Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Corolla

Comments

• anyone know a website or the actual paint code for 2003 corolla WHITE ?
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,363
    If you actually own such a car, the paint code is on the sticker on the driver's door jamb. Under the bar code is a line labeled C/TR, [Color/Trim], and the first number after that is the paint code.

If you don't own the car, any Toyota parts dept will be more than happy to look it up for you, I'm sure.
  • I don't own the car, I have an IS, it is for my g/f's car, but her car isn't here and I want to pick it up for her. pars department guy told me I need to know the part number order to get it , he said he can't find it =(
  • 2003 Corolla's are Super White, code 040
  • Or anyone else with a 96-97 Corolla...does your steering wheel start to shake around 70 mph? Mine does.
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    It did shake between 75 to 85 but a rebalance of all 4 wheels cured that problem. I bought my Dayton tires at a place where I got lifetime balancing and they will do it every day if I want!

The Sandman :-)
  • thank you steveb84
  • Thanks Sandman.
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    How's the car holding up otherwise? Mine is doing great at 62k but my 2 girls are driving it now also. I plan to change the timing belt and the water pump within the next 6 to 8 months. I also will have the rear struts checked because with 2 of my 3 kids in back, the car seems lower than it should be. When I do the bounce test on the empty car though, everything seems normal. Time will tell. The kids actually want me to buy the new Corolla and give them mine for school and such but will hold off at this time. I really don't like to buy the first year run of a car model anyways.

The Sandman :-)
  • You sound just like my father, he never wants to buy the first year for a new style. I have heard only good things about the new Corolla though, I guess we will see if that holds true in about a year from now. I think I actually have him convinced though, that the new Corolla LE is a good deal, he also likes the Matrix. So when are Tercel dies, we will get one or the other, not sure which one yet. We also might try to get the new Camry, they like it (my parents have always been fans of the Camry) except my mom thinks the back of it is ugly. I don't know why, she says the same about the Matrix. It would be nice if we could go ahead and get the Camry I think. The 1996 1997 Corollas were nice too, I just don't like the 1998-2002 models.
  • Recall on S and LE tires:

Cars made between 4-24 and 9-5

P195/65R15 FR 690

Dot: W2C6T001502 and W2C6T001402

Toyota.com has all the info
  • canccanc Posts: 715
    I'm curious as to what the white LE gauges look like at night. Do only the numbers light up, or does the whole dial light up, like an Indiglo watch?
  • If they are like the sports gauges on the 2003 S then yes they glow like an indiglo watch. Very bright and easy to read and see at nite.
  • yes, they are the same ones as in the S so I they do glow like a watch. I think they are bluish-purple or red, what are they Corolla_grl?
    Sounds great! I thought the white part would just be invisible at night... thanks!
  • Yeah, I like those Corolla gauges too, they look really cool and add a nice little accent to the car. BTW, does anybody know what color they glow? I hope they glow blue, I am tired of red lights. Also, the Corolla S is beginning to look like a good deal. Doesn't it have just about everything that the LE has exept wood grain trim and leather seats? I can live without those. It does have power everything, outside temperature gauge, remote keyless entry with remote truck release? What about that 6-piece chrome set they keep talking about? (I guess it includes the door handles, shifter, and I can't think of what else). Anyway, tell me your ideas on that because I could save a lot of money by geting the Corolla S 5-speed.
    In Canada, the S doesn't come with power locks and windows, nor does it come with cruise. All of these are options that can be added, but if you do you get into the LE price range. The S does come with fog lamps and side skirts, however, which are options/aren't offered on the LE.
  • I don't think the S has that much standard power equipment. It actually costs more than the LE when you load it up...even with the leather of the LE.
  • mralanmralan Posts: 174
    What percent of 03 Corollas are built in Japan?

I just went to my local dealer (while they were closed) and saw two CE's with JT vins.
  • Does anyone own the LE with Leather interior? Is Toyota making many of these or is it worth it to get aftermarket leather installed?
    I don't own one, but I've seen one and sat in one. They come with the luxury package, including chrome door handles and electrochromic mirror.
  • I am getting the LE trim, sounds just like what I need. A little affordable car that LOOKS and feels like luxury. I love the chrome door handles, makes it look very elegant and I always have wanted leather seats just because they make me feel (and look) rich. Forget the S!
  • It's about time for me to get new shoes and resurface the drums on my '96 Corolla. That got me wondering if there is a way to replace them with disc brakes. I couldn't find any model of Corolla that offered rear disc brakes (was hoping to switch them in if I found one) and I have not been able to find any aftermarket kits to upgrade to 4 wheel disc brakes. Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,447
    Celica brakes might work. Ask at a brake shop.
  • The Avalon has chome interior door handles. Sadly, they are made of plastic, or at least feel like it. It may be some sort of light weight metal with a chrome finish.
  • yes, I was expecting them to be plastic. They still look nice,better than a plastic door handle that looks like plastic. Isn't that how they make all chrome handles in Japanese cars? I think so, I know that is how the ones are made in the Avalon, Camry, Lexus ES, and the Acura TL. I am guessing they all have plastic door handles. The only cars that actually have real chrome handles (that I know of) are Buicks.
  • jjn1jjn1 Posts: 1
    Hi toyotaboyes1:

Good luck getting the leather interior in the LE . I tried here in the mid-west US, after reading it was available in the paperwork and websites. Bottom line was I can't get leather up front. This was stated to me by the dealer, contraticted by 1-800-gotoyota, then re-affirmed by the customer service number at HQ. It has been very frustrating. My advice would be to check if your region has this option available before going into the dealer. It might save you alot of aggravation. The dealer did say they could add leather aftermarket, but they wanted the same price as the MSRP for the package (ie, no cruise control, chrome handles etc), without providing all the other goodies. I had to decline. Hopefully in your region this option is available.
  • Sorry to here about that. I hope I can get one with leather. I think my Toyota dealership should have at least one because it is a really big "Toyota Super Mall" as they call it. I am over in the Southeast near the Atlantic Ocean.
  • Toyota Corolla is the best car ever! I have a basic version, but it's manual, so it's fast. Sometimes I wonder if I fly low, or I am still on the road.
  • they are really that fast! I guess they must have a very nice smooth ride too.I always have liked the new Corolla and like it even more now. How about the stereo system in it? Is it pretty good?