Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6

Comments

• markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    I have a document from Audi -- it looks like the 2005 Brochure. It says "Sport Pacakge" and it shows it for both the 3.2 and the 4.2.

Hmmmm.
  • auditorauditor Member Posts: 63
    This past Monday night, I spoke with the A of A trainer who was at Cherry Hill Imports (Audi & Porsche) that day about sport suspension packages on both of the'05 A6's, and pointed out to him the absence of it on the 3.2 Initial Order Guide (dated 5/26/04).

I also told him what A of A told me over the phone last week, i.e., no sport suspension packages on the '05 A6's. He said he believed sport suspension packages would become available sometime after the initial production run, which is what he believed the Initial Order Guide related to. Be interested to know the date of the "brochure" you have.

To test both his knowledge and credibility, I asked him whether sport suspension would be stiffer than air suspension on the lowest level 1
    setting. He said he'd never been asked that question before and, frankly, didn't know the answer!!

Clearly, the best way to find out will be to test new A6's without sport suspension, with sport suspension and with air suspension. Guess, I'll just have to be patient till I can do that.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Don't take that deal! Audi is offering 1.9% for 60 months and factory to dealer cash of around $2000. I'm considering buying an S-line for $2k below invoice right now. You should be able to get it too...
  • coppercopper Member Posts: 94
    Vinny,
    If you don't mind, where are you getting $2000 below invoice for an s-line? I'm looking at them too.

Thanks,
    Copper
    One of the dealers I've been talking to just faxed me
    a "Preliminary" A6 4.2 Model Year 2005 Order Guide
    with a Pre-Release Draft Date of June 16, 2004 that
    does indeed show a Sport Package as an option.

The Sport Package includes sport suspension, front sport seats & 18 inch 7-arm alloy wheels with 245/40
    performance tires.
  • bmwcccbmwccc Member Posts: 234
    AUDITOR & MARK ( Ohio )

I reviewed the fax again you sent me Auditor and it seems the difference among the 4.2 and the 3.2 for packages are the following:

The 4.2 comes standard with the Premium Package and the Convenience Package. Also the 4.2 has the upgraded Volterra Leather and the 17" alloy wheels. And of course the V8.

Sport, Cold and Audio packages are optional!

So guys, I guess when the prices come out, all I have to due to compare apples to apples is to add the Convenience, Premium, Volterra leather and the 17" wheels to the price of the 3.2. Then any $ difference between the 4.2 and the 3.2 at that point will be for the V8 engine.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
    Chris:

I believe you've almost got it right. In looking over the material I
    originally sent you (and Mark), as well as the initial order guide for the 3.2, its premium package inlcudes the upgraded Bose stereo. So, to get to apples and apples, you may have to add the price for the 4.2's
    audio package to its base price, and then do the comparison.

My most current understanding is that the initial base MSRP's will be
    $40,900 for the 3.2 and $51,000 for the 4.2. The prices for the 4 options you mentioned might be: Prem. Pkg. (without audio component)
    $1,100; Conven. Pkg. $1,250 (my guess); 17" wheels & tires $750; and Volterra leather $1,000 (another guess). Assuming there's another $1K
    of misc. items the 4.2 has but the 3.2 doesn't, would bring the 3.2 to
    $46,000, thus leaving $5,000 for the cost of the larger engine.

I've also been told the 3.2's starting MSRP of $40,900 will be good only for 30 days from "launch," i.e., when the cars are first sold to
    customers, and that the price will then go up by $1,000 every 30 days
    for 3 months till it gets to $43,900. Don't know whether the same will happen to the 4.2, but it might.
    Auditor

Thanks for the info. I was just on the UK website for 2 hours looking though all their stuff. I built 3 cars and checked out every single option they had. Kind of weird that they don't have any packages over there, just individual options for everything.

Sounds like they are going to try to stick it to us if we don't buy right away, fricken bastards. What is there philosophy for that move?

Who did you get your pricing info from, Dealer?
    Sounds accurate though from what I have read and heard around.

I guess the question is, is $5,000 or $6,000 worth the V8?

p.s. What dollar amount hits the luxury tax?
    I got the base prices from 2 of the 3 dealers I've spoken with.

Prices for options are entirely guesstimates on my part. None of the
    dealers I spoke with gave me option prices yet.

Whether the V8 is worth $5,000 + or - more will, I believe, best be determined after you test drive both cars. Frankly, I expect the charge I'll get from the V8 will easily get me past the extra $5K.

My understanding from the dealers I've spoken to is that in the past few years most of the A6's they've sold were 6 cylinder ones. That is, the V8's are relatively rarer and, thus, have a higher resale value, i.e., hold their value a bit better. (Mark - since you've had so many Audi's, maybe you could comment on that from your experience).

Lastly, I don't believe the luxury tax will apply to any of the A6's.
  • cfocfo Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone been able to order one yet? Or even had a dealer offer to sell one? Since most all dealerships don't know squat about anything not sitting in their showrooms, it's frustrating to not be able to get help. Don't understand why only real sales info is on UK site only.

I would really like to place an order, but I sure am not about to pay over invoice price. And I want to specify options and color.
    Chris:

See www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14948 for the
    following initial MSRP pricing on the 2005 A6 3.2:

Base price $40,900 (6-speed tiptronic, MMI w/7" color, Bluetooth prep)
    Prem. Pkg. 3,000 (Sunroof, Bi-xenon lights & Bose sound system)
    Conven. Pkg. 1,000 (dimming & pwr. mirrors, homelink, memory seats)
    Cold Weather 900 (heated seats, head light washers, ski sack)
    Delivery 720

Total $46,520

My GUESS is the above will compare to the following for the 4.2:

Base price $51,000 (same as above for the 3.2 plus upgraded trim)
    Bose Audio 1,100
    Delivery 720

Total $52,820
    Hope this helps. By the way, did you ever take those test drives??
  • flyfishing47flyfishing47 Member Posts: 7
    Good threads - thanks to all who are contributing. What one of my local Audi dealers told me is that they will have an '05 A6 to show next Monday/Tuesday (car is at dealer for sales training and mechanic training session - not available for sale). They also will be getting 4 cars (3.2 engine) by mid August to sell and I have my name on one of them! These cars are the European version (ie., no cupholders and some other yet to seen differences in the interior described as somewhat more spartan than what they ship as the American version). They expect the primary inventory to be available in the late October/November time period.
    Auditor

Never took test drives. I have gone to 2 local dealers and the last had no info what so ever about the new A6. Took him 15 min. of me standing in front of a 4.2 A6 05' before he came out. I wanted to sit in it and he looked like I was putting him out. I was the only customer there that early in the morning as well. I asked him a couple questions and he seemed really annoyed so after a couple minutes I just left. Funny cause I am Medical Device Sales and have been in Sales for 11 years, and I don't think there is a dumber person I have ran across in my life. Did not ask my name, what I was looking for or try to give me a card etc. The first dealership was worse, he tried to sell me 3 used cars before I walked out of there. The only dealership that is Premier is 2 hours North of me and I will wait to go up there to spend some driving time with the 05' 4.2.

Anyway, It sounds like there might be a 4-5k difference between the 3.2 and the 4.2 when you outfit them exactly alike.

The 4.2 comes standard with the Premium and Convenience package, Volterra Leather and 17" alloy wheels. ( I see the Bose stereo on both sheets you sent me and they have it standard on the premium for the 3.2 and offer a Bose package on the 4.2 as an Audio package with satellite radio. Sounds like you can get the 200 watt system inc. in the Premium package but have to pay more for the satellite radio. )

So, with a 4-5k variance, I think I could sneak into the 4.2 Guess we will have to wait to see.

If you or Mark run across anymore official equipment guides like you go tat the Audi dealer earlier this year, let me know.

Thanks
  • parrishparrish Member Posts: 10
    I am in the market for a mid-size sport sedan. I test drove the A6 (I think the SLine), then the S4 and the A8. I was not impressed with the A6 drive, to be frank, but I was blown away with the superb feel of the S4, and very impressed with the A8. But, practically speaking, I am looking at the A6 4.2. Am I missing something, am I overly dissappointed, regarding the 2004 A6 drive? Should I wait for the 2005? We saw one at our dealer a few weeks back--the wife does not like the new front grill, but I hear promises it will drive more like a BMW. Or--I am somewhat new to this--is there a way to improve the 2004 A6 drive with the help of aftermarket tuners? Thanks for any help.
    Parrish

My suggestion is to go to the 2005 A6 post and read all of those for the past year. You will really learn a lot from them.

FYI, the 2005 A6 4.2 has the same S4 engine in it that you test drove which is similar to the A8 engine but slightly tuned down. Bottom line is the 05' A6 will be completely different from the 04' A6. I have been waiting to buy a car for 4 months now ( my jeep blew up ) and I was thinking of the A6 04' but learned about the 05' and never looked back. I am renting until they come out in the next several months.

Three good references on the 2005 A6 post are Auditor and Mark ( Cincinatti ) and myself. It seems among us, we have a lot of info. to answer any question you may have.

Good Luck
  • hjcanterhjcanter Member Posts: 31
    I do not know about the A6 being a "baby" A8, but I will be driving a SWB A8 in a couple of weeks. This car is bigger than the A6 but 5 inches shorter than the A8 L.
  • rlolsenrlolsen Member Posts: 2
    The only incentives I see available are $1000 for previous Audi owners. The 2.9% is through the dealer. I was not aware that Audi is offering 1.9% for 60 months. Where is the dealer located that is offering $2000 below and 1.9%? Do you have anything in writing?
    I was "visiting" my Audi dealer today -- the place is chock full of A6 Slines a couple of 4.2's and three or four allroads, two RS 6's (one used) a long line of A4 and S4's and 4 or 5 A8L's -- yea I know it's "got to last" -- but the thing is, these are 2004's, and unless you live in a cave, you know the sand is running out of the hourglass and that the dealers want this stuff to move.

The markdowns on "red tags" hanging from the mirrors on most of these babies was easily at least a cool 10% off MSRP, and this seems to be up a smidge from last month.

I dunno what the deals really are, but the the first blush is at the very least "a good place to start" especially if you want an SLine. Now, the odd thing is, none of them had Sat Nav.

I don't care what you say about the nav lite in US Audi's -- it works and it works VERY well.

Don't leave home without it.

But, if you don't care for it, so be it -- the head 'em up move 'em out deals are very close now, very close indeed.

If you can live with the colors on the lot rather than your specific color, you may soon be the owner of a very nice Sline A6 if you're not careful.

Drive it like you live for a price you can afford.

Of course, know that the new, all new 05 A6 will be here real soon -- don't be gettin' buyer's remorse!
  • nycanyca Member Posts: 232
    the luxury tax on automobiles is history.

that pricing strategy, 3 $1000 price increases in 3 months - what a crock. what are they trying to get people to commit to the first units off the line, basically paying you to debug the car for them?

they would be better off having a uniform price, and then throwing in some options free as a launch promo. instead, they risk dampening initial enthusiasm for the car by having the first interested parties be confronted with this insane pricing strategy.
  • parrishparrish Member Posts: 10
    bmwccc

I went to the 2005 post and read it all. Thanks so much, it was very helpful. I need to wait now until I can actually test drive one!

JP.
  • genyagenya Member Posts: 7
    Very strange pricing indeed… Anybody has any thoughts on how they would structure a lease on this? Would they use the smaller or the greater amount to calculate the residual?
  • pepe11pepe11 Member Posts: 41
    During a first visit to a dealer in my area, I got a price of $40k on a A-6 2.7T S-Line with msrp of $45,800. They have about six cars on the lot similarly outfitted. Do you think this can get better? I think come August, I may be able to squeeze another $1k out of it, but who knows. I don't want to be too greedy but I just don't think these will move very fast with the '05s around the corner.
    I would love to hear other opinions...
    Can the deal get better, probably. Will it get better, perhaps.

This is a decent deal and assuming the lease or Audi financing deal is similar, this is "almost" a once in a lifetime deal.

Sure, 60 days from now if the car is still sitting there unsold, the deal may improve -- and AoA may "incent" the dealer even further.

My guess is that there will soon be some letters mailed to current Audi financial customers offering some "encouragement" to buy another Audi product -- perhaps there will be a campaign that will force the issue with respect to "leftover" 2003 and 2004 models (they almost certainly exist at this very minute, but October is still a ways off).

I heard that some dealers cannot get new models (unless presold) if their inventory of old models is above a certain threshold; in this way then, AoA attempts to motivate and protect the dealers (and itself) by timing the delivery of the newer models. Of course, this means that sometimes new cars sit in port just waiting for the inventory that is "out there" to get to a certain level.

Imagine, if on October 31, a flood of 05 A6's came to the dealers -- the selling prices of the 04 A6's would probably take yet another hit. Some dealers can't lose money and "make it up in volume" and AoA would probably rather NOT send out too many $4,000 off coupons either.

Not too long ago they sent out $5,000 coupons which "forced" the dealers to "eat" $1,000 in dealer margin in exchange for a $4,000 rebate from AoA to the dealers. In some cases this cut into the remaining profit margin for the cars, effectively meaning the dealers had no say in setting the selling price and no say in determining their income from these transactions.

Your deal sounds like it is 10%+ off MSRP -- this is NOT a bad deal and perhaps there IS a better one. It is a bit of a roll of the dice at this point. If you are buying the car, this deal will not likely be replicated for a long time. If you are leasing the car, the cap cost reduction this implies is still impressive, but the lease payment may not change as much as you might hope since the residual on last year's model is lower than on next year's -- and, well, you know the rest.

If YOU CAN WAIT without harming yourself in any way, you might just see what August brings, its not that far off.
    Smaller..Greater..the one that makes them the most profit!
    I have a price sheet from my sales rep.

The base price is listed without qualifiers as:

$40,900. No step up pricing is mentioned. Price sheet lists option package prices, too. Date on Sheet June 2004. This may not be the most current stuff, but it is the most current my dealer had to share with me. Premium Package = $3,000, Cold Package = $900, Convenience Package = $1,000.

Wood steering wheel, $300 -- where that came from I dunno, but there it is.

I asked for a price on the Sat nav. My "hope" is they keep it at or under $2K -- it seems it should be "under" since the color MMI screen is already included in the base price.

But, they didn't ask me.
  • abqhudsonabqhudson Member Posts: 14
    I was able to look at and drive the new A6 which is making the dealer rounds. 4.2 with euro sport suspension (they said that it was stiffer then the US spec sport suspension). The dealer in Albuquerque was very accommodating and set an appointment for my wife and me to see the car. My impressions: The "Canyon Red" car was BEAUTIFUL. Little body roll observed in the short drive - minimal understeer. I fit in the drivers cockpit - I don't fit in the A4. The car felt a little big - what ever that means. Looking forward to driving the production version 3.126L V-6 and comparing to the V-8. Never owned an Audi before - this one looks very tempting. I come from mostly BMW 3 series/2004 Acura TL experience.

Jim
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Apparently, the new 2005 A6's are hitting dealerships as I just saw one fly by me this morning. It was a blue one. The big front grill really stood out and I could tell it was a 2005. It was at Leith Audi in Cary, NC.
  • pepe11pepe11 Member Posts: 41
    Thanks Mark. Excellent analysis and advice. I've recently tried to duplicate or get a better deal on same car at other local dealers here and have not yet had luck. I am buying, not leasing.
    Still not sure what I will do but since I don't care too much about color and there do seem to be quite a few around, I may sit it out a little longer.
    thanks again.
    I test drove the A8 SWB today. What a great car! It was Oyster Gray with a platnum interior. Wood/3 spoke/ steering wheel, Conv. pkg, 18 inch/ 9 spoke wheels, etc. Drove on the highway and twisty roads. It does not feel like a big car. Only when I pushed it hard in a corner, did it feel heavy. I do not drive like that often, so I won't mind. Steering wheel had the shift paddles, lot's of fun. I have to say I loved this car and I placed an order for one. Should be in about 3 months. I just like the looks of this car better than the A6 4.2. A little more legroom in back as well. I could go on and on....
  • tommtomm Member Posts: 31
    rj- glad to see your post. our local dealer has 10 '05 A6 cars coming in (Oct/Nov) and i have my name on a stratos blue one ( i own a '01 silver w/blk A6 now, wouldnt hesitate to buy another A6- but not another silver). what was your impression of the blue? (was it the lightish blue or the dark blue? i think the statos is lightish- but i dont want a robins-egg color!). the dealer told me the red looked good on an A4- but too much red on the A6- someone else posted a note that said the red looked great - no specific pricing yet - but glad to read the recent posts on that issue. keep then coming-tom
    One of the Audi dealers in the Phila. area to whom I've been talking recently just faxed me Audi of America's Retail Price sheets "effective 6-July-04" for both the 2005 A6 3.2 and 4.2.

Following first is info. that is discrete to each model; second, I've listed options that are the same price for either model; and last I attempted to configure both the 3.2 and the 4.2 to make them comparable: this showed an "extra cost" of $5,250 for the 4.2's V8 engine (with either sport suspension, tires and seats on both of them, or no
    sport suspension but 18" wheels with all-seasons
    on both of them).

A6 3.2 V6:

Base price $40,900
    Premium Pkg. $3,000 (Sunroof, Xenons, Adaptive lights,BOSE sound system and wood interior trim)
    Convenience Pkg. $1,000 (Auto dimming interior &
    exterior mirrors, Homelink, driver's seat memory, driver info. display and storage pkg.)
    Cold weather Pkg. $900 (Htd. front & rear seats,
    ski sack and headlight washers)
    Sport Pkg. $1,250 (sport suspension & 18" wheels with performance tires)
    Front sport seats $500
    Premium leather $1,000
    Satellite radio $550
    17" wheels with all-season tires $750
    18" wheels with all-season tires $1,000

A6 4.2 V8:

Base price $50,500
    Audio Pkg. $$1,300 (Bose sound system & satellite radio)
    Cold weather Pkg. $1,050 (Htd. front & rear seats
    & steering wheel, ski sack and headlight washers)
    Sport Pkg. $1,500 (sport suspension, wheels and tires, AND sport seats)
    18" wheels with all-season tires $750

Options with the same MSRP for each model:

Rear parktronic $350
    Power rear and manual side window shades $400
    Rear side airbags $350
    Audi NAV system $1,500
    Tire pressure monitoring system $250
    Advanced key $750
    Voice recognition $350
    Calif./Northeast Emissions $150
    Security wheel locks $85
    Destination charge $720

Here are my comparables:

3.2 base $40,900
    Prem. Pkg. $3,000
    Sat. radio $550
    Conven. Pkg. $1,000
    Prem. Leather $1,000
    Sport Pkg. $1,250
    Sport seats $500
    Cold weather $900
    Total $49,100

4.2 base $50,500
    Audio Pkg. $1,300
    Sport Pkg. $1,500
    Cold weather $1,050
    Total $54,350 (or $5,250 more than the 3.2)

If you substitute 18" wheels with all seasons on each model in place of Sport Pkg. & seats, the totals are: 3.2 $48,350; and 4.2 $53,600 (still a
    $5,250 difference).

Really last, if you add a NAV system, rear parktronic and tire pressure monitoring to each of the above, it results in the following MSRP's w/o dest. chge.: 3.2 sport $51,200; 3.2 no sport but 18" wheels $$50,450; 4.2 sport $56,450; 4.2 no sport, but 18" wheels $55,700 (which compares to about $71K for a comparably equipped '05 SWB A8).

Hope this helps. Happy configuring to everyone!!
    Auditor

Would you be a sport and fax that latest July pricing over to me? Fax is 831 476 0356.

Thanks for the help, this will help me make my pre-decision. Also give me something else to do besides building my car on the Audi UK website.

Thanks
    Chris:

I just faxed the two price sheets to you. Let me know when you've received them.

Have fun configuring!!

Bob

P.S. Don't forget to let me know how your test rides go when you finally take them.
  • boomsamaboomsama Member Posts: 362
    Can someone PLEASE tell me how the electro mechanical handrake works? Thanks.
  • johnejohne Member Posts: 17
    Confirmed my order today for November delivery. 3.2, Dakar Beige, Premium, Convenience, Cold Weather, XM Radio, 17" 9-spoke wheels with all-season radials. Thought about Canyon Red...but my wife didn't like it, thinks it's too "flashy". Saw and drove a Canyon Red 4.2 at the dealer in June and if you want to make a statement...Canyon Red will do it. Gorgeous. There are a bunch of colors on the A-6 Microsite that simply are not available in this car. The "typical car" (according to the dealer's sheet), which includes: base ($40,900), convenience ($1,000), premium ($3,000), cold weather ($900)... (I'm in Colorado) is $46,520, including destination charge of $720, plus $550 for XM and $750 for all-season, 9-spoke wheels, is $47,820. This seems like what I "need" (A really good car is the 4th item in Maslow's hierarchy) without the fou-fou features...

"New" colors on this car are: Canyon Red, Dakar Beige, Stratos Blue and the Cambridge Green. I think the Beige is just a bit lighter than the Alpaca Beige on the All-road and A-4, and darker than the A-8 Beige....based on the color chips. Darker than the beige on the old A-6...I think it works.

Based on what I believe to be true, the pricing noted in thread above in # 288 is accurate.

I don't think the "robin's egg" color is available..only Stratos Blue (pretty...medium blue) and Night Blue (very dark). Other available colors include the white and silver. The problem with silver is it's "everywhere"...

Happy trails!
    My dealer has 2 coming in November.

I'm certain the bigger dealers get more allocation...my dealer has two cars in November and then more coming in January and that they will know about the January allocation on Monday July 26. They're a pretty small dealer though...

If you want a car...you might check early next week about the January deliveries...

One of the questions above related to leasing....How I think it works is the residual is a percentage of MSRP...so in theory a lessee would pay a monthly payment based on MSRP less a certain residual, amortized with interest over X months, plus interest on the residual payment in the future. As the MSRP goes up, the payment should go up too.

The pricing strategy, it seems to me, has to do with creating a sense of urgency...buy now because it's going up next week. If I was Audi, not sure I'd do it differently. I was told by the dealer that a initial MSRP pricing on the new A-6 was actually less than the 2004 2.7 MSRP but haven't checked on it.

I was told that "90%" of the cars were 6 cylinder and that 10% were 8 cylinders....may or may not be right.
  • boomsamaboomsama Member Posts: 362
    does the 90% include diesels?
    Congrat's on taking the plunge and ordering an '05 A6 3.2!!

First, is it correct that you tested an '05 A6 4.2, but have ordered a 3.2 which you didn't test drive? I'm curious to know since, also in June, I test drove a stratos blue A6 3.2 (euro spec. car w/6-speed manual), but am leaning toward ordering an 4.2!!

Second, did your dealer mention that Audi plans to increase the base MSRP (of $40,900) fairly early and, if so, when does he believe they'll do so. One of the dealers I've been talking to said the initial MSRP's on both the 3.2 and 4.2 would go up "90 days after launch," i.e., 90 days after first deliveries to dealers.

Last, was your dealer willing to give you any discount (regardless of whether you're buying or leasing) despite your being his 1st (or one of his 1st two) buyers of an '05 A6 3.2??

P.S. for Mark Cincinnati: Given all the Audi's you've leased over the past 25+ years, what's been your experience on dealers' willingness to agree to a discount, if you buy (or lease) at, or very near, the beginning of a new model introduction??
    90% include diesels??...not sure if you are kidding me or not and I have no idea.

I drove the 4.2...but also a TT with a 3.2 engine and a 04' A6 S Line (250 hp) so I thought I had a sense of the difference in performance. My 3 series has a 3.0, 225 hp motor, and although it's a lighter car, I'm comfortable with that performance level as well.

I believe he did mention that the prices would go up...but I don't recall any specifics.

I did ask for a discount since I would be doing all this "free" promotion for them, and they said no.
  • linus66linus66 Member Posts: 9
    All- excellent thread. I am in the mkt now for the 2004 A6 2.7T S Line- and need to know a bit more about where some of these deals are being found.
    Most critical are what dealer/factory incentives are available, are they tied to leasing, any other input is also appreciated
    Just a quick update- I am being quoted the following from a dealer in CT:
    A6 2.7T Sline Quattro
    PPX: Premium Package
    PAW: Cold Weather Package
    PXM: Premium Sound

MSRP $46,920
    Your Price $40,750
    Invoice (Edumonds Pull) $42,397
    Any thoughts?????????
    Just a quick update- I am being quoted the following from a dealer in CT:
    A6 2.7T Sline Quattro
    PPX: Premium Package
    PAW: Cold Weather Package
    PXM: Premium Sound

MSRP $46,920
    Your Price $40,750
    Invoice (Edumonds Pull) $42,397
    Any thoughts?????????
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Check the Edmunds TMV by following the links under the blue New Cars tab at the top to your vehicle. Keep in mind that this is an average of what folks are spending in your zip code, so you can very likely do better.

Go to carsdirect.com and configure that exact vehicle to see what their price is.

I see you have found our Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion - keep checking in there as well.

Good luck -- let us know how it goes.
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,191
    Thanks for posting those prices!
    - Ray
    Thinking the $55 - $56K price for a well equipped V8 is (while expensive) a reasonable value - as that term can be used in this context . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • coppercopper Member Posts: 94
    You're $1650 under invoice. Do you have to ask?
    Are you getting loyalty bonus too?

I've been getting $0 - $1000 under invoice in NJ.
    CT seems to have better deals.
    Auditor

Thanks for faxing that info. Picked it up this morning. I can read everything fairly well so no need to send again.

I will send my config prices to compare apples to apples later this week for analysis.

Thanks
    Auditor

Did my personal config. on the two.

3.2 is as follows:

$40,900 - 3.2
    $3,000 - Premium
    $1,000 - Convenience
    $550 - Sat Radio
    $1,250 - Sport Pkg
    $1,000 - Premium Leather
    Total = $47,700

4.2 is as follows:

$50,500 - 4.2 (bad [non-permissible content removed] V8)
    $0 - Premium Inc.
    $0 - Convenience Inc.
    $1,500 - Sport package
    $0 - Premium Leather Inc.
    $1,300 - Bose Audio & Sat system
    Total = $53,300

Difference is $5,600

Now, is there no navigation standard on these cars? You have to order the separate option of DVD Nav for $1,500?

Also, does the Bose system come standard on the 4.2 or is it an option for both vehicles.

Thanks
    Chris:

To really get "apples to apples," I suggest you add $500 sport seats to the 3.2 you configured, since the 4.2's sport package includes them. This would bring your 3.2's total to $48,200, or $5,100 less than your 4.2's total of $53,300. To each total, of course, you'd then need to add the $720 delivery charge to be really complete.

Per the price sheets I sent you, it seems that neither a DVD-based NAV system or BOSE audio system are standard on either model. That is, the $1,500 DVD NAV system is an option on both models, and so is the BOSE system: on the 3.2, it's part of the $3,000 premium package; and, on the 4.2, it's part of a $1,300 BOSE option that also includes a satellite radio.
    As we both speculated a few weeks ago, it looks like the additional
    MSRP for the V8 engine is about $5K. To see if it's worth that to get
    a car that's about 1 second faster, maybe has a few more extra finer items inside and is a bit more "exclusive," perhaps we'll both have to test both cars, preferably one right after the other.

Let's keep the dialog going.

Bob
  • jazzjitjazzjit Member Posts: 14
    Hey Everyone,

I have been looking at the recent discussions and prices on the A6 and they seem extremely reasonable. My one question is that there is a 1000 dollar option for premium leather seats. I have been seeing this on the new A4 Cabriolet as well. What is the difference between the premium leather and normal leather the car comes standard with? Is it really worth a grand more for it? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
  • tommtomm Member Posts: 31
    How about the gas milage factor? Only 1 sec. to 60 faster - but what about fuel economy (both use high-test - not cheap!)