Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Sedans

Comments

• juniorbmwjuniorbmw Member Posts: 29
    I agree w/everybody's comments.

I got a NAV in my '05 530, and while it is not as easy to use as the Acura's NAV, it is surprisingly accurate.

I like using the "Route List" function, as it mimics "MapQuest", but as I said it's amazingly accurate.

I always wondered how James Bond traveled the world and never gets lost or asks for directions, now I know, he had a NAV.

I travel the city and other states now without fear of getting lost, as when you do make a wrong turn, the NAV adjusts to give you directions to get you back on track.

I like it alot, sure I wish that it was nice as the Acura, but what can you do.

Having the NAV saves alot of arguing with the Misses who I was relying on to read me the Mapquest directions, and she almost always got it wrong, or gave me the info after we missed the turn.
  • t_manerot_manero Member Posts: 8
    I vaguely remember promotional material on the base car mentioned 10 air bags, but found only 8 (6 front, and 2 hps in the rear). Re-reading several non-BMW sources, they mentioned REAR side air bags were optional. Somehow, I feel ripped off as I bought the car for safety features like multiple air bags and stability control (definitely the world's most expensive 184hp car). After seeing the TV ad for the 2005 Honda Odyssey (3 row w/ air bags and VSC), I wanted to trade in the 525 for one, but my wife mostly drives the 525 and refuses.
  • riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    t_manero... Buyers always need to do their homework. [Due to legal liability issues, BMW has been leery about putting rear side air bags in their cars. Kids likely to sleep/rest right next to the exploding bag. You don't have that problem with rear side curtain airbags. Believe BMW normally ships cars with the rear side airbags in a deactivated state. My old '98 540i6 had optional rear side airbags. I used to always tell the kids to keep their heads away from the doors.]

I wouldn't worry so much about what all you have and don't have. Worry more about what results are produced. You really should check out the various crash test result sites: IIHS, NHTSA, Euro NCAP, Aus NCAP, Nippon NCAP.

Think you'll find that the E39 5 Series has wonderful crash test results, not to mention lots of testimonials from people who have survived terrible crashes in them.
  • div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    I'll take a BMW with no airbags over a FWD appliance with a dozen of the things. Anyway, the Accord is MUCH more dangerous; if I had to drive one I'd almost certainly die of boredom. If one equates automotive excellence with the number of explosive devices installed in the passenger compartment, I'd suggest a Volvo-they are somewhat entertaining to drive. Compared to a Accord, at any rate.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Maybe they could have the airbag in the Accord deploy at preset intervals.. just to keep you awake...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

LOL!!!
    While we are on the subject (what?).. I'm going to be in Louisville this weekend.. State high school football playoffs.

Consider this my official request for warm weather..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Don't look at me; we attended the UL-Cincy game last Saturday. Rain and 45 degrees. And I still have to change a low pressure P/S hose on the 5er...
    Yeah.. we'll be in the same stadium. That was a mildly entertaining game.. 70-7.. can't imagine sitting through too much of that in the rain.

UC's quarterback (who didn't play) comes from our local high school... But, I'm more of a UK fan.. Thank goodness basketball season is finally here!!

Staying in the Executive Inn out by the airport Friday night.. our game is at 11:30 on Saturday.. I hear that a few Budweisers may sacrifice their life for the cause...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• manybmwsmanybmws Member Posts: 347
    Coming in March '05 with x-drive and new sixes.
  • t_manerot_manero Member Posts: 8
    Thanks. The BMW manual says something about activating rear side bags via the dealer, but half the manual describes OPTIONAL equipment and it isn't clear whether I have any of the "options". Any way, I should ask the dealer (assuming they give the right answer) and BMW should just install the bag and include an on/off switch; I think my Honda has a "child" detector that deactivates the front seat air bag, so there are tech solutions to the liability issue of a child's head near a bag.
    This is my first time here; I detect quite a bit of testosterone static. I told my wife her next car will be a Lexus GS series, but it doesn't have vinyl seats like her 525 for easy cleanup of my 3-year old daughter's organic food and waste (yeah vinyl). In the end, protecting my wife and daughter in an accident is worth the overpriced kidney bean grill.
  • riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    t_manero... Live and learn. Don't forget that there are some readily available places to learn about standard and optional equipment in general (e.g., the sales brochures, websites like Edmunds, etc.) and standard and optional equipment on your particular car (e.g., the Monroney window sticker). And there is always the dealership/salesperson. Never assume, always ask or learn.

The window sticker shows what standard and optional equipment came on your car, including safety equipment like airbags, ABS, TC, etc.
  • erickplerickpl Member Posts: 2,735
    in the back seats, you should see a airbag deactivated sticker if you have the airbags and they haven't been activated yet. My 3er had those so it reminded me to activate them.

-Paul
  • rich545rich545 Member Posts: 386
    Not true according to BMW. They have no immediate plans for an AWD E60. Where did you get your information?
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Gentlemen,

For anyone considering a 5 Series who lives north of the George Washington Bridge and doesn't work in the public sector, this is an important issue. Can we get a straght answer?
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Ummm, errr, why? When I got my current 530i I lived only about 15 miles northwest of the GWB and it didn't bother me then that the 2002 E39 car only had RWD. I now live in New Hampshire and it still doesn't bother me. In fact, even if my next car is available with an AWD option I'll still order it as a RWD.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    I agree completely! In the winter I fit my wife's 5er with a set of Artic Alpins. The car handles winter weather with absolutely no problem. In fact, the only time I am forced to take the Sahara is when the snow depth is over 10"-12" or I need/want the ability to go off the pavement to drive around an accident. The only AWD vehicles I'd want in my driveway are the X5 4.8is(150 mph PLUS it tends to give eco-weenies a coronary) and the STi. But then again, my next vehicle will only have one wheel drive...:)
    Hehe, you gave away my secret. ;-) I love my Arctic-Alpin tires as well, and if memory serves, the extra set of wheels and tires is substantially cheaper than the "xi" option (on the E46). So, order up a car with RWD, pop for a set of "Snows", and pocket the difference. Works for me. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    Yeah, my wife's 528iA has 15" wheels so I believe the whole winter tire package from Tire Rack cost @550. I also I bought a set of OEM BMW E39 wheel covers for another $100. My summer tire is the V-rated Kumho KH11, which-according to Tire Rack tests- beat the OEM BMW Goodyear Eagle RS-A in every performance category. Not bad for $48 a pop. It's amazing how well the non-sport E39 chassis performs when fitted with decent tires. It's no Club Sport, but it can definitely hang with most sports cars on a twisting road. Best of all, at under $200 a set I can afford to drive the big sled a bit aggressively...;)
  • pen101pen101 Member Posts: 238
    I decided to buy out the lease on 2002 530i SP, PP, 5-sp. I need to buy tires first. I know this is a topic that pops up every other week or so, but now it is my turn. I did an Edmunds search on this topic and also read through some articles on Tirerack. I am still not sure.

The car has 36K on the original Michelin Pilot Primacy Tires. Other than being very noisy, that have been great. What would be a reasonable upgrade (better handling)? This is a southern California car that will never see snow and very little rain. How about the Michelin Pilot Sport or Sport A/S? Same price. The tires have to meet BMW CPO requirements. Any suggestions? 235/45YR17

Also, no matter how hard I try to treat the car well, mistakes happen. I must get them off my chest: (1) one time on hard acceleration, I did not shift in time and as the RPMs headed into redline, the engine cut back. I assume the fuel cut-off stopped the engine RPM from going any higher. (2) I was late to a business meeting and opted to fill up on the way home, the miles-to-empty meter went to zero and when I filled up, 19.2 gallons went in. Are these mistakes so terrible?
    If non-sport.. get the Pilot A/S...

Hitting the rev-limiter shouldn't hurt your car..

Unless your car was sputtering badly by the time you filled it up, that one time shouldn't make any difference either..

Down-shifting resulting in over-revving is another matter... if you do that, you are basically mechanically overriding the rev-limiter... that is what is known as the "money shift".

regards,
    kyfdx

Edit: I see you have the sport package.. If you want summer only tires, there are a lot more choices.. If they have Michelin Pilot PS2 in your size, I'd go that way, but last time I checked they didn't have your size yet...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks, I was just editing my posting when you replied. Tirerack provides a chart showing the PS2 getting top ratings. According to Tirerack, they are available in my size. Thanks.

No "money shifts" for me. However, one time on an unfamiliar mountain backroad I encountered a tight switchback turn with a steep incline at the end of the turn, which I underestimated. I was in 3rd, the car started to lug, down shifted to 2nd and the car still began to lug. Only 1st would get the car up the hill. Also, I did miss a shift once and crunched the gears. Hate that! (note, my daily driver has been a stick for last 25 years, and sometimes mistakes happen)
    If those are your only "mistakes" in three years with the car... and everything seems okay now... I'd say you are in great shape..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I'm sure there are others, but I have blocked them out of my mind..... :)
  • manybmwsmanybmws Member Posts: 347
    came from dealer friend. Its gonna happen.

Go get your order in.
    It might happen... but, no way by Spring of '05..

The E90 is out in Spring of '05, and you couldn't find a real picture of it until this past August.. If they are coming out with an AWD 5-series, then it will be at least Spring of '06.. otherwise, everyone would know about it, by now.

(He says, with nothing to back it up)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rich545rich545 Member Posts: 386
    I wouldn't count on it. My dealership in NY told me it was happening, then my dealership in IL said it wasn't. I emailed BMW directly and they said no. Now, they probably would be somewhat evasive about giving a true anwer, but I doubt they'd be able to keep it quiet from the entire automotive world (especially if it was happening this coming March).
  • lovemyclklovemyclk Member Posts: 351
    Just put Pirelli P Zero Nero Summer tires on my 2003 530 SP. Replaced Dunlop Sp Sport 2000's at 21K. Only needed 2, but wanted all four to be consistent.

Not enough time to tell, but excellent so far. Running 32 pounds of nitrogen gas in all 4 235/45 ZR17's. Minimal pressure fluctuation with heating/cooling during driving that will hopefully lead to better wear characteristics.

Tire Rack gave the new P Zero Nero SUmmer tires a good review.
    Shippo,

Not to argue because obviously it works for you, but do you live in flat spot in the Granite State, tend to stay home once you get home after work, and/or have a great guy to who plows the driveway? Living in New England, I don't know how our father's generation did it with RWD sedams with no heated back windows or mirrors back in the 50's and early '60s.

It was a different time though. There weren't any malls or health clubs open until 9 PM every night, people would put chains on if they had to, the one driver in the family had a shorter commute and they respected the weather Carl DeSuse on WBZ ("From Eastport Maine To Block Island") was describing.
    Hmmm, well maybe I haven't lived here in New Hampshire long enough yet (just over two very busy years), however, I didn't know there were any flat spots. It certainly isn't flat where I live, in fact, even the little cul-de-sac that I live on is a seven and half percent grade. :-/

As for my driveway, it is only 160' long, and yes, I clear it myself. :-/ (again) Regarding your "father's" generation, well, I may be closer to that than you think. I learned to drive in the snow in cars built in the 1960s, and yes, they had RWD, no heated back windows or mirrors and to make matters worse, the wheels were shod with slippy sliddey bias-ply tires, which were usually good for only about 15,000 miles.

Having said all of that, all it takes is one snowy ride in a BMW shod with modern snow tires to be made a believer. Prior to springing for my first set (after 4 winters in a 328i with All-Season rubber) I was very much in the "Winter tires are a waste of money" camp. However, once I made the change, I was totally flabbergasted at the complete transformation the Arctic-Alpins made in my 530i. With the OEM tires, I was barely able to make it up my driveway, much less up my street, after the switch, the car felt like it was riding on rails, over hill, over dale, and around every curve. ;-)

Now, does that mean that a RWD optioned BMW with snow tires is the do all/end all in winter driving? Nope! I'll leave that to the folks that shell out for BOTH AWD AND winter tires. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • bmw_newbmw_new Member Posts: 6
    The 2005 530i allows you to get active steering
    without going for sports package (my wife feels
    sport package option makes the trip kind of
    bumpy). Anyone has any opinion if active steering
    is a worthy option suppose we are not going
    for sports package?

Thanks
    Hmmm, I think that you are more likely to find that many folks want the Sport Package and not have the Active Steering rather than the other way around. Personally, I'm inclined to not want a car with that option, but I'm going to make it a point to drive an Active Steering equipped car just to make sure before I order my next car.

FWIW, I have a 2002 (no Active Steering available back then) 530i with the SP, and since I did the ED thing, I have quite a number of hours at speeds well over 120 as well as many hours maneuvering through and parking in NYC. Since I've driven my car at both ends of the speed/traffic congestion spectrum I've asked myself, "Does Active Steering make any sense?" The only answer that I can come up with so far is another question, "Why did BMW develop the variable ratio system for the E60 in the first place?" So far at least, "It's a mystery." ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • cassidymcassidym Member Posts: 108
    I've got a 2005 545 with active steering and I like it a lot. Here's why: I thought a lot about whether I wanted that feature in the first place. I finally decided in favor of it because I do a lot of driving around parking lots and garages (some days it seems that's all I do) and AS seemed like a real good idea.

Now that I've driven it a bit (since 1 Nov) I have come to really appreciate it. At first you have to be carefully and anticipate the steering change and I did bang a few curbs in the process. But it soon became second nature. After a few weeks, you no longer have to think about it, you just automatically adjust for it and it really does make maneuvering around parking lots much easier.

The only downside I can think of is this: when AS engages below 40MPH, a small turn on the steering wheel translates to a large turn of the wheels. But, also, the opposite is true. If you hit a rut it'll knock your tire around. With regular steering a small bump equals a small twist in the steering wheel. But with AS, a small bump is translated into a larger twist in the steering wheel. I've only experienced this a couple of times since the roads around here (Metro DC) are pretty good. But, were you to be driving in areas where you could often hit ruts, you might want to reconsider AS.

Make sense?
    Well, I do in fact understand the mechanical aspects of AS, however; I still don't see the point. As it is, the steering wheel on my car is only something like three turns lock to lock, and it is plenty easy to park, while at the same time not being at all twitchy at high speed. True, the steering ratio on my car is a compromise compared to the "Tailored" ratios that your car enjoys, but given how easy my car is to operate, I'm just having a difficult time understanding how a multi-ratio system will be demonstrably better or more desirable.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    That's sort of what I thought till I actually started driving the thing and that changed my mind. After about two weeks, I noticed I was no longer consiously thinking about the different ratio when I slowed down. It just became second nature.

Below 40 mph it's about one turn lock-to-lock which is very handy in my condo garage, my work garage and the endless malls that blanket metro DC. Unlike New Hampshire which is mostly empty roads, lovely forests, seemingly endless open spaces and actual competent drivers, Northern Virginia is just a big parking lot, encircled by the hated Beltway which is usually packed with amazingly incompetent drivers. Tell me somewhere else where coming to a dead stop at a freeway entrance, slowly cruising the fast lane or not turning right on red when it's perfectly safe to do so is considered stylish.

Oooops, sorry, got started on the bad driver syndrom and off the subject. Anyway, I've driven AS for about a month and have come to really like it. My advice to anyone contemplating a new 5er is to test drive it (active Steering) as much as posssible and draw their own conclusions but give it a fair look especially if you live in an urban area where, inexplicably, they don't just take bad drivers out and shoot them. Go figure.
  • bmw_newbmw_new Member Posts: 6
    Guys, thanks for the reply. I am not worrying
    too much about the parking as me and my
    wife have got used to all kinds of parkings
    here in SF. I am interesting to hear if this
    option will make your driving experience
    better or worse on highway speed.

Seems like I should also go and test drive
    a car with this option equipped.
  • andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,370
    I'm delighted to hear that you guys have so much confidence in the winter capabilities of a properly-equipped Fiver. Like Shipo, I live in New Hampshire and in the hilly part ( as if there's a flat spot in the whole place).

I had an A4 Avant and quickly discovered that it'd be a good idea to equip it with good snows to keep the rear behind the front when the plow guys were late.

I'll keep you posted how I do this winter with Blizzaks on my "new" 2000 MY 528iA.

My previous rwd winter rides were sports cars and they were a lot of fun to drive in the snow because of the inherent balance of the cars. At 52/48 my E39 comes close to the weight distribution of my Fiat 124, I never even put snows on it, tho I lived in NY at the time.

Needless to say I never even attempted to drive my old 5.0 Mustang on snow-covered roads but even those work if equipped with snow tires.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

I agree about the test drive, and I will certainly do a few before I place my next order. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • designmandesignman Member Posts: 2,129
    Fiat 124... that was a cool ride!
    Hmmm, maybe I'm missing something (again, it's been known to happen ;-)), however, is there really a difference in steering ratio at freeway speeds?

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    I ran a 5 spd. 1984 T-Bird Turbo coupe as my work beater back in the mid-nineties. The guy I bought it from told me it was undriveable in the snow. I pitched the worthless General all-seasons and put H-rated Dunlop D60-A2 all-seasons on all four corners. I wound up driving the bloody thing in all kinds of winter weather. In five years I only got stuck once- I high-centered it on an 18" pile of snow. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how well your E39 handles the slick stuff.
    Above 40 mph it's the same ratio you are used to, i.e., about three turns lock to lock (like there's any road in metro DC you could actually do that on). The change in ratio occurs at or around 40 mph. It's a very subtle transition and not one you'd normally notice unless, I suppose, you were doing some sort of emergency maneuver (slamming on brakes and turning sharply to avoid an accident might get a little exiting).

Apart from banging a few curbs right after I started driving the car, I've not had any problems turning the steering wheel too much or too little.
    Okay, I think I've got it now. ;-) For an AS equipped car "Slow ratio mode"=~40 mph and above, "Fast ratio mode"=~40 mph and below. I guess for those of us who are lucky enough to drive where the roads are less cluttered, AS doesn't make too much sense. In my case, I just took a peak at my trip computer which was last reset about 5,000 miles ago, and my Average Speed was 48.1 mph, which includes a couple of trips to NYC and Long Island.

The next time I find myself shopping for a car I will take a test drive of the AS system, however, living in New Hamster, I'll probably take a pass. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    Probably a good decision. If I had the wonders of New Hampshire to drive around in rather than the politician infested, concrete intensive, no right turn on red District of Columbia I'd probably have done the same thing.

I average around 22 mph on the trip computer and I only get that much because I drive my 25 mile commute in the morning at 5:00 AM. Sigh, if only they'd let us run over the lawyers.
  • lwhitelwhite Member Posts: 18
    pen101,

Couple of question, I have a similarly equipped 2002 525. Did you lease through BMW FS and if so were you able to negotiate the buy out? Mine is $27.8K.

Why did you decide to keep your 2002 rather than lease a new one? I'm trying to decide what to do with my car when the lease is up. I love the car, but need alittle more room and maybe HP.

With regard to tires, how did you get 36K out of those horrible Michelin tires? I've got 22K of near all highway driving and they are about worn out. Around 12K they began to sound like off road mud tires and vibrated like crazy when you came to a stop. I always monitored the tire pressure and had the dealer rebalance and rotate, but no help.

If I do buy the car I plan to put P Nero M&S on it. They appear to have the best rating/cost ratio.

Thanks for your's(or other's) insite.
    lwhite, I leased through BMWFS. The lease is up Dec 29. Per advice I received from in-the know people in the BMW prices paid topic, I am waiting a few more weeks before I contact BMWFS to attempt to negotiate a price better than my contract buy-out price of $28,640. I also have plan "B" in the works, if I am unable to negotiate a better lease buy-out price with BMWFS. I do plan to have the car CPO'd. I contacted several BMW dealers to get their pricing and to learn about the process. One dealer is offering to sell me the car at the MMR (auction) price which currently appears to be slightly below my contract price. Also, just 2 weeks ago I took the car into the dealer to fix a few things and asked my service writer what can be done before the 36K free maintanence period expires on the car (my car has 35,900 now). He said complain about the breaks. Well I did, and got a $1100 brake/rotor repair at no charge. Anyways, so far I think I can get the CPO for under $2K net, plus tires.

Tires. The Primacy's are at 35,900 and counting. I just measured the tread left on them and they are at 3mm of tread all around. Legal limit is 2mm of tread. How did I get this tread life? Luck, plus I always watched the air pressure, and against what BMW suggests, had the tires rotated. To put new Primacy's on the car will cost $785 (which includes mounting, balancing, CA tire fees and 8.25% tax). The cost of the Sport PS2 is about $905. No doubt the PS2 is the better handling tire, but it is more expensive and has a shorter wear life. The question becomes will I really feel the difference if most of my driving is in bumper to bumper freeway and city traffic? Also, I must make sure that any tire I pick is BMW approved for CPO purposes. I am currently leaning towards the Primacy's (but still thinking about the PS2, especially after reading the tirerack comparison articles).

Why did I decide to buy the car? Many reasons. A big factor is that I can buy this car at thousands less than current market value. Plus, I love the looks of the car and how it drives. The 530 has ample power for me (although I always lust for a V8). I test drove the 545 and loved how it drove. It is so fast and its handling is outstanding. However, I did not like its design, some of its features and ultimately the price. I also test drove the E60 530 and felt for the additional price, that it did not significantly improve on my 530i. I also test drove the E60 525 and felt it was underpowered compared to what I am used to. Also test drove the following cars and dismissed them for various reasons: E500, E320, A6 4.2, G35 Coupe and Sedan, Chrysler 300 with Hemi and Acura TL. I also considered waiting for the new 330, but judging from the recent 7-series and 5-series track records, first year reliability might be a gamble. In sum, at $28.6 plus CPO cost, my car just seems to me to be the best choice.
    Shippo,

You and Andys120 might be right. The late '50s and early '60s RWD cars I drove in all had stick shifts and you could rock those suckers out of anything. Now with the better tires (I too am a fan of the Artic Alpins) anything is possible. We do live differently though than in l960. We work longer hours and not every family member is in for the night at 6PM as was the case in l960 in New England.

I had an appointment today at noon with the BMW dealer in Nashua, NH (name rhymes with Sully). I was expecting to close on a CPO. Neither the guy I was to meet, nor his manager were there (they had gone home sick), and the car I had left a deposit on over the phone couldn't be found even after someone pointed toward a distant lot and said that all the cars "in transition" were over there in the "transition lane". Later when I got back to Block Island (yeh, it was a long day) I checked my office email and I saw a email sent to me last night saying that the car I had discussed with them was a lease buy back (and so presumably wasn't for sale?) but that they had a better one at the same price. While in Nashua I looked around and saw a dirty mens room (hey, you're buying the whole dealership, right?) and their other franchises in the same complex actually had elevated podiums set up in each showroom so that the overly-groomed "managers" could look down on the sales guys as they worked over the prospects!

In contrast the Nashua Porche dealer a mile or two away was spotless with a great inventory, free loaners, spotless service facility and nice people. There were no podiums at their other franchise next door. The mens room was clean also. (Yeh, I had had a lot of coffee all day). But absolutely no one in the showroom. No one. Which raises the question: For 47K what's so bad about a Cayenne V6 vs. an X5?

Did I catch the BMW dealership on a bad day or is this their reputation in the Granite State?
  • andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,370
    Did I catch the BMW dealership on a bad day or is this their reputation in the Granite State?

I wouldn't buy a car there if I could avoid it. I walked out on a deal there some years back.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

Regarding Tully, I leased my 2002 530i through Park Place Motors in New Jersey (as that was where I lived at the time), and found that they were very easy to work with on the price discussions for an ED car. As for my two service experiences with Tully (or is it Tulley?), I have absolutely no complaint. Even though I leased my car through a different dealership, they were totally friendly and professional, even to the point of "Trying" a just released software update on my OBC to clear up a drivability problem that I was experiencing (I drive a stick and was having a very difficult time shifting smoothly because the engine would often stumble). New software and problem solved, and they even did it while I waited. ;-)

Due to a number of factors I'm probably going to be BMWless for a year or so starting at lease end this coming spring. After that time, my current plan is to lease a new E90 330i (three pedal version of course), and Tulley will get the first opportunity to do a deal (probably ED again), and if they don't want to play nice, then I'll look further afield. ;-)

Good luck in your search.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • bmwdougbmwdoug Member Posts: 248
    A 2001 525i, automatic, with premium package, 39,000 miles, asking price is $24500. Silver color.  Or, a 2001 325i, automatic, sport and premium package, 67,000 miles, extended warranty to 100,000 or two more years, asking price $18,900. Silver color. Both cars are outstanding condition.  Thanks for any input.