Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Older Acura TLs

Comments

• kat101kat101 Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a White or Silver TL. My wife likes the white, but I'm concerned about bumper discoloration. There is a white TL at work and the bumper is noticeable discolor - I'm wondering if it was due to an accident and a poor re-paint, or if this is something that happens to white TL's.

Thanks
  • tlsharktlshark Member Posts: 21
    I have also noticed this on "white TL's". most of them seem to happen on the back bumpers, but i still noticed a few with the front too.

my next door neighbor has a white with tan Tl and his back bumper has a "yellowish" appearance.

I think that its the plastic acura uses, because his rear bumper has a dime size chip and the plastic is black. I really do think that is causing the problem with the white.
    It will happen with any color car, but u just wont notice it because all the other colors are darker :shades:
  • dmarcus48dmarcus48 Member Posts: 139
    This is a fairly common complaint with the white TL's. I'm active on a couple of acura forums and have heard about this mismatch from many posts. I've had an Alabaster Silver for about six weeks and love it. Common color, alabaster silver is new for 06, but from a distance looks the same as the satin silver previously available. Doesn't show dirt, a breeze to clean.

Dave
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    Silver has been known to become discolored too.
    Acura needs to make their front and back bumpers out of the same metal as the body to avoid discolor. using a black plastic is kinda stupid. But its cheaper for repair/replacement.
  • clipper1clipper1 Member Posts: 70
    Anyone hear when the '07 will appear???
    Metal bumpers? I don't know about that!
    a light thin metal would be better than having a discolored platic bumper dont u think?
  • djp2104djp2104 Member Posts: 11
    I'm seriously considering the TL or the Lexus 350. Sorry for not paying attention, but what's the rumor on the next TL? I may want to hold off for a while.
    It would get lots of dings and dents in a hurry, I would think. :cry:
    I guess I see your point. Well Acura is going to have to do better with the type of plastic that they use, or layer the paint alot thicker to aviod discolor
  • ajmtbmajmtbm Member Posts: 245
    i'm in the same boat. love the current TL but am afraid big changes on the way. from what i can see around, 2007 is mild refresh, 2009 full redesign, probably with AWD in 2009.
  • darballman1darballman1 Member Posts: 55
    I am current choosing between the TL, EXL Accord, and the Lexus IS250. I am leaning towards the Accord, mainly because of the need for premium gas for the other 2. I have been told and read that it does not matter whether one uses reg. or prem. I have had two mechanics tell me this and have read the same in various publications. Any ideas concerning this from some "experts" ?
  • aaarghaaargh Member Posts: 230
    As you noted, Acura calls for Premium. As has been discussed on this forum in the past, the consensus is that performance and mileage suffer when you go below 91 octane.

If you are going to buy a $33K+ car, why not spend the $156/year to get the most out of it (based on 52 15-gallon fillups/year at 20 cents more per gallon)? Now if you drive LOTS more than this, of course it will be higher than $156/year.

Try searching this and the TL-MPG Real World Numbers forum for the full discussions. Use premium as a search term.

When it comes to performance, there is a HUGE difference between the TL and Accord. IMO, it is WELL worth the extra $6,000 plus the $156/year for premium to get the superior styling, performance, and luxury.
  • goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    Don't forget you'll get better MPGs from premium fuel than you will from the regular, so the money saved from cheaper fill-ups will be eaten up by getting less MPGs.

I get 32-33 MPGs highway in my 06TL, and that includes the ocassional visits to 100mph+ for the fun of it (in the boondocks). Of course the car feels like its going 65 even at 105.
  • cecilt1cecilt1 Member Posts: 74
    Not necessariliy true. I have run my '01 BMW 330i with 87 since I bought it with 17k miles. has 76k and I hardly if ever ran premium. Straight highway I get 30-31 always. Rated at 30 on the sticker so running regular in my BMW never caused the gas mileage to drop nor did I notice performance differences. My TL might be different but I don't think running 93 is necessary. Maybe every 4 or 5 tanks put it in if you want but I would not feel pressured to put it in because of the potential for engine damage. Just won't happen on these sophisticated engines.
  • aaarghaaargh Member Posts: 230
    It's not an issue of engine damage, the engine automatically tunes (or detunes) to the fuel. But why go there?

I don't know about the BMW other than who could ever tell when the performance dropped? :P

IMO, get the TL, give it 91 or better, be happy! :shades:
  • sundance2sundance2 Member Posts: 23
    We have seen a good bit posted here about these two cars, and I have some general comments, as we currently own both an Accord EX V6 and an Acura TL and are long time Honda owners.

First, both are excellent cars but they are different

Second, unless you are a real performance buff, there is little difference in normal driving between the two. Both engines are very powerful, smooth and will get you up to turnpike speeds very quickly.

Third, we use 89 octane in the TL and it runs fine, but using regular will cause spark knock. As reported, the Accord uses regular. If it were my decision, I would have the Honda factory re-tune the TL for regular just as a conservation matter as the engine is so powerful you would not notice the difference.

Fourth, the Accord is definitely the winner in ride comfort, but the TL handles like a dream. We have Michelin tires on both cars.

Lastly, while some of the upgrades are really nice on the TL, Honda has made the EX V6 very close behind and will make you question spending the extra dollars for the TL.

I do not know what we will buy next time, but we are very well satisfied with both the Accord and TL. Gas mileage is about the same with them and we got 32 recently in the TL in a 600 mile trip.

It all boils down to personal preference so drive both cars and try to make an objective decision. We prefer the features Honda makes available only on the EX V6 so would not return to a 4 cylinder car.
  • stingray2019stingray2019 Member Posts: 13
    Could use a few suggestions on my brand new 06 TL.

Thanks
    Mark "Stingray2019" Santora
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    First, I'm an MBA/CEO not a ME, so I won't profess to be a personal expert in engine mechanics. But I have researched this issue somewhat.

As aaargh indicates, almost all engines designed to run optimally on premium gas do have adjustments that retard the timing so as not to "ping" and otherwise cause engine damage if a lower octane gas is used. However, based upon conversations with real engineers (not Joe mechanic), this is intended to compensate for an occassional use of lower octane gas. Consistently using lower octane tank after tank may very well result in undesireable consequences if a hogh performance, high compression engine is always running at an artifically adjusted timing. You don't slam on your brakes to activate ABS every time you stop, I presume? I got a more detailed technical explanation from a Porsche race team engineer when I bought my 911 last fall, but if I try to repeat it verbatum, I'm likely to muck it up.

And for what, to save 5% or less on the cost of gas on a high performance $30-$40k TL or 3-series.?? Can you say "penny wise, pound foolish"?

Another few points on your 2001 BMW 330i. A friend of mine has a 2002 330ic convertible and he consistently averages 33-34 on the highway (he has a 30 mile each way commute), so your anecdotal 31 mpg may not be as good as you can do. (My former Honda S2000 got 30-32 MPG highway with an EPA rating of only 26.) Also, it is my understanding that the M3 engine management computers track the octane levels of gas consumed. Consistent use of lower octane gas could be used to invalidate the warranty.

Personally, I could give a hoot what everyone else does. But for those that are considering trying to save a few pennies with lower octane gas, I'd ask that you at least have the the honesty and integrity to tell a future buyer what you've done when you go to sell the car down the road. And then see how much you saved.
  • cecilt1cecilt1 Member Posts: 74
    I'm not trying to save a buck either. Aprrox $150 over the course of 1 year is a drop in the bucket. My point was that MY 330i ran fine, got better than posted MPG numbers (to dispute an earlier post that mileage will suffer) and that I have had no ill effects. Your mention of someone getting 33-34 is irrelevant. Different driving, different part of the country etc. etc. can lead to different numbers. Also, I assume one should tell a potential buyer everytime we went past 3k miles before an oil change, everytime we redlined it, evertime we chirped a tire at a light, everytime we went 3 weeks without washing salt and sand off our car, everytime we shifted and accidentally ground the gears(I have a manual). I think you get my point on this one.
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    My point was that MY 330i ran fine, got better than posted MPG numbers (to dispute an earlier post that mileage will suffer) and that I have had no ill effects. Your mention of someone getting 33-34 is irrelevant.

That's more relevant that your mentioning that you get (barely) above the EPA highway estimate. The relevant measurement is what you would be getting in performance and mileage if the timing wasn't artificially retarded. the BMW I6 is a great engine in terms of performance and efficiency. I know of many people that get well over 30 mpg, even in the heavier 530i.

Ben Rothlisberger had no "ill effects" from riding a motorcycle without a helmet for years. Until a couple of weeks ago. If, as you say, $150 a year is a drop in the bucket, why the heck are you even fooling around with it on a car like the 330i? I saved three times as much as that raising our collision deductables on our three cars to $1,000. And I control whether that will cost me anything in the long run.

Also, I assume one should tell a potential buyer everytime we went past 3k miles before an oil change, everytime we redlined it, evertime we chirped a tire at a light, everytime we went 3 weeks without washing salt and sand off our car, everytime we shifted and accidentally ground the gears(I have a manual). I think you get my point on this one.

No, actually, I don't get your point. I have never bought a used car, but I've sold several of mine. When I sold my meticulously maintained Honda S2000, the buyer asked for - and was provided - detailed service records showing all maintenance, oil changes, gas/mileage log, even a record of when the car was hand waxed. Taking a sports car like the S2000 to redline (after it's properly broken in) isn't a sin. And, hopefully, he could also assess that I wasn't a boy racer that excessively abused the car. But had I pumped regular gas into a 9,000 RPM V-tech engine that requires premium for 2.5 years and didn't proactively reveal that fact, or worse lied about it, I would consider that dishonest.

Like I said, do what you want. I'm not here trying to campaign for sending more money to the oil and gas companies. But I do think the "no ill effects" and "I can't tell any difference" anecdotes are a gross oversimplification. A Camel, Budweiser and pound of bacon for breakfast aren't going to kill you tomorrow. Maybe ever. But I'm not much into taking any risks where the potential reward is a "drop in the bucket". And I have it on the word of engineers and experts that are far more technically knowledgeable than me that constantly running regular gas in a high performance, high compression, high rpm engine optimized for 91-93 octane is not something they do themselves or would ever recommend. That's good enough for me.
  • goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    I have it on the word of engineers and experts that are far more technically knowledgeable than me that constantly running regular gas in a high performance, high compression, high rpm engine optimized for 91-93 octane is not something they do themselves or would ever recommendThat's good enough for me.

Yea - me too.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,731
    Cheapest man on earth here, but I'm with Hab and Lead. It kills me to pay the extra ~$150 year for 91/93 octane, but in the grand financial scheme of things, well, I've bit the bullet. I'll find ways to recover the buck fifty. Blackjack, anybody? ;)

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• wytmanwytman Member Posts: 6
    Compression ratio is the #1 factor in determining your need for premium gas. Acura's tend to be higher compression engines - which is why they recommend it. Run 87 - and what you will notice is probably best described as a "ticking" sound - particularly at higher RPM's during moderate acceleration. You don't need to punch it - just a generic pull away from a stop light - listen near each gear change or right after it - that's when I notice it best. Even if you can't hear it, it is there. Acceleration is where it really matters the most - at cruise, your engine could run in 50 Octane just fine. What it does - primarily it can lead to damage of the valves and cylinders which will effect compression, cause you to start burning oil, and lower performance. BUT it takes an insanely long time for 99.9% of drivers to have a problem. By insanely, we are talking about hundreds of thousands of miles. If you were racing - as in on a real race track everyday, it would matter. If you commute with your car - it doesn't.

For my part - I ran 87/89 for about 3 years in my CL - and went back to 93 for a few months recently. My mileage is identical to what I had before.

Check this out:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2003-07-30-premiumgas_x.htm

Specific quote from Porsche from the above article:

"All Porsche engines are designed for premium, too, but it's not available everywhere. "Our cars must be able to drive all over the world, and so we are able to run on regular," says Jakob Neusser, director of powertrain development at Porsche's research and development center in Weissach, Germany. "You don't have to feel that a mechanical problem or anything else will happen" using regular gas, even in the higest-performance, regular-production Porsches."

The key is that your engine does contain a knock sensor. It will prevent the damage that could be caused by altering your spark timing slightly - but largely at the expense of some performance - like if that 258HP will drop to 240HP for example. Fuel economy might degrade ever so slightly - it depends mostly on your driving style.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I don't even dare run my 2002 Maxima on
    regular unleaded. Even if I put mid-grade
    unleaded, my car pings! So through the last
    four years, although I've sporadically put
    mid-grade in the Max, I always go back to the
    premium fuel.
  • boe_dboe_d Member Posts: 66
    I test drove the 2006 TL and like it much more than my 2001. I have been reading other forums and found others have some of the same hopes that I do for future models before we make the investment in a new car.

I thought the three things that would be required for me to replace my current car are -
    1. Better noise insulation (even the 2006 isn't quiet enough - not talking about handling or stiffness etc, the BMW has a fun tight ride but is much quieter on the inside)
    2. Better gas mileage - probably will have to wait for the 2009 hybrid TL (fine with me then it will have the new lithium batteries for significantly improved performance) - and yes I know there is no money to be saved currently with hybrids)
    3. Better voice activation for the NAVI - I can do a hell of a lot with voice command on my phone - should be able to just say 2100 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA and it should pull up directions.

But this is such a tiny thing but I would actually wait another year for just this feature -
    [url]http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=7827&categoryId=21[/ur- - l]

I would like the rear view camera - but it isn't a deal breaker although I would buy it as an option!

I would also like more REAR leg room. I'd give up trunk space as I have more passengers than luggage.

I would love for the NAVI to pull contacts from my PDA phone so that I wouldn't have to reenter any info and then

I could just say a contacts name and it would pull up the address.
  • taxesquiretaxesquire Member Posts: 681
    I enjoyed reading your post, and just want to make a few comments:

Better noise insulation
    I find the car to be amazingly quiet - I didn't test drive a BMW (a comparable one was waaaay out of my price range :cry: )
    Better voice activation for the NAVI - I can do a hell of a lot with voice command on my phone - should be able to just say 2100 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA and it should pull up directions.
    Firstly, the only reason my phone is better with voice commands than my TL is because I have to input the command (i.e. phone name) 1st and then it just matches it up. Surely the only way it would recognize my saying "Wilshire" (is that pronounced "Wilsher" or "Wilshyer"?) is for me to pre-record that command. wouldn't want to have to do that! I think a doable compromise would be to be able to spell the name. My city has a call-in number that allows us to say street names to get traffic reports - it's very difficult to get it right.

Secondly, what if you didn't want directions? What if you wanted the phone number? It's hard to create a system that's perfect to everyone (or anyone!). The TLs nav is head-and-shoulders above anything else. I drove a Nissan M35 recently, which I thought have better voice recog from what I'd read, but it was very UNINTUITIVE. The car didn't have nav, but other than being able to ask for the tire pressure, I couldn't figure anything else out!!!! Couldn't change radio stations, change the temperature, etc. It was much less intuitive than the TL.

But this is such a tiny thing but I would actually wait another year for just this feature -
    [url]http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=7827&categoryId=21[/ur- - - - - l]

THat is neat. I wish they'd install cooled seats, but a drink warmer/cooler is a good option, too.
    I'm not trying to contradict you but since not everyone who reads this forum is an expert on computers, I'm bringing the group up to speed. Just and FYI on voice recognition - fuzzy logic is now at the point where you shouldn't have to teach a computer to recgonize words. I have over 400 NAMEs (not common words) that my PDA recognizes without teaching. My PDA phone cost $400 vs the GPS which costs $2000 - I am able to turn my PDA phone into a GPS for $200 more but it isn't as large or mounted. However to improve voice recognition, more sophisticated voice recognitions have you read about 2 paragraphs - this indicates to the VR how YOU speak so it can recognize YOUR speech pattern - software that uses this technique only costs about $100 so I'm not talking about making the GPS more expensive - just more functional.

I can also tell my pda phone to SHOW a contact vs. Dial it - so your GPS could SHOW a contact as oppose to ROUTE to a contact. I can have my phone give me status info such as time, date, battery etc. Other functions of the GPS might include as you say SHOW TRAFFIC etc. I'm glad you reminded me that other functions should be put in the voice interface.

I have friends with $100 samsung phones that can dial hundreds of names without any voice training either.

How many people here ignore the warning and put data into their Acura GPS while driving?
  • 8motor8pheen88motor8pheen8 Member Posts: 7
    awsome post i agree with everything but on the note of leg room in the back seat i think that the new design that acura came out with is where leg room comes into conflict. I love the new bodystyle but the leg room might be able to be improved by shortening the deck panel behind the back seat and putting the subwoofer (if in the new TL it is still on the deck) in the trunk or under seat. the only other problem i have with these bodystyles is when your driving the windowis to high it makes me feel like im haviing a hard time seeing. it feels like either im sitting to low or the door panel extends to high. And even if my seet is horizontaly up all the way it still makes me nervious but eberything else is just awsome. OFF THE SUBJECT but what are they thinking calling the TSX performance in my opinion the new TSX is just a four door RSX with a LITTLE more hp.
  • 8motor8pheen88motor8pheen8 Member Posts: 7
    I think that if they really want to impress me on the upcoming TL's i would tell them to have as an option that you can get the all wheel drive as the RL does. Because in a car like that that has so much potential of being a PERFECT performance luxury vehicle so why not? and just as a small thing to change move the center console up about 4 inches to the front making it easily accessible and right underneath where my arm rests at. i would like to hear all the things yaw would like improved in the next years and details why. also what the should add. I love hearing this kind of info because when i see a car i see the things that can be improved upon and love figuring out how to make it better.... OPEN FOR DISCUSION
  • dmarcus48dmarcus48 Member Posts: 139
    You do know that the cushion on the console slides forward, right?

Dave
    What the heck is with that cupholder cover? It made me think of some cheap 70's datsun type cover. BLEAH
    In case anyone is interested, I posted a couple of polls on hybrid TLs. I'm concerned that the Acura TL hybrid won't get better gas mileage. I realize there are some people that don't care about that and just want more HP but that is why Acura is releasing the TL-S. Why not have some 0-60 in 4 second model and not care about mpg and have one with similar specs to the current TL but with 25% better fuel economy?

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1491796#post1491796
    Personally, I don't understand the logic of
    making a high performance hybrid car or SUV.
    There really wouldn't be that much
    improvement in gas mileage. For example,
    The Lexus RX400h should have had maybe
    something like 240 horsepower since the
    RX350 has 270 hp now. That way there would
    have been better mpg's than what the 400h
    is getting now.

Toyota seems to have gotten it right with
    the Camry's as far as their hybrid model and
    the V6 models. The hybrid gets 190hp, but
    still has very good pick-up. I believe it
    gets to 60 in 7.3 seconds??? Whereas, the
    V6 Camry gets 270 or 272 hp., thus even
    better acceleration numbers with less mpg's,
    although still decent mpg's. I think this
    has hurt the sales of the RX400h. You've
    got the increased premium to drive one plus
    the gas mileage is not that great.
    So, I say, if they should decide to come out
    with a hybrid TL, make sure it's got a little
    less hp's than the standard V6. You'll also
    see better gas mileage.

Just my two cents.
    Max, look at the Accord hybrid. The specs aren't that much different than the current TL but MPG is 20% better. This is using the first gen batteries and no plug in option. The Prius has nearly doubled the MPG using new Lithium cell technology and a plug in feature. You could still have the same get up and go of the current model and probably exceed 40mpg using the new batteries and plug in feature. I don't expect them to make a major overhaul by the 2007 model but it is doable for 2008 and should definitely be available in the 2009 model.
  • ajmtbmajmtbm Member Posts: 245
    OK - now i've seen it all. The new Nissan versa econobox comes with an available keyless start system (no doubt like the G's system). What is Honday waiting for.

Now having seen it on a car this inexpensive, I wonder if were not too far from keyless start being as common as power door locks.

as for me, I love the TL, but the fact that it lacks this feature is holding me back...
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    Is this really a concern? Is it that hard to insert a key and turn?

I looked at many cars with this feature - but still don't see the big advantage - I am missing something? Or Maybe I'm just getting old.

A few years ago I was coming out of Walmart - a young girl - maybe 19 - was parked right by my car. She ask - can you help me? I think my remote is broken or has a dead battery - I can't unlock my car - I say - sure - I took her key - walked over to her car door - put it in the lock and opened the door! She said something like - I didn't know you could do that! 19 years old and has never unlocked a car with a key.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,731
    I agree on tht point. Keyless start, fine if the car comes standard with. But a deal breaker? You never know. I remember one poster ranting and raving against Acura because the TL did not have turn indicators in the side mirrors like the TSX! But, one man's garbage is another man's treasure...

Two more coats of Zaino Z2 on the Abyss Blue today. I just can't seem to stop! I need help. :shades:

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• crazykrucrazykru Member Posts: 1
    I am being quoted $32,478 for a TL without navi. For what I read that is what people are paying for a TL with navi. Is this guy trying to pull something on me? :cry: He refuses to go down on this price...Will someone tell me what a good OTD (out the door) price for the TL without navi would be? I am in the chicago area....

Thanks
    Actually I prefer the conventional key ignition. It's more foolproof. With keyless start, one could potentially accidentally walk away without turning off the engine. If it is like the system in the RL, where you have to actually turn a "key" attached to the ignition, then a big NO THANK YOU! With a conventional key, you have to have turned the engine off before you can remove the key and lock the car. It is also easier for a high-tech thief to steal your car with a keyless ignition system. That's because keyless systems utilize 2-way communication between the car and the fob. And apparently a thief can sit close to you and read the code from your fob.
    But I thought I read somewhere that the
    Accord Hybrid sales are very low for some
    reason. I still think that maybe the Accord
    Hybrid would sell better if the hp was slated
    a little less than the Accord gasoline V6.
    I can't recall what the hp or the mpg's are
    on the Accord Hybrid right now. But I think
    it would be a better seller if it had less
    hp's and even better mpg's.
    max,

I wouldn't be surprised if they are low - it is not well advertised compared to the prius or standard accord. Also not many dealers seem to have them - I went to several dealers and many didn't have any. I wouldn't buy a car I couldn't test drive.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Here's a good resource for you: Acura TL: Prices Paid & Buying Experience. The first thing I'd do is use the Search This Discussion feature (on the right just above the first post and just below the last) for Chicago. But what others are paying elsewhere will also be generally helpful.

Good luck - let us know how it goes.
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    TL's with NAVI are going for $32.5 + or -. I just got that price in Chicagoland. You ought to be able to get the TL w/o NAVI for $2,000 less, especially now as we come to the end of the model year. Try McGrath Westmont. Try toward the end of the month when salesmen are hungry to meet quotas. If you have a trade, they will give you nothing. Be prepared. 2.9% financing lasts until end of July. Let me know what you do.
  • boikoboiko Member Posts: 82
    I see over on www.vtec.net - there is mention of a 300 HP increase, for the 2007 TL model year. This is not coming from Honda, but appears to make sense with the IS350/and new G coming..

Let the FWD/AWD/RWD....discussion begin. 8-)
  • billyperks1billyperks1 Member Posts: 151
    You are darn right, let it begin:

300hp in a FWD car is ridiculous and outright dangerous, I will keep on saying it untill the manufacturers get it right.

A friend of mine has a E55 AMG Mercedes, I had a chance to drive it on a 50 mile road trip which was quiet twisty.

I threw the car in those curves pretty fast and it just hugged those curves with no tailing out.The gas mileage was horrendous, but my point is, 300 HP FWD- NO NO NO.
  • darballman1darballman1 Member Posts: 55
    Here in CA I got a quote for a TL w/o Nav. for $ 29800 including dest. but not TTL.
  • taxesquiretaxesquire Member Posts: 681
    I like the cupholder cover. I sue it to cover up whatever I've left in there.
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    Since the dealer cost (invoice $30,999 minus holdback $999) is $30K I would think thats a pretty good deal. I know (from talking with two different dealerships) that Acura had some cars that got hail damage. They offered the cars to dealerships at a reduced price - even though the damage has been fixed. I looked at one - could not find any sign of damage - it was Silver I wanted the Gray. It was being sold for $500 less than a "new" one.

Not saying this is the case with your dealer - but it could explain why the price is LESS THAN THEIR COST.