Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi S4 and S4 Cabriolet

Comments

• nyrascalnyrascal Member Posts: 11
    Well, I think I've made up my mind - get the S4 in black or Dolphin with black interior, Premium, Bose, HS and Nav. Only problem is I can't find one with the options I want. I can always order a 2005 since I'm not really in a rush, but I was hoping to have the car for the summer. And if I wait for the '05, what other cars/models will come out that I'll want to consider? Never thought getting a new car would be this annoying...

- Mark
  • johnsonlau703johnsonlau703 Member Posts: 12
    Hi,
    I am looking to buy a 2004 S4 sedan and I want to know what are the price that people in this board have been paying for this car. Is it possible to get this car for close to invoice? Any help would be appreciated.
  • sin_city_s4sin_city_s4 Member Posts: 1
    Mark,
    I recently purchased a silver '04 S4 from Desert Audi here in Las Vegas. With options, the car is very similar to what you're looking for. I picked up my tag yesterday an noticed they now have a dolphin grey w/ black S4 on the lot. If you're interested, give Harvey Huffman (salesman I purchased from) a call. I had a decent buying experience and negotiated a price $500 less than MSRP, even though there was a $5000 market adjustment dealer add-on stcker on the windshield. I guess the better deal was probably due to the '05's coming out soon.
  • johnsonlau703johnsonlau703 Member Posts: 12
    Is there any difference in the 2005 model from the 2004 model?? When would the 2005 be coming to the dealer??
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    . . .at the dealers. There are virtually no differences, except that On*star has been removed. However, there is also a product guide for what is being termed a 2005.5 model run.

I do not know if the S4 is included in the 2005.5 model run.

Apparently, the changes are to aid in the metamorphasis from A4 current look to A4 2006 look which will, apparently, be more like the upcoming 2005 A6 (grill, etc.)

The rumor mill says the '06 A4 will be larger than the current version, probably, AND THIS IS SPECULATION, like the 2002 was slightly larger than the 2001 A4.

The S4, since it is a limited production car, may not be offered in a 2005.5 version -- ask a dealer, ask to see the 2005 order guide and also the 2005.5 pre announcement (2005.5 A4 is slated, so says my dealer for Feb 2005).
    $500 under MSRP or invoice? I currently have a couple of dealers willing to go about $2000-2500 under msrp. Problem is neither has a car with nav. I'm starting to think I can live without it just so I have the car for the summer.

As for the 2005 model, one dealer I spoke with told me that it will have bi-xenon headlights. I haven't heard this anywhere else though. Can anyone who has seen the 2005 order sheet confirm this?

- Mark
  • merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    Question: Why do automakers do the .5 year thing? I mean why not call it a 2006? Anyone have an official reason for this? It seems like that this .5 model year stuff would confuse normal folk?

M
  • audibmwaudibmw Member Posts: 5
    I would offer to sell you a car that you don't want at 5000 under invoice, if I knew that you would not take it. Or I would mess with the financing to recoup that $2500. These cars are going at MSRP now, good job on the $500 under to the other guy that actually bought one.
    After a bit of thought, I ended up getting a black/black S4 sedan with Premium, Bose/XM and heated seats. Decided to forego the nav and get an aftermarket system. I will probably get the Garmin since I decided to lease and don't feel like replacing the stock headunit. And I ended up getting it for $2000 under sticker - around $48K and change. Also got them to waive the security without raising the money factor. All I can say is that I'm very happy with the car so far.

- Mark
  • mparis1mparis1 Member Posts: 107
    hey fellows, can you provide me with advice on buying/leasing a AUDI S4. plan to lease one next year. what should i know. i live in n.y.c. THANK YOU.
  • mrkbbd1mrkbbd1 Member Posts: 7
    Im looking at an S4 (dont know whether cab or sed), the dealer never has cars that are loaded, so I need to know about the navigation system. Even in the advertising book it doesnt go to deeply into the subject. First off, how big is the lcd display, or is there even one? (The dealer in my town has never had one so they didnt know), and is it easy to use?
  • bogueavantbogueavant Member Posts: 2
    mark this is the first post i've ever made so bear w/me.. in 12/03 I traded 2000 TT for 2004 s4avant black/black alcantara seats xm etc...but no nav dealer talked me out of it.My avant, after order, sadly took NINE MONTHS to arrive. I have never owned a vehicle with a better stock sound system than this one, yet I am forever turning off the xm to hear the engine on this bad boy.after 7 months of daily driving and some mid-range trips I am still on cloud 9 with the most camoflaged car on earth.No service calls except as scheduled and to replace my rock-damaged windshield....I'd really like to hear from other s4avant owners who are daily drivers?????
    My wife and I have had four recent Audi of America products with the Audi Navi system. The system is simultaneously "perfect" and lame.

I would get it, lame as it is, again and again and again, even if they never upgraded to DVD -- which they have.

Any new Audi, excluding the A8's will TODAY have the same system I have in my 2003 allroad and my wife has in her 2003 TT coupe.

Between the tach and speedo there is an information screen about the size of a playing card. It is black and the screen can display text and arrows and crude circles and zig-zags.

The system, until the 2005 A6 and 2005.5 A4 arrive will be thus:

1. Press a button on your console and the center screen warns you not to enter nav data while driving
    2. Select your destination
    3. Select your street address or street + street intersection; or you can select special destinations like gas stations, ATM's or other special interest places, International Airport for example.
    4. Select "fast" or "short" route and press go

System responds by giving you both verbal and arrow by arrow directions visually on the little playing card screen.

It is accurate 99.99% of the time to within 100' -- and it is, overall, able to find destinations (speaking personally for Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and Pennsylvania) about 96% of the time. The voice commands are in a rather pleasant, business-like female voice. She never gets ticked at you when you disobey her "orders" she either recalculates the next best route option or "suggests" when possible that you make a U-turn and do what she told you to do originally.

There is a compass function in the nav screen, miles (or KM if you choose) to destination, time to destination (arrival time) and an hourglass function that tells you when the next action you have to take will occur. The name of the road you are on or will be expected to turn onto is displayed.

For all the crybabies (me included) that really wanted a 16x9 7" diagonal color moving map screen -- well, I can find no fault with the system in terms of its efficacy and contribution to safety -- and that is a biggie.

She (the Audi nav lady) never ceases to impress me, even in my home town (Cincinnati) -- just as I think I know what I am doing in my own backyard, she finds a better route and one that I've never tried before to get me to that new restaurant I've been dying to try.

One more neat function -- "traffic jam" -- push a pictobutton on the console that looks like a car pile up and the route is recalculated to get you out of a traffic jam (if there is a route that is).

You don't have to ask directions, you don't have to read a map and overall you seem to be able to pay more attention to the driving rather than the navigating, which, as I say is a HUGE contribution to safety -- it has gone from "cool toy" to mandatory feature as far as I'm concerned.

It needs to be DVD based, Audi has done this and all will have it by second Q '05. It needs the sexy color moving map screen -- not because it is in any way better, but because the current screen lacks sizzle. There is no other reason to have a 7" diagonal color screen showing you a mapquest like image -- you are supposed to be driving not staring at a map, after all. But, I, too, wish for the "big" screen just for show and my wish, like others, has been granted by Audi.

This and parktronic have moved from "show off toys" to valuable features.

FWIW, that's my story and I'm. . . .
  • auditorauditor Member Posts: 63
    Two days ago, I was told by the sales mgr. of an Audi
    dealer in South Jersey that, due to the larger than expected demand for 2005 A6's in Germany/Europe (Audi's main markets), (A) deliveries of U.S. spec. A6's would be delayed a bit to late 2004/early 2005 (for the 4.2 V8's) and (B) perhaps more importantly,
    PRODUCTION OF 2005 S4's WAS BEING CUT BACK BECAUSE
    THEIR 4.2 ENGINES WERE BEING DIVERTED TO A6 4.2 CARS.

This morning, there were several posts (under the same title as this one) on another Audi enthusiast web site suggesting that Audi dealers we no longer taking orders for the current version of 2005 S4's in anticipation of the "new face" 2005.5 S4 being produced in the near future.

Anything anyone can learn about the truth (or falsity) of this "rumor" would be appreciated.
  • dcowdcow Member Posts: 1
    Recently my wife and I discovered a 2002 s4 for sale. The initial test drive was good and the car felt solid. I have been doing some research and found that the front brakes can be a common issue. ANYTHING else I should look at closely? Quirks/blurps/hiccups?
    We will have the car inspected, but any thoughts would be great.
    Thanks
  • cbe512cbe512 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 S4 and i must say that the performance is out of this world!

The 2 disadvantages is that it does drink gas, and it will become very expensive to keep outside of the Audi warranty.

My car is in the shop for an oil leak. it turns out that it is from one of the Turbos. Audi recommends that both be changed and the engine has to be lifted out to do this. I've been waiting a week already! I would never be able to afford this if it wasn't covered. The mechanic says that these 2.7T engines are now starting to come in with problems...mainly to do with the pressure of the turbos causing the seals to leak. Did I mention it has taken them 3 times to find this leak?
    I love the car, and the smile it puts on my face when i touch the gas pedal but in a few months it will be out of warranty and i am sure I'll have to dump it! Be very careful who you buy this car from. The warranty lasts for 50,000 miles. Then you are on your own
    Great car, a blast to drive -- brake rotors and oil changes happen at regular intervals.

Beyond 50,000 miles, like all European cars, this will be "breathtakingly expensive" to repair.

Get the Audi 100K warranty.

Finally, but this is NOT an Audi issue so much, the thing eats tires -- especially the UHP and Max performance Summer Only tires that are standard equipment.

The car is an absolute blast to drive.

I can't comment on the gas milage -- I suspect that your milage will be based on your right foot.
  • banxbanx Member Posts: 6
    My '01 S4 sedan has 60K miles. It also developed an oil leak. It was just before the warranty ran out at 50K. It's been in and out ever since trying to fix that leak. Both upper and lower oil pans were replaced along with oil lines. The leak just came back after 3 weeks of oil leak-free time, so back in it'll go. The other warranty repair I had was to replace one seat heater; a common problem on many cars. Turn the dial up to 6 and wait a little while to make sure they're working. I still have the original brake discs and rotors; the last maintenance stated there was 40% life left in the discs. Actual gas mileage has averaged 24.4 mpg over the life of the car. Over two separate 10K stretches, the trip computer overstated actual mpg by 2.4 mpg. The original tires, Pirelli 6000, lasted for 36K miles. The replacement tires from Tire Rack, Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3, are unbelievably good for wet grip as well as dry. Note that the bass sound in the '01 Bose system, is feeble compared to the Avant with its subwoofer. The manual states the car needs to idle for 2 minutes after a hard run to let the turbos cool down; I always do this after any drive where the engine has been running for 45 minutes or more. While I've read about people going through turbos, I still have the originals, perhaps due to following the cool down instructions.
  • hawkerdrvrhawkerdrvr Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,
    Did you all see the 2005 S4 lease specials $499 a month about 4K down 42month/10000 mile.
    this a good deal, or is it still beter to finance?
  • tomsawyertomsawyer Member Posts: 12
    I am in the process of considering purchasing an S4 Cabriolet. I currently own an '01 MB E430 4matic and a BMW 325ci Cabriolet. I guess you can say I am "tired" of owning 2 cars and want one that does it all. I need AWD for the winters in NJ and want a convertible/performance for the summer. Seems like the S4 is just the ticket. But here are some of my concerns -

1) I will be driving the car in NJ winters. Besides putting snow tires on the car, do you think it can be safe to drive in the snow as well as be reliable in the snow?

2) I will be putting approx. 20k miles a year on the car. Besides changing the oil, anything I should be aware of?

3) I owned an Audi in the past, many years ago. I have to say I was not happy with the reliability. How is the reliability of the current line?

4) Would you buy an extended warranty for the S4?

5) Do you have a dealer you recommend to purchase from? I live in Northern NJ - Paul Miller & Jack Daniels but I would travel, within reason, for a good deal.

6) Would appreciate any info anyone could give so I can make a comfortable decision.

Thanks to all.
  • harrykjharrykj Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

The lease deal is pretty incredible and if you haven't done it already, you should do it. I am currently considering this deal, even tho I already have a Porsche and a BMW.

If you didn't know, the lease deal was extended to 1/3/05, so you have a month to mull it over. A friend of mine leased a S4 a few years ago and paid about $6K down, $600/mo. for a 3 year lease. This deal is so much better and for a significantly better car.

With such a great lease deal, it makes the lease vs buy issue a much lesser issue. I am a CPA, so I get this question ten times a year. Unless you plan to keep the car for at least 7 years or plan to drive the car for more than 12K miles a year, I wouldn't even consider buying it.

Good Luck,

Harry
  • zoomzoom626zoomzoom626 Member Posts: 124
    Is the turbo leak common problem on these cars? I'm thinking of getting 2002 as well. Does factory warranty transfer if you buy used?
  • denverg35denverg35 Member Posts: 54
    Had the car for two weeks, it is very fun to drive. In Colorado, so needed snow tires, but they have not hurt the performance as much as I thought they would.

Only nit is that the cupholders are nearly useless [guessing Germans don't drink coffee on their morning commute]

Highly recommended!
  • audinutaudinut Member Posts: 8
    I just bought a 2005 S4 and have less than 2000 miles. I have started hearing a slight knocking noise coming from the right rear side of the car when I hit larger bumps in the road. At first I thought is was something loose in my trunk but after checking it out and placing towels in the spare tire compartment I am still hearing the noise. Does anyone have this problem or have any suggestions before I bring it in for a check up? Thanks.
  • 04s404s4 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased 2004 S4 Sedan 6sp and continue to have low speed running hesitation and shifting issues. When shifting, cold especially, the clutch pedal has to be completely on the floor or it'll grind mainly on the 1-2 shift. Anyone else experiencing the same issues??
  • coby03coby03 Member Posts: 55
    Can anyone give me an estimate of what's a reasonable deduction off of MSRP for a 2005 black/black 6-speed S4 that has been used as a demo and has about 6600 miles on it? It's the first time I test drove one and it's fast as h*ll. Seems to be in great shape, but I'm always wary of demo's. The salesman's going to "work up some numbers" on it, but I thought I would seek some advice. Thanks.
    My dealer has an Imola yellow car that sounds like your black/black. It is NOT a demo as far as I know and it is exactly $7,000 off. I suspect this is because it is yellow and because the new S4 has the navi system in it that Audi should have brought out two years ago.
  • giovanni1giovanni1 Member Posts: 106
    Anybody know when the B7 S4s are to start hitting dealer lots?
  • draqdraq Member Posts: 18
    if the car in great shape and work perfectly then I would first make sure the warrenty covers 50k starting from the day you sign the contract, second, don't tell the dealer how much you will pay for it, wait for them to give you a price on it first and then see if you can bring it lower, i will say the fair price for it will be $46K

hope this is helpful
    peace
  • beantownaudibeantownaudi Member Posts: 2
    YES!! I have had my xenon headlights stolen TWICE over the last 4 months from my AUDI S4.
    Do I have to sell my car or move?!? Any solutions? 2001 model w/37,000 miles in great shape....
  • audibonaudibon Member Posts: 100
    Audibon here. Been a long time my friends both old and new. Since I was a part of the A4 board a while ago I will post this question here second but I will also post it on the A4 board. I no longer own my 2001.5 A4. Divorce can do that. However, I have some thoughts of getting the car I actually wanted back then. Either a 2001 or 2002 S4. My question is I realize that I would want to have it certified for my own protection. However, if I buy the car private party or from a dealer that is not Audi can I purchase that protection after the sale? Is it the same protection or just a cheesy imitation? I was researching some '95 Porsche 928 GTS cars for a friend and there was a website that said you don't own a 928 it owns you. Repairs on that car are astonishing as they would be on the S4 as it gets older. By the way, if I purchase a car past the 50,000 mile mark how expensive is normal maintenance. Certification does not cover that only the catastrophic failures correct? Thanks for your help and safe motoring...
    Audibon
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    You MUST buy a car from an authorized Audi dealer to have it certified for a 6 year /100k warranty from Audi. You can buy a warranty from a secondary company, but it's very expensive to put a 6 year / 100k warranty on any kind of German car.

There's a $50 deductable on an Audi dealer certified car. Seconday warranty companies may be a lot more and it can be a hassle to figure out what they will actually pay for when your car breaks.

Also, if a car has been previously certifed by Audi, it follows the car and can be transferrred to a new owner for a one time $150 transfer fee.

Audi's certification program is very extensive and it covers a majority of things that are most expensive to replace. Just stop by any local Audi dealer and ask them for a cretified warranty book and you can get an idea of what's covered.

Also, warranty's from seconday companies other than authorized Audi dealers get more expensive the older and more miles that are on a car. If you're looking at cars 3-4 years old with almost 50k miles, these cars are almost out of warranty and you can easliy be looking at $4000 plus on a German car to get extended warranties. You're better off gettting a CPO car from an Audi dealer. Or getting lucky and finind a used Audi that's already been certified and getting the 6/100k warranty for only a $150 transfer fee.
  • xjrjagxjrjag Member Posts: 2
    I'll write what I know, perhaps get some help from all you knowledgeable people! Interested even in just thoughts, perspectives from non-owners.

I'd be coming out of a 1999 Jaguar XJR, 370 h.p., Eaton Supercharger....don't really see going backwards in terms of performance even though I'm in the NorthEast (translated as crummy weather). The Jag was a mistake living here in case you're wondering.

Given my reality (would never spend the moola or wait on the RS4, at that price point would jump to Porsche C4S):

I'm about to make a final decision to purchase a brand "new face" 2005.5 S4. It can be delivered to me by first week in April. I've received a "special" factory release given some specifics about my "situation". This could all be bull, but I believe I'd be one of the first consumers in North America to receive the new 2005.5 S4. The first? yeah right, no way to know.

It's fully loaded, premium, xm satellite radio, nav., carbon fiber, essentially everything one can option in. Dolphin Grey, black interior. Has the nappa leather probably part of one of the above packages. Sunroof. I understand the nav is now DVD made in Japan!!!!!! with in dash 6 disc changer, 2 SD card slots for mpg play....seen this in the 2005.5 A4 sitting in their dealership!

It's going to total after tax in the neighborhood of $58,xxx.

Thoughts?

Few questions:

1. are they blowing smoke about me being the first to get this car?
    2. any way for a discount of any kind? I personally doubt it, they don't seem at all to be chasing me for the sale and claim to have had to go through some hoops to get me this car released as it's sitting at port and the factory wouldn't release it until I came along. AGain, that's just what I've been told.
    3. how reliable is this 4.2, V8? I know it's a tried engine in the A8, et al. Is it reasonably free of defects? Some maintenance posts scare the bajeezes out of me.....tempted to go Japanese all the way!

Thoughts?

I'm at davidw(insert the at sign here)theworld.com
    for any private emails that wouldn't be appropriate for a post..hope that doesn't break any rules, didn't see it mentioned in the rules section.

Other options if this implodes:
    Acura RL, not even close to the power/performance, just a solid sedan with whiz/bang and reliability as well as gas mileage appeal. And AWD.

Lexus GS300. Big unknown, probably underpowered, not thrilled with inside of car or pathetic trunk for that matter. Also AWD.

Or could always bail out to the sport ute crowd and mostly forget about performance......that would really get me researching again.
  • giovanni1giovanni1 Member Posts: 106
    Well first let me say that is a great color, the dolphin gray looks amazing.

1. I personally think they are blowing smoke, a dealer here in No Cali told me no problem getting me a 05.5 w/DVD nav but wasn't willing to cut any deals

2. That sounds odd, "The factory wouldn't release it" well didn't they already release it if it's sitting in port???

3. Are you buying or leasing? If leasing and you keep it under the warranty period which I believe is 4/48 this includes your routine maintenance costs.

IMHO I think the RL is much too bland and too closely resembles an accord, of course this is strictly my opinion.

Have you looked at the M35x? I guessing you're only looking at AWD?
  • xjrjagxjrjag Member Posts: 2
    The factory release has to do with the official announce date of the 2005.5 S4'S. Apparently they haven't released them yet to the public, haven't put on the website.

The RL isn't adrenaline pumping that's for sure. I'm 35, it's probably not my car. I'm between a rock and hardplace with Boston weather. Need the function of AWD, but like performance in summer. I could do the sport ute thing, but performance/luxury only found in a few gas hogs, not that the S4 will be kind to me on that front either.

I'll be purchasing, lease deals are horrible for new Audi's.

Thanks for comments.
  • danielcdanielc Member Posts: 1
    uh.. just an fyi.. but i just drove a s4 2005.5 last night. my dealer also has a 2005 s4 which im negotiating for. personally, i like the old grill better than the 2005.5, so im hoping that they're willing to come down a little to get the old model off the lot.
  • sjarrellsjarrell Member Posts: 2
    What types of deals are being made on the S4 / S4 Cabriolet? How much off of MSRP are the dealer's moving, if any?

Thanks!
  • tigger5tigger5 Member Posts: 2
    Am considering and S4 convertible and was wondering if the trunklid spoiler avail on the sedan is available. Also wondering if there is any sort of aerodynamic package available - i.e., more aggressive air dam in front, like M3 to make the car slightly more masculine looking. Any other advice choosing between S4 convert and M3 convert would be appreciated.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,414
    I was at a Wedding this evening and there must have been an Audi Launch for the press at the hotel. They had a few S4, S4 Avants, A3s, and A4s there. I don't care for the looks of the 2005.5 model. They don't have the beautiful AVUS style wheels. The new S4 wheels look like bigger version of the 05 A4 3.0 non sport package wheels. The stylintg went from muscular and aggressive to just down right bland. The S4 used to be the Ultimate Wolf in Sheep's Clothing. I'm sure it is still a stellar performer, but I can't get past the looks.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Yes....you can get the same Avus wheels like last years car on the new 05.5's S4's. They come standard on the new 05.5 S4's.

The 5 spoke style wheels are available as an option. They are the exact same wheels as the S line wheels on the A6 4.2 Quattro.
  • purduevr6purduevr6 Member Posts: 1
    I am currently searching for a S4 and have 2 I am looking at,

car 1- 2000 silver S4, manual, sports package 46,000 miles no warranty, seems like the guy hasnt replaced anything major.
    car 2- 2000 dark blue s4, auto, standard package, 70,000 miles, he purchased from audi and has until august with his warranty. He has all maintenance records and takes it to audi for everything.

Which is the better deal? They both are selling for approx. $16k
    Thanks
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I'm thinking you meant to say that car 1 is a 2002?
  • esfesf Member Posts: 1,020
    I just bought a Sprint Blue S4 Cabriolet, top-of-the-line except for a four spoke steering wheel. It is absolutely gorgeous- I don't know why you'd want to tamper with its classic yet modern lines, but I'll tell you what you can do anyway. No, you cannot get the deck lid spoiler, that was built specifically for the sedan, because they have different trunk lids. If you look up, 'Audi A4 Cabriolet Body Kits', you may find something, or better yet, change the A4 to S4, but that may be too complicated. You can probably get an aggressive yet understated chin spoiler, which would look good on the already-beautiful A4 shape. You can also get bigger wheels, preferably Audi ones, because other companies look too 'Dubbed' for it. You still want M3 drivers to think you're an A4, but then dust them at the stoplight, right? And, by the way, it looks pretty masculine in brilliant black or dolphin gray, without substituting its beauty. I'd really rather opt for the creamy sound of the S4's V8 than a vacuum-cleaner type sound of the M3's inline six, and you really have more stealth and exclusivity driving an Audi, with better interior quality, more torque off the line, and the look on the face of a sports car driver when he stares into your 'lesser' four rings. It's just cool to have an Audi.
  • jb_shinjb_shin Member Posts: 357
    As much as I like (have considered buying) an S4, I don't think it will out accelerate M3 anytime soon. It did, however, outran an M3 when TopGear (British Automag/TV program) ran them in a race track.
    Who are you answering to? I didn't say the S4 could dust an M3. And, who really notices four tenths of a second? I mean REALLY! We may notice one whole second, but we can't even calculate four tenths of a second with just our minds, unless we have ESP[N]. Lol. Are you going to buy an S4? You're making a mistake if you don't. It's just the fullness that the Audi has, that the BMW doesn't. It's very possessing.
  • tigger5tigger5 Member Posts: 2
    I am just about ready to commit to an S4 cabrio, but am still hung up on the wheels. I like the Avus wheels, but love the 18" 5 spoke, S-line wheels that are available as an option on the A4 3.0. I was told that the S-line wheels are not available on the S4 cabrio (kind of strange) - has anyone heard otherwise or have any ideas on how to get the wheels I want without doing it aftermarket at additional cost. Finally, dealer is quoting $1,000 below MSRP for an in-stock car - is this a good deal??
    I really wouldn't know what to tell you about the wheels... You really should buy them, but if you're desperate not to spend the extra money, try getting the five-spokes on the S4 sedan. If you can't get that, I don't think wheels are a big enough problem for you to just not get the car. And, yes, if this is a 2005 S4 Cabriolet, then $1K off is a good deal. We didn't get that.
  • carlsbadcarlsbad Member Posts: 2
    What do people know about the 2006 S4 cab. Will it have the new body style? What about the interior, will it be the same as the 2005.5 S4? A picture at the 2004 Paris auto show touted a 2006 S4 cab with the old body style. Any thoughts?
  • rkbrkb Member Posts: 3
    I was in the market for a new car (as someone above said - divorce will do that to you) as I "lost" my daily driver, a 2002 BMW 330CiC with Premium, Sport, Cold pkgs. After much research, the choices came down to MB E or CLK, Acura RL, or an Audi A6. After driving everything MB had to offer, including a new CLS (and while the SL was tempting, I need a daily driver, not a toy) - MB came out as overpriced and quite frankly blah. I liked the CLK 500 - but again, not as practical a car (and too flashy for parking in an open parking lot). And, the diesel E is not quite up to the European diesels - we do have our non-low-sulfur gas to thank for that.
    Never drove the Acura - I have an old 90 Legend coupe, and the new cars just don't do it for me.
    On to an Audi A6. Will someone please tell the Germans to stop putting the stupid iDrive, Command System, joystick-wheel-button pushing craziness in their cars? It just ruined the car for me. I actually did not even consider the BMW 5 series for that reason. Beautiful car, easy handling, nice interior - but did I mention the spin-a-wheel malarky?
    As a lark I drove the S4. Perfect car for me. The seats are even more comfortable than the BMW 3series in Sport. The interior rivals the MB, even at S levels - the silk leather feels better (hope it holds up). I don't have to worry about back-seat passengers so the tight rear seating doesn't bother me - the car actually doesn't feel any bigger than the convertible I'm leaving behind.
    On top of it all, because of a different car "connection", I'm stepping into a silver/ebony 2005.5 S4 with premium, Sirius, carbon fibre, heated seats, wheel upgrade for less than $52K this week!
  • andrewinla2andrewinla2 Member Posts: 13
    The new body style is not for me. I like the 2 SD slots but don't want NAV to get it. So there are left over S4's witht the "old" body style.

I got lease quote of about $3700 down with 15K miles and payment of about $575-585 with tax for 39 months. It may have been 36 months but I remember 39.

My brother in law has the tip and loves it. I test drove 6 speed manual today and loved it!!! The clutch action is so light. When I came back to my car (Mini Cooper S) the clutch felt heavy!

TO XJRJAG:

They had plenty of new 2005.5 A4 & S4.

Hear on Audiworld that after May 7th there will be a new lease offer on the new S4.
    Not sure if it's true but might be worth waiting to see.

Dealers I spoke to are trying to twist my arm to buy before end of April.

I dont care about new body style but I loved the arctic S4 with manual I drove. Wish it didn't have the wood trim.
This discussion has been closed.