Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura Legend

Comments

• smithedsmithed Member Posts: 444
    Thanks for your reply. She drove it back to college on Monday morning (about 250 miles) without the transmission light flashing. Since I bought it used in August, I don't know when the fluid and filter were last changed. The fluid looks fine, but I'm going to have the maintenence performed while she has it home for Christmas. There are 110,000 total miles now.
  • qzbackqzback Member Posts: 7
    cale- radiator cracking is one of the more common problems with the Legend. Also, a tendency for the driver's seat to "rock" is another common one.
    I had to have my radiator replaced at around 50K miles because it had cracked.

You can go to http://forums.legend.org/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi and ask more questions there.

The timing belt/water pump job is more like $900 from the dealer.
  • thicks23thicks23 Member Posts: 42
    qzback is right about the radiator though I haven't had such trouble. I had my timing belt changed at a local mechanic whose labor rates are much lower than Acura's so it only cost me $300. You really don't need to worry about the water pump, all it needs is to be inspected. It will show certain symptoms if a failure is eminent. I have 116,500 and my water pump is still going strong (knock on wood). Good luck with your decision!
  • apowell1apowell1 Member Posts: 7
    I have two Acura Legends, a 1991 and a 1995. About two months ago, I had the problem described. The problem started with the speedometer suddenly going to zero and then back to normal. The next phase involved the D-4 light blinking. As with yours, the problem disappeared for quite some time and would then return. The problem was the speed sensor in the transmission. The cost to repair at the dealer was about $250 if I remember correctly.
    My 1995 Legend has a metallic rattle sound seemingly coming from the off-driver side of the car in front of the firewall. It only happens when the car is cold, and occurs at about 1500 rpm's. It lasts only a second or so and I suspect some kind of heat shield. Anyone else had this problem?
    Albert
  • doeratchydoeratchy Member Posts: 4
    Since purchasing this sedan I have noticed that the power to the speakers will partially fade out, and fade in, on the right side. If I thump the dash the speakers will have full power. There isn't any hiss or static when the fade-out occurs, so I assume the power amp is working properly, but I wonder if the radio itself is the problem. Any suggestions?
    Also, my ABS light has recently come on and I got it to go out by quickly jumping the positive lead on the battery to the sheet metal in the engine compartment. Does this sound kosher?
    Thanks for the input.
    apowell1,
    I am not sure what that rattle you are hearing could be. I probably isn't anything major since it only lasts a few seconds but if it gets worse, have it checked out.

doeratchy,
    Since thumping the dash fixes your speaker problem most of the time, you probably have a loose connection. Your local car stereo retailer could probably fix it for you. Your ABS light is probably trying to tell you that there is a malfunction or problem somewhere in the system. I would definitely have it checked out by your local dealer if I were you.
    Tom
    apowell - if you find out, please let me know; I've experienced the same problem.

My rattle tends to happen only after left turns, but under similar circumstances.
  • wilhfurtwwilhfurtw Member Posts: 25
    I just bought a used 1988 Legend. Anybody know what differences there are in the 86-88 Legends and 89-90 Legends? I am particularly interested in the differences in the suspension and powertrain.

Does anybody also know if the first generation Legend uses shocks or struts? The think I need new shocks. Shocks are cheaper to replace than struts, right?
    I am not sure about the suspension but the '86-'88 Legend sedans had a 2.5 litre V-6 151HP, 154Lb-ft of torque and the '89-'90 had a 2.7 litre V-6 161HP, 162Lb-ft. All coupes '87-'90 had the 2.7.
    Tom
    The first generation Legends '86-'90 have shocks and I got the years messed up, yours has the 2.7 V-6.
    Tom
  • siriusgirlsiriusgirl Member Posts: 23
    apowell1 and qzback -- see my post #84. Does your rattle seem similar to that? Mine seems to emanate from the driver's side close to the firewall too. However, mine is always present after the maintenance I had done, just worse when cold.

Also, since the brakes were done, I hear a rumble on the right front wheel when I turn right at low speeds, i.e. when using the brakes mostly. Is this something to be concerned about?
    goodness, I dunno. My rattle comes when I power-on after a left hand turn. I actually did a U-turn in a parkway and went to 6k RPM in 2nd gear and had this horrible rattle start to emanate. I backed out of it all the way and it didn't continue. Something is wrong, but I don't know what it is. Maybe transmission or could be suspension, I don't know. My rattle seems to come from the right front of the car, though.
    Well, my problem is gone for only $250. It was the heat shield for the Catalitic Converter. The dealer diagnosed it over the phone. My car is very quiet now even at 20 degrees.
    Albert
    Thanks, apowell1. I'll have my dealer check it out. qzback, you're on your own!(joke)
    As mentioned before, I have two Legends, a 1991 with 120K and a 1995 with 50K. I have had the 1991 for nearly eight years, and just bought the 1995. They are really excellent cars, that is why I searched for a 1995 instead of buying new. They just don't make anything that compares in my mind except possibly a $40000BMW but that is too much to pay for a car as far as I am concerned.

Re: Speaker problems-Bose system
    My speakers made crackly noises, sometimes faded out, sometimes worked fine. The problem was the power amp in the trunk. It is between the back of the back seat and the protective cover to the trunk. The cost for an Acura replacement is about $700. I considered replacing the entire system, but was informed by my service rep (at Tischer Acura in Laurel MD) that I could go to a auto radio shop(also in Laurel) and that they could fix the problem cheaper. They installed a Phoenix Gold Power Amp. for about $300. The system now works swell, probably better than new.

Re: Used 1992.
    Problems to look for include 1)cracked radiators. Mine cracked at about 50K, 2)brake rotor problems, which can be mostly eliminated by torquing the front lugs to the proper value (I think 80 ft.lbs)but having all the lugs torqued to the same value is what is most important.3)Bose stereo problems as previously mentioned. 4) the rocking seat, for which there is an Acura service bulletin.

According to Consumer Reports, and from all the research I have done, the 1994 and 1995 models are more reliable than the 1991-1993 models, but they are all excellent. I can say that the 1995 is quieter and seems to ride and handle better than the 1991, but the 70 K miles difference may be a factor. In either case, they are excellent cars.

Re: Rumbling noise while turning
    Check the CV joints
    Albert
  • mulligan2mulligan2 Member Posts: 59
    You mention a service bulletin on the rocking seat. I have a 1993 with a rocking seat and my dealer claims they can do nothing. Where can I find the bulletin? I have also had trouble with my Bose and have had the head unit, amps and two speakers replaced under warranty. On cold days, I still get a static or buzzing noise until the unit warms up. Does anyone have any thoughts on a fix? Other than the seat and the Bose POS it is the best car I have ever had.
  • blofeld001blofeld001 Member Posts: 2
    Alright - after reading some of the entries over the past week, I decided to post my own story about the speaker problem. First of all, I have a '94 GS. The problem with the speaker is the driver side one - the door mounted Bose is the only one which gives me problems.

I first noticed the problem a few months ago, but it only happened a few times - usually, I would turn off the radio, wait, then turn it back on and everything would be okey. But, over the past three weeks, that one speaker has gotten really bad! A hissy, strained, broken up, crappy sound comes out everytime I get in the car. The only thing I could compare it with is when a radio station is just out of range, but you can still pick up the station, just not clear. Well, the weather has gotten much colder out, and this might be one of the problems. Tonight I was out and had the radio on - well about 5 minutes go by and it starts to come in clear! Maybe it "heated up" but this had never happened before - when it plays bad, it has always played bad for the whole time - but this time (for some reason) it was okey after 5 minutes.

Either way, I plan on (perhaps) taking the door cover apart next week (when I finally get some time off!) - I will be looking for perhaps just a bad connection with the speaker. It was also suggested to me by my father that the speaker might be shot, but I don't think so because all the other ones are fine and nothing has ever happened to the system before which would cause this problem. I might check out the amp if the wiring is okey with the speaker at the door, but it is only one speaker!

Boy, I love this car!

'M'
  • mulligan2mulligan2 Member Posts: 59
    Thanks for the link to the service bulletins. I have seen them before but I reviewed them again and I still could not find the bulletin regarding the rocking seat that apowell 1 mentioned. On the other hand, who could miss the multiple bulletins on the POS Bose.
  • driven2perldriven2perl Member Posts: 2
    Hi folks. I've been lurking around the Acura & Legend list for some time. I have had a 5-speed '86 since '87 (previous owner traded it in for a new '88)...and I now have 210K miles on her. I can certainly relate to all of the posts about the "love affair" with the Legend - for I am only now toying with the "keep or buy new" argument. [Tangent: If I do buy I want to remain in the same "class" of car...but to do so I am finding I'd have to pay $40-$50K...grrrh.]

From a repair history I can truly say that she has not been without fault - but my average total yearly repair cost has remained around $1000-1500. Some years have been higher...but on the whole she has been a *fantastic* car.

This year will probably be her breaking point since I am trying to work out a vexing starting problem.

The problem appears to be similar to the key ignition problem mentioned earlier; however, in my case the car always attempts to turn over...but never "catches". Usually it takes two or three trys...but sometimes, on cold and wet nights it might never catch.

When the car finally does start I see/smell oil/gas out the tail pipe. After that first hard start she has little or no problem - and still manages to pass emission inspections.

I have been to a few dealerships and they basically have recommended replacing the fuel injectors - but they admit they are just "guessing". And, of course, they are more than willing to guess on my dime!

Has anybody run into this before? The problem is similar in nature to a Mazada problem my better half had years ago that turned out to be an ignitor problem...but the dealerships nay-say that idea.

I would rather not play "replace-da-parts" game...and I've already be stranded twice...so does anybody have any suggestions?

driven2perl "only wish she handled better in snow...and could take a supercharger!"
    1. Regarding the Cracklie random playing speaker. My problem started with one speaker, the back rt. then spread to the rt. front. Sometimes the system would work fine for a week, and then the problem returned. As I mentioned before, the problem was the Bose Power Amp behind the back seat. Once replaced with a Phoenix Gold Amplifier, the speakers were fine.

2. The Rocking Seat. For the 1991 model, the service Bulletin is 92017R Date 93/01 NHTSA#SBO32944. If you need a list of other yrs, go to www.nhtsa.org Look for "Safety Problems & Issues, then go to Tech Service Bulletins. There is a wealth of information available from NHTSA.

Albert
  • azsundevilazsundevil Member Posts: 2
    As a former Rx-7 owner, I believe that the problem that you are referring to was a fairly common "flooding" problem caused by the fuel injection system. A manual fix to this situation is to remove the fuse for you fuel injection and crank the engine for about five seconds (burning off any excess fuel). Replace the fuse and it should fire up easily. Should you find this method to be a huge pain, you can also get a mechanic to hard-wire a switch (mounted on or under your dash) to break that same fuel injection circuit for about a half hour's labour and less than $5 in parts. Good luck!
  • driven2perldriven2perl Member Posts: 2
    azsundevil: Thanks for the suggestion. I really had not though about interrupting the fuel . Rather than doing that did you ever find out the source of the problem on your RX-7 (not a GSL-SE by chance? )? Was it the distored (aged) shape of the injectors - suggested by the dealerships - or something to do with flow / mix regulation that caused the hard start that then led to the flooding?

...even though the cost-benefit ratio is rather lop-sided in this case (hey, an '86 is worth ~2K on a trade-in) I would rather "fix" the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions! I may yet dance with the parts man...
  • wilhfurtwwilhfurtw Member Posts: 25
    Did any first generation model owners have a problem where the automatic transmission makes a loud clunking noise when shifting from P to R to D, when the engine is cold? Any input would be appreciated.
  • dendredendre Member Posts: 1
    My 1994 Legend has 117,000 miles on it and I am starting to notice some problems occurring. It recently started shifting hard between first and second gear. The transmission fluid is fine so I don't know why that is. Also sometimes when I go to start it, the odometer needle will jump between 1 and 0 when my foot isn't even on the accelerator and smoke will come out the exhaust, then it will put-put & stall out. Immediately after I go to start it again it starts right up like it is perfect. Anyone out there had this problem and can tell me what it may be?
    I've had that happen, but only a couple of times. It never happened again after I changed my air filter. If your air filter has already been changed it may be your fuel filter that needs changing or your idle speed may need adjustment. The worst case scenario would be a problem with your fuel injection system but I would start with the little things first before you conclude something is wrong. Good luck and if you have any more questions just ask!
  • kyprianoskyprianos Member Posts: 1
    Hey,has anyone found a 1992 LEGEND ?She was stolen back in March from NY.Yeap,life sucks so hold on to your LEGENDS gyus.
  • realbookrealbook Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering buying a 90 Coupe. The body and interior appear to be in excellent cond. Car has had two older female owners. Car has 125k miles. Within the past year the automatic trans was rebuilt and the timing belt, water pump, cv joints, distributor and tires replaced.
    In driving it I noticed a pronounced shift between 1st and 2nd. After reading this board that seems to be common...? Car is white, sleek and in great shape to the eye. What should I look for? Of course I will have an Acura mechanic check it out. Asking price is $5400. After checking Edmunds and KBB I realize this is kind of high. I intend to offer between 4 and 5k. Any pointers or suggestions?
  • luvthattigerluvthattiger Member Posts: 1
    Hello All...

I am considering a 1993-1995 Acura Legend for a used vehicle purchase. After looking at several vehicles, I have some concerns regarding the durability of the San Marino Red color. The cars I have seen seem to show poor gloss retention and signs of white surface haze.

Any comments from owners experience would be greatly appreciated.

-ltt
    luvthattiger-I agree that most older cars with red paint do look kinda shabby. I believe it is because red shows fading more than other colors. Most other colors just get a little lighter than they were when new, but lighter red means pink, which is bad. My Cobalt Blue Legend is a little faded but it is only slightly lighter blue than it was in '91 and most people don't even know that it's faded. As for glossiness, red isn't as shiny because most reds(with the exception of dark reds) aren't a pearl color like blue, green, etc. and therefore less light reflects off of the painted surface giving a dulled appearance. I have a friend with a red '90 Integra and her paint doesn't shine like my similarly aged '91 Legend or other '90 Integras that are a pearl color even though her car still has a clear coat. So unless you find a good San Marino Red Legend and plan to take really good care of it(garage it), you probably should pick another color that won't show fading as much.
  • typespeedertypespeeder Member Posts: 2
    realbook - i bought a 89 legend coupe last year so your situation is quite similar to mine. IF (and this is a big IF) you can be certain that all the maintenance that you mentioned was done correctly, then I'd say you have a bargain in the making. when i bought my legend, it was poorly maintained and i found myself having to put in a new timing belt, replace the water pump (wanted to do those two things anyway, just in case), replace the ball bearings (i don't know if that was the correct terminology but it fixed the looseness in my front wheels), replace the starter (it died when i was at the bank getting money to pay for my earlier repairs!), replace the brake pump (the brake pedal was feeling like a soft sponge), and a couple of other things that don't come immediately to mind. I bought the car at $4100 (down from the the $4700 asking price) thinking I got a great deal.. only to find myself paying well over $5700 after everything was fixed. So if yours is in really good condition and the mechanic gives it good marks (I didn't have one check mine, bascially took a gamble) then i would say go fot it! in the end, the car will be well worth the money if you keep it properly maintained. i just think i did the car a favor by rescuing it from the loser who negelected it. and the harsh shift from 1st to 2nd is quite normal, subsequent shifts are smooth and acceleration is .. satisfying.
    I previously posted about a rattling noise on driver's side and a rumbling noise on passenger side, both in front. After reading an earlier post, I asked the mechanic to look at the heat shield on the catalytic converter. He said it had rocks in it and that fixed the rattle -- he was wrong about the rattle. Apparently those heat shields do get rocks in them, though.

Anyway, as for the rumble noise on the passenger front, apparently it was caused by a broken transmission mount. There was also kind of a dragging feeling at the beginning of a takeoff at low speeds. I had asked the dealer no less than three times to check the front end because I knew something was not right and finally they came up with the transmission mount, which seems to have been the problem. I felt like a whine, but I know my car extremely well and I knew something was wrong. I guess you have to be persistent.

And, since this is for "personal reviews," I love that car! Many's the time I've appreciated the thoughtful engineering, such as the way the windshield is designed so that some of the runoff from wipers, etc., doesn't fly back on the side windows. And yes, the acceleration is "satisfying!" I am about to move to an area with a high rate of car thefts, but I made sure I've got a garage to park this baby in! These cars do cost to maintain, and you've got to take some responsibility for finding out what's wrong, but overall, it's cheaper than a new one, and well worth the luxury that I couldn't have afforded otherwise.

Happy New Year to all.
  • ugougo Member Posts: 1
    Hi There,

I am looking for used wheels on my '94 Legend Sedan. I am really interested in a set of 16" rims from a '96-'98 Acura RL model. If you have any information or other sites that I might find
    what I am looking for, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks for the input!

ugo
    I had the speed sensor replaced in the Legend's transmission that was causing the D4 light to flash. All seems well. While it was there I asked them to service the transmission with fluid and filter since I had bought the car in August and didn't know when this had been done. The service guy said that they just replace the fluid (and I don't think they can change all of it at any one time). They didn't charge me for a new filter. My question is: Do these transmissions even have filters?
    I think it does have a filter but I don't think it is changeable.

Tom
    Thicks23,

Thanks for the information about the transmission. I am happy that I had the fluid changed because it was previously brown on the dipstick and is now a healthy appearing pink. It does seem odd that there is no changeable filter, but Mother Honda seems to know what it is doing, so who am I to question it.
  • footballfan777footballfan777 Member Posts: 29
    I own an 89 Legend with approximately 100K on it. Recently the brake light and the ABS light on the dash started illuminating. My mechanic checked the car, and couldn't find anything wrong with the system. The brake fluid level is normal. The brakes seem to be fine, even in icy conditions. What could be causing these problems?
  • cheddars1cheddars1 Member Posts: 1
    This message is for apowell1 or anyone else who can provide me advice on a 1991 Legend LS sedan...

I just bought one with 101K miles. It's pretty nice!! I bought it from a dealer who I think was straight with me about the car. After checking it out thoroughly, here's the problems I noted, and it sounds like some of you have similar issues with yours. Any advice would be much appreciated:

1. Radio going bad - My driver's rear channel doen't work (Bose unit), and I get a slight hissing sound from the rear speakers only. An occassional loud feedback noise comes from the bad channel, but this goes away as the car gets warm. Sounds like a bad amp, which apowell1 replaced with an aftermarket unit. Any other ideas? Has anyone tried a used amp from the bone yeard? Is this something I can replace myself (I'm a little handy) with either a used Acura part or an aftermarket part?

2. Does anyone know whether a factory trunk mounted 6-cd changer from a 1999 RL will work with this radio?

3. I have also noticed a slight rocking of the front driver's seat. Was this a safety recall on this car? I read the NHTSA bulletin that apowell1 mentioned (NHTSA#SBO32944) but it only lists a summary at the NHTSA site. Any info on the cost of the fix and whether it's a do-it-yourself thing?

4. My antenna mast is stuck. Dealer says I can replace the mast only for about $30. Motor works when the radio starts and stops. Lube doesn't help.

I found an entire replacement power antenna unit at http://globalmartcameras.com/audvid/car/accessories/antennas/hirschmann/AUTA-2040.htm for $39.95. Reviews I read on replacing power antennas indicate this new one is pretty smooth. Has anyone replaced the entire power antenna or just the mast on this vehicle? Is it easy, or should I stick with a dealer fix? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • okitaliaokitalia Member Posts: 1
    I have loved legends for years, but never owned one due to cost. I have craved a 94-95 coupe for years, but due to an upcoming wedding, I'm looking at sedans. The GS model is what I've been waiting for. It seems as soon as one comes up for sale, it's gone in days, even with high milage. I assume they are pretty rare vs. the LS's. I have found one at a local lexus dealer, 94 GS, black, 85K, very cheap I think at $11,900. What do you think?
    My biggest question is when looking at Edmunds, it has an optional 4 speed auto listed during 94. I thought all GS's were 6 speeds, either the rare manual or auto. Is this true?
    Do you have any comments for me about the GS?
    I love the wheels on the GS's, not to mention the 230 h.p. It apprears to me that the 4 spd auto was the only option.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions about becoming a 94 GS sedan owner.

Thanks
  • L8_ApexL8_Apex Member Posts: 187
    The automatic was indeed an option even on the GS but the six-speed is the way to go. I owned a '94 Coupe with the six-speed until building a house, which necessitated the need for a truck.
  • wallinmwallinm Member Posts: 1
    apowell1

You mentioned that you replaced your rear amplifier with a Phoenix Gold amp. Do you know the model number for the new amp? I am interested in replacing mine in my '92 Legend LS.

Thanks
  • sharkwalksharkwalk Member Posts: 16
    I own a 1995 Legend coupe in San Milano Red with a six speed. The red paint is in great condition primarily because I garaged the car and have only let a detailer wax and clean the car for the past few years. If your car has lost its luster, spend the $150 or so for a good detailing befire you try anything else. You will be amamzed at the results.

The Legend GS did have a six speed manual as one option. It is not an automatic. I love my six speed. Cranking the engine to red-line and blasting through the gears is too much fun. However, the six speeds are very rare. i would recommend that you search nationwide for a six speed if that is your desire. When I purchased my legend in 1996, I wanted red and a six speed. I found one in Minnesota and flew from Massachusetts to Minnesota for pickup and drove it back to MA. I still love getting inthat car and driving it. Good Luck.
  • rjd3rjd3 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a '91 Legend in '94 w/70K miles on it, for $16K. Got rid of it last summer------only because I hit a deer in upstate Pa. & ins. co. gave me more than I was ever offered by a dealer for a trade. I had 378K miles on it. I'm an outside sales rep & drive 45 to 50K miles/year. I now have a 2.5TL 5 cyl., but I don't think I'll get the miles out of it, like the Legend----the 2.5 runs like a 4 cyl. Don't be afraid to buy a Japanese Engineered car with highway miles already on it. I'm thinking about getting rid of the TL to get another Legend-----even if it's a '95. (My budget requires me to be price conscious & stay around $15K or less.) Am, also, seriously considering a '97 or '98 I30 with 50K to 70K miles on it. Any opinions about I30 as opposed to Legend?
  • fortunate2001fortunate2001 Member Posts: 21
    I have a 95 Legend - 83K mile- still a pup, right? I love the car, but have three cars now so it has to go. I advertized in Autotrader for $14,500, 6 weeks, no calls.

How much would you think its worth? Its in practically mint condition, still under warranty, and as I said, 83K miles. Oh, BTW, its in Rhode Island.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • dzinrdzinr Member Posts: 2
    I recently bought a '94 Legend Sedan with 66K on it for $15,000. I studied used car reports and the local market very hard. I test drove 14 cars in the sport/near luxury class in the $12,000 - $20,000 (used) price range, including Millenias, Maximas, I30's, Audi's, etc. I stayed away from BMW's and Benz' because I live in Michigan and need front wheel drive. My previous cars were an Accord and before that a Prelude.

I think I made the best possible choice after much research. A talented multi-line salesman who befriended me told me that Legends are built with more precision than Maximas, etc., and that condition, not mileage, is the determining factor in finding a good Legend. His dealership services them all the time with up to 250K and more on the odometer. He recently bought an old one for his daughter. To me, the I30 was just a Maxima with additional overhead built in. I think you would be happier with a 93-95 Legend in the $13,000 - 18,000 range..

I read a while back that the success of the Legend nameplate caused Acura to rename all their models numerically for the U.S. market - "Legend" was becoming more of a brand than "Acura" (early 90's). In fact, in Japan the RL is still known as "Legend" and is a great $40,000 car.
  • dzinrdzinr Member Posts: 2
    If your 95 Legend is, as you say, in near mint condition and you are asking $14,500 at 83K miles, I think you are in the ballpark. I researched these cars a long time before I bought my '94 with 66K for $15,000 from a private individual (he was fanatical about dealer maintenence and upkeep), and I'm very satisfied.

What I found is that the availability and the desirability of these cars ranges greatly depending on your local market. Most people just don't know how great these cars are and what a bargain a good used one can be. It may be that in Rhode Island the market is just not there.

If you were to drop your price to around $14,000, I cannot imagine it would remain unsold for much longer.
  • jdo4jdo4 Member Posts: 1
    I have just purchased a 1992 Legend and am trying to locate a wiring harness for a trailer. There is a light blue connector plug at the left tail light which appears to be part of the original vehicle harness. I believe what I am looking for is a T1 connector and has an integral adapter. A local Acura dealership tells me there was never a harness available yet there is provision for one. The PO of the car clearly pulled a trailer,it has a hitch, but there is no evidence of any prior "hard" wiring. This is a Canadian vehicle with just "Legend" on the trunk but has all the standard equipment of the American LS version. Anyone have an original part number or perhaps a NAPA or Honda equivalent no. ?

Also does anyone know the original MSRP. of the '92 LS ?

Thanks in advance.
  • fortunate2001fortunate2001 Member Posts: 21
    I think you are probably right about it being a local market thing. The only people interested in looking at the car so far are previous Legend owners. One guy pulled up in the identical car (only white). And- he said he had another at home :)

Thanks for the response.
  • bluebeastbluebeast Member Posts: 258
    Another problem that you may be encountering is for the price your asking, a person could buy a Lexus LS400 (1990 - 1994), and I for one would rather have a Lexus LS400 a couple of years older than a Legend. I have owned both (1991 Legend - new until sold in 1997, had a 1990 Lexus LS400 for 13 days (bought it just to make money, person was leaving the country) and sold it for a 1996 LS400 which I currently own). Legends are great cars but I sure love the SMOOTH V8 power and SMOOTH automatic transmission, both of which are far superior to that of a Legend.