Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S80

1737475767779»

Comments

• hook66hook66 Posts: 2
    Fuel door issue. Volvo S80 2001. 100k miles. 2.9L. The motor does not close the door. It does not get 12V during central looking closing, only reacts during opening: 12V to the motor during closing. Both open/close relays RM211/212 seem ok. What type of signal makes the motor/plunger close the door? A reversed 12V signal? The fuel door is mechanically perfect. Confused.
  • curt587curt587 Posts: 4
    I tried pressing the button (it wasn't illuminated) and i still could not get the trunk to open with the remote or manually. Any other suggestions? Only opens with the key.
  • The solution is simple buy a new car... haha sorry couldn't help that one. Seriously though, check the fuse on the lock. What probably happens you unlock it and try to unclock it but like any door if the lock never unlocks it wont open unless you have the key that is manually unlocking it.
  • woo3woo3 Posts: 1
    hey having similiar problems with my 99 volvo also, my temperature gauge always doesnt work properly.It seems to only operate when the car about to run hot. Leak antifreeze i notice it comes from the cooliant container above. Are these similarties thank you.
  • fanciegurlfanciegurl Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT AND TELL ME WHY I HAD HEAT YESTERDAY, AND NOW TODAY NO HEAT/AC AND NO LIGHTS ON THE CLIMATE CONTROL PANEL!? ALSO NO LED ON THE PARKING GEARS. IT SEEMS LIKE IT DOESNT HAVE ANY POWER TO IT, BUT THE CIGARETTE LIGHTER WORKS.........WTF IT'S COLD OUT! I CANT EVEN DEFROST MY WINDOWS! IS OR HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE???!! ALL FUSES WORK, THE POWER MODULE WORKS AS WELL........UUUHHHHHHH!
  • I am having the same problem did you figure out what make it do this? If so please email me back !
  • This has happened to me a number of times on various cars. It was always a problem with the battery. Have your electrical system checked.
  • I am looking at purchasing a 2002 Volvo S80 2.9 for my daughter. I need her to have a reliable and safe vehicle. I know Volvo's have the safety issue covered. I have been told that from 98-04 the S80 had serious issues. Can someone speak to that? My daughter loves the car so I have to be the voice of reason if it is going to be a money pit.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,903
    I can't give you any info regarding that Volvo model but may I suggest that you look at something newer and perhaps Japanese for you daughter.

Volvo does have a reputation for safety but the other brands have caught up. What Volvo does have a reputation for is expensive repairs and so-so reliability.
  • madhurao1madhurao1 Posts: 10
    I don't think the volvo is any worse for repair than comparable  cars.  Replacement parts can cost a lot.  Also the GM 4 speed transmission is an issue and a common need for repair after 75000 miles - my opinion.  This is the cutoff for aftermarket insurance. Still given the distractions of drivers today with email and gps the safety of the volvo trumps other cars.  A transmission is replaceable loved ones aren't.   Maybe you can buy a good aftermarket insurance product- check costco for this.
  • lntlnt Posts: 192
    There aren't very many posts on this site!! I love toyotas, but the seats in my -05 Avalon limited as well as the seats in the 2013 I sat in today are not comfortable. I have heard Volvo seats are great, but I am concerned about the reliability and also the dealerships close to me are all In Dallas or Fort Worth. I can't handle driving in those cities! I am wondering if a Ford Dealership could do oil changes and maintenance that isn't warranty work. Also, are the seats as comfortable as I have heard?
  • Hi, suggest you check out reliability for Volvo S80's on jdpower's site. The seats are quite incredible. Toyota's reliability will be hard to beat for any other car maker. But it appears that Volvo S80's have held their own. The current style came out with the 2007 model, so they have had 6 years to perfect it.