Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post Your Van Gas Mileage Here

Comments

• lavrishevolavrishevo Posts: 312
    Recent trip to Ponce, PR from Trujillo Alto, PR about 90 miles each way. 1/3 mountain roads and the rest mountain highway. Lots of climbing up for miles and back down. Steep climbs, enough to put the van down to 4th gear about 90% of the climbs.

I averaged 22 MPG overall with 4 people, A/C on, and some extra gear and about 75 - 80 MPG except uphill in 4th which I averaged 65 - 70 MPH. I think that is pretty good considering the terrain. I usually get about 25 - 27 on flat terrain with a/c at 65 MPG

Not as good MPG as others out there but much better power, comfort, and features especially to the Caravan.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Which model do you have? They come in LX and EX, right?

I really liked the fluorescent gauges on the Entourage Limited but I don't think the Sedona got those, right? Prices were a lot higher for Limiteds when I shopped in 07, though.
    I have the Sedona LX. I did not want leather because of the climate I live in and powerdoors although nice are guaranteed to break. They never ever last. The gauges are not anything special in the Sedona but the vans drives very nice. Good power and fantastic safety, best in the industry. Don't forget you can add the nice options such as DVD and HID xenon headlight for thousands less then the dealer. This is what I did. 10.4" screen in the back hooked up to a Panasonic touchscreen in the front for less then a grand. A xenon kit cost only $160.00 Unless you really have to have the dealer options you will be better off going aftermarket. Oops that's you, you Sienna loving Toyota man... LOL. I believe the LX is also also about 200 lbs lighter then the EX.
    :D

I'm happy with my choice, though love may be a strong word for a minivan. I prefer small cars, that's why I daily-drive a Miata. :shades:
  • dsrtrat2dsrtrat2 Posts: 223
    First road trip in '08 ODY EX-L with about 500 lbs. of people and stuff. Traveled from AZ east on US 60 to NM and then up to I-40 for 250 miles to US 54 through OK, TX, Kansas to I-35 to Des Moines. Somewhat the same on way back. My GPS said I averaged 60.9 MPH on way home. Average of 7 tanks of gas was 26.5 MPG with the lowest 24.7 and the best was 28.7 on 88 octane Phillips 66 gas.
    61 mph average? The gas pedal is the one on the right. :P

Just jerking your chain, your reward was good mileage, so kudos.
  • I have a 1994 MPV with 173,000 miles; I recently drove it to Key West and back
    to Stuart FL (about 500 miles roundtrip) I got 22.88 MPG with regular gas and that
    was with the A/C on!
  • Our 2002 Cadillac Escalade with the small V-8 consistently gets 19 MPG
    on the Interstate when driving from West Palm Beach to Charleston SC.
    on Regular Gas. We will not go to a small car to get 30 MPG. It's just not
    enough of a savings for the safety and comfort that we would give up.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,407
    27.5 mpg in a 2006 Sienna with cruise set at 75 and a/c on.

Why drive an Escalade if you want safety. Wouldn't something with a better rollover history be more appropriate?
  • zee4zee4 Posts: 2
    I have gotten 28 mpg on a 1500 mile highway trip.
    So on our trip to Serbia and Montenegro we rented for the month a 2004 Ford Galaxy with a 1.9L VW diesel engine paired to a 6 speed manual tranny. Amazing gas mileage!!! Not much power but it did the job in the mountains with 6 people and we averaged 43.5 MPG. Forget hybrid give me a diesel engine in a nice van....
    My mileage dropped recently when my brother and his family visited. We had the van full with 8 people and luggage/bags the entire time, and got anywhere from 22 mpg in mostly city driving to around 25mpg on trips.

I'm sure the extra weight and the fact that we cranked the dual A/C to keep a car full of kids happy didn't help.

With just the 4 of us we get at least 27 on trips, at times 30.
    That's not bad with 8 in the heat. Hey but did you see my post on the Ford Galaxy we had for a month. Over 43 MPG averaged! Incredible! Of course gas was almost $5.00 a gallon but can you imagine having this sort of efficiency in the U. S. Just a shame how limited we are in our engine selections. A 2.5 L diesel engine could power a Sienna or Sedona great with excellent gas mileage. Just a shame...
    That's cool, in Europe, right?

Brazil gets most of its models from Europe, though I haven't seen the Galaxy there. They have a Ford EcoSport that is a whole lot smaller than the Escape, though.
  • I feel the exact same way!!! I'll take a diesel over a gas burner any day. My hubby's diesel F-350 4x4 crew cab one ton 6.0L diesel got 16-20 mpg over a 2000 mile vacation last week.

My windstar, I'm lucky to get 16 mpg.

Give me a diesel any day!!
    Highs and lows for me, almost back-to-back.

We spent a week in Ocean City, and my son was in camp, 140 blocks away. With a traffic light every 3 blocks, the stopping was brutal, I feel like my brake pads must need to be changed. Probably the worst city traffic I've ever driven in, and my Sienna returned 20.4mpg.

Filled it up on the way home, though, and drove speed limits since the MDX following us didn't seem to keep up if we sped. Any how, did that with light traffic on the way home and average a phenomenal 31.3mpg!

:shades:
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Posts: 1,564
    Took an extended vacation to the desert southwest from Wisconsin in late April, driving our 2006 Grand Caravan. Overall fuel economy was 23.44. Best tank was 26.58. Worst tank was 20.99.

Several legs of the trip included extensive mountain driving during which the fuel economy interestingly didn't suffer much. In fact the worst tank was on the drive west from St Louis to Tulsa. We must have had strong head winds during that stretch. We generally kept the speed on the freeway stretches at the speed limit of 70 or 75 mph in the western plains.

I am pleased with the mileage, given the size of this vehicle. The 3.3 V-6 had all it could handle in the mountain driving, and if I drove in those conditions on a regular basis, would consider a larger engine version, but in our normal fairly flat daily driving, it is just fine. No vehicle problems during the trip whatsoever. It is only now at 31K on the odometer.
    To and from the beach.

Going there I had to haul paver base, 30 bags the first time (~50 lbs each), 25 the 2nd trip. Still managed ~26mpg.

Coming back we had no load and my wife drove - she averaged 28.5 mpg.

Still loving this engine.
  • marine2marine2 Posts: 1,155
    I just got back last week from a trip to Ohio, from Arizona and back. About 2100 miles one way.

I have a 2005 Dodge GC with the 3.8. We carried four people plus luggage. I averaged about 23mpg on the trip. Mountains didn't seem to bother the 3.8 one bit. Although I turned my cruise off when climbing them and coming down. I think it helped my mileage doing that.

I have gotten as high as 28.41 mpg - to 19.8mpg. I checked it with a calculator and over head computer. They were pretty close to each other.

I did get stuck several times in road construction where I had to sit and idle. Happy with what I got with the load I had on.
  • Well, coming home from work last night my T&C went into "limp-in mode" which means it would not shift out of 2nd gear. My commute is 60 miles one way so I went by way of the secondary roads instead of the interstate for safety reasons. Found out though that when I shut the car off and restarted that the computer reset and I could shift up to the higher gears until slowing down which would cause it to go back to limp-in mode. Then further investigation revealed that if I put it in neutral coming to a stoplight or slow down, the transmission would still shift to the higher gears and so the last half of the commute I was able to do 55mph at around 2K rpm. I have 225,000+ on the old beast so I cannot complain. Waiting for a read out of the transmission code to see what the diagnoses is going to be...... I get around 23.5 mph on the highway. Now the choice will be how much to spend on this car or buy a used with less mileage.... :sick: