Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Sedans

Comments

• designmandesignman Member Posts: 2,129
    Stopped by Westchester BMW today and picked up the 04 brochure. They said BMW told them the 530 will be coming in September. Early? Late? They didn't know. I have a hunch we'll see them sooner than later. BTW they had a silver w/black 03 530 with Step, SP, PP, WP and Xenons on display if anyone is interested.
  • karmikankarmikan Member Posts: 116
    Probably a really dumb question but do you have the "High Voltage" warning stickers next to your headlights? They could show whether or not your car was intended to have xenons. Just a thought.

Really interested to hear what BMWNA has to say.
  • jaydolljaydoll Member Posts: 120
    Riez,

Thanks for the in depth description of the 01 540. I am searching for a 540 6 speed with sport and xenon/heated seats if psooible. THe range of cars and prices I have come up with a range of 27000 for a 2000 with about 45K miles to a 2001 at $36500 6 speed well equiped. I believe that you have the engine in your 98? How have you found it to be enjoyable? It's either a 540 6 speed or a new G35 coupe/6 speed. Hows that for opposite ends of the spectrum.
  • chrism124chrism124 Member Posts: 134
    I am not sure if the "High Voltage" warning stickers are there. Good point. I will check & advise.

So far BMWNA has asked for the dealer to completely inspect my car. This will be done on Friday (of this week). Stay tuned for further details.

Regards,
    Chris M
  • chrism124chrism124 Member Posts: 134
    FYI: The warning stickers are there. Also the electrical connectors for the main lights are different than the high-beam type.

Regards,
    Chris
  • snagielsnagiel Member Posts: 750
    Again, I wouldn't take what comes out of a salesman's mouth to be necessarily either true or representative of a car manufacturer's intents. They're trained to give the positive spin on every conceivable "con," be it acceleration, ride harshness, electronic complexities, yada yada yada.

That being said, I am surprised BMW still offers the 5-series with the 2.5l engine in the US. Sure, it's buttery smooth and revs freely, and the car handles as well or better than anything else in the class, but in my opinion the 3.0 provides the minimum thrust required for the 5, a model whose manufacturer proclaims is the "ultimate driving machine." Spending nearly $50k on a sports sedan with less than 200hp is, frankly, a bit mind-boggling.
  • riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    jaydoll... I wrote, "All you need to do is some research on what specific items came with the MY2000 540i6 Sport Package. Your dealer should have some historical resources." They should be able to tell you exactly what the '00 540i6 came with as regards its Sport-related equipment.

You should take a 540i6 out for a test drive. Forget which year it was, but there was a slight horsepower increase over the life of the E39 540i.

Are you going to buy or lease? If buy, are you going to borrow? Make sure to check out interest rates. BMW dealers in my area are advertising 2.9% financing on '00s and 3.9% on '01s. Infiniti dealers have few G35 coupe manuals on their lots. Asking MSRP and there don't appear to be any finance deals thru Infiniti FS.

Have you thought about the G35 sedan with 6-speed manual? Infiniti dealer advertising 2.9% on G35 sedans. (My nearest Infiniti dealers rarely order manual transmission sedans.)
  • #noname#noname Member Posts: 58
    I am probably the only one on the board with any interest in this, but just in case some future reader is searching for info, the guy at the same BMW dealership that sells the extended warranties said that the things they cover rarely break. Thus, he rarely (he actually said never) sees a failed starter or alternator, for example. Given the cost of $2500 that itself would cover one exotic failure, I decided to heck with it.
  • #noname#noname Member Posts: 58
    I am probably dating myself, but I used to make it a habit to get my car engines steam cleaned. I figured a clean engine would be less likely to have problems than a dirty one. Someone at the BMW dealership recommended against steam cleaning BMW engines, however, saying it could cause problems. Do board members agree?
  • msealsmseals Member Posts: 257
    I would have to err on the side of caution and say I wouldn't steam clean your engine. There are several reputable places that will detail your engine for as little as $60 and make it sparkle like it is brand new. I have gone that route and have been very happy with results.
  • karmikankarmikan Member Posts: 116
    There are way too many electronics on a modern engine (particularly high end vehicles like BMW, Merc & Audi) to risk steam cleaning. There might not be any immediate effects but once a drop of moisture gets inside a module and starts corroding contacts you've got problems.

I'd listen to your dealership guy.
  • abwndabwnd Member Posts: 7
    Help!! I'm looking for a 2000 or 2001 5 series BMW. Is one year or 5 series model clearly better then the other? Maintenance track record. Is one model over-valued for what you get? When looking at used BMW's is there one or two things to look out for (problems wise)? Is the larger engine better? You get the picture...
    any and all help / opinions welcome.
  • mtjohnmtjohn Member Posts: 34
    abwnd:
    I had to decide between the two myself in May. I looked long and hard at used 2000 528is. They can be had for $32K and under with low mileage fairly easily. When I was looking, I was a BMW novice and didn't know any of the differences between the '00 and '01. I just happened to stumble on a CPO (certified pre-owned) 530i with just over 9K mi. 2001 is the first year BMW made the 530i in the current E39 body style. The big difference between the 528 and the 530 is the engine which has noticeably more power and torque. If you are looking for an automatic, I believe that the Steptronic shifter was standard that year which allows the driver to manually move between gears (not the same as manual tranny though). The other key difference is the black trim around the car is gone and replaced with the same body paint color as the rest of the car (I think that was a big improvement). I also happen to really like the wheels that come with the sport package on the 530i. I am a huge fan of the sport package, it allows you to take full advantage of BMW's fantastic chassis and suspension (read really fun to drive, corners like on rails, etc.). Bottom line is it comes down to what you want to spend. If you can stretch to $36K+, I would highly recommend a CPO 2001 or 2002 530i with sport package (15-30K mi. or so). CPO extends the warrantee to 100K mi. or 6 years from in-service date. I spent $38K on mine which was well over the $30K I was budgeting for myself. I have also seen some unbelievable deals on new '03 530is on this message board with the incentives that are out there (slim pickin's on colors and sport package though). I plan on keeping my car at least 5 years and have never regretted spending the extra money. Best car I have ever owned by a wide margin.
    -John
  • guapingguaping Member Posts: 6
    Chrism124 and all gurus, this may be a dumb question but how can you tell if the headlights are really xenons? Like Chrism124 i have 03 530i but my prod date is April. I'm getting a little paranoid after reading your posts. I noticed my lights are bright white with hardly any bluish tinge. Thanks in advance.
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    A couple of comments:

Given the choice between a new 540i and 528i, I would have spent the extra $8k+ to get the 540i. Not so with the 530i. It hits the sweet spot in my power/value trade-off. (Unfortunately, my older Maxima has been exceedingly reliable, so I bought a supplementary S2000 instead. A 5-series is definitely in my future.)

Here in the DC area, used 5-series prices seem to be lower than what is often posted on this board. A friend decided to wait to get a 2004, but brought home a 2002 530i PP SP, etc. from a local dealer on an extended test drive. Price (negotiated) was $33,000. CPO w/ 23k miles. A brand new loaded 2003 could have been purchased at $2,500 under invoice (about $40k).
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    any good recommendations on a dealer. I'm in MD. thanks
  • cmr530icmr530i Member Posts: 278
    We had an absolutely awesome time in Northern CA with the 530! It hugged those steep and winding curves through Muir Woods effortlessly. I loved pulling it out of the turns quick and hard as we ascended. The drive south on Highway 1 was equally thrilling, so much so that I wouldn't share the driving until we reached San Luis Obispo some 9 hours later! Fatigue just never came into play. My sister, who owns a Lexus 430, could not believe how the 5 holds the road. Think I've created a convert! Anyway, had a blast in San Francisco. We stayed at a hotel with valet garage parking (as you suggested) in Union Square and did not have to worry about the car at all while in the city. We took my two boys to Alcatraz, Muir Woods, China Town, Golden Gate Park, the Wharf, the Mission, just to name a few destinations. Thanks for ordering up such beautiful weather as well :-). I think I have found the area where I will retire in 20 years!
    I'd probably go with VOB myself, since that's where I got my Maxima and they have been good to deal with for Nissan service. However, I have heard mixed opinions on their BMW side from friends and colleagues. I have heard reasonably good things about Tischer in Silver Spring. I also heard that Passport offers good European Delivery deals (i.e. $1,200-$1,500 over ED invoice). However, they are geographically undesireable for me when it comes to service. Fortunately, all three of these choices are better than most on the Virginia side, where I've heard horror stories regarding Fairfax and the former Heischman.

Good luck.
  • ksomanksoman Member Posts: 683
    steam creeps easily into "almost" water tight compartments like the electronics housings, whereas cleaners and water jets might less likely make it. I dont think the hoses and plastics and such would care much, most of them are made to stand temperatures in excess of 250 degrees F.

ksso
    Ok,

After the pics, I was very very unsure where BMW was going. But the other day when I arrived in Madrid, I saw a new 5series pass me at the airport and I was interested in seeing for myself.

1st impressions: I'm in the minority who thinks the new 7 is industrial beautiful (minus the little "err" in the back), so except for some funny things in the 5 like the eyes extending out, I think the new car looks much nicer in person than anything the pictures could show. It's also ummm heftier. Its like the difference between the old and new 7. It decidedly feels roomier inside. The interior is more 7ish than the current one, which was kinda getting similar between the old 5 and the current 3. The ride is "yummy", I always always loved the drive of the last generation of 5, this one is a few notches better. Madrid is a small city and you can quickly get out into the empty countryside and seeing that I was not going to buy being an outsider, the salesperson actually let me drive out into the country for a 10 km spin, just turned down his seat back and rested himself. The car also had that new fancy adaptive stearing or whatever it is called and wow, its a little unnerving at first, because it's decidedly different in feel at different speeds than what we are used to... but its fun. Overall the car seemed excellent to me, minus a few physical err's. The car also had the head up display and adaptive bi xenons... have seen the adaptive xenons on wife's 2004 3 already.

Even if you dont like the car like I did, you should still rent one in madrid and drive up to Chinchon...

ksso
  • 530bmw530bmw Member Posts: 130
    I agreed with habitat1 that both dealerships in VA are horrible (based on my personal experience)and arrogant. In Virginia, they will tag on junk fees of $400-500 to process your paper work even though you can ask them to waive the fees but it is another hassel. In Maryland, it is only $25 and it is a law in which the MD dealers are trying to change it so they can charge higher fee like in VA. I bought mine from Passport and pretty happy with the buying process.

habitat1, I bought my Maxima from VOB too without any pains during buying negotiation. On a deifferent subject, I located and replaced the blower resistor based on your information that I had posted for help. Thanks again.
  • jb_shinjb_shin Member Posts: 357
    I also sat in the display car yesterday. I still don't care for the looks, but not as much as I dislike the 7. The interior was nicely put together, but it did not seem any larger than the E39. However, I really would like to take the front seats out and put them in my car. The seat is a combination of the sports and the comfort seats in the E39, and was one of the most comfortable I've tried.
  • bmwgurubmwguru Member Posts: 51
    If you're in the Baltimore area Russel and Northwest are good dealers and will treat you fairly. Stay away from BMW of Towson, as I've had bad experiences there. In Annapolis Tate BMW will also treat you fairly.
  • jaydolljaydoll Member Posts: 120
    Reiz,

Regarding the 2000 540 I drove with out the M5 wheel, I have talked to 5 dealers and not a one of them agree or know or care to find the answer for me. The car was at a used car dealership and the price wan't that great where I am considering it. In the end, I am guessing that the M5 wheel just was not included in a early 2000 540 with sport package.

When I set out to test drive cars, the goal was to find one that I liked better than my A4. Hard goal to acomplish. The G35 sedan with auto- wouldn't trade my Audi for that. The G35 sedan with manual- better, but I still wouldn't trade the Audi 3.0/6 speed for it. The coupe with 6 speed- now that was pure fun to drive and the only people I would put in back are the kids so I don't care about the low sloping rear window. LOTs of power and handled like nothing else I have ever driven.

I found the 540 very interesting because it was powerful, fun to drive and had more room (width and leg extension) than my Audi.

So, that's how I arrived at these two cars. I can justify either. A 540 with stick/sport and prem is very civilized with lots of power and it one of the best looking cars on the road. The G35 coupe is a adrenalin rush/sport coupe that sats mid life crisis all over it.

p.s. I sold my Audi so now I am in much better shape without a trade hanging over me.
    I have another question...could a CPO have been in an accident or a lemon. I found a really good deal on the internet from VOB BMW and am wondering what could be wrong with the vehicle. Thanks! Habitat1...I went to VOB last year and was there for 30 mins. and got no help so I decided to leave. Maybe I just came on a busy or bad day.Or maybe they looked at me and saw that I was young (26 y.o.)and thought I couldn;t afford a BMW. If I go back there, hope its better.
    does anyone here have access to carfax/ I checked the vin and the vehicle came back with 2 records in their database. But I have to pay $20 to get that.
  • jb_shinjb_shin Member Posts: 357
    M5 wheels, or Styling 65, never came standard with other 5 series models. I don't think it was offered as optional, even in Germany where you can mix and match any BMW wheels with the cars. The PO most likely put them on.
    kennynmd... You wrote, "does anyone here have access to carfax[?] I checked the [VIN] and the vehicle came back with 2 records in their database. But I have to pay $20 to get that."

If you can afford a BMW, then you can afford to pay Carfax $20 for a complete report. Don't steal from them. That is how they make money to stay in business. That is how they can help pay Edmunds for their advertising. If you buy it, believe you can run unlimited checks for 60 days. That is what I did back in '01. (Hope no one here encourages CarFax thefts.)

Keep in mind that these records are often as simple as the car being registered by first owner. Believe BMW's CPO program guidelines preclude a "lemon" or a car that has been in a serious accident from participation. Unfortunately, there can be unscrupulous BMW dealers. Always trust but verify.
  • msealsmseals Member Posts: 257
    YES, you can have a car that was in an accident and have the car CPO'd. The guidelines for are that the car be inspected and meet the inspection standards. If a car was in an accident and properly repaired by a dealership, then they could certify it. That being said, I would run a car fax on all cars, and if car was in a serious accident and they took it to a second hand collision shop, then it probably wouldn't pass certification.
    Interesting parallels in our universes. Regarding your Passport experience, how has it been? Do you get the car serviced there? Did you also consider VOB BMW and, if so, what sent you to Passport?

PS. kennynmd - VOB BMW could use a lesson on customer service. While I appreciate that they do not have excessively aggressive salespeople that practically jump into your shorts when you pull up, their casual attitude can be equally frustrating. I went in some time ago to see if they had any 3 series convertibles so that I could check out trunk space, and ended up leaving after 15 minutes while they unsuccessfully paged for a salesperson that wasn't busy. And this was a weekday afternoon. And I drove up with the top down in my S2000, so they should have known I was a serious potential buyer. If I can get over the Passport location, I think I'll check them out.
  • dabimmerdabimmer Member Posts: 165
    Sounds like you had an awesome time up here. The weather was excellent ( which I did order up special ; ), ; ) You hit all the really great places and of course the best part is you were able to run that 5er through its paces. The driving to get somewhere is most of the fun, I enjoy mine so much. Thanks for sharing the experience with us.
  • 530bmw530bmw Member Posts: 130
    For some reason you and I had almost the same experience. Before I bought my car from Passport, I had called VOB and asked to talk to a salesperson for a test drive. He gave me his name and told me to come over for the test drive. As soon as I got to the dealdership, he told me he didn't have anything available for me to test drive and proceed to tell me and my wife to just look around at the CPO cars and a few new ones on the lot. Guess what, he didn't even accompany us while we were looking around. Right after we finished wandering around, we went back to get more information about the 530 models. The first thing he wanted to know was my occupation and my employer. I was somewhat irritated since I could tell that he didn't think I coudl afford the car and was just wasting his time. He then asked for my telephone number and put me on his call list so he could call me when they have the car that I had wanted. Eight months after that, he called me at home and left me a message asking me if I was still interested in buying the car. I had already bought my car from Passport soI didn't even return his call, but I wouldn't have returned the call regardless. Fairfax BMW is even worse (I live five minutes from them), all I can tell you is that if they are the only two dealerships in the area I wouldn't buy a car from either one. If I remember correctly you live in Fairfax County. Right? I still have not taken my car to Passport for service yet since I still have the green bar, but I took my car in for oil change at Fairfax once. I heard that Sterling BMW is pretty good, have you had any dealing with them at all?
  • microrepairmicrorepair Member Posts: 508
    Just got a 2 page brochure from BMWUSA on the "new" 5. It's not bad looking, but it (as well as many other German models) has lost the Teutonic look in favor of a more Oriental look... I think I prefer the current 530 and the E-class style (solid, almost boxy German with soft edges) to this new direction.
    your oriental comment caught my eyes, because for some reason i felt bangle was french... just see where nissan is going with its curves... you already seen those curves in france over the past several years on the renaults... just kidding.

i think if anything bmw is loosing a little "classiness" in its industrial styling, compared to the really fine looking new MB E class.... but its kinda interesting, maybe i'm wrong, but the slick industrial box look might be the next thing coming in, if the curves everywhere of mazda and nissan dont make the next big trend... Maybe because of my hard core nerdy engineering background, but I actually like the looks of the honda accord and the 7 and the new 5 minus some really weird errs on each of their bodies.

ksso
    bmw's car's are just growing up, where as MB has been playing the large car game for much longer. MB dished out some really pathetic looking bulky boxes, though they did look classy in their day and age... but MB seems to be really up there in the game to make their larger cars look more cleaner and sleeker and sexier and not so bulky, whereas most others who are relatively newer in that space still have a lot of learning and catching up to do... (relative been a relative term over past 50 years or more).... this obviously counts out the jag xj8's and other finer expensive cars out there. Interestingly, the one car company who seems to have learned to make large cars look cool and non-bulky really really fast seems to be Audi with its A8 line... even though there are sufficient people out there that dont like its looks.
  • jakumabajakumaba Member Posts: 9
    Just my 2 cents. BMW - Sterling has treated me very well in my ED experience, thus far. I'm picking up my car on Friday (in Munich), so I've got some history with Sterling (negotiation, payment, etc). When I made my deal many moons ago (late March), they met my terms cleanly(invoice plus less than a grand). They did not charge me the normal junk fees, MACO, etc., including "application fee," which was $195 otherwise. I'm a happy customer.
  • erickplerickpl Member Posts: 2,735
    Speaking of 5'ers and ED, where's Shipo?

-Paul
    Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like I should scratch VOB off my list. We live in DC, so Sterling vs. Passport may be a toss up geographically. But jakumba's ED price sounds excellent, so I will keep them on my list.

I also believe the former Heischman in Arlington changed ownership (now called BMW of Arlington). They weren't well respected before, but I haven't heard anything lately.

Thanks again for the insights.
  • newbmernewbmer Member Posts: 3
    I just bought my BMW 525. The dealer promissed me the under body coating in the "Touch of a class" package. But when I got the car, it was not done. The salesman then said that a protective coating is already on the under-body of the 525s. But I doubt it.

Is he telling the truth?
  • jbf5jbf5 Member Posts: 32
    Jakumaba, your experience at Sterling was much better than mine. I bought my 03 530 ED from them and was very unhappy with the service. I was out of town when the car arrived at the dealership, so I made an appointment to pick it up a week after. During that week, I don't think they did anything with the car other than to take it off the truck -- they didn't wash it or vacuum it, didn't fill the gas tank and didn't put on the license plates. Later, I found a checklist in the trunk with all the things they were supposed to do, but none of the items was checked. I complained to the sales manager and the best he could do was to offer to wash the car _if_ I brought it back on a Saturday. I live in Maryland, so it was hardly worth the trip. I still don't have the running lights, door locks or other preferences set the way I want them. I'd steer clear of these guys.
    I'm going to VOB tomorrow to see the 325Ci that I saw on line. I'll tell everyone about the experience. Riez...I just heard that Carfax isn't reliable. I just didn't want to waste my money. you act like I'm taking your money.
  • cbs03cbs03 Member Posts: 9
    Our family recently bought a 2001 525i (auto) with around 30,000 miles on it. (We saw the '03 factory to dealer incentives and all, but got a great deal on this as well).

I understand BMW 5 series ranks in the middle of the pack in terms of reliability. While some may only keep their cars a few years, we usually like to keep cars for quite a while. I understand that any car will need it's share of maintenance, but how many miles do you think I can put on this BMW comfortably? The low 100,000 mile range is what I was hoping for, but only if it is financially smart to do so (from a maintenance standpoint). What do you all think?
    Thanks in advance!
  • div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    Count your lucky stars that your idiot dealer DIDN'T apply additional undercoat. The OEM BMW coating is first-rate, and any aftermarket trash sprayed on top of it could void your BMW warranty. "Touch of Class"? Gag. I hope they didn't hose you too bad for the rest of the junk in the package; I bet the markup is 300% or better.
  • joatmonjoatmon Member Posts: 315
    Well, we just sold out 17 year old, 197k 528e. Yes, we spend a lot of money on maintenace. But the car was very comfortable, reliable, and durable. The paint and leather looked as good as any 4 or 5 year old car out there. And at the end of its day with us, I would not have hesitated to take it on a cross country trip. We found that the maintenance cost sure beat the cost of buying a new one. And, if properly maintained, the performance level stays near the level when new. That 17 year old square box would still stop quicker than a new clonemobile.

Now, many people would not like putting an average of $800 a year (done at the dealer) in maintenance. And that's OK. But if you aren't prepared for that outlay, then I'd suggest going the Japanese (Honda/Toyota/Nissan/Mazda) route.

BTW, we have a new 530i and X5. We think that's the way to go. We fully expect to get similar service levels from these new ones.

Happy Motoring,

Jack
    kennynmd... You wrote, "I just heard that Carfax isn't reliable. I just didn't want to waste my money. You act like I'm taking your money."

You should do some research on Carfax. Consumer Reports and others have published some analysis of their methods and data. Like any data collection and dissemination system that relies on others (e.g., on 50 State DOT systems, etc.), it won't be perfect. Nothing is. But it is one of the better systems consumers have to track this type data. We are all better off having it than not having it. People who scam others buying and re-selling garbage cars fear these type services. Makes their scamming much harder.

I'd like to see Carfax survive and prosper. I've paid for and used their service a couple times. Paid the fee and got the unlimited checks for 60 days. A great, cheap investment. Anyone who can afford a BMW can afford to pay their own Carfax report. If everyone takes from Carfax by getting someone to give them a report, how will Carfax survive or prosper? Then will they be around when I need them?
  • sixers76sixers76 Member Posts: 5
    Hi I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for info/advice regarding BMW. I'm currently in the market for a pre-owned 2000-2001 528 BMW and I was hoping to get some data of what I can expect to pay in the real mkt. I've done lots of research with the help of consumer reports & edmunds.com, however, the numbers don't seem to come close to what dealers are asking. A 2000 with 39000 miles is going for 31K. Is this right? With the current economic status and the fact that the new 5series will be out in another mnth or so, I would think the mkt value of this type is not as strong. It's also hard for me to believe that in 4 yrs the depreciation of this car is roughly only 20%. All my data tells me 27K is more than reasonable. Please advice. In addition, I am looking to trade in my 1994 325IS with 138000 miles, avg to good condition. Could anyone tell me what I can really expect to get for this car? Thanks.
    sixers76... Concur that their initial price is a bit high. But that is the way nearly all used car sellers work. Hoping they'll find someone who will pay it. What the car is actually worth is what they'll sell it for on a given day. Much is based on supply and demand. That varies by region.

Make 'em an offer. Worse that will happen is they say no. But they may take it. Or you may end up somewhere in between. Remember, everything is negotiable. Knowledge is power. Try to have fun.

You don't say what kind of options this car has. Makes a difference if it is a base no-option car versus a fully loaded car with PP, SP, etc. What was this car's original MSRP? Keep in mind the car is still under full b-to-b warranty until the end of the full 4/50 period. I'm also assuming it is CPO, which gets you an additional 2/50 of CPO warranty.
  • cbs03cbs03 Member Posts: 9
    I don't consider myself very expert, but here is some recent experience: We recently bought a 2001 525i with around 30,000 miles on it for $28,500. However, this was not from BMW so it is not certified pre-owned. That was the best deal I found by far, though. Certified was a couple of thousand more. The '01 530i was priced for sure over $30k as I recall.

I was offered a '00 528i with 30,000 miles for $28,000 (BMW certified) without much negotiation. Let them know you know you can get a brand new 525 '03 for around $36k with the $3,500 factory to dealer incentives going on. There is more info on this incentive in the "BMW 5-series Prices Paid" area. Autotrader.com has many used listings, so you can also get a good idea of what the going asking prices are. Good luck!
    riez... Thanks for your feedback. Here are the list of options: Front Shoulder Harness, Driver's Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Front Side Impact Air Bag, Traction Control, Anti-lock Brakes, Master Window Lock, Rear Shoulder Harness, Electric Sunroof, Power Driver Seat, Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Tilt Wheel, Cruise Control, Tinted Glass, Intermittent Wipers, Vanity Mirror, Side Door Arm Rest, Clock, Map Light, Console, Cup Holder, Map Pocket, Trip Computer, Climate Control, Bucket Seats, Leather Seats, Recline/Lounge Seats, Carpet, Water Temperature Gauge, Trip Set, Tachometer, Remote Radio Control, Heated Seats (2), Leather Steer Wheel, Woodgrain, Alloy Wheels, Dual Mirrors, Quality Tires. From what I was able to determine all of these for maybe the exception of side air bags and leather were standard in 2000. The original MSRP was $38900. It is a CPO car.
    Thanks! That's great feedback. Having this information will come in handy during negotiations. Thanks again.