Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Cavalier

Comments

• 216591216591 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the help. I did find the service bulletin on the web for the defective head gasket. The dealer still said they didn't have it. When she mentioned talking to GM about it they 'found' it and did the work free of charge. They were trying to charge her $1400. The dealer said they were going to have to do alot of paperwork to get reimbursed from gm. Do you think they would not inform someone of the Service Bulletin to avoid paperwork?
  • floridianfloridian Member Posts: 219
    216591: Just another example of the slezy way most dealers do business. They count on people not being informed and they will use ANY slimey, low life trick to make a few bucks. All makes, all models, makes no difference. Why do you think that car dealers are held in the lowest level of trust against all other professionals. When you get lower than lawyers then it's really bad.

When having ANY dealings with car dealers watch your back and keep your hand on your wallet !!

Floridian
  • vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    If you want to talk about Cavalier problems, I am the right one to talk to about them. I had a 1996 (bought used) for a total of 3 months. In those three months, the car was in the shop 8 TIMES!!! From the front strut to the muffler (twice!) to the leaky power steering pump and squeaky interior parts, i was disgusted! I finally got rid of it, but had to pay $3000 (I was upside down on the trade value) to do so. I will NEVER buy another GM vehicle (or American car) as long as I live. Also, mine used to stall for no reason at all. After having almost 3 accidents in heavy traffic, there was still no fix. They reprogrammed the engine computer, checked the transmission and everything, to no avail. Glad I am finally rid of it. You all should do the same.
    www.lemonaidcars.com

This site shows "secret" warranties the companies do not want you to know about. Just go to the site and click on "secret warranties watch". There are ways to get new engines in your Cavaliers, free paint jobs, and more. Check it out and pass it on to EVERYONE you can! Together, we consumers can make these car companies treat us right or make them go bankrupt trying!
  • james102james102 Member Posts: 2
    Am considering a '99 or '00 Cavalier with auto trans. as a tow car behind a motor home. The Cavalier is one of few with auto trans. rated by manufacturer as suitable for towing. Would be interested in learning of others experience using the Cavalier as a tow car. Am also considering the Pontiac Sunfire. jamccl@aol.com
    Thank you ...
  • bdubnerbdubner Member Posts: 2
    My mother and father have a motorhome and they tow my 98 Cavalier LS. The 4 speed transmission is the only Cavalier that can be towed. Plus before you start towing the car, there is a fuse that you need to remove. Check your owners manual for the right fuse to pull.
  • bdubnerbdubner Member Posts: 2
    Forgot one thing. In 1998, when my car was new. My father has these magnetic brake lights that mount onto the trunk lid. He did not use any felt pads underneath the magnetic brake lights which left circle scratch marks on the trunk lid of my brand new car.
  • james102james102 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the comments. They are much appreciated and I will use them as I evaluate both cars. The Cavalier appears to be the better car for towing. Thanks again ...
  • bohica10bohica10 Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to put my two cents worth in here. I just bought a 2000 Cavy LS sedan w/4 spd. auto and the 2.2L engine for a vehicle for my daughters to get around in last Nov. I must say, the more I drive it, the more I like it. It now has 7K miles on it and I think that its the perfect vehicle for my girls. In fact, my oldest is a Freshman at Florida State and she is buying it off us in April. When that happens, I won't hesitate to get another one. There is some little rattles here and there that I have noticed, but they are only when its cold out, and you hit pretty good sized bump. The traction control and ABS are nice statndard safety features that have worked excellent so far. I have the pleasure of knowing the owner of Chevy dealer who got a new Cavy for his daughter who rolled it 3 times with three other kids in the car. All four were wearing their seat belts and all four walked away from the accident. The air bags deplayed as designed by the way. The engine does get a bit noisy at the upper end of the RPM range but its really short term until you get to cruising RPM. I haven't noticed any of the problems that I seen posted here but I will certainly keep you updated as the miles pile up.
  • andy61andy61 Member Posts: 4
    For those who want to see my previous note go back to post #83. Unfortunately I have not received any advise on how to fix a stiff gas pedal, possibly nobody knows how to fix it or never had such problem. Dealer still refusing to acknowledge the problem that still persisting. BTW dealer had no problems replacing marker lights last winter as they got moisture inside and I thought the problem was over, however same problem I got this winter. I believe GM has problem with it as well, and it is no fun to get electrical shortage in your car. Also in a winter time (btw I am in Toronto,Canada) moisture condensation is behind the glass covering gages, but dealer says there is no fix for it. As you can imagine there is already a film build up on that glass even if moisture evaporates.
    Also I have a question about maintenance. Dealer is trying to convince me that a caliper service is needed every 20K. They did a general safety inspection and no problem was found, brakes are also perfect (75% of lining remaining after 20K), however dealer still recommending some caliper service that would cost me about $80 or $100 I can not find a reason for. Can anyone explain me how would I know if that service is necessary or not. Thank you in advance for help.
  • sunfgtsunfgt Member Posts: 40
    I have a 96 Sunfire GT (2.4L, 4 speed auto), supposedly the same as a Z-24. I also have had problems with a stiff gas pedal, but not in the same way. When I left the car for anywhere from 15 minutes - 2 hours and then drove it again, I got this stiff pedal business. For shorter or longer times, there is no problem. Fortunately, this stiffness isn't as bad as what you've experienced. Once I can push the pedal past the stuck point, and drive around a little bit, then it's fine. Haven't bothered to get the dealer to look at it; my warranty's up and they like charging for everything, and I tend to always leave the car for many hours before driving again. It still is a bit of a safety problem in areas like parking lots, because once I get past the initial stiffness, the force of my foot send the pedal further than I like, resulting in an unwanted surge of acceleration.

As for moisture behind the instrument panel cover, I would say that it is more likely due to poor design for extreme temperatures rather than excess humidity that is to blame. In Vancouver, it's a lot more humid, but at least it's warmer. It appears that GM designers didn't design their cars for the rigours of Canadian winters
    Thank you for your note, I really appreciate it. At least I know that my stiff gas pedal is not my imagination since you have similar problem.
  • gba2michgba2mich Member Posts: 22
    I might think that either the throttle linkage is binding, or the throttle body needs to be cleaned......
  • sunfgtsunfgt Member Posts: 40
    Is it possible for me to make a simple check on the throttle linkage or throttle body myself without having to go to the dealer, or is it too complicated for an amatuer to do?
  • gba2michgba2mich Member Posts: 22
    disconnect the accelerator linkage from the lever on the throttle body, and then move the throttle body lever by hand...if it is stiff, binds, or seems to catch, you should start by having the throttle body cleaned (best done if removed--note that removal of the throttle body will require a new gasket, a wire brush, and a can or so of carb cleaner.....fairly easy to do...so long as you don't make any adjustments to the linkage itself...
    Thank you for your input. I still have a feeling the problem is not a throttle system, because:
    1. after dealer replaced throttle cable and it is for sure not binding the problem remains (or I should say as per paper work it is stated that the dealer replaced the cable but I have no way to know whether it was done or not, may be he just completed paper work and got coverage by warranty - you can not trust these guys).
    2. on my third visit to the dealer he showed me how to move throttle body lever by hand and it is moving quite easy
    3. stiffness is not constant, now I kind of notice a pattern: in the morning when engine is cold the gas pedal is always fine for about 5-10 min, then it becomes gradually stiff. If I go shopping and leave car parked from 30 min to about 2 hours, and drive it again the pedal is fine again but now it is fine for a long time, often for as long as I may drive.
    4. when pedal is stiff, not only me but even a passenger on the front seat could feel that engine becomes kind of stubborn and refuses to run and accelerate smoothly
    All of the above brings me to a conclusion that the problem is with engine or some other systems controlling the flow of gas or air to the engine and as the result we feel how engine is roaring plus there is a response back to a gas pedal. By the way the gas pedal feels different when engine is not running - so it has two way communication as we can influence the engine and it replies back to us. Or it might be a matter of some other components being warmed up or not.
  • delliottdelliott Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone had the problem of squeaky or noisy hubcaps? Our plastic hubcaps make a terrible noise. Is there any cure for this on our 1996 Cavalier?
  • dweezildweezil Member Posts: 271
    Some of the references i made about the cavalier were posted in the coupe section on Cavaliers, such as the safety, etc. It would be worth it for someone considering a new or used one to read those postings too. Am averaging a minimum of 22 in mixed street and highway and up to 35 on freeway alone. Ive kept records of every drop of gas Ive put in it, since day one. Does anyone know of an after market under hood pad.While I much prefer the sound of the 2.2 over the Iron Duke 2.5, as i said previously in a city this noisy, I want as much quiet as possible. The engine isnt that loud or unpleasant, I would just like more sound insulation.I dont care for the hollow sound of my 99 and if any one out there has any suggestions on placing insulation or other after market sound deadening materials Id love to hear your suggestions. Its a great all around car, but Ive got my own fetishes.
  • 216591216591 Member Posts: 5
    Need some advice here. I was just told my '95 cavalier with 75K needs a new engine. A month ago I had the alternator and head gasket replaced. Besides this the car has needed three new transmissions. The dealer is estmating the cost at $3500. Should I fight this repair? Could the previous repair for gaskett and alternator have messed up something else? What do you do in a case like this? I just want to get it running and sell it. Should I ask for a rebuilt engine? HOw much should that be?
    Check on the website:

http://www.lemonaidcars.com and go to secret warranties.

There are several for the Cavalier including new head gaskets and the like. It may save you some money, so check into it!
    Reference my previous message on squeaking hubcaps. I should have said this applies to a 1997 Cavalier with plastic bolt on type hubcaps. Hasn't anyone else had this problem?
  • shyontsshyonts Member Posts: 1
    I've definitely had the same problem with my Cavalier. I suspect many others have too, since Chevy was putting those plastic bolts on the hubcaps since the late 80s. Since the bolts are strictly for decorative purposes, I got down and wedged a little bit of black electrical tape between the bolt and the hubcap. If you do it right, you can wedge something where it is out of sight and it'll hold the bolt in place so it won't make noise.
  • 79377937 Member Posts: 390
    I have a 99 Cavalier 2.2 liter automatic. Have had it for 15 months and done 10k miles. No problems yet whatsoever. My wheelcovers don't squeak but if they did I would take them off and spray silicon lubricant on the back of them and bolt them back on.
    Thanks to shyonts and 7937 for your answers to squeaking hubcaps. We will try these suggested solution and see if they work.
  • spoiledwvspoiledwv Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 1996 Cavalier in December 1995 and luckily I purchased the additional warranty with it. Within first 6months and less than 10,000 miles it was in the shop 4 times for transmission leak. Finally they replaced the transmission completely. Then in 1997 it was in the shop 2times b/c it would cut off while at stop light. They still are not sure what happened but it hasn't done it since. Then it had to be towed in again in 1997 due to fuel pump went out, so they had to replace it (w/less than 18,000 miles). And now again I am having several leaks and transmission problems. They have replaced barring in the transmission, they have done work on my power steering, shifting rod and other numerous parts that I haven't a clue what they are called. I have paid a deductible 2 times w/in 40 days and since December 1999 my car has been in the shop 6 times for over 45 days and that is where it is as of today I had to take it back again due to my engine coolant light has come on and will not go off. I hope that if anyone else out there is listening and is going to purchase a used 1996 Cavalier...I hope you think twice! It is in the Consumers Report for a "bad" choice so to speak due to the transmission problems. And for those of you who own a 1996 Cavalier I sure hope you have had better luck than I, b/c I wouldn't want anyone to go through the mental stress that I have been put through with my first brand new car! I had 2 used cars before I purchased this one new, and combined I never had to have them worked on besides the usual oil, tires, brakes, plugs and general maintenance for upkeep. I am now in the process of writing GMC to report all of the trouble I have had and how unhappy I am. I have reported it several times and have a file w/GMC call center but found no customer satisfaction with them. I too have had the dashboard rattling but I can deal with that, but getting to point B from point A w/out worry is what I can't deal with any longer and my additional warranty will be up in December. My car now has 55,000 miles on it and I refuse to sell it to someone knowing the problems that I have had w/it. I am trying to get GMC to purchase it and let them be responsible for selling this lemon twice! (If you have any of the similar problems, please respond!)
  • tbsrtbsr Member Posts: 2
    I'm a kindergarten teacher who lives in rural Alaska, population of 450. I need your help!

My 1981 GMC truck has been terric. I've driven it in -50 below. I'm looking for a 2000 Chevy Cavalier to purchase right away!

1.Does anyone have any experience with this vehicle in cold weather?

2. Also, our town only has 1.5 miles of gravel road that I will travel on daily. Can a new Cavalier hold up under these conditions with an average daily mileage of 6 miles per day?

3. MSRP and dealer invoice for Alaska does not seem to apply. My nearest dealers (which are 350 airmiles away), are pricing the base Cavalier with automatic tranny at $14,150 minus a $1000 rebate for an initial price of $13,150. Considering my location in Alaska, is this a fair price or am I being taken to the cleaners? I got higher price quotes online and in the "lower 48."

Here's a little something to think about: it will cost an additional $3000 for me to fly the thing here to our town. We are very, very, remote; so you can appreciate the need for advice since this vehicle will never see a dealer's shop.
    Thanks in advance to all who respond.
  • dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    A friend of mine has a 99 Cavalier and he lives just north of Sudbury Ontario. No problems, and it gets pretty cold at night in January up there. GM has a test center in Timmins Ont., which is just a bit further north. Not sure about the prices though. Good luck.
    The Cavaliers are cheap and all that, but they lack quality. The interiors feel cheap, and their reliability is not all that good either. The 1992-99 used models are "cars to avoid" according to Consumer Reports. I would recommend a Sentra, Corolla, Civic, or Protege instead of the Cavalier.
    I would take what CR says with a grain of salt. Most other car review magazines give Cavalier an average reliability rating which is exactly what it should have. Not as good as Civic, but and average and less expensive. That's why Chevy sells so many of them. It's great value for some basic transportation, end of story. (This excludes the Z24 which is pretty kool).
    I had a 1996 Cavalier. It broke down 8 times in 6 weeks. The P/S pump had to replaced, along with the strut, trunk lock, and eventually fuel pump. Also, the back brakes had to be serviced twice and the front ones use to grind. And to add to it, the dealer was rude too. That is the reason I got rid of it and got a Mazda. It will be a loooong time before I buy another American car. Just my experiences and opinion.
    I have the 99 2.2 liter 4spd automatic Cavalier sedan and so far no problems. I also take CR with a grain of salt. My brother-in-law has a 92 Buick Skylark and a 92 Mercury Topaz both which are classed as "used cars to avoid" by CR. In both cases the cars have given him good service and the only things replaced were the batteries. Both are well over 150k miles. The automatic transmissions are fine.
    Just took over a lease on a 99 2.2L Cavalier last week. Air/cruise/auto/AM/FM Cass. CR said avoid so I went for it. I needed a cheap second car for my wife to get to the train and it's perfect. Not super refined, but not too bad either. With a 1.9% lease rate and a 60K warranty, how can you go wrong? A lot better than the 7.1% Honda is charging these days on the Civic.
    I see that my 99 Cavalier has 18 NHTSA service bulletins as opposed to the 2000 Ford Focus which has already got 23. Also, owners of the Focus are venting off in the Town Hall chat about problems. I thought the Focus was designed in Europe so should be better hmmm..... I'm happy with eLcheapo Cav thanks.
  • lochbuielochbuie Member Posts: 2
    I've owned two of the present series, a '95 and a '98, both sedans with 5 speed manual transmission. I immediately noticed increased body roll on the '98 but also a torquier (though less powerful on paper) engine. Pluses: decent stereo; reasonably comfortable seats; powerful A/C; relaxed highway cruiser. Minuses: manual transmission (GM, unlike Ford, just doesn't seem to believe in the concept of a manual trans as anything but an economy measure -- their automatics are the best; maybe the Getrag trans on the 2000 is better). Other minuses: reliability record not up to [non-permissible content removed] standards (not my experience though); fit and finish a bit sloppy; non-availability of the OHC engine with a five speed in the sedan. But it definitely feels like a little Chevy, which I like. And with the money saved I can travel to Europe and fly airplanes for fun on Saturday mornings.
    Warming to my theme, I see that the 1999 Ford Escort has 46 NHTSA service bulletins as opposed to 23 for the 99 Cavalier. Something's wrong here! Consumer Reports gave the Cavalier a thumbs down and the Escort was recommended.
    Sorry, there are only 18 service bulletins for the 99 Cavalier. It's the 2000 Ford Focus has already got 23.
    Drove the "new" 99 around town a lot this week. It certainly takes getting used to (my car is a 2000 Intrigue), but for the money you get great basic transportation.

Anyone who is looking for just that.. buy/lease a Cavalier and use the savings for a new deck. that's what I'm doing! Mmmm, BBQ and beer on the deck. Thankfully summer is almost here.
  • rdeschenerdeschene Member Posts: 331
    tbsr. Seeing how you are writing from someplace not accessible by road, I suggest you consider an ATV for the summer and a snowmachine for the winter. It's a change in the way of thinking, but it's a different world you're living in now. Ask around and check out what other people use. If all you've got are short, small logging roads, to travel on these will deal with the ruts and washboard much better, and I'm betting there's a TON of people in town who maintain them themselves.

You can probably get a new, decent model of each for less than what you'd pay for a Cavalier, and if you'll have something to go out on trips with with friends too. The fuel economy and oil changes, etc. should be cheaper too.
  • 91689168 Member Posts: 1
    Where did you find the service bulletin for the '94 Cavalier? I know two people who have that car both w/ automatic transmissions that have blown head gaskets.
    I don't think it's a service bulletin. Chevy isn't that honest (believe me, I had a '96 Cavalier and dropped it for a Mazda). Anyway, go to http://www.lemonaidcars.com and then click on Secret Warranties. That is where you'll find it.
    My friend has a 1996 Cavalier coupe with the 2.2 and auto-3. He presently has 100K on the car and just had about $800 worth of work (catalytic converter, computer, and fuel pump) done on the car in the past two months. Last night, he was turning from a side street to a main street. He pushed on the gas and heard this very loud bang and smoke started filling the interior and coming from under the hood. He blew the engine and fried the tranny! At 100,000 miles? That's a good car for ya!
  • malibu99malibu99 Member Posts: 305
    What caused it? I'm sure there is more to it. How did the transmission go also? Sounds like a simple head gasket problem. Cut the freaking car some slack it's a compact ECONOMY car, not a luxury sedan. Geez get a life.
    The car only had 100,000 miles on it. Civics are compact economy cars too, and I have heard of them lasting AT LEAST 200,000 without problems like that. Cavaliers look, feel, and even sound cheap when driving them. No getting around it. Ask an automotive publication and they will also back me up on this. I had one too, so I know how they are. And the dealers are the biggest jerks in the world as well. Don't wanna admit to anything going wrong with the cars.

He said the coolant didn't leak or anything, so I have no idea what caused it. He is just going to get another car (Mazda or Toyota-- smart boy) and junk the Cavalier.
    Well the Protege is not exactly the cream of the crop either. That's why you see NO ONE driving them and that's why they sell so little. Also keep in mind it is a cheap car because that is what it is a CHEAP transportation. I laugh at people like you, the immediate answer is to switch to the import. Think again though, Civics have gone through worse problems at 100,000. What you have heard is the "good" rumors about the Civic but if you really look and research you will see that cars are cars and no matter who makes them they ALL have had issues at 100,000 miles. Oh wait, but you should be proud of your Mazda, it's after all another Ford product, what a joke.
    "And the dealers are the biggest jerks in the world
    as well. Don't wanna admit to anything going wrong
    with the cars."

This is Honda you are talking about right? Because everyone says that EVERY Honda dealership always denies that anything is wrong with their cars when they are wrong. Well, my fiance just bought a new 2000 Cavalier LS loaded and saved abundle, with that money we are going on a cruise. Sounds like a better deal, oh and consumer guide recommends the Cavalier every year. You get what you pay for, Cheap transportation and teh Cavalier delivers that with no problems. Say what you must, more people put their trust in Cavalier than Protege, poor Mazda.
    More people buy Cavaliers because they are bargain basement priced. Some people don't care that they are cheaply built or can't afford anything else. And some Cavaliers go on trouble-free forever. But most of them don't.

And you need to do your research bud. The Protege is all Mazda designed, engineered, and built. Not one part in it is made by Ford. They may have helped with the financing, but Mazda did all the rest. Now that we resolved that issue...

Anyway, I am glad your fiance bought a new Cavalier and is taking a cruise and all. She bought what she liked and I bought what I like. It's just that it's proven that domestic cars have more problems in general to foreign cars. Ask anyone and they will tell you the same thing. Also, check Consumer Reports (April 2000) for past and present reliability issues (about 400,000 or so readers surveyed for info) on all cars. And in there, Cavaliers from 1992-99 are "Used cars to avoid". Protege is a "Good bet".
    Seems like most of the American companies are in their "avoid" column. hmmm..... Wonder why???
    CR isn't the be all end all of publications Vocus. Cavaliers are generally good cars for basic transportation. They are reliable and a great value. We have a 99 Cavalier as a second around town car and you couldn't ask for more for the price. ABS, traction control, cruise, air, auto, ps/pb/pl, keyless entry ect. ect. ect. for about $18k CDN ($12K U.S.). 1.9% lease rate to boot. Civic can't compare on a price level. Sure it's more refined, but it's a lot more expensive too.

Don't know what happened to your friend, but there isn't anything wrong with this car in general. It's not the best, but it's definitely one of the best values out there which is why it's a best seller!
    There are two ways to buy a car.

1) Buy what you like and what has proven to be reliable to YOUR family, not CR. My family has owned 2 Luminas ( 95, 98), 1 Beretta( 94) ( mine), 1 Malibu ( 99, mine also), 1 Monte Carlo ( 1980), 2 Cavaliers. They have ALL been trouble free. The monte Carlo has 240,000 and it just went in for a power steering pump and a new radiator. Despite what CR says they have proven VERY reliable. Your statement revised would be " MOST Cavaliers are very reliable andd go forever, SOME have trouble. GM makes MORE cars than your Protege so yes the more cars you make the more the chances of a lemon.

2) Being a Leming and following what magazines say as the word of the Lord. Obviously you bought your car because a magazine called it a Best Buy. What does that mean? Really what value does it carry? So if a magazine says that eating raw eggs would make you rich you would go ahead and follow. That is pretty sad. The Cavalier is actually a RECOMMENDED car by Consumer Reports, Consumers Guide , and AAA. So even though I DO NOT follow magazine reviews, here they are for you.

We chose to buy the Cavalier because Chevrolet has ALWAYS been tehre for us. They have PROVEN to be Reliable and have proven CR to be faulty, biased. Glad you bought what you like but I don't believe for one moment that " my friend's car" story. Why didn't your "friend" post it? There is no such thing as the engine going and the tranny following unlesss he was doing something wrong or the people who installed the catalitic converter screwed up. I know cars my friend and I know Chevies pretty well, what you describe is only a hoax. Hope your Protege goes for more than 100,000 miles without trouble because if it doesn't you're gonna feel quite embarrased. Either way, no hars feeling, this is car talk, enjoy your new purchase. :-)
    I guess it's because I had such a bad experience with my Cavalier is why I am against them. A friend of mine had one and beat the hell out of it, changed the oil every 10,000 miles, and did nothing to it. Hers ran fine up to 70,000 miles when she let the loan company repossess it. :) Guess she can't keep up with anything. Anyway, someone else had one and it ran fine too. Mine was very poor. Just didn't understand how a car with only 31,051 miles on it could have soooo many problems. My friend's never had trouble until about 70,000, then water pumps started going left and right, the catalytic converter went, the fuel pump (common on Cavaliers from what I hear). Then at 100,000, it died. Never heard of a car doing that though, at least not one that was maintained properly (which his was). Also, the numbers don't lie. In general, foreign cars are more reliable. They don't sell in as much volume, but I would rather spend a little more for a car that holds up longer. Maybe me, but it just seems foreign cars last longer.

Also, as far as what Cons. Reports says, I am going to listen to them, because I would rather have a reliable car that costs a little more than a cheap one that doesn't.
    Before this 99 Cavalier we have as a second car, I had a 91 Cavalier RS (with the 3.1L v6) as my primary car. What a great car that was. Gobs of torque, reliable and an all-round great car. The only complaint I had was rust on the doors. This was the reason I sold it in 1997 with 138K on the dial.

Came back to Cavalier this year for a second car because the other one was so good. So far with 15K on the dial... perfect. It's not super refined, but it's not bad. Great for around town.

vocus: Mite want to be careful when you say foreign. If you include korean, some Japanese and European marks, I would totally disagree with you.