Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord vs Toyota Camry

Comments

• venus537venus537 Member Posts: 1,443
    You're entitled to your opinions, but please back them up with sound facts. The Accord has not been remodeled recently. It has received some minor (mostly cosmetic) changes recently but is basically still the same car when it was remodeled in 98. Do you have any objective facts that Camrys age better than Accords? Accords have the same or better resale value than Camrys. That would indicate to me that Accords don't become rattle traps with increasingly louder engines. I have relatives who owned high mileage Accords and the engines run as good as new. Sorry, that was subjective of me. Only you are allowed to write subjective comments. Now tell me again, why is the Accord gimmicky and why does the Camry stay pristine? Be objective, not subjective. Like do you have any surveys from Consumer Reports or JD Powers & Associates to back you up? From what I know, both cars do very well.
  • thai357thai357 Member Posts: 27
    Thats fine, thanks for conversing with me. I thoroughly enjoyed the comments as I'm sure you did. I only meant to convey my experience. Enjoy your Accords and lets part as friends.

Venus, sweetheart please read my posts carefully, then ask me the same questions again. They probably won't seem relevent (your questions, that is).

Bye-Bye,

;^ )
  • badtoybadtoy Member Posts: 343
    but pix of the new Camry are out -- illustrations actually, based on a press preview.

Re "I would wait at least a year before I would buy the new Camry. Let Toyota work the little bugs out of the new model before you make the purchase" -- spoken like a traditional American car buyer. I wouldn't sweat it. Toyota will have all the bugs worked out before the rubber ever hits the road. It's the Toyota way.
    I'm not you're sweetheart and your posts are too darn long and filled with too much misinformation to read again.
  • soberssobers Member Posts: 496
    but could have been more objective. I did this thing (Camry vs Accord) when I purchased new 2000 SE Accord due to
    1) Better Handling
    2) Better Performance (power)
    3) Better Visibility (kind of open feeling seeing outsdie)
    4) Better Interior, especially the dash looked much nicer than Camry (to me that is)
    5) More rear seat legroom etc...I carry 4 people frequently
    I had to pay 300 buck extra for the cd player (cassete std on 2000 SE) & the overall deal was costlier than similar Camry LE (with advantgae of better Audio, Power Driver seat) due to rebate that time.

6) I also gave a look to resale values (Edmund/kbb/Nada) for 3 year old cars. I am going to keep the car for around 3(or less!) years so resale was imp for me (major reason why I didnot get the Max)

I agree that Camry was smoother (suspension) & smooth shifting & quiter, I found it lacking in handling & perfromanc edepartment. The disconnected steering left me un-impressed or rather turned me away. Slightest of irregularity make Camry bounce (both rear & front suspension) & dive. This is what you need to trade for the smooth ride.
    Accord's taut ride on highway also gives me a feeling of control (subjective mind you)

Objective: I found Accord handling higher speeds at cross-winds much easier than Camry.

Now you should not mis-read this post as Accord is a great handler or highly sporty vehicle....It is just comparing similar cars which come close to its reliability/build quality/resale (i.e. Camry)
  • ripinrocketripinrocket Member Posts: 157
    too many 5-year olds in here for me!

Sobers: Alot of what the ways in which you say the Accord is better is completely your opinion.

There is no survey which says the Accord has better visibility, a better interior, a better suspension setup, and so on.

You do have some points, with rental sales, price, features.

Safety: Camry is better. It's rated better by IIHS and I believe the camry has more stars by NHTSA.

thai,

slim down what you write. too much misinformation.

I said the Accord's transmission shifts rough. Not rougher than a Hyundai. I meant rougher than the Camry's.
    sobers,

I still haven't gotten a answer back from you on squeaks, rattles, creaks.

I wrote a few days ago that the current gen. Accords are known to squeak, rattle, & creak. It's well documented on many Honda boards. Superhonda.org, as well is in Edmunds M&R, and in Honda TSBs.

This is one reason why the Accord is cheaper.
    There is so much of 'mis-information' floating on internet (about every make/model not just Accord) that it is difficult to find genuine problems or the real ones. I know atleast 7 friends (I refered to the dealership: Accord owners!) & atleast 10 more in our group that have 98+ Accord bought new. Few more have used 98+ Accords & there are almost countless 90-91-92 accord with more than 120K miles on them.

Hardly any of these mentioned cars have any sqeacks/rattles etc that we find on internet. I do NOT want to discredit or neglect if somebody DID have these 'problems' with the 98+ Accords but I don't hear it from any of my friends. (I am more sort of community person & in touch with almost everyone coming from my country here in this city)

There could be some isolated problems of creack in sunroof etc & TSBs but I don't believe thats as widespread problem. Even Camry had some problem with steering bolt(not sure) & struts etc

These are complex machinarys which are bound to have some infrequent minor problems. This does not indicate that a any given Accord sqeacks/rattles/creacks all the time...people will go nuts & would not recommend the car to any of their friends/relatives. Most of the cars in our friend circle are bought due to recommendtation & experience with the used Accords.

About Visibility, Better Suspension, Nicer Interior: WHY DO YOU NEED SURVEYS ??

Visibility: Ripinrocket you must be kidding yourselves if you say Accord doesn't offer best in class visibility. Objectively: Measurer the Glass-Area for Accord & Camry, you will notice that the Accord has LARGER/Expansive Windshield, EVERY window on Accord is larger than Camry. The rear glass is also slightly larger on Accord !!

Suspension: Double wishbone is the most optimal setup when you want to maintain perfect trade contact with the road. It is an egineering thing & I do not need any survey for this. Lexus uses Double wishbones on GS series & also on the new LS430/IS300 !! It is costlier setup & is technologically ahead of the more MUNDANE MCPherson Strut!! Perhaps this the reason that Accord is less suspeptible to balancing problems than other front drivers. It helps in uniform wear in the tyres.

Interior: Even HARD-Core Camry fans accept that Accord has better interior layout & arrangement than CURRENT camry (could be diff with the new 2002 model) The moment you are in Accord you feels this.

Why you need surveys for these things ?
    Also Accord gives smart airbags with the 2001 model with 7 sensors which is not available in Camry even as an option !

2001 Accord 7 Camry have been rated the same for crash testing.

It was rediculous & manipulative of THAi357 to say something like 'rear structs are deadly in rear-crash with Accords' he made something up himself...Don't know how people can do such anti-propaganda on the boards which can affect first timers here....??

I did acknoledge that Accord tranny shifts frequently & faster than Toyota Camry. Now that is trade-off you have there. Faster vs smoother.

I don't notice tranny shifts on my 2000 Accord unless stepping on it for fastest 0-60 time....
    sobers,

"About Visibility, Better Suspension, Nicer Interior: WHY DO YOU NEED SURVEYS ??" Duh. The point is, you can't say visibility, the suspension is better, the interior is nicer. You can say, IMO, these things are better.
    Point is, you can say: Accord interior is better,
    suspension is better, visibility is better, but that doesn't mean the next person is going to think the same things about each area of the cars.

As I said before, IMO, the Accord interior is styled better but the Camry has better quality material usage.
    And as I said before, the Accord provides sportier handling through it's suspension while the Camry provides a more luxurious ride. It's a trade-off. And the person that drives a camry is probably going to think his suspension is better.

"Objectively: Measurer the Glass-Area for Accord & Camry, you will notice that the Accord has LARGER/Expansive Windshield, EVERY window on Accord is larger than Camry. The rear glass is also slightly larger on Accord !!" realistically, overall glass-area has something to do with visibility but not everything. Do you forget about how visibility is affected by the shape of A-B-C pillars? Do you forget about how the angle of the windshields will affect visibility? How about how high the trunk lid is? You can have a rear windshield 50% larger in area than another windshield and still have poorer visibility with the larger windshield. Why? A higher rear decklid for example.

Sorry, IMO, the poor shaping of the A-pillar and the sharper angle of the windshield on the Accord makes forward visibility worse on my Accord compared to a Camry.

Yes, Macstruts are a old technology, but it is still a good suspension setup for the majority of the cars out there. Notice how the RSX went to MacStruts in front yet it handles better than before? Or how BMW uses MacStruts up front in almost every car they have? just because a LS430, LS400, GS430, and so on have double wishbones, doesn't make MacStruts bad or outdated. Obviously MacStruts are not outdated since BMW still uses them, Honda has recently switched to them for the civic and RSX. And if you'll notice the Lexus ES300 uses MacStruts all around and it is perhaps, arguably, the luxury ride benchmark in it's class. In finality, it is how a suspension is tuned that will determine how it performs.

did you know that LS400s come with double wishbone's and they eat tires also? Ls400 tires last about 30K miles, V-rated 16". ES300 tires last about 30K also, V-rated 16" tires.

Rattles: Again, take a visit to Superhonda.org, or the M&R section. They are well documented and Honda NA knows about them also. Moonroof creaks, rear deck creaks, dashboard rattles. They have all been discussed extensively. even my Honda dealer admitted there are rattle/squeak problems with the current Accords.
    For All that point of yours I have one sthing to say, drive Camry & Accord back to back which I did yesterday. A friend got 99 Camry I4 LE with 23K miles for 13700. I drove it & my 2000 Accord SE back to back.... Visibility is MUCH better in Accord than Camry hand down. It is too obvious with only 10 minutes of drive.

Also one more thing, Camry has larger Blind spot than Accord....Blind spot is 'almost' non-existent in Accord !

One more thing, About size/shape of Abc pillers etc. Thru camry at all-way stop sometimes you see right hand side car thru the side window, but the Accord you can see it thru the windshield such expansive it is....! Same with side windows...There is much greater OUTWARD visibility in Accord than Camry.

Interior materials are on par with each other. It is too close for any debate. Interior rating/ evaluation also should cover the room available. Accord has so many places to stash & store various things ! Accord is also more spacious.

Suspension: I said Accord suspension is mcosts more than the Camrys all-around McPherson struts. BMW starts with Mcphserson struts but heavily modifies it with mutiple links & much more rigidity for handling but "For a given tyre a double bone would result in better & uniform trade wear than more mundane struts.
  • atlboyatlboy Member Posts: 10
    Why are you people considering those dull cars. They do nothing for the human eye. The Camry is the blandest of all though! It is ugly. The reliability is better than an Accord, but worst than a Nissan Maxima, which is my choice! The Accord rides better and look better inside and out. If I had to pick, it would be the Accord, but second to a Maxima! I only give facts, not opinions! Thank you!
  • kartezkartez Member Posts: 48
    I agree with you 100%. Give me a Max, I'll take it anyday over Accord or a Camry.
    Yes..! That is fun to drive. I paid more to rent it twice. It is one cool car. Steering: though very quick & good feedback, was a bit touchy on highway!

But Nissan did not do a good job of securing a good market position for that car. With every redesign they are making it uglier!! Also
    My concern was resale down 2-3 years & the fuel economy.

I am getting 23-25 city & 30-32 highway in my Accord. I also hear about the rear beam axle in Maxima for cost saving (which is supposedly less advanced or advanced)
    sobers,

You know very little about cars. And you don't read others' posts at all when responding either.
    BTW, What I know & don't know is less important. Please comment on what I wrote & feel. If you say visibility on Accord is not better than Camry....Then I stop there I would not argueon it with you again...because it is an outright false...

I am a consumer & I have used Camry & Accords extensively, I am sorry for you if you *REALLY* believe that Camry gives better visibility..!!
    Again, visibility being better in the Accord is your opinion. Do you comprehendo that? IMO, the Camry has better visibility out. Do you comprehendo that?

Yet, again Again, visibility being better in the Accord is your opinion. Do you comprehendo that? IMO, the Camry has better visibility out. Do you comprehendo that?

Again, I drove a Camry a few weeks ago and have driven them in the past, and IMO, the visibility in the Camry sedan is better than in the Accord coupe. Comprehendo?

Again, I drove a Camry a few weeks ago and have driven them in the past, and IMO, the visibility in the Camry sedan is better than in the Accord coupe. Comprehendo?

Suspensions: You seemed to conveniently miss where I wrote the Civic & RSX now use macStruts up front also, and yet the RSX handles & rides better than the double wishbone Integra it replaces. That's amazing considering how low-tech macStruts are and how superior double wishbones are!

And now all of a sudden, the way a interior looks includes interior room & dimensions! How convenient of you to throw that in after a billion posts!

since when does the amount of interior room have anything to do with the way a interior looks?
    "Interior materials are on par with each other. It is too close for any debate. Interior rating/ evaluation also should cover the room available. Accord has so many places to stash & store various things ! Accord is also more spacious"

I thought Accord interior was superior? How did materials all of a sudden become *on par*?

Where can you stash more various things in a Accord over a Camry? My Accord has bins in doors and a dual level center console, and a glove-box. The Camry has bins in doors, a dual level center console, and a larger glovebox. Does my Accord have some magical storage place in the cabin that I don't know about?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    We can disagree agreeably and leave aside the sarcasm and sniping at each other. In fact that is an absolute requirement of your Membership Agreement.

Play nicely, please.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
    Who cares which car has better visibility. Or which car has a larger glove box. So long as a car doesn't have any glaring blind spots, visibility is not a high priority for me. Refinement, workmanship, quality of materials used, driving feel are among the things of more importance. I prefer the interior and driving feel of the Accord over the Camry. I have a hunch that the Camry will rectify its plasticky interior when the new ones come out this Fall. The Accord will have to play second fiddle to the Camry then. But only for a year.
    RipinRocket:
    Calm down man....your post number 617 has some repeated statements ! NO..I DO NOT AGREE that Visibility should be written as "IMO". I am telling you a fact...Accord sedan has beter visibility than Camry Sedan. It is a FACT
    & not my opinion. About Interior I can agree that it could be IMO. But HONESTLY do you think Accord Dash layout & interior layout is not attractive than Camry ? There is nothing wrong with Camry's interior mind you ! It is just that it is too
    plain ! I agree that visibility is dependant on size/shape of ab & c pillers & also truck lid etc.....Thats that point...after all said & done when you seat inside you get the idea in a minute....Accord has better visibility in EVERY direction !! About space: Accord has very handy space below the centre control stack & also the
    armrest storage is better than Camry. Accord also has better place in side doors to store things...well placed coin holder, sunglass holder etc. It is also more spacious inside than Camry...Now do you object to that also ?

Suspension: Handling is not JUST the function of Suspesion ? Do you agree ? Given a setup, Wishbones WILL give better results than the Struts. Now previous integra was an 8 year old version. New RSX has rediculous amount of
    chassis improvement & body rigidity figures, steering modifications than the 8 year old integra design!! That doesn't mean that Struts handle as well as bones !! It all depends on tuning! i.e the point is: Handling is not the funciton of ONLY suspension. So, if you want to compare bones with struts you will need to apply it to similar cars not 8 year old designs !!
    Sobers and ripnrocket, both of you need to read more! Sobers, I use Facts and not Opinions, stop using my line please. Also I don't appreciate you calling the Maxima ugly, because it sure does look better than any accord out there including the modified ones. As for ripnrocket, you can forget about the Camry as competition for an accord or maxima. Now the Camry is an ugly, bland, unsophisticated car! Sober you should agree because your car is the next ugliest! I only give FACTS, No OPINIONS here! ATLBOY! Thanx for agreeing "kartez".
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    How can you ask someone to stop calling the Maxima ugly when you say that the Camry is ugly? That doesn't make any sense to me, if you have an opinion on a certain car, don't you think others have opinions on cars as well? Your FACTS sound like OPINIONS to me, and don't think that the Maxima is the best looking car in the world, because most who test it think it doesn't look so well, although I like it myself. The Camry and Accord might be bland, but they are good cars just like the Maxima.
    Nissan did use the multi-link beam suspension to cut down on cost, but look at it handling. It handles way better than any Camry or Accord. Since Nissan has come out with this so called "cheap suspension", other car companies are copying them! Better ride, better looks, and much more luxurious. THE MAXIMA IS THE CHOICE FOR GOD"S SAKE! THAT IS AN OPIONION, NOT A FACT! THANK YOU! Just thought that should be clarified!
    How can you call my maxima ugly, when you drive an ugly car! First of all, the MAxima is, the best looking car in the world. It is bold unlike your "so called cars"! If you really want to know to know something, put your bootleg cars (Camry and Accord) up against my Nissan Maxima and lets see who get the most comments! Then lets race, but I put $3,000.00 on my car that it will win in both catorgories! How do you like that maxamillion1?
  • tcpip1tcpip1 Member Posts: 121
    First of all, the MAxima is, the best looking car in the world.

Hmmm... You meant your Maxima, right?
    But it is by far NOT the best looking sedan available, please, grow up, and stop acting like a spoiled child who wants a sucker from the candy store. As a mater of fact, I haven't even brought my new car yet, I am considering every car under the sun, from the Civic to the Passat, and guess what? The Maxima is one of my favorite cars, so I guess the car I want(Maxima) is a botleg car. Whatever you say, nope I don't think so!

I want bet you anything, I don't have to, especially considering that you are really starting to make yourself look really silly.

Also, I NEVER called the Maxima ugly, I just simply asked why do you think you have the right to call a certain car ugly (Camry and Accord) and you don't think it is right for other people to call Maximas ugly, you are a really childish. People do NOT have to agree with everything you say, understand, because I sure don't agree with your childish FACTS and NOT OPINIONS statements.
    Maxima is not the best looking car if you start comparing it with cars outside this board. I own a Passat and outhandles the Maxima, Accord and the Camry. The V6 needs some power but it is the best among the 4 cylinder versions. It also looks better than any of the cars in this forum.
    if were to choose between Camry, Maxima and the Accord, I would choose Maxima without a second thought because it is as reliable as the other two and much more fun to drive.
    Passat: I agree on most of you sadi about Passat. It looks, handles & interior is nicer than Accord & Camry but there is a catch. You need to pay much more to get it ! So you can not compare it with accord or camry as such. But yes, Passat is a nice car for the money. specially the new 1.8T with 170 hp !!
    When I bought the car, it cost just as much as an Accord EX. The Passat does not have the moon roof but I couldn't care less for it. It has traction control and a broad torque range which are not available in both Accord and Camry. I have only two gripes about the car - soft springs and notchy shifter. But, when it comes to soft springs both Accord and Camry are worse, so the Passat is not too bad. Only thing that I like about Accord (for that matter any Honda) over the Passat is the shifter.
    I apologize for deviating from the topic of this board.

Please continue.
    Ok, I'm not childish, but I am a young man, 19 to be precise! I know a lot about every car! Tcpip1, I really didn't like your comment. Yes my INFINTI I30t is the best looking model in the world to me, but the MAXIMA and I30 are the best looking cars in the world! That is a FACT, NOT an OPINION! Guess again Maxamillion1, you are the childish one, for calling me childish. I don't look silly either, considering I am a Model. It takes a silly, childish person to know if someone else is the same! Maxima for life! Kartez, we are talking about all cars, including the ones off this board. THE MAXIMA IS THE BEST LOOKING CAR IN THE WORLD! Can you all grasp that with one bite! Factual and actual. Atlboy to the rescue again!
    Any new info about the 2002 Accord or Camry?
    I know that the 2002 Accord will be about the same, but in Canada, the LX Special edition will have a sunroof and heated front seats, anybody know anything about either of them.
    Thanks in advance.
    Maxamillion
    Everyone, I'm also sorry for the way I've acted! I just had to get my point across! Believe me though, when I say I use Facts, not Opinions. It is a true statement! I guarantee it. Sorry once again if you don't agree with that. Camrys and Accords are great cars. Ok, I said it! I would choose the Accord once again over the Camry for the simple fact that Accords have better styling and character!
    But your opinion about the Maxima is in the minority. That's not to say you may not be right, judged 20 years from now -- but while I love the general look and heft of the Maxima's styling, I think the rear end of the car is a mess, and most magazine editors and customers seem to agree with me. I'm overjoyed to see Jerry Hirschberg retire, because now maybe Nissan will start making truly beautiful cars like the 300 ZX again. The last three generations of the 240SX were quite elegant also, and they were RWD to boot.

I participated in a Camry styling clinic at Calty (Toyota's Southern California styling studio) two years ago, and amongst the prototypes were examples of Camry competitors -- the VW Passat, Chrysler Concorde, Honda accord and of course the curent Camry.

The Camry and Accord looked almost unbearably bland next to the prototypes, and the Passat and Concorde actually looked like they belonged there.

We were then asked to do a critique of each of the cars. Looking closely at the Camry, I appreciated its tautness of line but disliked the anonymous front end and the lack of crispness around the rocker panels.

The Passat was very nicely done, with wonderful proportions and clever detailing. The Concorde was sleek, and looked more expensive than its list price would indicate -- but the interior materials were cheap and poorly assembled.

The Accord really surprised me. For a car that's as popular as it is, it shocked me how truly ugly it was from the side. The way the body lines are resolved is positively clumsy, and the c-pillar treatment puts me to sleep. Where the Camry is sleek, the Accord looks like a minivan (or a WRX, or Lancer). The taillight treatment is pleasant, but not nearly as sporty looking as the Camry, which reminds me of the Alfa Romeo 164. And the interior was abysmal compared to the Camry. Great ergonomics, but cheap materials, poor panel fit, exposed edges, etc.

Once again -- just an opinion, but it's based on a comparison of all the cars in its class at the same time. Rather like a ride-and-drive, in which you get to see the real differences in driving dynamics (in which the Accord DOES excel). But in my opinion, the Civic was, and is, a much better looking car.
  • jtw229jtw229 Member Posts: 7
    I looked at the 1998 issue of Consumer Reports and evaluated the 90-97 ratings of these three with the following scoring system:
    Much better than average-4 points
    Better than average-3 points
    Average-2 points
    Worse than average-1 point
    Much worse than average-0 points
    I eliminated the manual transmissions from this study because I was initially comparing the Camry to the Ford Crown Victoria, which is usually identified as a fairly reliable American car. The results are as follows:
    Camry got an 80%
    Accord got a 77%
    Maxima got a 75%
    Crown Vic got a dismal 58% (maybe because cops drive em hard?)

The same study and point system was used to evaluate 97-00 and the Accord, Maxima, and Camry all scored in the low 90's in that order. Just thought y'all would find that interesting. All three are great cars but the 90-97 scores indicate that Camry is slightly better from a reliability standpoint than is Accord and Maxima. The 97-00 study shows that Accord is better. I think these three trade places as time goes on. I loaned my latest edition of Consumer Report to a friend and am curious to see what the 8 year report is for each using the latest available data.
    We'll jtw229 that was back in the 1998 issue, and just about all the cars have changed. I have the 2001 issue of consumer reports, and the maxima exceled. Only Infiniti's G20 scored higher, with its number one position. Sometimes people may need to keep up with this fast paced world! If so, the Maxima/I30 would be the cars that sold 500,000 a year. Not bland "so called sedans". By the way for the second time, the Maxima is not ugly and the rear is bold, unlike many cars. Hint, Hint!
    "and the interior was abysmal compared to the Camry. Great ergonomics., but cheap materials, poor panel fit, exposed edges, etc"

You have to own a Toyota to have this opinion. My biggest beef with the Camry is its plasticky interior. I just know this is where the Camry will improve the most with the new 2003.

Maxima handling??? Someone is watching to many Nissan Commercials. Take out the Camry and none of these cars handles any better than the other. The Passat's strength is that it handles very precisely and at the same time rides as nice as the Camry. I just wish it didn't have so much black in the interior (front dash, steering wheel). Makes it too damn hard to keep clean. Plus the ergonomics. are just as bad as my Jetta.

For the record, this is all factual. Just kidding ...
    about the Camry's interior design -- it's terminally boring, and a major reason I didn't buy one. But it is very well put together. And I'm sure you're right about the new Camry being a major improvement in that regard (at least I hope so).

As I said in my previous post, the Honda's ergonomics were great, but the materials and panel fit weren't. This view has been reflected in several reviews in the car mags as well.
    You are of cousre entitled to your opinions but every review that I read in last year talk about how well put together the Accord is, Panel gaps, build quality, interior materials: everything is praised everytime accord is tested by several magazines.....prob'ly they got habitual to write such things about accord over several years !! -:))

Styling is totally subjective atleast when it comes to Accord vs Camry. I like Accord's styling better but would not question if you like camry's.
    (Styling os NOT the virtue they sell in turckloads)
    sobers,

"NO..I DO NOT AGREE that Visibility should be written as "IMO". I am telling you a fact...Accord sedan has beter visibility than Camry Sedan. It is a FACT
    & not my opinion."

Well, where are the facts? As far as I can see, its your opinion you're stating. Can you back it up with facts? Nope, you can not.

"About Interior I can agree that it could be IMO. But HONESTLY do you think Accord Dash layout & interior layout is not attractive than Camry ?"

Ummm. Didn't I already say the interior looks better? Yes, the Accord interior is layed out better. I said the Camry has better quality interior materials, which it does.

"I agree that visibility is dependant on size/shape of ab & c pillers & also truck lid etc.....Thats that point...after all said & done when you seat inside you get the idea in a minute....Accord has better visibility in EVERY direction !!"

Exactly. then how can you say the Accords visibility is better without a doubt and that it's a fact? Visibility out is also determined by how tall a person is, where the driver's seat is positioned, and where the driver's point of view is from. Again, it's not a FACT that the Accord's visibility is better. It's your OPINION. Just like it's my OPINION that the Camry's visibility is better from EXPERIENCE.

"About space: Accord has very handy space below the centre control stack & also the
    armrest storage is better than Camry. Accord also has better place in side doors to store things...well placed coin holder, sunglass holder etc. It is also more spacious inside than Camry...Now do you object to that also ?"

Man, you change your stories too much. Now you add overall interior spaciousness to storage space. So tell me wise one, how is side door storage better in Accord than Camry? The Camry has a sunglass holder also, although it's not as nice a holder as the Accords, Camry has a coin holder also, in about the same spot. But guess what? the Camry coin holder will hold alot more coins.

"Suspension: Handling is not JUST the function of Suspesion ? Do you agree ?"

Yes, handling is affected by many factors. Wheelbase, width, track, weight of car, unsprung weight, wheel size, tire size & compound, wheel weight, structural integrity of the car, weight distribution of the car.

"Given a setup, Wishbones WILL give better results than the Struts."

Yes, Wishbones give better handling. But that's not the better results everyone looks for. Does everyone look for handling over ride?

"It all depends on tuning! "

Here's a big DUH! I said that like 40 posts ago "it all depends on tuning".

Stick with things you know about.

Later Amigos.
    sobers,

I find it simply amazing how you ignore all the issues about rattles, squeaks, creaks, from the 98-2001 Accords. Not to mention sunroof creaks, and V6 tranny problems. You asked for proof, I gave it, but you love to ignore it. Plenty of proof is available at superhonda.org, as well as TSB's on the AllData.com site.

Also notice how Honda stopped making available TSB data to people visiting the website. Honda/Acura is the only company not allowing people to view Technical Service Bulletins!
    I can understand what's happening here. Some of the people here are so passionate about the brand of the cars they own, they choose to not to acknowledge the qualities of other brands. This is exactly the reason why I stopped posting on the Accord, Camry and Passat board a year ago. One thing though, a lot of so called Honda "GURU"s are not here any more.
    kartez,

That's why people come here. To be passionate. There is nothing really to be passionate about though when it comes to Accords & Camry's.
    will get back to you sir....in a hurry right now! We have a cricket game this evening....
    That's right. People that post here are passionate about their cars. But some of these very people have become blind with passion.

Hey, I am passionate about my car. But I can still see my cars shortcomings and appreciate when other brand cars excel.
    Well, some people will at least admit that the Accord's interior is layed out better. Now if they could only admit that the Accord uses higher quality interior materials.
    We agree, right down the line. Bear in mind, the clinic was two years ago, and the latest Accord may very well be better than the one I sat in.

AS for styling, it drives me nuts when companies overtly advertise it. If one doesn't like the styling, no amount of advertising is going to change their opinion, and if they DO like it, the ad serves no purpose. Advertising should stick to the basics -- features, performance and the emotional appeal of driving the car.
    If you think & say that Camry has better visibility ==> I don't want to talk about that. If somebody is pretending to be asleep there is no way you can wake him/her up...

Also did you anytime notice that Camry windows are CLOSER to driver than in Accord ?

After seating in Accord if I seat in Camry I get an uneasy feeling.. somewhat claustraphobic..

Also by the slight application of the brakes I can make the suspension to dive & deep...!

I heard that with the new 2002 camry, Toyota is coming up with SE (sportier camry version) !!
    That would be a perfect Oxymoron !! (Sporty Camry)
    -:))

Take it easy !!
    sobers,

Okay! Makes no sense again.

Again, mostly your opinions which you try and pull off as facts.

-A Sporty Accord is a oxymoron to. Want a sporty car in the same class? It's called M*A*X*I*M*A S*E*.