Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 2004 and earlier

Comments

• joyridea4joyridea4 Member Posts: 48
    Billy, yes you are correct the engine is a detuned 2.5 STI engine, less boost then the sti. Sorry for the confusion.
    It is amazing what they can extract from these turbo engines when they want too. I have a new respect for turbos now. My next Audi may have one. At least I will have an open mind while researching.
    Glad to see you are still out there on the board.
    Don
  • joyridea4joyridea4 Member Posts: 48
  • lauk0dglauk0dg Member Posts: 563
    Don, I agree it's amazing how they can harvest so much power from turbocharged engines. Let's hope Audi builds the engines strong enough to withstand the extra power. Although the engine's mighty fine right now, my engine head went bad when the car was about 1.5 yrs old. Didn't leave me stranded.....just some very loud ticking noise like a big block diesel. Warranty replaced it for free but it can easily cost a few grand parts and labor. They never said what's wrong with the head.....I suspect it's the lifters hitting something. Dunno if it's the extra turbocharged pressure that caused it.

Have a nice (belated) Thanksgiving!

Billy
  • brave1heartbrave1heart Member Posts: 2,698
    Looking to do my first oil change on an 01 A4 1.8T. Does anyone have directions better than these (more pics would be great)

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/

I will be using my MityVac fluid extractor instead of the drain plug and would like to know what's the easiest way to replace the oil filter. What tools do I need?
    You can post on AW and ask the guys for pointers and directions as well.

Billy
  • jchenry1jchenry1 Member Posts: 1
    Today is the two year anniversary of my ownership of my 2002 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro and, alas, the car is sitting in the lot at Rockville Porsche-Audi (MD) awaiting evaluation for its latest engine failure episode. I had the coils replaced this past September as part of the voluntary recall by Audi of America. In late October, the car experienced a disabling engine failure requiring a tow from my home and ultimately replacement of the ECU. Yesterday, on my way home from my Thanksgiving holiday travel, the car lost all engine power (engine shaking, flashing check engine light) inconveniently and dangerously in mid-merging traffic on the Capital Beltway. So after a sunset flatbed trip, the car sits awaiting diagnosis. I am only glad the breakdown didn't occur somewhere more remote. As you might expect, this experience doesn't exactly give me confidence in Audi products. I have driven 39K miles on this car, and I like many of its features, but I am reluctant to keep it beyond the warranty period(50K, 4yrs) . So far, besides the engine failures, I have had the horns replaced, some trim replaced near the driver door, a couple of hoses replaced in the coolant system,
    and the usual recommended service. Have any readers had similar problems with their A4s after the
    coils replacement? I like many things about this car, but I also need a reliable vehicle, and none of the cars I have owned previously have had as many problems in the first two years of ownership as this one has.
  • cyberpmgcyberpmg Member Posts: 83
    I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had. Your description of your recent problem sounds exactly like what would happen when an ignition coil fails. You might want to make sure that the dealer did replace all coils with the latest revision. All of mine are the revision "E" coils for the 3.0.

You might have to replace the catalytic converter (maybe both) as a result of running with a failed coil. Because a cylinder was shut down from the failed coil, some raw fuel would have travelled through the exhaust and can damage the cat converter. Since the 3.0 has a true dual exhaust, one or both converters may be damaged.

I've had my 2002 A4 3.0 for just over 2 years and have 54,000+ miles on it. The only thing that has happened since was a relay that was faulty causing the exterior lights to blink off and back on every minute (and caused the motor to the wiper arms to fail as well). Everything was quicky repaired with no new occurrances.

Looking forward to the next 50,000+ miles. =)
    This covers the 00-01 A4 1.8T cars as well as 00-01 A8 4.2L, 00-01 TT 1.8T, 00 A6 and S4 2.7L bi-turbo vehicles.

"As part of Audi's committment to our environment, we would like to inform you of our decision to extend your Emissions Control Ssytems Warranty for mass air flow sensors to 7 yrs or 70,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's original in-service date."

"The mass air flow sensor is an important emission control device which, in the event it malfunctions, causes the MIL light on your instrument panel to come on and may adversely affect the driveability of your vehicle."

Interesting enough, the Evap Purge Valve feeding the gas vapor back from the gas tank to the engine malfunctioned in my car and was replaced under warranty.

Anyone else got this?

Billy
  • tcasboytcasboy Member Posts: 214
    I have a 2001 A4 1.8 with 5 speed manual. I got the same letter from Audi last week.
  • davkingdavking Member Posts: 51
    I got it too. Does this mean they have had to replace an inordinate number of them or that they have found they last longer than predicted?
  • tim_hooligantim_hooligan Member Posts: 143
    I got the letter too (2001 A4 1.8T )

Have a new problem with my A4 though. In temps below about 40, my air bag light comes on and will flicker as the car warms up. Only happens in cold weather. Any ideas?

Also, any DC metro area people have experience with dealer service? I've been going to HBL in Tyson's, but hate them. They hate me too. Worst service ever. How is Rockville? Alexandria?
  • talonsmatalonsma Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 03 A4 5Speed with Sport Package after reading that the coil issue was finally put to rest this past April. Well...I also had the shaking engine upon starting with the Check Engine Light flashing. I turned off the car and restarted and all was fine. The dealership said one of the coils went bad and have replaced all 4 and everything seems fine and the dealership couldn't have been more helpful.

Does anyone else not have a high idle (1200rpm) when it's below freezing ? When it's warmer than freezing I get the high idle and it will slowly lower as the car warms up but when it's extremely cold I get the normal 750-800rmp idle and it takes forever for the car to warm up. Has anyone else experienced this ? My dealer says it's normal and even the loaner car I had while the coils were being replaced did the same.
    You may have had one of the earlier built 2003 models that were still subject to faulty ignition coils, but I'm glad that the dealer was able to quickly replace all of them for you.

For the idle, mine is the same way. No big deal, you can drive it to warm it up faster (higher RPMs).
    Davking, I think the warranty extension on the MAF means that they have a settlement with EPA. Like if they show good will that they'll make sure the MAF works and that the EPA won't go after AoA. Typical trick the industry likes to do, instead of recalling all cars and change out the MAF.

Talonsma, yeah here in Chicago we're experiencing 20F mornings. The idle speed was below 1,000rpm at around 800rpm, whereas during warm weather it was 1,200rpm and come back down to around 800rpm after the car's been driving around for a while. Like cyberpmg said, just drive the car around and avoid extended warm-ups. The manual says the same. I usually just warm it up 15-30 seconds and start driving (not aggressively).

Billy
  • twilliatwillia Member Posts: 29
    I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but can anyone tell me how many front seat cup holders the A4 has? Based on pictures I have seen there looks like there is a "pop-out" cut holder in the console, but that looks like it. Is that the only cup holder and is it sturdy?

Thanks.

Tony
    For my B5 (96-01) A4, there are two in between the seats, plus the one that you said that pops out from the center console. It's fairly sturdy, although I have to admit the Germans might have over-engineered that piece. There are comments that there had been episodes of coffee spills down the center console and get trapped in between the buttons.

I think the B6 (02-) A4's have the same number of cup holders and same locations.

Billy
  • andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,369
    There's no flip out cupholder in the dash of my '98 B5 2.8Q Avant, nor was there one in the '98 sedan I had. Perhaps later B5s had them.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• gearhead10gearhead10 Member Posts: 84
    In the B6 there are two in the armrest between the seats in addition to the one on th dash. They're in a bad location if you have an MT, right at your elbow. So all three aren't very useful IMHO. Only thing i dislike about the car though.
  • andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,369
    A4s are for driving not for sipping :^)

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• 204meca204meca Member Posts: 369
    I am very close to purchasing a 2004 A4 w 1.8T that has California emissions controls. Do these
    "controls" have any significant impact on performance, gas mileage, maintaince or reliablity.
  • twilliatwillia Member Posts: 29
    "In the B6 there are two in the armrest between the seats in addition to the one on the dash."

Thanks for the response. The closer I look at the pictures, I figured that must be where the cupholders are located.

Thanks.
  • gearhead10gearhead10 Member Posts: 84
    Agreed! But a cappucino tastes so much better in my A4 ;)

Seriously, the interior is nearly flawless, the gauges are very easy to read and the red lighting looks great at night :)
  • scirocco22scirocco22 Member Posts: 721
    204meca-- It is my understanding that they're all "50 State" cars. The 1.8t is now rated ULEV so it easily meets Northeast and California emission qualifications. According to this thread over at AudiWorld, only the emissions "paperwork" is different in California.

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/340172.phtml

Therefore, there is no impact at all on performance, gas mileage, maintaince or reliablity.

--'rocco
  • sdradioguysdradioguy Member Posts: 101
    I'm not sure 2004 A4s are "50 state" cars, because my '04 A4 has the CA and Northeast emission package -- for an extra $150. I'd be a little upset if it turns out I paid $150 for just paperwork, and not an emissions system that actually reduces the bad stuff that comes out of the twin exhaust.

It's not clear to me whether the A4 is "50 state" simply because the extra emissions package can be ordered in any state. If both engines are certified ULEV to begin with, then why are CA and NE buyers forced to pay more?
    David-- Wow! I didn't realize that there was a $150 charge. From what I was reading over at AudiWorld, it seemed that it was a no-cost "option" so you're absolutely right, there's got to be more than just "paperwork" involved. We should ask that question over there at AudiWorld. I'm curious about that now.

--'rocco
  • tiredofmanualtiredofmanual Member Posts: 338
    I wouldn't be so quick to call the interior flawless. Those 6 buttons on the radio (radio presets when listening to the radio, CD player controls when listening to a CD) are absolutely terrible. They lack the feel of all the other buttons in the interior, and give the impression of very low quality.

Of course, those are the 6 buttons I use most often, which probably makes it seem worse than it really is.
  • sdradioguysdradioguy Member Posts: 101
    I'm not here to start a debate, but I think there are many ways in which the A4's interior is flawless, and (sometimes seriously) flawed.

Flawless:

-seating position
      -placement of controls
      -lighting, lighting, lighting
      -nicely camouflaged airbags (esp. on pass. side)
      -material quality on most surfaces (not crazy about feel of control stalks on steering wheel, but it is an improvement over ones I've test driven in the past)
    Flawed:

-sun visors (almost useless, especially when the sun is on your side)
      -cup holders (the one on the dash is for decoration only. the one in the center console is just in the way)
      -that %*$&# aluminum strip on the dash. I will never buy another car that has ANYTHING this shiny in the interior. I get blinded by the extra-shiny "quattro" logo as I drive home each morning. I don't know how to solve that other than put masking tape over the blasted thing, and we all know that's not an acceptable solution.

I'm also not a fan of the stereo and climate control buttons. There are too many of them, and they look and feel too much alike. Luckily, the auto climate control is so good, I can set it when I start the car, and forget it. As for the stereo, I just hope the preset buttons don't pop out on me. I've read this has happened to other A4'ers.

After 4,000 miles, I really don't have much to complain about. Just two unscheduled visits to the dealer -- one to fix a wiring mixup with the XM radio, and another to reset a check engine light that came on for no reason the service department could find. I've built up enough confidence in this car to go ahead and sell the Civic which I had been keeping as a spare.
  • sanman2sanman2 Member Posts: 5
    Hi all. This is my first post. I am considering leasing an A4 quattro 1.8t w/manual tranny. My other top choice is a BMW 325xi. I have driven both, and my initial impression is that the BMW is much more fun to drive, though the Audi certainly felt competent. My dilemma is this: I would prefer to save some money, and the Audi will come with many more options and cost me about $100.00 less a month. I could use some feedback from Audi owners who really love to "drive" their 1.8t's. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I was unable to find a decent dialogue on the subject. Thanks for any and all help!
  • wannaudiwannaudi Member Posts: 4
    sanman2,
    I was considering the exact cars you are when I finally pulled the trigger on a 2003 a4 1.8t w/all options this summer. I could not be happier with the car-the only thing I regret is not getting a 2004-I really want xm radio and the all-season tires, not to mention the 6spd...bmws are great cars, but you just can't beat the audi for value-I got an incredible deal on mine up here in mass. (wagner in boylston) and couldn't be happier. A similar BMW with the options I have (sport, premium, xenon, bose, etc) would cost well over 35K. After 6 months with this car I have no hesitation recommending it to anybody, and 2 friends of mine have recently made the switch from 3 series to a4s. It handles on rails and with snow tires the traction is better than on my g/f's suv. I considered the tsx as well as I had always had good luck with hondas/acura but it just didn't have the styling I was looking for. Same with the saab 9-3-great car, very quick, but it just felt cheap inside compared with the audi (you can't beat that red lighting at night). I also hear that the quattro is a far superior awd system than bmw's, and for me the 1.8, while a tad underpowered, is more than enough, especially once I chip it in a few months...good luck with your decision, you really can't go wrong with either car. Audiworld.com is also a great site for a4 info if you need any more convincing!
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    I read the post about the BMW vs the Audi wondering how to respond then the writer said the Audi would be both higher content and $100 less per month.

Gee, this is hardly a reasonable comparison other than the obvious way "if price did not factor in."

So, if the answer to the question, which one would you buy "if they were the same price. . .I would get the BMW," well you have answered the question yourself, since the differences are not "diminimus."

I too test drove the Audi, the Passat GLX w/4Motion and the BMW 3 series "X" version. The monthly payment differences could only be mitigated by decontenting the BMW and the VW was the most expensive on the lease.

The Audi A4 1.8T with all options, 6spd and if you desire, "Ultimate Sport" package (ask about it) will be higher in content and lower in price than the BMW. The Audi at 170HP, will, however, not be as strong (in the HP and torque department) as the BMW.

The BMW therefore MAY be worth more if you place any value on the accelerative differences, for example, between the two cars. However, the Audi should have "higher" content for lower bucks and "comparable" performance.

Did the Audi A4 1.8T you tried have the sport package?
  • 204meca204meca Member Posts: 369
    Yes, tis true that the CA emissions costs $150. I posted this question in the thread at Audiworld, though the thread is pretty old. Hopefully will get a response soon.
    Daniel-- Just in case you don't read my response over there in the other thread, I'll do a quick cross-post here:

*heh* here all this time I thought you were in CA. Roger Jobs is my dealer and it's an excellent dealership. They have a good reputation and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the service there.

Give Tony a call or e-mail him on your question about how much the CA emissions will hurt performance ...if it does at all. He's the service manager and if he doesn't know, I'm sure he'll find out.

Sounds like you made an excellent deal. It's difficult to get a "steal" on a new Audi here in the PNW. I talked about this on these Edmunds boards several years ago, ad nauseam. It was frustrating to me how folks in other parts of the country could make these fantastic deals and here in the PNW, we had almost "take it or leave it" pricing. I think it is somewhat better now that the economy has slowed but still, here in this region, we still seem to pay more for our Audis than anywhere else.

I hope you'll have good luck and tremendously enjoy your new A4 when it arrives.

Btw, Tony is also the Porsche service manager there at RJM so I'm pretty sure he'll know performance issues.

I'll try to find your post over there at AudiWorld and follow it because I'm curious just what that $150 is buying.

--'rocco
  • glga4qtroglga4qtro Member Posts: 3
    All, I have been an avid reader of this board for over two years, at which during that time I was researching vehicles that I was very interested in. I had my research narrowed down to the BMW 330xi and the A4 3.0 Quattro. I decided on a black/black A4, 3.0 quattro maxed out except for nav. system and sport package (ride is to stiff for my liking). I decided on this car mostly because of the quattro system. However, styling, cost, and just plain overall appeal also had a lot to do with my decision. I've had my car for nine months and have 19,000 miles on it already (this car is really hard not to drive), with the only problem being a faulty fuel pump which was replaced under warranty. I have to tell you all, I'm in the military stationed in Europe and have been the last 10 of 13 years. I have a total understanding of European traffic laws, which in some ways are more liberal than the U.S., but also safe at the same time. With that being said, I have driven this car to it's governed limits for miles on end traveling between Belgium and Germany, and on some of the smoothest and twistiest roads you'll ever want to drive on in your life!!!! For me personally, I think the true measure of the car is how it handles at it's max speed. I have done that with this car and it is absolutely a tremendous driving experience at speed!!! I have driven my 95 BMW over some of the same routes several times, and I have found virtually no difference in the drivability of both cars. For those that are shopping and comparing between the two, I would say it's a matter of personal taste and preference, but will also say the A4 is right there with BMW, no question about it. Keep in mind this strictly my opinion, so which ever car you choose drive safe and have fun with it!!

PS..I'm going to regret the day I have to return to the U.S. and drive in the Chicagoland area!! OULALA!!
    Glad to hear that the B6 A4 is up there with the BMW at the European circuits. I've always wondered how the BMW compares to the A4 in a combination of high speed and twisty roads.

Well hey, it will take you some time to get back to the Chicagoland driving habits, i.e. no rules at all. I would say the most important thing is to meditate and not to swear when you see bad driving habits exhibited by some mindless drivers.

Billy
    well I know it's going to be an adjustment. I have found that to be true each time I have come home on leave. I have gotten so used to being in the left lane, and while doing so I'm passing people!! Here in Europe if your in the left lane you will be passing period!! Not on a cell phone, reading a paper, putting on makeup or any of those things that we as Americans like to do while driving except driving!! Driving here is a serious business and it's very frustrating for me each time I come back to the States!! However, I know I will adjust. It makes me wonder though, if we charged as much as they do here in Europe to get a license, would we take driving more seriously?? For the mean time, I'm enjoying my A4 here while I have the opportunity!!
    You going to import the A4 back to the States after you are done with your rotation in Germany? It'd be something to check out a German spec A4!

Billy
  • ccampbell4ccampbell4 Member Posts: 60
    I'm considering a used 2.8. This would be my first Audi. I'm a bit nervous about reliability. The car is Silver, has 38,770 miles, and all options - including dual power seats, heated, rear side air bags, cd changer, etc. It looks like I could get it for 23k with the certification program. Does that sound fair? It has one small trim piece in the trunk broken and a rock scratch on the hood about 3/4" long - otherwise looks great. Thanks!
  • mbnut1mbnut1 Member Posts: 403
    For that much money I would consider going the rest of the way to a 2002
  • synergy7synergy7 Member Posts: 1
    I was told by a local dealer that 2004 A4 3.0s without the Premium package are hard to come by. I checked their inventory online as well as that of a competing dealer and it appears to be the case.

I'm looking to get a base 3.0 with the Cold weather package but have been told that this is nearly impossible. Is this true?
    . . .if you order it.

Of the over 25 Audis my wife and I have owned, we have ordered over 20. The experience of ordering the car and having it come exactly as you want it is very satisfying.

If you want an A4 with Cold Package and nothing else, order it. They will build it then will sell it and you will, presumably, be happy.

You don't have to take what is in inventory.
  • mbnut1mbnut1 Member Posts: 403
    Drove my friends new M3 tonight. My A4 felt like I was driving around with the brake on afterwords. That car is incredible, hitting each gear was like lighting off another Saturn V booster stage. Also the steering was extremely direct and the car was much more balanced and neutral compared to the A4. I didn't push it as had as I would a Quattro car though. I really like having Quattro to back me up when when going gets hairy. I guess maybe a spin in a new S4 is order.
    I have driven, twice, the new 6spd manual S4 -- you will not be disappointed when comparing this to the M3 -- and then you can remember that the S4 has all wheel drive and, uh, what was that other car again. . .?
    Billy..We have a unique opportunity while overseas to order U.S. spec, AUDI/VW, BMW, SAAB, VOLVO, and most U.S. makes through various Military/NATO sales dealers here. We also get them tax free and usually at a fixed price set by the manufacturer, therefore there's no negotiating the price. The price each year is based on the exchange rate, and right now it just plains sucks!!! Unfortunately, I can't reveal how much I paid for the black/black A4 3.0 Quattro I purchased, but the base price allowed me to get the premium package, cold weather package, and Bose stereo. I will only have to pay the sales tax if I register it in Illinois, which is something I'm not going to do. If I'm not retired, by the time I come back to the States, then whatever State I'm stationed in, I'll register as a non-resident which will exclude me from having to pay State sales tax, and all of the other fees that go with the registration process.

Now, on another note. The majority of Europeans buy the 1.9L TDI. I have seen a few 2.0 A4's, but because of the price of gas here, most drive diesel injected cars. I will tell all the read this board, that those cars will run in excess of 130 MPH! I have been passed on the autobahn while cruising at the governed speed and couldn't catch a VW Golf 1.9 TDI! This is very common. The adjustment for me should I return in August instead of three years from that point, will definitely be the driving!!
    Wow that's good deal.....but hey that's in exchange for your time serving the country there, right? Yeah were the exchange rates a lot lower than now you'd get a even better deal, right?

Yeah I was driving on the Tristate heading north yesterday and i was doing 80-85 with a couple of other cars and then all of a sudden this BMW 530i just blew past us at 110 or so. Rather stupid if you ask me, since he's sneaking in and out of traffic. No passing only on the left here in Chicago. Btw the law just came into effect here that says cars cannot stay in the left lane of a highway more than 0.5 miles unless traffic doesn't warrant it to stay to the right.

I've seen more Jetta TDI's lately. Guess they like the gas economy and the torque on the diesel vehicles!

Billy
  • wangddswangdds Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how well does the Navigation system on Audi A4 quattro works? I wanted my new A4 with that option and there wasn't any, so i had to wait for 3 months. Is it worth the wait?
    First from the perspective of a person who has been buying, almost exclusively, Audis since my first one in 1977 (a 1978 model 5000) -- don't "most people" order their cars from Germany custom built to their own wants and needs? (I know, really I do, that people don't). Ordering a car EXACTLY as you want it (assuming you can't get what you want from stock) is like dining at a great restaurant: first you read the menu, order the befores, main, sides and afters; then the meal arrives over a 3 to 4 hour period and you leave feeling like you have enjoyed a great experience.

Check out the brochures, test drive the cars on the lot -- configure EXACTLY what you want, wait 4 months and you will have the feeling "that new car feeling" twice in 4 months. As Carly Simon says: "anticipation. . . ."

Above reflects a lot of the "spirit" of the way I wish things happened -- probably not what Audi wants, also a little tongue in cheeky-ness and much more than a pinch of truth. Drive it like YOU live YMMV.

The nav system is worth it, unless you never stray from familiar territory. I even use it to navigate around my "relatively small city," Cincinnati -- especially if I am on a client visit and I have not been to the client's location; or, if I am going to the "new restaurant" in East Egypt sub-urban Cincinnati or Columbus. When we take cross country (200 - 250 miles one way) trips, you can use the "find" function for gas stations, ATMs and restaurants (hmmm seems to be a theme here).

My wife and I consider the sat nav a safety and convenience feature. Traffic Jam?!? Push the traffic jam button and you are re-routed around the problem.

Accurate -- about 97% of the time. Complete -- well for where we drive: Cincinnati, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Dayton, Cleveland -- about 95% of the time.

Gripes -- CD not DVD; smaller gripe -- no "moving map" but I've been in my friend's BMW with the moving map, and the commands and the accuracy are the same. Another friend has a Lexus and it's nav is DVD, which would be nice but I have only changed my CD once, when I drove to a meeting in Indianapolis -- no biggie.

Sat nav, among other things that as the Doobie Brothers once said (paraphrased) "What once were vices (excesses, perhaps) are now necessities (virtues, to be accurate.)"
    It's not the latest and greatest system on the market. Audi is undergoing a change with their Nav system. The new A8 now uses a DVD-based system with a center dash map display. The rumor mill from Audi is that a scaled down version will find their way to the other models by 2005. A smaller version now exists on the A3 (not yet available in North America).

I don't have the system, but I have friends who have them and love them. It's a no-frills system that will let you know when you need to turn and where you are. If you're on the road a lot or like to go on long trips, it's a valuable asset.

I'll probably get one when the time comes for my next Audi. In the meantime, I'm now looking into getting a PDA/GPS system that I can mount and use while I'm on the road.
  • taylor_75_75taylor_75_75 Member Posts: 4
  • taylor_75_75taylor_75_75 Member Posts: 4
    OPPS.........

Anyway, i just ordered a A4 3.0 6-SPD.....does anyone have a silimar experience on ordering...just trying to come up with rough estimate on the delivery date.

As Homer Simpson says........"MMMMMMMMM.......Deliveryyyyyyyyyy"

Holler
    My experience in ordering (and I have ordered over 20 Audis): shortest time 11 weeks, longest time 11 months (the first TT). I generally plan on about 15 weeks.

I wouldn't have one any other way -- unless, of course they had EXACTLY the car I wanted on the lot. Hasn't happened yet (well, OK, once or twice).

Twice as much fun to order YOUR car -- fun to order and fun to pick it up!

Audi probably cringes when they see this in print, since they know most Americans "want it now!" and if they don't have it on the lot the customer may go to another brand where the inventory is more plentiful.

Problem is, I always seem to want that one option or one combination that is only availble in Screaming Chicken Fat Yellow at the dealer.

I usually get sat nav and stick shift. Other than my own cars, I have never seen "on the lot" a combination like that. Or, I want, sat nav+On*star plus stick shift and parktronic but no summer package with Bose -- well you get my drift; ordering is half the fun!