Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Intrepid

Comments

• andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,655
    I feel pretty much the same way about the new 300. I do like it, because I like old cars, but I also like the style of the Intrepid.

As far as automotive evolution goes, I think Chrysler could have offered the new 300/300C way back in 1990, as a replacement for the Gran Fury/Diplomat/5th Avenue, and it wouldn't have looked the least bit out of place. It's almost as if, with the 300, that they've completely erased the evolution of Mopar styling that was laid by the Dynasty and all its clones and both iterations of the LH car.

And you're right, the 300 doesn't have as much trunk space as the Intrepid. From figures I've read, the Intrepid has 18.4 cubic feet, while the 300 only has 15.6. I've had a few cars with about that much trunk space, like my '89 Gran Fury (15.6), '80 Malibu, '82 Cutlass Supreme, and '86 Monte Carlo (about 16.1) and a '68 and '69 Dart (about 17-18...wide and long, but really shallow...forget about putting a tall cooler back there!)

I guess overall, when you figure the 300 is about 6-7" shorter than the Intrepid and RWD, which is going to eat up some space, maybe it's not TOO bad of a trunk size. But it's definitely what I'd consider a midsized trunk, whereas the Intrepid is closer to full-sized. Although with some of the cars I've had, a true full-size trunk to me is 20+ cubic feet!

And yeah, something that looks like an Intrepid, but with a Hemi, would be way coo! 8-)
  • tedw521tedw521 Member Posts: 5
    I have a '98 Intrepid SE that's loaded and has always been well cared for. Belonged to a salesman relative for 5 years, then I got it last year. It has 200K miles on it. Transmission was rebuilt at 165K, but otherwise mostly original. The engine runs very well. Will need some front end work eventually, but I'm sure I could drive it a year or two without doing that work. It's now driven 15K miles/yr. Climate control, power stuff all work now, but you never know about electrical/electronics.

So it was parked at a store last week and a neighbor, who we vaguely know, has backed into it. She waited until I came back, and there were witnesses. The dent is about as big as your hand, but because it covers multiple body panels and plastic pieces, the two body guys say it would be about $1500 to fix, based on $39/hour labor. I think that's a fair estimate.

The lady wants to settle out of pocket, without involving the insurance companies. Money IS an issue for this person. I could personally touch up the paint, and maybe get a plastic piece from a junk yard for $100, but it would still look crummy. Trouble is, I have to see this person quite a lot, and I'd never be able to repair the damage on my own so that it doesn't show. To make it dissappear, it would cost every bit of the $1500. This is a very small town, so nothing is hidden.

Any advice? How much longer will the Intrepid last? Do you put $1500 into a car that Edmunds says is worth $2120-2825, based on the miles? Rather than deal with the problem directly, I'm tempted to just take the money, but use it plus the car to trade for something else that's lower miles. I would be really interested to see what you neutral bystanders would have to say about the situation.
  • smithedsmithed Member Posts: 444
    tedw521,
    Here is what I would do, given the situation. The neighbor is responsible for the damage that she caused, and is making her own decision about whether to turn it into her insurance company. Of course, you have to go along with her on that, and it is a nice thing that you have agreed to that. It is possible that an insurance company would call your Intrepid a total loss given its current low value and the amount it would take to fix it right.

Why don't you get some real estimates of the cost of a first class repair and present those to your neighbor? Now, if you really wanted to be nice, and the money is a real issue for her, make the repairs yourself, get her to agree to pay you $100 per month. You bank that money, and in a year and a half, get rid of the Intrepid and buy a lower mileage one.

In addition to the Intrepid, I drive an old minivan that has been dented numerous times by family and friends. It is great to say "who cares" and say that such a dent just adds character and keep driving it.

About how long it will last, who knows? The engine is certainly suspect given the high mileage (is it a 2.7 or 3.2?). Just about any component could go out at any time, but all could last another 50 to 100,000.

My two cents.
  • tedw521tedw521 Member Posts: 5
    In answer, the $1500 IS a real estimate from good local shops. In this case, it's the 3.2 that has lasted 200K miles. And I kind of worry that since it would be spread over time, it becomes less likely that I'll see all the money. Thanks very much for taking the time to respond.
    that your car is going to be considered a total losss. I don't know if this is always the case, but the last time I had a car totaled, they said that once the cost to repair went over 60% of the book value, they'd total it out.

Well, my 1986 Monte Carlo, with 192,000 miles on it, had a book value of around $2200-2300 when I got t-boned. Insurance company estimated $1500 to fix it, so they just totaled it. I paid about $150 to keep the wreckage, and ended up selling it for parts.

Now my Monte really wasn't driveable anymore. The hit knocked the front-end severely out of alignment, and smashed the right side fender, door, and quarter panel. Bent the A-pillar just enough to crack the windshield, and buckled the floor pan just a little. I'm sure it would've really been more than $1500 to fix!

Honestly, you're not going to get much of a tradein on a car like that, regardless of condtion. Edmunds might say it's worth $2100 or so, but it's a safe bet that if you trade it in, you'll only get like $500-1000. Put $1500 into it and you'll still only get about the same in trade.

I'd let the insurance company total it out, but then hang onto it. That way, you'll get the book value of the car (NOT the tradein value...you probably WOULD get about $2000-2100 from the ins company).

If it's still driveable, I'd say drive it till it drops, pocket the money, and don't worry about the bodywork.
  • hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    My 99 Intrepid went into limp mode and returned to normal operation after a off on of the ignition switch. Hard downshifting, by itself would return to the limp mode. Thanks to the 300M owners, I suspected one of the trans sensors, since the car is still covered by the extended warranty, with a deductable, I brought it in to the dealer and suggested I knew that it could be one of the sensors but suggested they check both. They ended up replacing both and the car runs like a dream again. Thanks again 300M'ers and Intrepid owners for bringing this up on these boards.
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    2000 Intrepid ES lease, I have a few questions about returning it...

1.Altho I have maintained it well, it is almost time for the second transmission oil change and flushing of the power steering fluid...do they request maintenance records when you turn the car in, so as to prove that you maintained it, or do they just take a chance???...if they do take a chance, how would they know if you ever changed the oil at all???

2. Should I perform the tranny and power steering fluid change, even if it gets returned to them in a few months?

3. There is a small star from a rock in the front windshield...should I call out one of those windshield repair services or turn it in as-is?

4. Lastly, there is a 3 inch dent in my hood from someone's bumper backing into me...should I pay to repair it now, or turn it in with the dent and let them repair it...is a small 3 inch dent in five years classified as normal wear and tear, as few cars last 5 years without any dents or dings...

Thanks for your help.

Bob
  • emaleemale Member Posts: 1,380
    bob,

my experience in returning two different leased vehicles is that they basically check all the fluid levels...start the car to make sure it runs...look it over for wear and tear. check tire tread.

they might be able to ding you on the dent (no pun intended)...that might be above what is considered normal. otherwise if i were you i wouldn't perform the maintenance stuff excepting maybe an oil change if that's needed. as for the window...if it's just a small star your insurance company would probably fix that without charging you the deductible.

and no they've never required me to show maintenance records.

btw, if you plan to trade for another chrysler they might even let you do it before your lease is up...without penalty.
  • mrossmross Member Posts: 2
    Hey

I have a Dodge Intrepid ES ’99 – 3.2L. The car has close to 60,000 and runs perfectly. I called the dodge service and they tolled be that at this mileage I should change the timing belt and the water pump (total of $1,000). I don’t know what to do, should I go ahead and change it or can I wait?
  • mrossmross Member Posts: 2
    Hey

I have a Dodge Intrepid ES ’99 – 3.2L. The car has close to 60,000 and runs perfectly. I called the dodge service and they tolled be that at this mileage I should change the timing belt and the water pump (total of $1,000). I don’t know what to do, should I go ahead and change it or can I wait? thanx Mark
    The interval for that service as recommended by Chrysler is 105,000 miles. I have the same car and engine as you, have 84,000 miles on it and don't plan to have that service done until it reaches that 105,000 mile mark. I don't think that at 60,000 miles I would consider having it done. The reason for doing the water pump at the same time is that they have to remove it to do the timing belt, so might as well replace it at the same time rather than take a chance on it going out.
    don't even worry about the timing belt and water pump on that 3.2 until you hit the 105,000 mile mark!

Oh yeah, on another front, my '00 Trep hit the 94,000 mile mark this weekend, on its way to the all Mopar Nationals in Carlisle PA. It made the trip up and back, plus assorted running around and junk, with no issues at all.
    After an oil change by the dealer last week, I noticed oil on the floor of the garage. The 3.2 has never leaked before. I took it back expecting them to tell me that something was not sufficiently tightened. Bad news came, the oil pan had stripped out threads for the plug and an oversize plug would not stop the leak (they tried). Recommended a new oil pan. I complained because they had done all the oil changes there. Their computer confirmed that. The service manager told me that this is a design flaw on the 3.2, because the oil pan is also aluminum and the plug is made of harder material than the pan. They have been replacing lots of these after years of oil changes and Chrysler knows of the problem, but will not provide compensation to me or the dealer . We bargained a little (I don't think they would have if I hadn't had the car serviced there regularly) and I ended up buying the pan and they installed it and replaced the oil without charge. I guess I could have moaned more, and maybe gotten the pan, too. But I was satisfied with how I was treated. The service manager said that the oil pan and plug is a "poor design".
    However, still enjoying the Intrepid.
    That's what I get for having regular oil changes (averages out to about every 4,500 miles over a 5 year period.
  • Jason5Jason5 Member Posts: 440
    I had a very visceral reaction to your posting. In my OPINION--the dealer is trying to attribute their error to a design flaw. I've NEVER heard of the oil pan being an unacknowledged design flaw, nor has my Intrepid--in 93,000 miles, ever had problems like those you mention. I'd suggest that you reapproach your service manager--tell them you believe they are in error and if they are unresponsive--ask for the number of the regional representative. I'd like to hear DUSTY weigh in on this...
    I hope you didn't vomit.
    on the 3.2 a different design than the 2.7? Last year I ended up tearing up the drain plug on my 2.7, stripping the head so that it would no longer unscrew.

It was purely my fault though...the first time I changed the oil, I used a 1/2 socket that sort of fit, but I found out once I got it off that it was actually a 13mm, which is just a little bit bigger. Anyway, it deformed the bolt head to where a 13mm or 1/2 would take it off, but finally got to the point that it wouldn't come off.

Somehow, I got it on way too tight, and actually broke a socket trying to get it loose! Used a better socket, and it tore up the bolt head so bad that I had to give up and drive it down to the repair shop and have them get it out. That little stunt cost me about $55.00.

The guys at the garage misunderstood me at first, thinking I had actually stripped the pan, and not the head on the drain plug. They told me that stripping the pan is actually a fairly common problem. In fact, at that time, they had another Trep in the shop because Jiffy Lube had stripped it. Jiffy Lube was at least admitting responsbility though, and picking up the tab for that one.

Still, I guess with all the fighting I did with this drain plug, it's a miracle I didn't strip something! Nowadays, I make sure I'm VERY careful when I change my oil, and keep a 13mm wrench with the car at all times!
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    I noted in an earlier post that you have a 2002 King Ranch F150...I am considering the same, and I want to ask you some questions...please email me so I can ask you privately...be sure to put your name "emale" into the subject line so I won't delete it as a possible virus...thanks

Bob
  • mike372mike372 Member Posts: 354
    The last time (literally the last time) I was at my local five star Dodge Dealer, the service rep told me that stripping the oil pan screw threads on the Intrepids was a fairly common problem. This is due to the fact that the threads on the pan are aluminum and the bolt is steel. If what he said is true, nowadays I dont know what to believe anymore, it would explain why you have to be very careful when you replace the drain screw.
    on vacation for two weeks. I tried to compare it to the Trep. I liked the Chevy V-6 more than the Intrepids six. I thought it had more low end torque, and it probably did since it was a higher displacement engine. It was a pretty good looking car, although the interior dash panel was not as nice as the Treps. Also, the steering was not quite as responsive, it felt as if you were driving a larger car. However, the depreciation is probably not as great as the Trep, mostly due to the fact that it is a two door specialty coupe. Perhaps in the long run it would last longer than the Dodge.
    which engine did that Monte Carlo have? The base version is a 3.4 with something like 180 hp, while the nicer version has a 3.8 with 200 hp. My Dad has an '03 Regal that has the 3.8, and it's definitely a gutsier engine than the 2.7 that's in my Intrepid. But with 40% more displacement, it better be!

I've never driven a 3.4, but have driven an '01 Malibu that had the 3.1, which is the same basic engine. From 0-60 it felt quicker than my Intrepid, but at higher speeds, the Trep just seemed to breathe better and was more responsive. The 3.1 was noisier though.

In the long run, I don't know if a Monte Carlo would be better than an Intrepid or not. GM's automatic trannies are supposed to be some of the best nowadays, whereas Chrysler still has that stigma attached to the old UltraDrive. The 3.8 V-6 is supposed to be an excellent engine, but has been plagued with intake manifold leakes. The 3.4 tends to have them as well. And I also believe the 2.8/3.1/3.4 block is prone to head gasket failures.

As for depreciation, I think a Monte or Impala would still be bad, but concur that an Intrepid would still be worse. Plus, since the Intrepid and Concorde/300M are out of production, I think that'll hurt resale as well.

I know looks are subjective, but I think the current Monte Carlo is the ugliest car to ever wear that nameplate!! ;-) I used to have an '86 Monte though, so I'm a bit jaded on the subject!
    The Monte had the 3.4L engine. While not producing as much HP as the 2.7L, it probably had greater HP at lower RPM's. Plus the torque was better at a lower RPM because of the larger displacement engine. When you think about, the 2.7L is a tiny engine, especially when compared to some of the small block GM engines I have had. My 1976 Firebird Esprit had a 5.7L motor! Now that was a powerful car.
    Even my 89 TBird had a 3.8L engine (but not 24 valve). AS far as looks are concerned, it could use some refinement, especially the headlamps, but it had that classic look which I like. Plus, being a two door, I could probably stuff my Searslawnmower in the front seat (complete in box)like I did with my TBird...try that with a four door Intrepid! Plus the trunk opening was much wider. However, the Trep was a clear winner as far as back seat legroom was concerned. All in all, maybe I s/h researched the Monte Carlo better before I bought the Trep.

I also had a Buick Century for a few days. Not impressed at all, except for the fact that the car was practically brand new with 1400 miles on the clock. But it made it to the top of the Haleakala volcano, 10023 feet high, as I watched the sun rise above the clouds!
  • questionerquestioner Member Posts: 11
    I came across a 01 Intrepid with 32000 miles. It looks nice.
    My question is: when did Chrysler start the 7 year/70000 miles powertrain warranty? Does this 01 Intrepid has it? It is tansferrable?

Thanks!
    but I don't think they started offering the 7/70 until 2002. And even there you have to be careful, because they didn't do it at the beginning of the '02 model year, so some '02's would have it, while others would not.

Back in September, I thought about trading in my '00 Intrepid on an '02 Intrepid R/T I'd found, with about 35,000 miles on it. The salesman told me that not all '02's had the 7/70 warranty, and unfortunately kept evading the point whenever I'd bring it up. So I ended up evading, when it came to buying the car!

I think the 2001 still only has the 3/36K bumper to bumper, and depending on the date the car was originally put into service, it could be out of warranty completely at this point.
    powertrain warranty began with all 02 or newer Chrysler vehicles placed in service after sometime in June or July 2002. I will have to look up the date to be sure. The date the vehicle was placed in service is important, not the date manufactured.
    nothing exciting to report though. My 'Trep is probably going to hit the 95,000 mile mark either today or tomorrow. And just 4 more payments and she's all mine!
    on my Intrepid, and nothing has gone wrong since the rotors were replaced. But rotors seeem to be a problem on other cars too, as there were problems when my 89 TBird was fairly new due to warped rotors. And the front rotors on my fathers Escape were trash at 38K miles. So have to give Chrysler the benefit of the doubt in this case.
    At 14,000 miles I am going to switch to Mobil One as I still have concerns about the engine. Maybe I can get 200K miles out of the engine?!
    that car's gonna be able to qualify for antique plates by the time you hit 200,000 miles! ;-)
    maybe it will be the first 'antique' Intrepid!Actually, I was thinking of storing the car and just driving the Celica around, but I decided that I should try to drive it about 30K miles during the first three years to get the most out of the warranty. Hhmmm, maybe QQ plates would look good on the Trep.
    Andre...apparently our Intrepids were separated at birth? I just reached 95K and she'll be paid off in November. Hmmmm.. Mike. For what it's worth--I whole heartedly endorse the switch to synthetics. For a variety of reasons (heavy highway use over the past two years, a lack of excess funds, etc)I switched to synthetic oil and increased the interval of my changes. Absolutely no ill effects--that I can experience--and I've never added additional oil--even when I went 7000 miles between changes. Next step is deciding whether I need struts by 100K and performing another transmission flush and refill.
    where the PCV valve is located on a 2000 Honda CIvic. Or does it even have one? I looked all over but cannot find the damn thing. Or maybe I should try a different post ie. Honda. The check engine lite will not go off and its emission related and I'm getting real frustrated. The plugs are pretty new, autolite platinum, but maybe I should switch back to NGK's. My girlfriend is bringing it to the dealer this Thursday and I am trying to figure out whats wrong.
  • masonmimasonmi Member Posts: 148
    I'm looking at purchasing a 2004 Intrepid SE, with a 2.7 Engine how has the reliability been on these models? i've read in prior postings there were some issues in the earlier Intrepid models. I like the ride and the handling of the Intrepid, I wouldnt mind a little insight before I make the purchase.
    I'm unsure if message 2461 was directed to me or not, I was just asking if the 2004 Intrepid's had any issues, theres so many Intrepid's on the road they all can't have issues and it appears most every forum on any talk area has lemons of some type. i've seen quite a bit of talk about the 99-01 and some 02 Intrepids but nothing about about the 03's or 04's.
    that he was pretty pissed off at the 2.7L engine. If I were you I would stay away from the 2.7L engine. I bought a 2002 leftover in March 03 but mine has only 13,500 miles on the clock. If I had to do it again, I would have bought the 3.5L SXT model. There is too much talk about engine sludge, etc with the 2.7 engine. Plus the 2.7L only has marginal power for the Trep. Plus I would think twice about buying a discontinued car in its last model year. The Intrepid has not been manufactured for almost a year now. Maybe consider a Monte Carlo with a 3.8L engine. Chevy has a good reputation for its engines. Also, the depreciation on the Trep is awful. I mean horrible. I have to admit I am not a Mopar fan and the Trep is my first Chrysler purchase and may be my last. The 03 and 04's have not been around long enuf to develop any major problems. They have the same 2.7L engine as the 98-02 models.
    Isn't the 2.7 Engine in other Dodge cars such as the Stratus? if I decide on the 2004 Intrepid im not to worried it still has bumper to bumper coverage till 36K and 7/70 powertrain coverage.
    I have a 2000 Intrepid with the 2.7 V-6. It has about 95,500 miles on it, with no engine issues so far. And I haven't been very religious about changing the oil every 3,000 miles, either...I've slacked off a few times and let it stretch to 3500, 4000, or even 5000 every once in awhile.

Now it hasn't been a perfect car. At 35,000 miles I had to have the power lock actuator in the driver's door fixed, but that was under warranty. Somewhere in the low 40,000 range, the power mirror on the passenger side quit working, but I can still push it into the position I need it, so I didn't bother with it. Plus, I've driven mainly older cars in the past, where just to have a passenger side mirror was an option, so that mirror really isn't critical to me. Also around that time, I noticed the door seals were starting to shrink up.

Also around 40,000 the brake rotors up front started to show the slightest signs of warping...but I'm still on those same rotors. It's at the point now it's just a minor annoyance, but if it gets any worse I'll get them replaced.

Around 51,000 miles, I had to have the thermostat housing replaced because it was leaking. That was a pisser, around $210. Nowadays that's not a very big repair bill I guess, but in my mind, I guess I was thinking back to when a thermostat housing broke on my old Dodge Dart slant six. Took maybe a half hour to replace doing it myself, and the part was maybe 5 bucks from the junkyard.

Things were pretty uneventful from then on out, until last September. Around the 86,000 mile mark, my oil pressure light started coming on, but would only do it when fully warmed up, and at idle, like when the rpms dropped to around 500. Putting it in neutral while stopped at a light would usually make it go away. It had to go back to the dealer 3 times for them to fix that. Turns out there was a TSB on it...there's a part where the wiring runs through that gets too hot, giving a false reading, so they have to install some kind of vent to release the heat.

Maintenance-wise, I've rotated the tires about every 9,000 miles, had the tranny serviced every 30,000, had one alignment, around 62K I think, new spark plugs at 51K, and new hoses and a coolant flush at 86K.

I finally replaced the one rear door seal that shrunk the most, somewhere in the lower 80K range. Once I figured out how to do it, I just popped the other three loose and re-positioned them so that they sealed better.

As for brakes, I put on new front pads at 39,000 and 69,000, and had rears put on at 51,000. I did run throught the OEM Goodyear Eagle GA's at around 30,000 miles, though. The second set, some cheap Continentals, made it up through about 76,000. They would have gone further, but by that time, one tire had a slow leak in it, another had two patches, and a third was worn from when the car went out of alignment. So it was time!

Overall, it hasn't been a perfect car, but it's never left me stranded. And has never pissed me off enough to swear off Chrysler. In fact, this past weekend, I went on a trip from DC to Harrisburg, and then over to Macungie PA (kinda near Philly, I think) for a car show. Round trip it probably ended up being around 370 miles, and at speeds up to 90 mph. Once upon a time, most people would probably have been scared to do that with a car with this many miles on it, but today I wouldn't think twice about it.

And yeah, the 2.7 is the same engine that's used in the Stratus sedan and Sebring sedan and convertible. It's also still used in the base version of the 300 and Magnum, although it's been re-cammed and the intake has been massaged to give it a broader torque curve. Same peak torque, but more of it's available over a broader rpm range. I think peak hp did drop, from 200 to 190, but overall performance is better. Or would be, if the 300/Magnum weren't so much heavier!

Mike372 does bring up some good points about depreciation. However, since it's now a discontinued model, you should be able to get a really good deal on one, which will help offset the depreciation. And if you're the type that holds onto your cars for awhile, and doesn't trade every year or two, depreciation shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Good luck!
    the most informative article on the web concerning the 2.7L Intrepid engine is tltled 'Rebuilding the Chrysler 2.7L, Doug Anderson, Engine Rebuilder, April 2004. The article is well written and it seems to me if someone is going to take the time to make a fairly complicated web site then there has to be at least some concern over the 2.7L engine. I dont know the author personally but it appears he is very knowledgable when it comes to automobile engines. The URL is http://www.pera.org/CoreTalk/eb40430.htm. I will not comment on the article as everyone has to reach his/her conclusions.

Well........back to trying to figure out the check engine lite in my girlfriend's Civic. Even Hondas are not perfect?!
    Mike...I sense you want to use this web site as some justification for "problems" with the 2.7. As I read it, it is an informational site geared (pardon the pun) toward those who rebuild engines for fun or profit--and is sharing his experiences and those gathered from other rebuilders. That is what I took from the site--and two of my brothers--who are mechanics--took from it as well.
    How many miles were on the Intrepids when the 2.7's first developed problems?
    I noticed the postings have gotten very quiet, Are the Intrepids only built in Canada? or are they also built within the US?
    intrepids are no longer being built. the one and only LH (intrepid, concorde, 300m, lhs) factory was converted to producing the new 300 and magnum about a year ago. and that factory is in brampton, ontario, canada.
  • lbeasmanlbeasman Member Posts: 10
    I bought a "pre-owned" certified 2000 'Trep with 44,00 miles on it. It has some of the power-train warranty left on it. I also paid an additional $1500 for the car care plus to cover everything else, Only one minor problem was a fuel tank sensor that was going "wacky" . The dealer replaced it.The engine is the 2.7. I am going to keep on top of the oil changes and fluid checks. It's a nice car for going to work.
    I noticed on some Intrepids they are listed as Certified Pre Owned and some aren't whats the difference in the two? or does Chrysler provide an extra set of coverage to select Intrepids?
    but I think "Certified", means that they gave the car a more thorough inspection, it was a nicer, cleaner, lower-mileage car to begin with, and they give it a better warranty than an "ordinary" used car. They also give it a higher price tag.
    I wonder if its specific from Dealer to Dealer, I purchased a used 2004 Intrepid from a five star Dodge Dealership however none of the Dealers Intrepids were Certified, I should have asked, i'm still comfortable with the factory warranty and the 7/70 protection.
    How are those Yokohama Avid's doing. How many miles on them now.
    the car has about 96,000 miles on it now. I think I had those Yokos put on around the 77K mark? I know it was around Feb or March of 2003, so that sounds about right. So far so good!
    Does anyone know if Dodge is offering incentives on 2004 Intrepids, if so does anyone know the dates they are or were effective, i didnt see anything on the dodge.com site.
    there's $4000 cash back, but that incentive ends today, 8/31/04. I'm sure they'll come up with something else though, to move the leftovers.

There's also a $500 customer bonus cash to active military/reserve personnel and their immediate families living in the same household, but you have to finance through Chrysler.

They're not listing any low-APR financing, but I think you could probably get about 3.5-4% nowadays through just about any credit union.
    here is an article that might interest some of you. it pertains to the 2.7l v6 engine...

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7472&sid=17- 3&n=156
    I noticed in the Car Connection article that DC has been petitioned by the center for auto safety on the 2.7L Engines from 1998 to 2002, i'm curious why they left out 2003-2004 engines? wouldn't these engines be at risk? or are the problems fixed on the newer models?