Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Older Acura TLs

Comments

• ben_1ben_1 Member Posts: 3
    (Note: I originally posted this message as its own thread, but was told to move it here.)

I own a 2001 Acura 3.2TL. I purchased this car in January of 2001 (21 months ago and nearly 35k miles). Here is a history of the problems this car has had:

7500 mile maintenance - dealership drained my oil, did not refill it, and gave the car back to me. After driving out, I realized what was wrong, brought it back but it was too late, engine had seized. They had to take my car for 2 weeks and replace the "upper block" of the engine. Obviously the dealer's doing, and they claimed to have fired the technician responsible for the error.

around 10-15k miles - noticed transmission was acting a little flakey (little shakes sometimes when accelerating), brought it in, they replaced it. Dealership claimed it had nothign to do with the engine replacement, I suppose this was one of the unlucky 1.6% with a bad tranny.

around 35k miles (recently) - heard a sputtering noise coming from the left of the engine, brought it in, they said the timing belt was worn 75% of the way thru and replaced it. Noted that if I had waited to act, the engine could have been ruined. How does this happen to a car with so few miles? They claimed it was not related to the other two problems the car had in the past. I wonder though if they did not properly setup the timing belt after reassembling my engine.

I only have 15k miles left before the 50k warranty is up, and am fearful that these costly problems could continue. Does anyone have any insight into whether I have possibly gotten a lemon, or if maybe I could be in the clear? Is a car with this kind of history more prone to immediate problems, thus giving me good reason to sell it as soon as it's out of warranty? Final question - about how costly would an extended warranty be on this car, and is it something that I could get for free/reduced from the dealership because of the problems I've had? Any feedback would help. Thanks,
    Ben
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    isn't much good now, but I would have tried my best to get them to replace the car or given you additional compensation after the 7,500 mile screw-up. There is no way that you would have been able to sell the car at that time without taking a huge hit. Nobody wants to pay top dollar for a low milage used car that's had the engine rebuilt.

It doesn't sound like you got a "lemon" under the lemon law definition. But you might want to check with an attorney or the consumer affairs bureau in your area. If you talk to an attorney, it wouldn't hurt to ask them whether you might still be entitled to monetary damages under the original engine screw up. I have a friend whose nearly new BMW 540i was damaged at his dealership. The dealerhip replaced and repainted the front and rear driver's side doors. My friend still filed a claim and settled for an additional $3,500 in reduced resale value.
  • al_in_a_tlal_in_a_tl Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2000 TL and just managed to squeeze 2 rear facing seats in for the twins. We found quite a variation in the different seats fitting but ours seemed to be on the bigger side. We used towels to protect the leather. Mounting soothers on the inside straps allowed the driver to reach it for the passenger side baby (at stop signs) and vice-versa for the passenger. But we couldn't see them. The twin stroller (94 cm) just fit lengthwise in the trunk which was great for easy loading.

At 83,000 km I have had few problems and am considering going to the 2003 model. Wind/Rain noise sometimes seems louder than you would expect but at other times I still look down at the speed and am surpised how quiet the car is. Perhaps it's wind direction?

When the car was new I had an annoying rattle. It was only noticeable because the car was so quiet. Finally tracked it down. It was my sunglasses in the overhead compartment! Only thing I've ever complained about was the tail-lights. Was losing 1 bulb per service for a while but now that seems to have stopped (over a year). Perhaps just bad luck with a few duds.
  • jeppingjepping Member Posts: 30
    I posted the following in the TL-S forum with not much luck: I leased a 2003 TL Type S about a month ago, since the day one I’ve been hearing this whistle like noise when the A/C compressor is engaged. It seems to be louder during stop and go traffic, regardless of the outside temperature. The dealer claimed it was normal at first but later admitted that it is a problem that Acura tech line is aware of but has no fix as of yet. Has anyone else experienced this problem and did you get it fixed?

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • hamproofhamproof Member Posts: 241
    I guess 2000 TL should be the same as 1999/2000/2001/2002/2003. Anyone knows?? TIA.
  • rroyer1rroyer1 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a wood grain dash kit from exoticwooddash.com. It was so easy to install an idiot could do it. You don't even have to remove any knobs. It looks better than the one on the demo I test drove. I think they also have wheel kits. Give them a try.
  • chineechinee Member Posts: 50
    Looked at the site, I see that the price of the kit is $180.00, seems fair, but,

1. How does it look? Cheap, classy, or in between?
    2. Did you install all of the pieces? How long did the entire job take you.
    3. Do you have any actual pics of the final results posted anywhere? The website did not have a TL pic.
    4. Most importantly, did the color match exactly?

I'm really interested in doing this? Maybe not all the pieces but at least 75%.
  • sionghchansionghchan Member Posts: 5
    Ahh..I guess I didn't explain myself clearly. When I said that the TL seems to be a quiet car (quieter than Maxima, G35 etc), I meant that IF this car were to be perfect, no rattles, squeeks etc. To be fair, we cannot take in rattles etc into account because those might be anomaly ... and I might just have gotten a lemon. :(

Apart from the windshield rattling, all the other noise (wind noise, chair squeeks etc) are very very minor. I'm just being EXTREMELY picky there. So, really, it's just the windshield rattling that isn't acceptable for me. However, taking out the windshield rattling, TL IMHO is really quieter than a lot of the other cars mentioned. Of course, this is just my subjective opinion...you are more than welcome to disagree..
  • sahara1sahara1 Member Posts: 3
    We are in the market for a 2003 Acura TL and we can't decide on a color. I like the black on black but do you think it will age well? Plus we live in the Texas heat. We already have one silver car or we would have chosen silver. I know this is subjective but which color TL do you think looks the best? Thanks for your input!
    sionghchan: Actually, I agree that the TL is one of the quiter riding cars of the bunch. It is well insulated and favors quietness over sportiness. But I don't think your experience is an anomoly - my friend who bought one last fall also has quite a few annoying squeeks and rattles. He's managed to get the dealer to locate and correct some, but a few remain. Good luck on your windshield.

sahara1: I am not familiar with what it is called, but the Acura's deep metallic grey or grey/blue I've seen looks great and holds up well (at least our neighbor's has). Black is only for masochists. I had a black Supra. Couldn't keep it clean, showed every tiny scratch, swirl or other imperfection and cooked me alive when left in the sun (and that was in DC, not Texas). Good luck.
  • steedmsteedm Member Posts: 14
    I have considered that carefully also. The interior color concerns me more than the exterior, methinks black leather will be hot to sit on. My current plan is to get white pearl with parchment interior.
    There are not many colors that come with the parchment leather, which is a shame....
  • chineechinee Member Posts: 50
    I love the blue, can't recall the exact name but it's dark also. But what a beauty!
  • maxvac32maxvac32 Member Posts: 5
    I also think the white with parchment is a good choice. Especially if you tint the windows for contrast. Black is pretty, when it's clean.
  • scott31scott31 Member Posts: 292
    Oh dear God, don't get the Parchment interior. It will show every spec of dirt. It drives me nuts that Acura/Honda, and Nissan/Infiniti puts that @#$%$# beige in just about everything. It really limits the # of exterior colors you can get.
    I just got a 2003 TL. Personally, if given a choice, I would really like the White Pearl with a beige interior. However, here in Canada, I cannot get a White Pearl in the TL. It is only available for the TL-S. So, I settled for the Silver with Black interior. Actually, for practical reasons, I will only look at black interior (although I prefer the beige colour). However, looking back, if I have to buy this car all over again, I would have chosen the Antracite (grey metallic) with the black interior. Good luck with your purchase!
  • bartalk2bartalk2 Member Posts: 326
    When?
  • px260px260 Member Posts: 42
    I have a black on black car and I live in So Cal. The heat generated from the black leather is incredable. Unless you like it warm, the interior of my car is at least 20 degrees warmer than the outside. Black color is very business-like, and the black paint is hard to keep clean at all time. I'd recommend silver/white on the outside and dark grey on the inside for ease of maintenance and aesthetics reasons.
  • mfjarvind69mfjarvind69 Member Posts: 14
    My wife and I have a 2002 TL with 18000 miles on it. Mostly highway driving and we don't drive hard. I thought I had a lemon until I read the posts on this message board. Here are the problems I ma facing:
    1)Steering wobbles when braking from a speed greater than 60mph.
    2)Rattling sunroof (now fixed by dealer)
    3)Passenger airbag cover etc. loose causes very very loud rattle from the dashboard(I keep the music on to muffle it)
    4)On rough stretches, the windshield buzzes.

The problem is, the dealer is never able to duplicate the problems. Except for the fact that we would have a huge depreciation loss, a constant topic of conversation at home is when to sell the car!
    Sorry to hear about your problems.

I hate to suggest it, but does anybody think that the fact that the TL is made in Ohio might have anything to do with these types of problems? Back in 1995, I bought Maxima (Japanese built) over an Accord or Camry due, in part, to the reported fit and finish problems Honda and Toyota were having when they first shifted production of those cars to the US. After 131,000 miles, my Maxima isn't as quiet as it was when new, but it's pretty close. And, so far, my Japanese built S2000 has been perfect relative to such defects. Alternatively, my friend has been told that the rattles he is experiencing in his new BMW Z3 (U.S. built) are "common". The BMW dealership is trying to fix them, but they aren't promising anything. His 1998 528i at 50k+ miles still feels and sounds like a bank vault.

Patriotic sentiment aside, I would very much like to see an independent quality control assessment that compared fit, finish, rattle and squeek defects by manufacturing plant/location. There is too much isolated and anecdotal evidence to suggest that there isn't a correlation. Maybe getting the facts out in public would help fix the apparant disparity.
  • jdone1jdone1 Member Posts: 22
    The steering wobble when braking is caused by a well known tl problem with warped brake rotors. The dealer should resurface your rotors or replace them at no cost. Accept no bs.
    Hi...sorry to hear all your problems.

I personally know how you feel as I just bought a 2003 TL with only 3000km on it and I have some rattling problems of my own. As I have stated in an earlier post, some of my problems include:

1) Windshield rattling when the car is out of balance. UPDATE: I just got my car back from my dealer. Fortunately for me, I was able to reproduce the problem for my dealer and he agreed to fix it. The problem was traced to a body creak and my car (less than 1 month old!) was sent to a body shop here for a week and the roof frame near the windshield was re-welded and repainted. I'm not happy about this at all... However, what my dealer did seems to have rectified the problem. I am just wondering if I have a case to fight for a new car.

2) Whenever I heat up my seats, they seem to creak. At least the springs seem to creak. It is not so noticible when the seats are cold.

3) My safety belt seem to sqeek as well. Quite minor.

4) Wind noise seems a little lound with throbbing vibrations at around 100km/h. This is minor though.

What really got me off was the fact that when I got my car back after the re-welding, they left some bad pry marks around the sunglass holder. They also left me with a very big dent on the door frame. They have thus acknowledged that the pry marks were their fault, however, I had to fight for the dent ... as they said that it was my own doing. Lets say that I am becoming very dissatisfied with the quality as well as the care they take with customers.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Let me just observe that for over ten years I drove a completely trouble-free '89 Accord that was built in Ohio. I replaced tires, batteries, a muffler, headlight bulbs, timing belt - no other issues than routine maintenance. None.

Perfect cars and imperfect cars - in varying degrees of imperfection - can come from any factory, IMHO.

(going back to lurk mode now :))
    I agree.

But, are you or the other Edmunds people aware of any independent assessments that have been done to rate the quality of production at different plants? I seem to recall seeing that a particular Honda plant in Tochigi, Japan was considered number one in the world; but somewhere else saw it suggested that it was the AMG plant in Germany. Is there such a rating system/agency out there? Kind of like the Mobil guide to hotels?
  • katherinkatherin Member Posts: 6
    I too had the problem with color choice. It came down to what colors came with the parchment interior. Black, Eternal Blue, Pearl White, Firepepper Red or Naples Sand. I took the blue and have been very happy. I put a coat of wax on it and it looks great. Plus I don't see many others in that color. I also an very glad that I paid extra for the Navigation System with OnStar.
  • tmatt1tmatt1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Acura TL which seems to have a film on the inside of the windshield. I have tried all types of glass cleaners to no avail. I have read this was a problem in the past. Any suggestions?
  • lillywhitelillywhite Member Posts: 1
    Of course color choice is subjective. But I think you should go with what you think looks best. You look at that car every day, and if you get a color that you like less than another merely because the seat won't be as hot when you get in (it'll cool down) or because it shows less dirt (you're paying a lot of money for a great car - wash it or have it washed!), you'll regret it. This car looks ok in the majority of the colors offered, except for that tan color, which should be reserved only for those over 62. But I think the black on black look makes the current TL one of the most distinguished looking, and yet at the same time one of the most "tough-guy" looking cars around. Especially the Type S, because the 17 inch wheels really make a difference. I didn't really notice it until I had the car for a while, but that lousy inch over the regular 16's makes a world of attitude improvement. But that's just me. You may like another color better. My point is only to pick the color you like the look of the best and go with it, without concern for the practicalities. You're buying this car for the important practicalities - price, performance and reliability. Forget the practicalities when it comes to the color - they all cost the same, perform the same and share the same reliability. Go with what appeals to your eye, so every time you go out to the car you say "Damn, that car looks good!"
  • hunter001hunter001 Member Posts: 851
    I think the interior black color looks funereal. People in mourning wear black, after the death of a family member. Drab and gloomy. Any color other than black would have looked okay, as far as the interior was concerned, IMHO. Of course, the black exterior looks fabulous, when clean. Just don't get a vehicle with a black interior. JMHO.
    This was the reason for my ruling out Silver, even though that was my first choice, since the interior was only available in the funereal black.

Later...AH
  • jdone1jdone1 Member Posts: 22
    Of course a silver car with the black interior is the combination that always looks cleanest with the least trouble.
  • bjvjsbjvjs Member Posts: 27
    I own a 2000 TL and it is black on black. To my eye it is the best combination. The tan leather also looks good with the black exterior. I live in Ohio and no problems with excess heat. I will probably buy a 2004 TL in the spring and I will definitely get black on black.
  • cokane5227cokane5227 Member Posts: 117
    what is the color temp on the stock TL headlights? 4300k? 5000k? or 6000k? anybody has any information?
  • liner2liner2 Member Posts: 1
    Has Acura fixed the transmission problem with the TL series for 2003.?
  • jpnwdcjpnwdc Member Posts: 42
    My friend has a '99 TL. He needs new tires. In my research, I discovered what appears to be a good alternative to the Michelin MXV's. (In my opinion and experience, Michelins are over priced, and not necessarily the best.)

The Dunlop SP Sport A2 is less expensive, and appears to have superior customer survey ratings. (My source is tirerack.com.) Does anyone have experience with these tires? The Dunlops are HR (130mph) rated whereas the Michelins are VR rated (149mph).

I have Continental Contacs (CH95) on my 2002 BMW. I like them a lot. However, I don't believe they come in the right size for the TL.
  • richard52richard52 Member Posts: 41
    I just put a set of Dunlap SP Sport on my 2000 TL. So far so good. I also checked Tire Rack. Hope their customers are right. I am comcerned with winter tracion and according to Tire Rack survey the Dunlaps scord higher than the Michelins.
  • mcrensha1mcrensha1 Member Posts: 5
    I have had my 2002 TL for a little over a year now. I have not posted on here since that time. I purchased an eternal blue tl with the parchment interior. I have had only one service at 7500 miles costing $86. I had a problem with the sunroof creaking over bumps, the dealer put some sound deadning tape on it and the problem is solved. The only other problem I have had is the driver's seat belt buckle squeaks quite a bit. I saw a fix for it on acura-tl.com but it looked pretty involved. I think I will let my dealer take a look, it seems to be a widespread problem.
    The car looks great and the interior has been easy to live with. I think I have been impressed the most with the quietness of the car.
    Just wanted to let everyone know of my experiences. Happy motoring!
  • hughh1hughh1 Member Posts: 2
    The driver side heater floor outlet on my wife's 03 TL blows directly on the accelerator pedal. It gets uncomfortably hot on the drivers right foot in both modes that blow heat through the floor vents. The only mode that is comfortable is through the dash vents or defrost vents. Does anyone else have this problem or see this as a problem? Any way to adjust the floor vents?
    Hugh
  • jordart1jordart1 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to lease a new tl w/out navigation 15k miles a year. How much should I be out of pocket? How much should i pay for a 39 month lease? thanks for your help
    I have had the Dunlop SP Sport A/2s on my car for a while now. They are not as quiet as the stock Michelins but are definitely grippier. That is to be expected, since the Dunlops are in the "High Performance" category, while the Michelin MXV4 Energy Plus is in the "Touring tire" category. The Dunlops are "H" speed rated however, while the Michelins are "V" rated (higher than "H"), which should not pose any issues, since the driving we do, do not need a speed rating higher than "H". The Michelins (since they are of the "Energy" series) offer better mileage - due to their low-friction nature, but consequently offer worser high-performance grip. A side by side comparison of both tires, showed that the Michelins are definitely of much superior construction, again to be expected, since they charge an arm and a leg for those tires. I have not driven around with the Dunlops in the snow, however. The wet/dry grip of the Dunlop is fairly good for the category - not even close however, to the grip of the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S (categorised as Ultra-High-Performance All-season) that I replaced my Subaru's tires with. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S has EXCEPTIONAL grip in the wet and the dry AND in snow but is VERY pricey and does not come in the standard TL size.

The only other high-performance tire that comes in the standard 205/60R16 size is the Bridgestone Potenza RE92. But I am not too impressed with them, since they came standard on my other car - Subaru Impreza WRX Turbo and I had to replace them with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S to truly unlock the real performance potential of the car. But on the TL, I think even the Bridgestone RE92s should prove adequate, even though they have a very low treadwear rating.

Later...AH
  • neuronbobneuronbob Member Posts: 43
    I have a 2002 TL with TL-S rims. I have had the Dunlap SP Sport 5000 on my TL for almost six months (nearly 10 000 miles), after purchasing them from Tire Rack. These are listed on their site as "high-performance all-season", which is exactly what I was looking for as I live in a snowy clime. These tires are much quieter than the stock Michelins. They have much better grip in both dry and wet conditions than the stock Michelins did even when the Michelins were new. I was able to test them in snow and slush here in Cleveland, and they were competent but not perfect. The stock Michelins were better in this regard, but I don't anticipate having to switch totally to snows. We'll see as we get more snow...
  • joelhejoelhe Member Posts: 22
    I'm looking for information on availablity and new detailed coverage areas for the '03 DVD update. The Acura site only contains info on v 2.05 - released 9/26/01. Anyone have info. on the new release?

Thanks - Joel
    Your SP Sport 5000 is listed as "Ultra-high performance All-season" and is definitely better than the stock Michelins in dry and wet grip. This is different from the Dunlop SP Sport A/2, which is a notch below and is rated as "High Performance All-season".

But the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S which is also listed as "Ultra-High Performance All-season" is leagues better than the SP Sport 5000s in Dry/Wet and Snow grip. But it costs double that of the SP Sport 5000. It has a higher speed rating, higher load rating and is contructed using better materials including the use of Kevlar strands for high speed integrity. It also has a higher Treadwear rating and is expected to deliver the same performance as the tire wears, as when new, unlike the Dunlops who tend to lose their effectiveness as the tire wears.

If needed, I will post the opinions from a person who moved from the Dunlop SP Sport 5000s to the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires, who basically said that the Dunlops cannot hold a candle to the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. Note: the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S is completely different from the stock Michelins and has absolutely no similarity at all, other than the fact that the same company makes both tires.

Later...AH
    The following are comments from a person who switched to Michelin Pilot Sport A/S from the Dunlop SP Sport 5000:

Comment 1:

Recently switched on both cars from the SP5000s. The Dunlops are good but Pilots are outstanding, much better than Tirerack's test suggests. Also very quiet. Going with 17" rims means more noise and less ride comfort, but if these Pilots do as well on 17" as 16", they might be well worth the steep price. I'm not even thinking about going to 17" since the WRX handles so well. Why mess up a good thing? I've found the perfect tire.

Comment 2 (from the same person above after a month of driving around with the Pilots):

Thanks for bringing the Pilots to my attention! Tossing out 2 sets of perfectly good SP5000s wasn't one of my most frugal moves but I'm "rationalizing" them as a "mod" (replacing a perfectly good part with something that enhances the driving experience).

The improvement in driving feel is substantial and they are very quiet. With psi set to 36F/34R, the Pilots are far more stable and steering response is vastly improved over the SP 5000s. There's not a hint of squishyness in them, like with the SP 5000s. The ride is more firm than the SP5000s but it's a good kind of firm and they track much better (than the 5000s). Very confidence inspiring and not harsh. The Pilots are a definite step up and on par with the Dunlop SP9000 summer tires on my former S4. As you know, they're pricey (about $300 more for a set of 4) but they are well worth the premium over the SP 5000s, IMO. Today was a real mess with sleet and rain. I couldn't resist putting them through their paces on some favorite twisty back roads (in the WRX of course). These things are incredible in the slippery stuff! I made some sudden stops and it was hard to get the ABS to engage. The car just *stopped* with absolutely no drama, unlike with the 5000s. Instead of sliding around on the curves (as the SP 5000s used to do), they just stick and my speeds were close to what I'm willing to risk on dry roads. Temperatures have been in the 20's and 30's but the Pilots still handle like max performance tires do in summer !!! My S4 used winter performance tires (Dunlop Winter Sports) on stock 17" rims and there is *no way* it could handle like the Pilots in these temperatures and conditions. Even in the dry, the little wagon could probably hang right with the S4 in the summer when the Audi was running it's good stuff. While overall performance is remarkable, what I like most about the Pilots is they make both cars feel more "refined", especially the WRX. A lot of people probably think it's foolish to squander the extra money on tires but IMO tires are the single most important thing to worry about. Regardless of price, tires are cheap compared to what you pay for the car. I've decided to "compromise" with 16" rims all year round, but the folks with 17" rims and summer tires might want to consider the Pilots on 16" stock rims as their winter setup. That way, they won't be too let down when they need to swap tires.
  • neuronbobneuronbob Member Posts: 43
    When I was looking for tires a few months back, the michelin Sport A/S were my first choice. However, at the time, they could simply not be found in the size I was looking for (standard TL-S wheel). I figured that if I got a flat, I'd have a lot of difficulty looking for the right-sized tire and so moved on to the next choice. I'll probably change up when the 5000s wear out. That should be easy since I put 20-25k miles on my car yearly.

Thanks for the comparo!
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Does anyone know when the 2004 TL will be introduced?...any "spy shots"?....thanks
  • loritlorit Member Posts: 1
    I am so disappointed. My Acura TL 2000 has been in the shop 5 times. This last repair attempt is to replace the Engine Wire Harnass. Does anyone know what that is? Has anyone had to have to have the same replacement? I am so bummed. I thought I bought a quality car! If this attempt does not work and the engine light comes on again, I believe I can get my money back through the lemon law.
  • acuraclubacuraclub Member Posts: 1
    I have 97 3.2 TL that needs new tires.

The stock ones are Michelin Energy MXV4 plus, 94V. Though I like them okay, I feel they are too expensive...

I would like "Grand Tourings" for this car. I am looking at Continental Contitouring Contact CH95. Which I can get in 92H rating. Is it okay to run on 92H instead of 94V? I could drive agressively but I am never going to go beyond 100mph. So does it really matter if I go with 92H?

Any experiences with the Contis??
  • acurafan2acurafan2 Member Posts: 2
    I currently lease a 2003 Acura TL. The lease is a good option if you use the vehicle for business or need a lower monthly payment. I paid out of pocket $800.00 and my monthly payment for a 36 month lease is $403.00. At the time I leased the vehcicle, Honda was running a special deal on leases. The normal out of pocket would be $1,500.00.
    No you should not put on 92H, when the vehicle calls for 94V. Basically, the figure "92", "94" etc. refers to the load rating and you should NEVER go below the stock load rating, when changing tires.

The "H", "V" etc., refers to speed rating. The "H" is rated to go upto 130mph while the "V" rated tire is rated to go upto 149mph. Even if you stick with the "H" rated tire, it is okay as long as you do not exceed its speed limitation, which at 130mph is plenty enough.

But the load rating is a key element which should not be ignored and you should not go below the recommended load rating (and recommended tire pressures).

Later...AH
  • billyperksbillyperks Member Posts: 449
    Are you leasing the Type "S" or the base car?
  • acurafan2acurafan2 Member Posts: 2
    I am leasing the base car w/ navigation. I could not justify the price difference between the base car and the navigation. I personally like the seats in the Base car better!! The base has enough horsepower for me considering I had a 1999 Acura CL at 160HP.
  • kimanh40kimanh40 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone experiencing noises from the right side of the car when the radio is on. Also when I use my cell phone it's also making those buzzing noise. I brought it back to the dealer and they told me it was the cell phone. But If I used the phone on another car besides acura auto, I dind't have this problem. Please help!

Thanks!