Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler LHS

Comments

• I have a 94 LHS.While driving sometimes the interior,map and door open lights come on.After some driving it will flicker and go off but comes back on ..it's driving me crazy becuse I'm afraid that when I park it I'll come out to a dead battery. Any suggestion? Thanks
  • I know of one LH discussion where there are some mechanical adepts, DodgeIntrepid.net they are way beyond my mech skills and typical problems get dealt with fairly effectively. Chrysler has certainly fallen down in the past, AC, the 2.7, and some front end problems could have used a fix.
    All cars have problem tendencies, I know the Mercedes of late have had awful issues with their electronic gimmickry and they have terrible JDPower and CR ratings for reliability.
  • A copy of my orginal post---
    I have 99 LHS. A couple of years ago I started smelling fuel in the car, outside the car. They had a recal to replace O-rings? which made the fuel smell disappear. Now it ihas been for a while. Wondering if it is the same issue if I do not know what these O-rings are , what they do etc.
    Any info/advice someone can render I would love to hear . Thanks in advance
  • cooncoon Posts: 5
    I have a 96 lhs that i just bought from an individual, it didn"t have a sun roof cover .does anyone know where i can find one? Thanks in advance
  • my 94 chrysler lhs is over heating and their is no water circulating. My husband said engine gets hot but radiator stays cool. we have replaced hoses, water pump, and thermostat but car continues to overheat. any ideas would be great because we have none now.
  • The problem I have with my LHS (99) is I had a friend to replace spark plugs.. That was great... now I so ask him to do a flush on the car.. drain it and then use a granden hose to run water through it when water running through it some reason oil was coming from it 2,,, what happen????
  • cooncoon Posts: 5
    the o-rings are on the injectors, u can get an injector kit at oreillys parts for $17.95 that has the o-rings,installing them is another story
  • Anybody know if the '06 18 inch wheel and tire package will fit a 2000 300/LHS?
  • Hello...I have a 1994 chrysler lhs. Lately i have replaced battery and had altenator looked at test came back fine. The battery is still not holding a charge and my heater comes on automatically. Can someone shed some light on that?
  • Yesterday I had a belt break under the hood. When I popped the hood I saw 2 belts (well 1 that was ok) the Serpitine belt is fine. The belt that broke is connected to my, a/c compressor (which never worked) to the IDL (which I assume is an adjustment control) and around the Crank Shaft. The only thing I can figure is that this belt drives the a/c compressor and as long as I DON'T need the a/c would it be ok to go ahead and drive w/o this smaller belt? 3.5L engine it it...Thanks
  • Yes, it should be OK to drive the vehicle without this belt. What is wrong with the A/C?
  • Oh the a/c has never worked since I've owned the car (this past June) I was the victim of ID thieft and when I went to purchase a new car I found out. Thank god my Dad works as a Salesman for a Buick Dealership and this one came in the same day my Sebring bit the dust. I also have the display problem on my Infinity Stereo but was able to find my stations and set them w/u the display showing.
  • cf11cf11 Posts: 2
    how do i disconnect the factory alarm on the 92 fith ave. i want it permantly off. also whats the shut down relay for? thanlks..
  • I own a 97 Chrysler LHS an it has 120000 miles on it..i kno its about that time to get a new engine..only problem is i head that i could pout various chrysler engines in it..i heard i could put in a 300m, concorde, intrepid, cirrus, or townncar engine in it but im not sure which engine if any besides another LHS engine would go wit my tranny an give me the best compression an gas mileage an torque..any one can give me a hand? also does anyone kno where i can get a LHS engine for cheap that comes wit warranty? ay help is greatly appreciated..thanx
  • ljgaleljgale Posts: 1
    When I start the car after it has been off for a few hours and have the heat or AC on it reaks of gasoline so much I can not stand it. Inside and out you can smell the overpowering fumes to the point I have to get out of the car. After the engine warms up the smell goes away and will not return until it has fully cooled down and needs to be restarted again. If I start the car and keep the blower motor OFF it does not smell, I simply have to wait for the motor to warm up and then turn the blower on. I checked for obvious fuel leaks and there are none. Why does the smell go away when the engine warms up? I am not losing any signifigant amounts of fuel so what could be the problem? Any help would be great, I can't stand the smell anymore!
  • HELLO,

I HAVE READ MESSAGES THAT PEOPLE WITH CHRYSLER LHS' HAVE PROBLEMS WITH FLASHING DASH/HEADLIGHTS OR THE BATTERY LIGHT COMES ON THEN TURNS OFF AFTER RESTARTING. MAYBE STEPPING ON THE BRAKE CAUSES RADIO TO CUT OUT OR ABS LIGHT/TRACTION LIGHT TO TURN ON. I HAVE A HIGH END STEREO SYSTEM WHICH CAUSES THESE PROBLEMS. I HAVE HAD SYSTEMS IN MANY CARS, SO I KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO TO FIX THE PROBLEMS. NONE OF THOSE SOLUTIONS HAVE WORKED WITH MY LHS. I HAVE BEEN TO THE DEALERSHIP, NUMEROUS STEREO SHOPS, AND HIGH PERFORMANE ALTERNATOR SHOPS. THEY ALL HAVE RUN TESTS AND ALL SAY NOTHING IS WRONG. I JUST TODAY FOUND THIS SITE AND I AM HOPING THAT SOMEONE HAS FOUND THE SOLUTION TO OUR PROBLEM. PLEASE HELP.... THIS REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY IRRITATES ME.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,400
    My advice is to drive it til it is undriveable -- then scrap it and look for a later model and have it checked out before you buy. A new/rebuilt engine will cost more than your ride is worth.
  • lhs976lhs976 Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 lhs with the upgraded infinity speakers. there is a crackling noise like one of the speakers are blown. all the speakers work fine, the sound seems to be comming from the center of the dashboard. vibration is comming out of it, so i think its a speaker. does anyone know anything about this?
    Yeah-- you need a new speaker.
  • ok so I just bought a 2000 LHS, love it!
    but just yesterday, I noticed a few things on the drivers side only, first, the heated seat isn't working, which is fine cuz I don't really like them anyway, makes me feel like I soiled myself or something, but anyway....
    next is the drivers side mirror(pass. side is fine and on the same switch), which isn't working at all
    and then finally I changed out the 6 and 3/4 speakers in the doors, the outer foam on both of them had worn out, and come to find out the one in the drivers door is only minimally working, and I say minimally, because I can still hear the music if I put my ear to it but other than that no real sound! oh and before anyone says I hooked them up wrong, no trust me I tried a few different wires and setups, none worked.
    I checked the fuses but there doesn't seem to be a problem, although I can't really seem to find one that would cover all of those things, I think maybe there could be some loose wires in the door?? but that wouldn't account for the heated seat, and I wouldn't be able to hear music through the speaker, and neither of the mirrors would work because they are on the same switch. maybe there is a power issue somewhere, but its not effecting anything else(windows, locks, seat functions)anyway I have no idea can someone shed some light???? :confuse:
    There is a tsb relating to defective amplification --- check edmunds.com. Had some speakers and the amp fixed under warranty and it did help. The radio system isn't that great but you can always replace it at any of the big box electronics stores and probably be happy. My heated seat went out and had to be fixed. The grid of wires breaks.
    If you dyi be careful, you might get heat from the door and music from the seat .
  • UPDATE: went to the dealership, all separate problems unfortunately :( The heating element in the seat went bad, unrepairable because a replacement seat is no longer available. the drivers side mirror was fine, the plug was only half plugged into the socket, they fixed it for free. the speakers are fine, the AMP went bad(see post above) $475 for a replacement, ugh. they did clean my fogged up headlights, which is a plus, it now looks like new again! thanks for the info, hope my post helps others
  • lhsgirllhsgirl Posts: 2
    I found this sight a couple of days ago and have been reading all the posts. I found this sight very insightful. I have owned a 1996 cadillac for about a year and wanted a car that was comparable to it. The 96 cadillac is a wonderful car but I just kept having to keep putting money that I didn't have into it. I went onto ebay and looked for a LHS and found a 99 for sale and it was rear ended and the owner lost her license and wanted to get rid of it. It has 170,xxx miles on it and drives like a dream nothing wrong with it except for the damage from the accident. I just wanted to say "Thank You" for this sight and for everyones posts. I know that when I have a problem I can come here like I did on the cadillac forum. Keep posting everyone....you don't know how many people you help!!!!
    Yesterday, my husband and I bought the 99 LHS from the girl. I am a very happy owner of a 99 LHS. Sincerely LHSgirl :)
  • lhsgirllhsgirl Posts: 2
    Hello! I have a 99 LHS and it has 175,000 miles on it and it is still running great. Better than my 96 cadillac sts. ...and the sts has 167,000 miles on it. I"m not sure about the tranny and stuff but I have a place in Montgomery illionois....called staffords and they have LHS engines with 80,000 miles and under for only 750 dollars with warrenty. If your interested let me know I can give you address and phone #. :)
  • 95flhtcu95flhtcu Posts: 2
    I just bought a 1997 LHS. 86,000 miles, $3000. everything works and God willing, it will continue. I really like it and hopefully, I won't have to post about electrical issues.
  • 95flhtcu95flhtcu Posts: 2
    Damned if I didn't post and go out to the car to find that the power passenger front door lock doesn't work. The lock works, opens with the key or manually from the inside, but it just buzzes like it's trying and the button doesn't come up. I'm going to pull the door panel this week, any experience with this issue?
  • Yesterday when I was driving home my fuel indicator started fluctuating between the current level and empty. Then the check engine light came on, followed by the doors open indicator and then the interior lights started flickering on and off. Then the power steering started making a clunking noise. After I parked it at home the interior lights continued to flash on and off. This morning my car alarm started to randomly go off so I finally disconnected the battery cable. Anyone have any idea as to the source of this problem? Any cost guesstimates? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • jctonetti9jctonetti9 Posts: 1
    The center speaker in my 2001 LHS is broken and I need to replace it. Does anybody know what size the speaker is, whether or not it's a tweeter, and where I can buy a replacement (a specific link please not just the name of a site)?
  • mopar4mopar4 Posts: 1
    1996 lhs ....had been running fine just turned 200k on freeway cut out coasted to stop cranked engine would not fire went through checks per service manual(haynes) with spark tester crank engine get two arcs then nothing .turn key off two sparks ,nothing so on and so on.so far have replaced coil and cam $ crank sensors still no fire and same prob. with spark .OBD gave me message pertaining to MAP sensor has anyone had same prob? what should I check next????