    Your correct about my seat belt issue. You should not have the same problem.

Have you tried using the internet to look for junk yards to search for seats? Thats how I found my seats in Petersburg, VA. Most of the web sites have 800 numbers you can call directly to ask if they have the seats.

I may have my old 97 venture GM brochure. What did you want to know from it?

Cheers,

Greg
  • gtpdriver2gtpdriver2 Member Posts: 1
    All the GM headlights on newer cars and vans are weak. My last few cars I have installed higher wattage bulbs and new wiring available from http://www.htnews.com/comptltd/parts.html
    They work great, improve visibility substantially, they do not blind oncoming traffic, and Competition Limited guarantees their bulbs and wiring for 90 days. I sound like a commercial for them, but I have been very happy with a new found ability to see at night. I have put the higher wattage bulbs on my 2000 Montana (the same as the Venture and Silhouette) and they work great. Slight glitch with the fog lights and the high beams, but the fog lights are worthless anyway. I leave off the fog lights and the headlights work perfectly.
  • kkollwitzkkollwitz Member Posts: 274
    I own a 99 Venture, bought new, currently with 13K miles. The transmission is fine, but I've read so much about these transmissions screwing up that I wonder if pre-emptively changing the trans fluid now would forestall any future problems. Any opinions?
    RE 601: Personally, I have always got the fluid changed around 30K - 35K, irrespective of the owners manual etc. My transmission guy charges $45.00 and in all cars I have had, I consider it well worth it and such a small investment.
  • garyh13garyh13 Member Posts: 4
    This weekend my wife and I looked at some minivans. The local Honda dealer wants $24,340 for a 2001 Odyssey LX. Also, the wait may be a couple of months for it. We also looked at the 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan. It had the power package and middle bucket seats. The salesman tried to BS us with a quote of $24,300. The funny thing is, there are about a dozen of the same 2000 leftover vans still on the lot! He asked us what we were looking to pay and I told him $22,000. He checked with his sales manager and came back and said that he could sell it for that (including taxes & tags). Not feeling very comfortable with the whole deal we told him we would get back to him if we decided to go with the Dodge. After reading some posts on the Dodge and the transmission problems, it isn't an option for us.
    The next stop was the Chevy dealer. They had 2 leftover 2000 Ventures on the lot. They offer a $3000 rebate off the $22,831 sticker. That brings the price down to $19,831. It's an LS model with a CD player. They let us borrow it for the weekend to see how we like it. My question is, do you guys think it's a good deal? We are going to drive it around tomorrow and see how it is. Thanks for your help.
  • autolover3autolover3 Member Posts: 53
    Has anyone heard of APR's of new 2001's for after January (purchased, not lease)? Right now, I see 5.9% for Ventures. Are there going to be lower ones in the future (like last year---Ford had some 0.9%). Has anyone heard? Thanks
    Send me an email re: 2000 Venture if you want to hear about my 99.
    One of the motoring mags, runs a test on minivans this month, featuring the LS, Nissan Quest, Mazda MPV, Sienna and latest 2001 Chrysler van.

They put the LS and Quest at tied fourth, and usual niggles by the writers about interior switches etc. However it is the fastest in its class.

We have the 2000 LT 8 seater, and after 15,000 miles it has been mechanically fautless and good MPG (upto 32) on long trips. The 3.4 V6 engine can be a little noisy at first, but a silent highway cruiser on long trips.

If you are into home maintenance, changing the oil is about it, even the airfilter is like wrestling with the devil.

Good luck
  • kymbokymbo Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased a 2000 Venture lease-return with 23,000 miles on it. Power everything. At first the power door was wouldn't stay closed, it kept reopening but it seems to have corrected itself over this past week. But other than that I just love it! We rented a Venture for a road trip this past June and I just fell in love with it. Although I had researched and re-researched and had decided to buy a Ford Windstar, top of the line, I drove one and just hated it. We went for the Venture instead and I'm still glad we did. I drove a Chevy Lumina sedan for 138,000 miles and only replaced the alternator once, the tires twice and the battery once. Other than that, no problems whatsoever. Hope this Venture is the same!
  • chrisc61chrisc61 Member Posts: 1
    Gary, what part of the county are you in ??
    If our dealers would have come up with that sort of price for us, we would have jumped at it [ central Fl ]the best offer they would do for a venture lx with cd was $26,100 & that was not including tax & title [ but did include the $3000 or 0% apr ]I told my husband if we could get one at that price it would be worth travelling to get it at that price.
    We have been looking at the venture & like it very much, would love to hear from anyone who has one, good or bad comments !
    We were loking at a dodge durango but read a lot of negatives about it so we are looking at vans again !!
    Any help/comments much appreciated.
    Thanks
  • re025901re025901 Member Posts: 7
    Take a look at response # 575. It is still available.
  • newgmbuyernewgmbuyer Member Posts: 11
    Just bought a new 2000 LT with leather- $26,100. Also got 5 yr 0% financing. Combined with $3600 GM card rebate- I couldn't pass it up. I almost gave up on finding a yr 2000 close to what we wanted, but there are a few still out there. Never owned a GM before. This was the most pleasant car buying experience ever (dealer was great) lets hope ownership goes the same way....
  • sam2078sam2078 Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to purchase a used 2000 Chevy Venture Value Van. The van has 17K miles, power everything, and is in excellent condition. The owner is asking $14,500. Is this a good buy? I see brand new Ventures listing for $18,400 at a local dealership. Are there any Venture owners out there that are dissatisfied with their vans? This is my first domestic car purchase!
  • cptpltcptplt Member Posts: 1,075
    I have a 2000 Venture LS with 15K , hasn't given us any problems yet. Which has suprised me as I've hated GM products for about 3 decades! I also have a 2000 Windstar SE with 6K which has been back to have a new accelerator pedal unit and a new gear shift lever (those are the "safety" items which needed fixing, I won't bore you with the trim ones!) When they hit 50-60K then I'll make my final opinion about how good they are or aren't!
    14K for a car with 17K miles doesn't sound too bad. You lose several grand the minute you drive off the lot!
  • johnfsmithjohnfsmith Member Posts: 1
    My 2000 Venture LT has water leaks.

Water accumulates in the rear quarter panel where the jack is stored. During heavy rainfalls the water also leaks at the joints in the paneling of the inside rear storage area. Purchased in March noticed large quantity of water in storage area in July. Since August Van has been back to dealer five (5) times. Forth (4th) time area representative present during fix. Fifth (5th) time was by Chevy Engineer as service representative identified him. Car Still leaks.

Recommend anyone buying a Venture perform a water leak test on vehicle before acceptance of vehicle.
    Run water for approximately 15 minutes over top of vehicle. Vehicle should be on slight angle to allow water to run off the Right Hand Side of the car by the Automatic Door. Check inside paneling for water drops and jack storage area. Other cars returned to my dealer also have leaks in the overhead console information center.

Anyone else have water problems. Please post if you do and if fix was found.
  • jnattjnatt Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2000 venture plus and also experienced problems with water in the jack area, however the dealer could not find where it was coming from so I took it upon myself and discovered it was coming from the rubber boots when you open the hatch they are mounted on the van to cover the electrical wires and such. I found they was'nt sealing against the van surface, and every time it would rain or I would wash it the water would roll right under the seal and run right down to either the jack area or sometimes the driver side area.give it a look and let me know . goodluck
    as I discovered when replacing a flat last week (swapping tires was very easy using the toolkit). I suppose my rubber boots are also leaking....how have y'all fixed this? Offhand, I'm tempted to try Shoe Goo or equivalent.
  • brains444brains444 Member Posts: 1
    My 1997 Venture is 3 1/2 years old with 55k miles and it is in the shop with a cracked head and major damage to the engine. As a result a new engine is being installed. Up until now we have been very happy with the car. We are not sure how or why this happened. We have always brought it in for its regular maintenance, which is usually just an oil change or a tire rotation. Has anyone out there had the same problem?
  • tmckay2tmckay2 Member Posts: 4
    Hello folks,

I have a 1998 Pontiac Transport, but since it was a Venture clone and there seem to be more folks here...

My driver's side wiper blade comes all the way past the windshield and wraps around slightly to the top of the drivers door. It tends to wear out the blades more quickly, and it makes an annoying "thump" when the blade slides off the glass and over the edge :)

I have mentioned this multiple times to the dealer when I am in for an oil change, but they haven't done anything. It doesn't seem to me that the blade arm can be easily calibrated; I tried by loosening the nut and moving the arm down. Didn't work.

Anybody else had this problem, or am I just lucky?

Trev
  • ronsmith38ronsmith38 Member Posts: 228
    I had this problem with my 2000 Silhouette. The dealer fixed it right away by replacing the arm assembly; it was bent, but not very noticeable.
  • awagon1awagon1 Member Posts: 5
    Can one of the Venture owners in North America answer this? I'm living in Europe and took delivery of my 99 Venture here. I was thinking the daytime running lights were wired into the headlights (fine in Europe). In my vehicle, my running lights are always the parking lights. Running around with the parking lights on is frowned upon (not legal) in many parts of Europe, especially where I live. The van is awesome for highway and trips. Parking is not easy in big cities.
    Yes. My '97 Venture uses the parking lights for the day time running lights. It's odd the Europeans have a problem with that.
  • sintrasintra Member Posts: 15
    I had exactly the the same wiper blade problem 2 years ago and the dealer fixed it. It made a terrible noise each time I started the wipers, but only when driving fast. I live in Europe and my minivan is an Opel Sintra, which is a short wheelbase Venture with a 200 hp Cadillac Catera engine. It was built in the same plant as the Venture, in Doraville, Georgia.
  • harshweharshwe Member Posts: 5
    The problem is with the rubber boots at the top of the rear hatch. I had this problem in mid-April within the 1st week of ownership and it took 3 attempts to fix!

The rubber boots for the 2000 models are a clip style that relies on the geometric gap to create the seal. The 1999 models have a design like the side door hoses where there the rubber boot ends are threaded and make a better seal.

The fix was to apply a silicone sealant to all four ends of both hoses... I hope this helps...
  • awagon1awagon1 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the responses.

Nothing is odd in Europe, just European. They use parking lights when they stop in the road, or double park (I live in Paris). They do not show parking lights when the vehicle is moving.

To the Sintra driver, I see lots of Sintras here. Lots of the panels look the same. The Opel dealer does my routine maintenance.
  • micnsumicnsu Member Posts: 3
    Hi. My husband and I are shopping for our 1st minivan and drove the Venture today. When I drove, I noticed that the glass was a little funny...like it was warped. The only way I can describe it is that it's like looking through a window with really old glass. The dealer, of course, didn't see it, and neither did my husband. Has anyone else noticed this? It was about half way up on the driver's side. I saw it on 2 different Ventures.
    Sorry for getting a little off topic but I have to ask this question. Don't they have emergency flashers in Europe? That's what is used in US when someone pulls off the road or double parks.
  • agt_cooperagt_cooper Member Posts: 202
    I once made an insurance company replace my windshield in a Plymouth Laser 3 times until they found one without optical deformities. It was replaced initially because of rock damage from a dump truck, and after the first replacement, I would actually get physically ill driving my car!!

The insurance company thought I was crazy, but I consulted with my eye doctor, who confirmed the deformity (in the windshield, not me!!!) and explained that people with astigmatism (me) are very sensitive to distortion.

My advice, if you see a problem in the windshield, keep looking!! I do own a Pontiac Montana (similar to the Venture) and haven't seen anything in my windshield, so maybe the one you're looking at comes from a bad batch of glass. Look for vehicles manufactured weeks or months apart to see if they all share the same flaw.
  • micnsumicnsu Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much! My husband will definitely be reading your post. I KNEW I was seeing something. Just looking through it made my head hurt. Well, we test drove the Toyota Sienna today and are going to go with that one. Drives very nice...even my husband who is an American Car fan liked it and commented on how solid it felt. Sorry Chevrolet...those windshields are warped!
  • re025901re025901 Member Posts: 7
    I've got some great "tips" for getting the best deal from ANY Dealer. I used to sell cars for a few years and want to help those who are looking. I'm not selling anything and am not charging a fee. Email me at bofuspo@yahoo.com
  • evetevet Member Posts: 1
    Bought a brand new Venture 2000 in March, I love everything about it, we bought the WB edtion, and within the last couple of weeks I have been noticing my temp gauge rise, when I are driving in heavy traffic, usually when you are at a stop and go, it starts to rise, but when the traffic is flowing its pretty normal, is anyone else noticing this problem any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Most vehicles have a range of normal operating temperatures. Usually, on the highway, the temperature will remain in the lower reaches of that range. At a standstill, you are likely to hit the upper limits.

What you describe is probably normal, but you can do the following to make sure:

1. Check the owners manual for a description of the normal limits. If the gauge doesn't go above the maximum specified in the manual, you're probably okay.

2. Next time you're in traffic, roll down your window a little and watch the gauge and listen for the electric radiator fan. As the temperature gauge rises, the fan should kick on, and then you'll see the temp. fall a little.

If these two tests check out okay, I'd say you're fine, but a trip to a mechanic might give you more peace of mind.....
  • cabbbaileycabbbailey Member Posts: 12
    I have had my "98 Venture for about a month now. It has just over 50,000 miles on it, and recently I have noticed a raw gas smell, especially on the drivers side. I just took it in for an oil change, and I had the dealer look at it. He kept it for 2 days, and replaced the purge cannister. He said it was full. It was OK for 2 days after that. But now the smell has returned, and my Venture will be returned to the dealer for more repairs. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • cptpltcptplt Member Posts: 1,075
    its a little different to the 'emergency flashers", you can selectively turn on what is essentially the turn signal light just on one side of the car and have it on continuously without flashing.
    why do GM use the "turn signal" as its DRL when almost everyone else uses the headlights????
    does anyone know if you can use a brighter bulb in the Ventures headlight, the beam is so dark I thought I was going blind!
  • lrssms1lrssms1 Member Posts: 1
    After purchasing my 2000 Venture in 3/00 for my wife, we found the vehicle shutting off at low speeds. My wife almost racked the van up on a highway exit. We took the van to a different dealer, (great service department) and after two tries, the dealer figured out the the wiring harness had become disconnected from its fastener to the firewall, made connection with the manifold and melted creating a short. I filed a complaint with the consumer protection agency and would suggest everyone with this problem do the same. Its the only way to get a recall.

My only other complaint is getting the dam change oil light to reset. I change my oil every 3-4K, not the 7,500 recommended. Therefore I can't use the oil life monitoring system because I change the oil more frequently. Its a fight every time.

Other than these issues, my wife would never give up the van and my kids love it.

I got the plus value - extended with the upgraded cd radio system and rear air conditioning. I've had the van now for 10 months have have put 15,000 miles on it.

I took a close look at the Ford Winstar and Dodge Caravan and clearly found the Venture a better buy.
    Refer above message and have consistently changed the oil myself every 3000 plus new GM Filter. I have found that Exxon 5-30 Superflo to give the best gas mileage. (I used Castrol GTX 5-30 twice and the mpg went down so reverted back to Exxon and back to higher mpg).

In reading the handbook, 7500 is the top mileage for an oil change and cannot imagine there is much integrity left in the oil. The value/cost of an oil change versus potential engine damage is a compelling reason for me to stick to the 3000.

I reset the oil change light each time and have not had a problem. The handbook is clear that the system measures other criteria - heat/engine revs and not mileage based.

We are close to 18000 on an LT since March and we love the long haul/distance capability - college, ice hockey etc.
  • newgmbuyernewgmbuyer Member Posts: 11
    I have a strange 'problem' with my new 2000 LT- a couple of times now I have noticed the headlights flicker- or dim- for a split second while driving. It doesn't seem to matter whether the headlight switch is on or the photo sensor has turned the lights on. No big deal yet but it seems strange- anyone else see this? Also- as a response to a previous comment- I have seen the overhead display get brighter briefly although I have only seen it once.
    I have a Montana, and I've seen the flicker as well. In one of the GM trio forums, I saw someone say that GM had issue some kind of advisory to service managers that replacing the alternator will get rid of this problem.

I'm in no hurry to do this, though....I kind of go with the "unless its broken, don't fix it" rule.
  • harshweharshwe Member Posts: 5
    During our recent Thanksgiving trip, I found water leaking in several spots... I originally had problems with the rubber boots at the top of the rear hatch in April (see earlier posts) that took 3 attempts to fix... so the dealer wasn't really thrilled to see me in again...

the leading bottom corner of all four side popout windows was leaking (the wife felt a draft and I told her she was imaging things and then the next day in the rain it let water in the next day!)

and I found good couple of inches of water in jack area (due to previous posts regarding this problem)

I got the service manager at the dealership to talk with GM technical support before he got the vehicle...

solution to side popout windows... they put some silicone spray on the side windows and mentioned this has to do with less body stiffness due to the dual sliding doors... my response (being an engineer) was that they should have put more stiffness in the frame / floor and/or the roof... I can't wait till it does it again... I don't think GM is the only one is this design situation... if that is the case, what happens to the new quad door full-size pickups with a good load in the rear?

solution to the jack area... they sealed the jack area front the inside and outside and then sprayed an undercoating on the outside area... they found one of the body seals was not fully welded...
  • alvinskialvinski Member Posts: 8
    I have a air bag light that keeps coming on. It has been to the dealership 5 times and they are very confident that it is fixed, as they were the previous times. Does anyone else have this problem? It will help in my lemon law case against the company. Thank you for your help. It is a 2000 LT. You can e-mail me at
    alvin_ruffle@urmc.rochester.edu Have a great holiday everyone.