Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 2004 and earlier

Comments

• markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    Tirerack is very helpful for plus sizing your tires/wheels -- even if you take the nominal 16" wheel tire specs and "plus zero" them.

a 205 x 55 x 16 does translate into a 225 x 50 x 16 in the plus zero size world and I did the same thing on a 1998 A4 with no tire rub issues.

The A4 is available with 17" wheels/tires -- and I personally would not plus size them if you choose to go "all the way" to the 17"'s -- I would, however, consider duplicating the size of the OEM tire (at the 17" size) on your new A4 -- and I would only consider a spring change that would lower the suspension only about 20mm (.8 inch) -- but that is a personal pref. I would certainly seek advice from someone who has lowered it if you wish to go lower than 20mm.

I believe you can buy the A4 sport suspension -- the actual one -- from Joe Hoppen Motorsports.

I have the AVS dbs on my A6 4.2 -- 255 x 40 x 17 -- they are excellent tires, more HP than AS though -- but acceptable as AS tires.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Edmunds.com has a very informative article by editor Brent Romans: Heel and Toe Downshift.

Hope it's helpful.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
  • keninplacitaskeninplacitas Member Posts: 120
    If you check the Audiworld '02 A4 forum, NuA4 just bought a set of 16" RU 950s. He posts quite often so he'll probably be providing some of the kind of input you're looking for.

On doing the Tirerack comparisons on 16" high performance tires (these are not the ultra high performance tires), the RU 950s were rated highest. I bought new 6 spoke 'Tango' wheels, and selected the close 2nd. 16" Dunlop SP Sport A2s because they were rated quietest and best in snow (they came in just under the RU 950s in everything else). I use them as all season tires. They've proven to be MUCH quieter than the 15" Pirelli P6s that came stock on the car and the car now seems to handle as well as my old 2000 A4 Quatro, Manual, Sport did.
    I have had HP, UHP and Maximum performance tires on Audis -- my wife has had Max and HP (all seasons) on her TT. I currently have Yokohama AVS dbs which are listed at Tirerack as Ultra-High Performance All season tires -- well at 255 x 40 x 17's, I think these tires lean a little more toward the UHP than the AS trait -- but my last Audi came with Dunlop SP9000's which, although they are summer tires are just about the best tires I have ever had. The Pirelli P6000's are my least favorite tires -- from day one the noise was terrible (Z rated).

I purchased PZero's for a '97 A8 I had and I loved them.

Problem is, when you try to get a tire that is "the best of both worlds" it often seems like not enough of either of the worlds.

So far, the Yokohama AVS db's seem to do a very good job of being Ultra High Performance and a fair job at being all season. Living in Cincinnati that is about the best single tire I can imagine -- the two sets (Summer and Winter) frankly, still seem like the best overall approach, but we have had so little winter weather for so many years, it is just hard to get much enthusiasm for the switch.

Dunlop, Pirelli and Yoko seem to have some very good hybrids -- another "high value" tire is Falken -- they have an Ultra High Performance AS tire too -- I can't remember the model off the top of my head tho.

The Pirelli P7000 is supposed to perform well, but a friend of mine put them on his A4 and the noise was so loud it darn near caused hearing loss.
  • rhm1rhm1 Member Posts: 1
    hello all. i am considering the new A4 (3.0, quattro), and have been shopping around the last week or so. every dealer i have talked to has refused to budge significantly from the sticker price, claiming that the demand is just too high? have others encountered the same problem? i really want this car, but it pains me to pay at or near sticker.

second question: is the bose system worth the extra money? i am not a huge audiophile, and unless the bose system blows the factory system away, i don't really want to spend the extra $.

thanks for your help.
  • jcphenryjcphenry Member Posts: 8
    To rhm1: dealers in the Washington, DC area have been selling A4s well below sticker. I bought my A4 3.0 Tip, metallic, leather, cold weather, Premium, Xenon and Sport for $2,400 below list with little haggle. They were even offering promotional financing. I don't know where you are looking, but there are dealers willing to deal right now.
  • entombedentombed Member Posts: 11
    Hello guys.
    I got questions about secutiry products.
    I got 2002 A4(of course)1.8T auto, and I tried to find any security products for my car.
    I found "unbreakable", but it's not fit with a4.
    Yesterday, I found another product. It's kind of a same product like unbreakable which can make hold a brake pedal, but different company, and cheaper. Anyway, they told me that I have to know my brake pedal stem(how wide my brake pedal is). Anybody know about pedal's stem? and any recomand security products?
    The upgraded audio in Audi's through model year 2001 is:

a. Better than the standard
    b. What the standard radio/cd speakers, etc should be
    c. IMO too expensive -- but what other choice?

On the other hand, I generally do go for the upgrade because there IS a noticable improvement in the quality. Bose upgrade is basically in the speakers -- the Bose upgrade seems punchy especially in the mid range and bass and a slight audible film is mostly erased in the treble.

But, the Audi system when compared to some (and it pains me to say this) American AND Japanese car systems are basically B or B+. The standard system, IMO, is about a C (although in the 2002 perhaps it is even better).
  • mulligan2mulligan2 Member Posts: 59
    Which would you buy for a communter/daily driver? The A4 would be a 5 sp. and the A6 would likely be a tip. due to scarcity of the 6 sp. manual.
  • vince217vince217 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks everyone for the advice regarding cars and credit rating. Aside from being 22 years old, Ive only recently moved to this country. So, I have lots to learn about "credit" here in the US. So, aside from being a first time buyer, Im a first time buyer with new credit. I dont have any "gremlins" in the closet... in fact, I have nothing at all (except credit cards) in my closet!

My first choice really was to buy a new car (last year), but the recent events etc. have forced me to reconsider going into a long-term loan and reduce my budget. You guys are all right, I should remain as liquid as possible. And I should (as early as now) build credit history. Right now, considering the economy, I dont think I want to go into something long-term

Mark, if an 1996 Audi is "dead or practically dead", whats the best car that could fit in my small budget? Now that you know a little more about my background. New or used, it doesnt matter.
    I like German cars, so of course, I would go with a VW considering your desire to conserve cash. And, I would lease one for no more than 39 months, and if the price is rightr 36 or fewer months.

But, then again, a friend of mine just leased a new Honda for 36 months and the "price was right." I assume the lease was really low bucks, that is.

I personally can't see myself in a Japanese car -- although I do think Subaru makes some good ones.

Try the VW, try the Honda and try the Subaru. On the other hand, another friend of mine's kid got a Neon R/T and it seems to be "high value" too.

Read the reports, take a test drive -- bet you buy the last one your drive. So save the VW for last.
  • jcphenryjcphenry Member Posts: 8
    you are only needing the car for commuting, why not also consider the A4 1.8T CVT, unless you need or want Quattro? The A6 2.7T is a nice car, as you probably already know, but it is a bit larger: more fuel, more expense, harder to park, higher insurance cost, all of the negatives of the larger and more expensive car(new, that is). If you need a family car though, then the choice is easy: the A6.
  • jmad325jmad325 Member Posts: 17
    Hi,
    I am wondering how to attach the front license plate for my 2002 A4. I was given a plastic mounting piece by the dealer which appears to require drilling into the bumper to be able to attach it. I am worried about damaging the bumper by doing this on my own but since I am not in the same city as where I bought the car, I can't go to my original dealer and have it done. The local dealer wants $45 to attach it since I didn't buy the car from him. I said no and left thinking I could do it myself. In the end I may just pay the money and get it done instead of risking damage to the car. How have you guys done this? I am in Texas and have been trying to find out if I even need a front license plate. Do any of you guys know? Thanks, Josh
  • silver_bulletsilver_bullet Member Posts: 1,339
    Yes, unfortunately TX does require a front license plate, which irritates me to no end. I hate the way it messes up the front end and spoils the designer's intent. However, for most of the past 20 years of living in Houston, I've gone without the front plate and never been hassled by police - they usually have more important things to worry about. Your local police may be bored, and you might not be so lucky. Just carry the plate in your trunk, and tell the cop you're trying to get an appointment to have the service department install it... they'll probably let you go. On the other hand, having no front plate gives the police "probable cause" to pull you over and ask other questions, so take your pick.
    $45!

I do not understand why the selling dealer didn't do it, unless you didn't ask -- but does the dealer that wants the $45 know that you are going to become his customer?

Wow! I am spoiled by Northland Porsche Audi here in Cincinnati!
  • lauk0dglauk0dg Member Posts: 563
    I am also irritated that Illinois requires front plates.....my front end is totally visually "ruined" by the plate. Anyhow when I was in Wisconsin I took the front plate off and yup the cops got more important things to worry about. Then the ex-Accord came to Illinois and in my Chicago suburb cops got nothing interesting to do except pulling me over for front plates and tinted windows. They gave me a warning for taking off the tint but after I used the same excuse as silver bullet (I even have the plate holder in the trunk and the cops didn't check for it), they let me go and told me to put the plate on later.

Mark, I think Jmad325 didn't buy the car from the local dealer who wanted to charge him $45. Why can't you go back to your local dealer when you do oil changes, Jmad? Just tell the cops when you got pull over that you are really trying to put it on next time you go to the dealership. And in the pre-02 A4's, yes the dealer needs to drill holes in the bumper to attach the plate holder which will definitely ruin the bumper. Dealers here automatically put front plate holders on and for guys who take off the holder later on, they need to buy a small cap to plug the ugly drill hole.....or they get new S4 bumpers, but they will forfeit the use of the fog lights if you go that route.....nah you won't, there's no S4 bumper that will fit your 02 yet.

And Mark, of course you are spoiled by that dealership.....how many Audi's have you bought from them??? :>

Billy
  • a4_4vincea4_4vince Member Posts: 25
    I just put down deposit couple days ago. The vehicle will be arriving the dealer in the first half of Feb.

Rocco, thanks for your help. You have been great!!!

Billy, I will be related to you pretty soon...will be proud Audi owners...8o)

Thank you all for the help during the purchasing process.

vince...8o)
  • jmad325jmad325 Member Posts: 17
    good news, I went back to the local place which intially wanted $45 to have them put it on. My temp plate was about to expire, and I was more worried about damaging the car than the $45 so I went in prepared to pay. Luckily though, one of the techs was putting plates on a new TT and the service advisor who initially wanted me to pay got him to put them on for free. I don't know why they changed their mind. I told them I would be coming to them for service after that, since he was nice enough to do it free. anyway, I must say I liked the clean lines of the bumper without the plate but I don't need any trouble from Houston police. thanks guys. josh
    Congrats on your purchase.....yup you will be one of us soon.....posting here nonstop all nite long :> So what are the specifics of your order??

Saw an 02 A4 3.0Q Amulet Red on the road this morning.....gorgeous :>

Billy
    Thanks. I got a silver/ebony leatherette 1.8T with Manual, Quattro, Xenon, 16", moonroof, and the Premium package. Paid a bit much in $29,245. They originally asked for 30.045. Did a search on priceline.com and got nothing in return. When I put down the deposit I wasn't too excited. But I now get more excited as I wait. Hopefully it comes sooner than the expected delivery date of early Feb.

vince...8o)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,417
    My Friend has an Amulet Red and I think it is an amazing color!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

I like Pearlescent White better...heheh..

vince...8o)
  • dej0dej0 Member Posts: 36
    Hi Gang,
    Well, I finally ordered my new A4. I got the 3.0Q w/ 6spd, sport, xenons and a moon roof. I did not care for any of the other stuff. What color? Amulet red with the beige 'ette. I had to order because the local dealer basically did not have any that were not fully loaded. I got $1100 off MSRP from the dealer and another $600 from Audi since I am a repeat customer. Apparantly, the money back from Audi changes month to month. The dealer is hopeful I'll get the car before April, but I will be surprised. It took 3 months to get the 1.8T. I am very excited. We will be driving this car up to Maine this summer (from NC), so I will be able to answer anyone's question about long distance traveling. So far, our '97 has been great for road trips.

congrats to the other new owners.
    but I can't ever see myslef spending $1200 on paint!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• dbbarrondbbarron Member Posts: 9
    Anyone know which systems on an '02 A4 1.8 tip work in reverse? ABS, ESP, Traction Cont, Brake Assist, etc. It's a long and slippery downhill trip down my driveway in reverse in the winter. All electronic help is appreciated (in addition to the winter tires). I'm on the brakes all the way down with little need to turn.

My '98 jeep looked up the brakes and did a near 180 the other day on the way down. ABS did not work in reverse, wheels locked, no other electronics aids on that vehicle. (Although the Jeep went right back up as though it was dry pavement). Not brave enough to try the Audi that day.
  • audibonaudibon Member Posts: 100
    Congrats on the new car! I know you are very excited and can't wait, kinda like being a kid again on Xmas morning isn't it?
    Billy, I see you have another silver A4 out there now that A4 4vince has made his selection..... :)
    BTW everyone we finally have SNOW here in the Chicago/Milwaukee region! Who'd a thunk the middle of Jan. for the first measureable snow? Billy, I am going to find a parking lot later tonight and fool around, how about you? Any powerslides in your future? :)
    Brian
  • rdl40rdl40 Member Posts: 60
    I plan on purchasing a A-4 '02 model in the next couple of weeks.
    My question to the Audi experts is about aftermarket wheels.
    Tire rack says that a BBS "RC" wheel 18x8.5 with
    235-40-18 tires will fit this car with no rubbing.
    Can somebody confirm this. Also what is the best high perf. summer tire can you recommend (I live in California).
    Thanks, Ron
  • aegus1aegus1 Member Posts: 29
    Ron,

I'm very happy with my Michelin Pilot Sports. Mine are size 225-45-17. They grip and ride great, and don't punish the ears either. They get very good marks and reviews at TireRack too.

After a month on my winter tires, I can also recommend the Dunlop Wintersport M2 (my size being 205-55-15). They are a bit less responsive than the Michelins but still quite good in all respects. I'm very impressed with how quiet they are for a 'snow' rated tire. I've had louder all-seasons. They haven't been truly tested in snow yet. Philly's only gotten one teeney little snow storm so far.

-Barry
    I really like the Dunlop SP9000
  • royaloroyalo Member Posts: 3
    Have had 7 Audis. Bought 98 A4 2.8 Q new in June 98. Ordered 02 A-4, 3.0Q Nov 12 2001. Cash no trade .Waiting for delivery. Some message boards mentioned $600 from Audi USA to loyal customers. Called Audi USA. Said one program ended 10/31. New program started 11/22 and that I am not eligible for the $600. Doesnt seem fair. Have others experienced this? Did others get the $600? Thanks
    Let's see I got two months free lease from Audi.

One on a 2001 TT and the other on a 2001 A6 4.2 --

The loyalty program pays up to $800 for a lease payment for one month for repeat AFS customers -- the key appears to be that you must be an AFS customer, since the money does not come from Audi per se, but from Audi Financial Services.

At least that is what they told me.
  • royaloroyalo Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Perhaps the money is avail for lease only. Did hear of buyer of 1.8 getting $400 when he picked up his car last week. Not sure where he lived. Msg is on Audiworld
    Why buy when you can lease? The "asset" depreciates, technology changes, new car fever cylces around now and again. Other than paying cash or zero percent interest -- why not lease? My dealer claims that over 75% of the Audi's he "sells" are leased and that that percentage is on the rise.

The only reason NOT to lease besides free money would seem to be annual milage above 18 - 20K.

The loyalty program is meant to recoginze repeat lease customers (again, that is what my dealer indicated to me).
    My friend with the '02 3.0Q just brought his car in for service because his Fuel Gauge just stopped working. The dealer has had the car for a few days and is waiting for a part (or 2) from Germany in order to fix it. When he finds out the problem, I'll be sure to post it.

• dej0dej0 Member Posts: 36
    When I ordered my '02 3.0Q they told me that Audi was offering $600 off MSRP for repeat customers. It was $800 off in December, but I was not ready at that point. I was steamed at my guy that I lost $200 even though I had called him back on December 31. Anyway, I may not even get the $600 since I had to order the car and the amount is not garanteed until delivery or some such. Anyway, he claims that Audi (probably Audi NA) always has some deal for repeat customers. He tried to imply that it might be even higher when my car comes in. It could be that I am getting it because I am turning in my '97 A4, but I would really grill your dealer. If they pretend not to have heard of it, contact Audi NA directly. I am sure they have sent me notices about this kind of thing before also.

Let's not debate leasing vs. buying. The 3 series board blew up with it over the last week. They are usually every bit as helpful and polite as the people here, but it has started to get ugly.

Did anyone else complete all 3 funny little double take 'mysteries' on the Audi web site in hopes of going to driving school in Atlanta?

Ned
  • cr8ncr8n Member Posts: 8
    A few days ago their was a series of questions on how to heel-and-toe downshift. Host Pat directed us to an excellent Edmunds article on the topic. Yesterday I picked up my A4, and noticed that there is a significant difference in Brake vs accelerator pedal height. I am not able to reach the gas with my foot on the brake.

Can pedal height be adjusted by the dealer?
    My point was not to suggest that if you determine buying or financing is best for you that you should only lease -- although I would (in a polite non-ugly fashion) argue that leasing is for most people the best choice -- it was to say that if Audi Financial Services has a "loyalty deal" and it applies to leasing (only), don't expect to get the deal if you are NOT leasing.

The fact that deals change from time to time is a fact of life. Who knows if the salesperson actually knew on December 31 or January 15th or November 15th? Based on what my dealer tells me, it would be to the salesperson's advantage to tell you as it does not alter the commission and it generally helps sell cars (and it does not, or at least did not when we leased our '01's come from dealer revenue either).
    Thanks and yes. You are right. I can't wait. It is going to be a such a big upgrade from a Corolla. Another silver A4 will be cruising down the road pretty soon.

vince...8o)
  • miamimarcmiamimarc Member Posts: 2
    I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about the new '02 Cab. while they were shopping for the sedan?
    I love the sedan, just dreaming I guess
    Whew just came back safely from a business trip to Wisconsin on a rental 01 Maxima.....too much power to the front wheels, too little tread left on the right front tire, too much snow fell in one day (well not that much, but 1st significant snow is always interesting), the end result of the equation = sliding around and miss my A4Q so much. Glad I made it back safe.

Audibon, well as I said I wasn't in Chicago so didn't get a chance to slide around in the A4 but the last few days was enough sliding for me. Still, driving the A4 last nite over some snow packed parking lot certainly I felt the Quattro at work sending power to wheels which didn't slip. Interesting and glad to know it works.

Rdl40, I've seen people here in Chicago having 235/40/18 tires on 18" BBS (forgot which model though) wheels with no rubbing. However, even two different tires having the 235/40/18 do not necessarily mean they have the same cross sectional sidewall thickness.....it only means they have the same tread size and aspect ratio.....and as you know it's the sidewall that usually rubs. I've heard people saying, for example, Dunlop SP5000 are plump and it might even rub with 225/45/17 if your suspension is lowered. Is your suspension lowered? Best place to ask the tire/wheel questions is at Audiworld Tire/Wheel forum.

Nyccarguy, apparently there were fuel gauge failures in the 95-01 models too. I've heard about that in Audiworld. People complaining they stopped working or they won't show "Full" even they put in a full tank of gas. Yeah please let us know what your friend finds out from the dealer.

A4_4Vince, where are you again? Just saw a dolphin grey 02 A4 1.8TQ covered with road salt down the road.....it looks really awesome from the back end, especially the dual exhausts.

Miamimarc, there is a guy in our Audi car club here in Chicago that his mum just put down her name in the #1 spot in a local dealer for a 02 A4 Cabriolet QUATTRO. As you may know, Audi only says the upcoming Cab will be a 3.0 but Fronttrac and not a Quattro. According to him, the dealer checked with AoA and it might show up as soon as later this year. Truth or lie, time will tell. I'm gonna ask that question when some of us at the Audi club goes to the Chicago Auto Show next month.....and of course, take some pics :>

Billy
    Had just a little too much fun with your rental Maxima? It's good to know you got home safe. I am in Portland, Oregon. And that's the main reasons I had to pay what I paid. There is only one Audi dealer in town.

Dolphin gray is cool but I just can't think of myself driving one. Silver or ebony pearl does me just fine. Oh, I almost forget pearlescent white..hehe.

vince...8o)
    Yup pearlescent white is nice but it's a really expensive option......plus most people will think we are dumb to think that the "WHITE" color worths that much.....hehe. Oh yeah, silver is the best.....and the fastest too :> Only 1 dealer in Portland? We got 8 here in Chicago :> I guess next time when I'm in town for business I'll look for that ONE dealership :>

Hope you can get your A4 ASAP :>

Billy
  • art42art42 Member Posts: 4
    '02 A4 1.8T/5sp/quattro/sport susp, Amulet Red/black interior. Had since early Dec '01. Right now close to 7K miles. I like the car so far, as it is a substantial improvement over my previous one ('00 A4 FWD 1.8T).
    However, even though the dealers do love to brag about 45% increase in torsional whatever, this car rattles and squeeks (all inside - dashboard, A & B pillars, etc). And it is so annoying, especially for something that you pay more than $30K. Yes, Audi has excellent design, quality materials, decent engines, but build quality definitely could be better. If at least the car could wait until 40-50K to start making those noises...
    Otherwise, I love extra space, sporty front seats, improved handling and steering. The car is certainly a pleasure to drive long distances, something that I do on a daily basis. On the other hand, transmission & clutch could definitely use some improvement (if comparing to 3 series).
    Final impression: cannot wait for the coupe and cabriolet to come out.
    Lauk0dg...I have read that a version of the A4 Cabroilet will be available with Audi's legendary Quattro All Wheel Drive System (Sorry, just wanted to sound like a marketing weenie).

I begged my friend to buy winter wheels/tires for his '02 3.0Q (SP & 6 Speed). He said he got by fine last winter with the Z rated tires he put on his Maxima and he felt with Quattro he wouldn't need snow tires. It snowed in Connecticut on Saturday and he was sliding all over the road. He's debating whether it is worth it to buy Snow Tires for a the few times a year it snows. I'm not trying to start a Winter/Snow Tire vs. All Season Tire debate. Just stating what happened to my frioend who kept his Conti's on.

I think your friend should switch to Dunlop SP5000. Heard from numerous people here in Chicago that it's a decent combination of performance and traction under wet/snowy/icy conditions. But again, to get a compromise between both worlds you can't get the best of both worlds. If he got the $$ to pay for a $40 thou car he should be ready to pay for an extra set of winter shoes. The compound in the summer tires basically freezes up in the winter and the tires don't stick to the road.

Billy
    about the rubber compound freezing up in the winter. I told him about it as well. He just didn't want to listen. He's going down to the tire shop today to check out his options.

• rdl40rdl40 Member Posts: 60
    Art if you had to do it over again would you buy the Audi or the BMW?
    I'm getting close to a purchase. If I bought the A-4 I would put 18' wheels on. Also do you find the sport pkg. too hard? Did you drive a non spt. pkg. car?
    Thanks, ron
  • art42art42 Member Posts: 4
    I would probably still take Audi, probably because every car will have its shortcomings and Audi still has the best design (inside & out). Also, its engine is decent, handling is good, and of course lets not forget the quattro. Plus, it has price advantage over BMW. My '00 A4 so far proved to be fairly reliable.
    Concerning the sport package - if you gonna get 18 inch wheels then definitely think twice before ordering it, unless you would drive on smooth (make that very smooth) surfaces - no potholes whatsoever. That is one thing that I would change if I could - get 17 (or even maybe 18) inch wheels without the sport package.
    The test car that I drove had non-sport package and it handled fairly decently (I was testing it, among other places, on fairly good country roads (Blue Ridge mountains, Virginia)).
    Test the sport package if you can get a chance.
    Good luck.
    P.S. make sure to get the Bose, they improved it
    quite a bit.
  • gymshoegymshoe Member Posts: 80
    take a look at the edmunds homepage http://www.edmunds.com/

take a good look at the girl on the left side holding the TMV sign....

now...take a look at this site.

http://help.broadband.att.com/

on the left hand column, below the menu options...the girl AT&T is calling "Meet Eva!"

now tell me...is that the SAME girl?!

WEIRD??? Hehehehe....

now for something audi related so my post doesn't get censored for being off topic..

took my car in to get the rattle that it's had since i took delivery. some metal plate underneat the exhaust system was missing a lug nut, a spacer, and a spring!! incredible...well..they got it fixed and it's not making any more metallic rattles! yay!

• scirocco22scirocco22 Member Posts: 721