Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord vs Toyota Camry

Comments

• petlpetl Member Posts: 610
    I also think the Camry is a little more manly (in looks).
  • jay_gatsbyjay_gatsby Member Posts: 45
    You're right. My bad. As for Daisy, you must understand old chap, a woman like her is a rare commodity. If she only hadn't married that boor of a husband Tom. Sneaking around with the wife of a mechanic while he denies her a life of happiness with me...

Perhaps if Daisy was driving a Honda Accord V-6 automatic with a navigation system, Myrtle would still be alive? :P
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    Perhaps she would be. So is the light at the end of the dock red or green on the issue of your vehicle purchase (Accord vs. Camry)?

~alpha
  • jay_gatsbyjay_gatsby Member Posts: 45
    Good question. Ask my neighbor Nick. He likes to write about those sorts of things... :D
  • peterpanpeterpan Member Posts: 120
    I owned a 89 IL4 Camry with 270K miles on it. I did most maintenance on it myself, brakes, oil, plugs etc... which was whenever I had time, and not to any recommended schedule. That is to say, periodic maintenance did not happen as recommended.

I also abused it a great deal. I was always hard on cars. When it was new, I ran fast over a pot hole and bent an axle. The front end was making banging noise upon deceleration or braking. It took a fine mechanics to figure that one out. The rip off joints all recommended major repairs like valve job, head job ect... The car ran smooth again after I replaced the bent axle.

At 270K miles, I used to cruise at 95 MPH on long trips. The car was smooth, stable, controllable and the steering always tracked straight. I felt comfortable cruising at high speed in that car. The car was stolen at 270K miles, otherwise I may have gotten 500K miles out of it. A cab driver in Mexico was driving the same car. His odometer had turned over so many times he no longer kept track.

The Accord has quicker steering response and stiffer suspension. It's sportier but shakier and noisier than the Camry. I drove a few Accords with around 100K miles and found the steering to shimmy a lot more than I want to put up with. That means the steering moves around in uncontrolled directions when you run over road bumps, or pass near large trucks at higher speeds. That requires drivers to constantly control and adjust the steering, which can be lot of work.

The steering shimminess problems are also found in lots of US cars. These cars are known to have steering components manufactured with looser tolerances, probably also with lower-grade materials, compared to imported high-performance cars.

In the night of May 26, 2006, I was cruising North bound on Freeway 405, South of Los Angeles when an accident happened right in front of me. A passenger car, passing a large truck, banged into the truck's side. The car swerved out of control, headed toward the left shoulder, spun around, ran in reverse direction, climbed onto the guard rails, and stopped when the right front wheel was hanging in mid air. The driver was thrown about 50 feet from the car, lying flat on the shoulder. He was a big guy in a white shirt. About 10 people got out of their cars and tried to help the guy.

The Mercedez-Benz forums have quite a few complaints about their rack and pinion steering assemblies kept getting knocked out of whack, and had to be replaced again and again. I drove a new E320 on a long trip and found the steering response smooth and stable.

No. I don't work for Toyota or own any stock. Anybody had any experience with Toyota's steering designs please share with the forum.

Before buying your next car, it may be wise to rent one with high mileage on it. Put it through some emergency maneuvers before making that buy decision.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Sounds like the Accords that you drove just needed a good balance-job. My 1996 has been wrecked and even tracks straight with no vibration, 161,500 miles and counting.
  • peterpanpeterpan Member Posts: 120
    Steering shimminess is a different problem than out-of-balance tires.

Shimminess is when the car would wonder around even when the steering wheel is held steady.

Out-of-balance tires woutd vibrate the car at specific speeds.

They are not the same problem.
  • midnightcowboymidnightcowboy Member Posts: 1,978
    Get portable Garmin Quest for $370 total cost. Voice commands.
    Actaully the 4 cyl is only about 10% better in gas mileage. The v6 models genrally have more features and the Honda V6 EX is loaded. Look at the feature list of each model carefully.
    TheGarduate said "although the V-6 Camry runs away from the V-6 Accord."

Please explain both have very good acceleration. What is you defintion of "runs away" ?

MidCow

P.S. my 6-speed Accord Coupe was rate 0-60 at 5.9 seconds before put on Borla exhaust and an K&N air intake. It has about the same performance as my 98 M3 did and pretty close to my S2000, but both the M3 and S2000 handle much,much better. I can't image a V6 Camry running away from me, maybe a Corvette or Viper ;)

LOL,

MidCow
  • evilusevilus Member Posts: 5
    Accord EX V-6 vs. Chevy Impala 3.8L ???
    Hands down...Accord. A good friend of mine has an Impala and we often find ourselves at the line seeing whose car is faster...The Accord. Even when we switch off and I drive his Impala...Accord wins. I gotta tell ya too, you can really tell you're driving an American made midsize. The Accord truly drives like a German Import. Oh yeah...nice plastic looking interior in the Impala too.
    The Accord is definitely fast, i just meant that the Camry's power output is quite simply a good bit more than the Accord, with a lot more low-end torque. The 6-speed MT would be faster than a Camry Auto though, I believe. Sorry for the confusion.
  • seniorjoseseniorjose Member Posts: 277
    Honda Accord: Actually the 4 cyl is only about 10% better in gas mileage.

The EPA ratings - I4 has a mileage rating of 34 MPG while the V6 has a mileage rating of 29 MPG -- or about a difference of 17%.

I routinely run 35-36 MPG on my I4 on a highway trip at 65 - 75 MPH, All the passing power you would want, to me the power band is super for an I4, probably due to the 5 speed automatic transmission...depends what you want. An I4 EX-L (leather) has just about the same toys and luxury of the V6 EX...and of course the EX-L is cheaper.
    Seniorjose:
    Thanks for the input. I have a 2005 6-speed EX Coupe with NAV, Borla exhaust, Mobile 1 synthetic oil, and K&N Air filter. It has an EPA highway rating of 30 mg and I can typically get 30-32 mpg at 65-75 mph.

if you get 35-36 then that is 4 mpg more at highway or (3-6(/(30-32) or a range of 9.4%-20%

Most forums and Consumer Reports show a real difference of only about 10% overall.

Cheers,

MidCow

P.S.- With my Hobie KayaK rack in the car my highway mileage is reduce about 1.5 mpg :cry:
  • growwisegrowwise Member Posts: 296
    How did I miss this? Anyways, I checked out 06 Honda Accord SE and 07 Toyota Camry LE the other day. Here are some of my random notes:
    1. Accord needs to cut down the length of the car especially up front. Maneouvering in parking lots seem to be easy in camry. Sitting way behind the front bumper is getting old.
    2. Accord's seats felt more comfortable. Camry's are woeful with no padding in key areas. Accord's interior seems to be aging well. Black interior with metallic storage cover seems a lot better than the gray camry interior. However, camry's bisque (beige) was cool especially with the pastel green exterior.
    3. Accord's doors closed with a nice soft thunk. It was a pleasure compared to that of camry which is still better than most jurassic cars out there.
    4. Accord seems to be a tad bit narrow than camry which doesnt bode well for 3 adults in the back. Camry holds the edge here.
    5. Accord seems to be less forgiving on bumps than camry which is a negative in my book. Camry was much smoother but then again SE maybe a different story.
    6. Accord seems to have slightly less sound deadening materials around. A bit more noise filters in. Camry held the edge on this for quite a while now. Interested to see if Accord can improve on NVH levels in its next iteration.
    7. Accord's alloy wheels are a bit more appealing but the front end needs redesign fast. Derriere is good enough improvement over the previous one. Camry's front end seems to grow on me well and fits well with overall shape which pulls a 0.28 drag coefficient which helps with fuel economy.
    8. Overall accord felt a bit outdated and camry seems to be a bit ahead of the game (ex: knee airbag etc). But this has been true since 90s.

Somehow Honda in general feels like it still has ways before it can play catch up with big brother Toyota. However, Toyota seems to be caught up with a lot more projects and hence not giving adequate time and attention to a particular model. I read somewhere that it costs Toyota a lot less money to make camry now than before. Hopefully it doesnt lose focus. And whats with Euro accord and camries(or its equivalent avensis/aurion). Why dont they bring em over here (not like upscale acuras/lexuses)? TSX name and A emblem is a joke. It should have a nice H logo and sport a less pricey tag. I'd take that over NA accord if priced right and can run on 87 octane.
  • blindmantooblindmantoo Member Posts: 139
    My two cents after driving all of the Accords several times and ending up w/ loaded SE... No comparison!

The Accord felt like I was driving my old '90 Accord - w/ more power. Not that this was all bad. It spoke well for my '90 w/ 285k miles on it (w/ original clutch!). I drove the 6sp manual V6, 5sp 4 cylinder, and Auto 4 & 6 (all loaded). The stereo was terrible (even the upgraded version in the 6sp manual V6 Accord), ride unrefined, etc.

I've had the V6SE for a week. Black, charcoal leather, NAV, XM, moonroof, stabilily control. Every day it feels more like a well fitting glove. Much more refined ride, better tranny (subjective - but I really like it), incredible acceleration, great stereo, better fit & finish - just feels more like a luxury "sporty" (not sports) car. NAV may be better on the Accord (if its like the one on my '05 Odyssey EX-L w/ NAV & RES).

Don't get me wrong - I like Hondas. I just think the '06 Accord is not in the same class as the '07 V6SE Camry. I personally did not like the "Buick" like handling of the LE/XLE, so these comments only apply to the V6SE.
    In my opinion, the 06 Accord is not in the same class anymore. I truly feel that Honda, Toyota and Nissan are narrowing the gap between their luxury groups but Honda now has a definite advantage over the aforementioned companies. Honda still only requires regular unleaded gas while the others now require premium! That's why I say Honda isn't in the same class anymore. I really like what they did with the Camry but I can't see myself buying one for the meer fact that I don't like to pay 20-30 cents more per gallon of gas!
    The comments you make aren't too surprising, especially given that the Camry is brand new. I remember (and still have a copy of, actually) a Motor Trend comparison in which the 2002 Camry SE V6 beat out the 2002 Accord EX-V6. The very next year, the Camry was in last place behind the brand new Accord EX-V6 (2003). I'm not saying this will happen, I'm just pointing out that Honda is coming up on its last 12 months with this model, and soon, the race will be tight again.

To me, the most competitive Camry vs Accord went like this...

1994-1997 Accord vs 1992-1996 Camry

1998-2002 Accord vs 1997-2001 Camry

2003-2007 Accord vs 2002-2006 Camry

The next generation shouldn't be much different, I'll bet.

These models are fairly competitive with each other by looking at numbers. Main difference? Sport (Honda) vs. comfort (Camry).
    The V6 Camry uses regular, not premium. One of many reasons for trading in our 2000 Maxima 5sp was that it required premium. I feel that the Nissans are the best looking and most feature laden - but by far the most unreliable. Just look at the Maxima forum. The Camry has the best mileage w/ the most power.
    "These models are fairly competitive with each other by looking at numbers. Main difference? Sport (Honda) vs. comfort (Camry)."

At this point the Camry V6SE is more sporty (and handles better) than the '06 Accord (IMHO). The Maxima is the sportiest - but I refused to even test drive it based on the reliability of mine and the even worse current Nissan reliability (across the board on their models). I dumped my Quest (which I liked except for the reliability) for an Odyssey last year. My old Pathfinder and first Quest were very reliable.
  • ecmfwecmfw Member Posts: 10
    I need to replace a tired '98 Accord V6 LX Coupe.

I test drove both the '06 Accord V6 LX Coupe and the '07 Camry V6 XLE I disliked both of them.

On the Accord, I hated the steeply raked windshield and the dashboard. The radio was much too large and complicated, and the air conditioning controls were too small and awkwardly placed to operate them by touch-and-feel while driving.

On the Camry, I hated the styling of the front end, to me it was just butt ugly (the SE might be more acceptable however.) Also, the steering felt too numb.
  • ctalkctalk Member Posts: 646
    There are MANY other choices out there.

To name a few:
    Hyundai Sonata
    Nissan Altima
    Ford Fusion
    VW Passat
    VW Jetta
    Mazda6

Visit the Midsize Sedans Comparison Thread, it's a great place to compare other sedans you may consider (although, there seems to be some tension in the forum lately)
  • djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    evilus:
    I find your performance test very interesting. The Chevrolet Impala is a bigger vehicle than the Accord. Suggestion; ---- why don't you try the same performance test, with your Accord and a Chevrolet Impala with the 5.3 V8? Then share the results with all of us on this board. I just took a test ride in the 5.3, and it is one very fast machine! The Accord would be eating it's dust! ---- Best regards. ---- Dwayne ;)
    No thanks. I can't compare a V6 to a V8. It just wouldn't be fair. It would have to be a V8 to a V8 comparison and I don't think you'd let me compare your Impala 5.3 liter V8 with a Honda 183.1 cubic inch, 3.0 liter, V8. Just wouldn't be fair!
    I test drove both the '06 Accord V6 LX Coupe and the '07 Camry V6 XLE I disliked both of them.

If you drove a Camry Sedan, why not an Accord sedan also?
  • master1master1 Member Posts: 340
    It seems like you don't want the Camry or Accord because of styling. The Accord is the best sedan right now, in my opinion because it is safe and reliable. The Camry is having transmission problems now so I wont recommend it. You might want to re-consider, but I'm not pushing you to.
    ;)
    Normally, I prefer a Coupe to a Sedan, but Toyota does not offer the new 3.5 V6 in the Solara yet. The Camry Sedan and Accord Coupe are roughly equal in curb weight.

The '06 V6 Accord Sedan is so clearly inferior to the '07 V6 Camry that I do not see any reason to look at it. Check the Edmunds comparison test for details. I don't know - or care - how the 4 cylinder versions of the cars compare. The Accord is behind by a generation, and there is really no point to compare the cars until Honda comes out with a new generation Accord.
    The '06 V6 Accord Sedan is so clearly inferior to the '07 V6 Camry that I do not see any reason to look at it.

How is it "clearly inferior" to you, if I may ask? Because it is lacking things like keyless start? (I'm HONESTLY not trying to be THAT GUY that hounds you about a statement, I'm just curious as to why you think this, since I haven't driven the new Camry). The edmunds comparison test that I read had the cars less than one point apart, I believe. Not bad, considering a loaded EX-V6 Accord can be had for less than $24,000 now, versus $28k+ for the Camry. If money isn't a factor here, though, that may not be an issue (although I'd think if money weren't an issue you'd look into the feature-laden ES-350..$34k-$41k, especially since the styling of the ES is much better (no frumpy bumpy nose).

Obviously, horsepower is important to you, or you wouldn't worry about the difference in the 244 HP Accord and the 225? horsepower in the Solara. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just trying to figure out what you're looking for, and for what reason the Accord doesn't fit that mold.

Best wishes in the car hunt...

thegrad
  • djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    Let's revisit this issue!

The Honda Accord has a 3.0 V6 SOHC, 24 Valve, 244hp engine with a 5 speed automatic transmission.

The Chevrolet Impala,(a larger vehicle), has the following options with regards to engines:

1.) 5.3 V8, 16 valves, 303 hp, 4 speed automatic transmission.
    2.) 3.9 V6 12 valves, VVT, 233hp, 4 speed automatic transmission
    3.) 3.5 V6 12 valves, 211 hp, 4 speed automatic transmission

Based on the vehicle size, and the number of speeds in the transmission, I think a performance test between the 5.3 Impala, and the V6 Accord would be fair! The v6 engines in the Impala,(a larger vehicle than the Accord), do not produce the same HP as the Honda V6. The Accord, being a smaller vehicle, with a higher V6 HP, has the advantage.----Best regards. ----Dwayne ;)
  • carlglover1carlglover1 Member Posts: 5
    I recently test-drove both the 2006 Accord EX V-6 sedan and the 2007 Camry XLE V-6 sedan and came away favoring the latter. Both have plenty of low-end torque and get up to speed quickly, unlike their 4 cyl versions, but the Camry is much smoother and quieter in highway driving. The Accord transmits considerably more road and wind noise to the cabin, an important factor in long-term satisfaction. The Accord has slightly superior handling but not enough to make a significant difference in everyday driving. Quality of materials and workmanship appears comparable. I much prefer the Camry's styling, but that is a subjective issue. The Camry's stereo sounds better to me, too.

So, am I going to buy the Camry? Yes, as soon as I can find the LE V6 version, which is scarce around here. All the bells and whistles on the XLE are not worth the (substantial) extra cost.
    When you say larger, do you mean curb weight? Honda is only 275 pounds lighter than the Impala. That's not a very big difference.
    275 lbs is roughly 8%. This _is_ a significant difference.

The old thumbrule from drag racing is that 400 lbs is worth 100 hp. However, that rule really does not work for cars in this weight and power range.

The big problem for the V8 Impalas is cost. When optioned similar to an EX Accord, they end up over $30K. If you are going to spend that much money, you don't need to buy a Chevy or Honda.
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    :) Before you do, i like honda and all so i actually recomend 3models to check out:

The 280hp v6 Vw Passat. It has much more hp than accord and camry and weighs about the same and has available AWD. Only problem is $$.

The 256 v6 from the 2007 Saturn Aura/ Pontiac g6. They're cheap, not so plasticky, and have humongus sunroofs

The 253 hp Accord Hybrid. Has more power than the v6 and the mpg of the 4cyl on the highway (much better on city) only problem once again is price.

Not telling you to get 1 but trying make sure you don't overlook the other sedans you may like.

Avoid the midsize comparison forum because it is VERY (IN)TENSE in there!! :mad: It seems people have very stong opinons about that sonata.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    There is no reason to avoid that discussion. We welcome those who'd like to discuss any vehicle in this class - you mention several, but there are others up for discussion as well.

Carlglover1 here's a link: Midsize Sedans Comparison Thread. Hope to see you there!
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    The freshened Honda Accord retained its position as Consumer Reports top-rated family sedan following a showdown between the Accord and the redesigned Toyota Camry for the August issue. The difference in scores is razor thin, and both vehicles are rated "Excellent" overall.

Honda and Toyota have consistently set the standard for well- rounded, reliable family sedans with the Accord and the Camry. Along with the Volkswagen Passat, they regularly trade places as CR's top-rated family sedan.

The Accord was named Consumer Reports' Top Pick in the family sedan category for 2006 in the magazine's Annual April Auto Issue.

"The top-rated Accord is a refined and comfortable family sedan that offers a slightly sportier edge than its competitors," said David Champion, senior director of Consumer Reports' Auto Test Center in East Haddam, Connecticut.

For the August issue, Consumer Reports pulled together a group of four family sedans and three large/luxury sedans for testing. CR purchased a V6 Honda Accord EX and three versions of the new Camry-a six-cylinder XLE, a Hybrid, and a four-cylinder LE. CR also purchased for testing a Hyundai Azera, Cadillac DTS, and Buick Lucerne.

The Accord, Camry XLE, and Camry Hybrid all achieved "Excellent" overall scores in Consumer Reports' tests. The Camry LE received a "Very Good" overall score.

Among the large sedans, the Hyundai Azera rated "Excellent" overall, coming in second place behind the previously-tested Toyota Avalon. The showing is one of the most impressive for a Hyundai in Consumer Reports testing during recent years. The Buick Lucerne, a replacement for both the LeSabre and Park Avenue, scored "Good" while the Cadillac DTS, an update of the DeVille, garnered a "Very Good" overall score.

Full tests and ratings of the family and large sedans appear in the August issue of Consumer Reports, which goes on sale July 4. The complete report is also available to subscribers of http://www.ConsumerReports.org.

Consumer Reports recommends four of the cars in this test group, the Accord EX, and all three trim lines of the Camry-the XLE, Hybrid, and LE. The Azera and Lucerne are new vehicles and so reliability is unknown. Reliability of the DeVille was below average; it remains to be seen what it will be for the DTS. Consumer Reports only recommends vehicles that have performed well in its tests, have at least average predicted reliability based on CR's Annual Car Reliability Survey of its own subscribers, and performed at least adequately if crash-tested or included in a government rollover test.

The Accord combines sportiness and all-around capability, which helps it maintain its top rating among family sedans. The ride is pleasingly firm and handling is nimble with its standard electronic stability control. Road noise is CR's biggest complaint about this vehicle. The Accord EX ($27,850 Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price as tested) is powered by a 244-hp, 3.0-liter V6 that is smooth, quick, and relatively frugal, delivering 23 mpg overall in CR's own fuel economy tests. The five-speed automatic is smooth and responsive. The Accord's brakes perform very well.

The Camry is capable, quiet, and well rounded in all three test versions but is not as exciting to drive as the Accord. Handling is sound, but not sporty; the ride is comfortable. All powertrains are refined and economical; the V6-powered XLE, the top-rated of the three, is very quick, while the Camry Hybrid combines good performance with impressive fuel economy-34 mpg overall. MSRPs for the Camrys varied from $21,080 for the LE to $29,839 for the XLE, and $30,677 for the Hybrid. The brakes on the XLE and LE trim lines perform very well. Braking distances were somewhat longer on the hybrid version.
  • master1master1 Member Posts: 340
    Are you asking a question or just comparing?
  • reverbreverb Member Posts: 3
    I test drove the two cars on the same day, first an 07 Camry LE V6 and immediately after an 06 Accord EX.

The Camry with its 268 horses (6 speed automatic) is quiet, getting up to 75-80mph rather quickly and without effort. The clutchless shifting responds just as well as my 00 Passat 1.8T Triptronic, with the exception of an extra gear [oddly 5th gear responded about the same as 6th gear, and in retrospect, I wonder if the 6th gear is actually needed?]. The ride is smooth, almost too smooth, with a luxury-type quality (which the "parent-in-you" or "grandparent-in-you" would enjoy) - no offense.

The Accord didn't struggle in terms of acceleration or cruising speed of 75mph. Though it would be nice if Honda could keep up with the Jones' and increase HP and Torque by about 25 and 40 respectively. The ride is different. It's comfortable, and yet it feels like a sports car (which "kid-in-you" would enjoy).

The acceleration and speed are about the same, but I would give advantage to the new Camry.

However, comparing the ride/handling is like comparing apples and oranges. I'm still trying to locate a Toyota dealer with 07 Camry SE V6 to see how its sport tuned suspension compares with the Accord. Also, I haven't tested the 6MT-Accord.

If price is a factor, then a EX V6 Navi is hands-down more cost effective, not to mention the $750 cash to dealer incentive which drops the car markedly below invoice (I'm in southern California).

(1 cent) + (1 cent)
    Nice short-take on these two cars. How much was the LE-V6 listed for, may I ask? I really don't know how much those go for anymore; while I know the EX-V6 goes for around $24k without NAV.
    Your price information for the Accord EX V6 is way off.
    Invoice is $24.5K, and MSRP is over $27K. The Hondas I looked at had between $0.5K and $2.5K in additional dealer-installed junk on them. The Camrys did not.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/toyota/camry/100699458/prices.html

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/honda/accord/100640408/options.html?action=1&x=1- 01&y=23
    I drove the Accord V6 EX Auto & 6sp Manual (several times), then immediately after one of the test drives, drove a '07 Camry V6 XLE & SE. My wife, who usually can't tell the difference between cars, said the Accord wasn't even close to the refinement of the Camry SE. (We do like Hondas - just got rid of an old Accord and own an '05 Odyssey). We were only looking at vehicles w/ NAV (and have it on the Oddy).

In a nutshell, we ordered a loaded V6SE w/ NAV and have no regrets. If you shop carefully you can get pretty close on price. The Honda quote was right at invoice, and the Camry (leather pkg, moonroof pkg, XM, NAV, Stability/Traction, mats) was $27,840. The stereo sound quality in the Camry is much better (even than the upgraded one in the 6sp manual Accord). As a bonus, you end up w/ a '07 vs '06 (a few bucks at trade-in time).
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Actually, he may be right on. According to the Accord Prices Paid forum, new Accords are selling at or below invoice right now. Some dealers add things, some do not.
    Thank you...that's EXACTLY where I was coming from. As for "dealer-installed junk", none of the Accords I test-drove had any on them. It's particular to which dealers you shop at.
  • louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    FYI-The Accord EX-L 6 cylinder-MSRP 27,850- can be bought for hundreds less than 24,000 by an astute buyer. I saw one advertised in Chicago for 23,200--great value.
  • tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    Thegraduate is right on pricing as are you regarding the Accord - just check out the pricing thread - versus the Camry, which has no incentives. If I remember correctly, I could have purchased a 2007 Camry LE v-6 with floor mats for $21,XXX and some change (no leather, sunroof). So, comparing the EX-V6 Accord to the LE V-6 may not be fair (differing trims). As far as dealer junk/add-ons, that varies from dealer to dealer -so you may have to bargain. With my recent purchase, the add-ons, such as the wheel locks, mud guards, door guards, were included with the price.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    "Operative" word is one! And I bet that "one" disappeared real fast when someone went to the dealer to see. Here in San Antonio, prices are around $25,600. Mmmm, maybe there are no "astute" buyers here in TX...... :confuse:
  • princess1princess1 Member Posts: 5
    If you have a Costco card (if not get one before you buy) try going through their auto buying program. I did for my Accord and saved quite a bit.
  • legarlegar Member Posts: 71
    Just got my new Accord and its great. The new Camry is nice especially the SE version. Unfortunetly Camrys are comfortable but boring cars. Where I live they dont even offer a 6-speed manual for any of the Camrys, only autos. The Accord is clearly the drivers choice, and the Camry is for commuting.
  • jacob68jacob68 Member Posts: 3
    I just wanted to know how much you paid for the car & what is a auto buying program
  • lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    No Camry V6 is available anywhere in the US with a manual tranny.