Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Nissan Rogue

ridermriderm Member Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in Nissan
Hey guys,

Test drove a 2008 Rogue today, and really liked it! I'll more than likely eventually purchase one. However, does anybody know when the 09 Rogues will hit the lot? Would it be worth waiting till the 09's come out? Will this first year have given Nissan time to iron out some of the kinks...like No Locking Gas Cap?! Are you kidding me! Not a major thing, but come on Nissan. Anyways, I've called a few dealers here and have heard "September" one even told me "January" for the 09's. Is that possible? The 2008 has some great features and everything I really need, but I'd be interested in some of the possible changes for 2009.

Anybody have any comments or suggestions? Or any idea when the 09's will be on the lot?

Thanks!

Comments

• bobalbe1bobalbe1 Member Posts: 14
    I don't think they are going to change anything for 09. Reliability for a first year model is pretty impressive so far. If any thing there will be minor changes like lockable fuel door or perhaps GPS option like the European models.
  • novanova Member Posts: 135
    I was hoping for the leather option on the 2wd. I dont need AWD. in FL.. More gas more maintenance
  • dcwestbydcwestby Member Posts: 29
    cupholders in the doors would be nice, and a bit more cushion on the driver side door windowsill [armrest/elbowrest], daylight/auto headlights would be good. Auxilary mirror mounted signals too. put the blue tinting thats at the top of the Altimas windshield on the rogue windshield. Better illuminated gas/temp/od gauge [specially when lights are on]. I'm sure theres other things.
  • ridermriderm Member Posts: 3
    Sure, I understand the Rogue isn't going to get a major "makeover". But I'm sure they will tweak some things. I'm just curious as to what. I guess time will tell. Still haven't bought one. Holding out for the 2009 Model. Whenever that might be??
  • pathtomaxpathtomax Member Posts: 215
    2009 Nissan Rogue
    The popular Nissan Rogue, which was introduced as an all-new 2008 model, receives only minor changes for the 2009 model year. Rogue continues to offer aggressive, performance-oriented styling, a powerful engine, responsive handling and a driver-focused cockpit combined with thoughtful everyday utility.

Rogue features an impressive array of standard features, including Nissan’s Xtronic CVT™, Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) and a 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS). Available equipment includes Nissan’s Intuitive All-Wheel Drive system with yaw moment control and Nissan Intelligent KeyÔ.

Rogue’s stylish, driver-centered interior environment features a high-utility cockpit-like feel that is enhanced by an available Boseâ-developed audio system, Bluetoothâ Hands-free Phone System and steering wheel-mounted control switches.

Enhancements for 2009 include:
    -Front fold-flat passenger seat, driver seatback pocket, dual-level center console tray and mood lighting for SL models
    -New auto speed-sensing door locks
    -Drive computer and outside temperature display added to SL models
    Two luggage side cargo hooks and dual visor vanity mirror illumination for SL models
    -New Leather Package option for Rogue FWD SL models
    Bluetoothâ Hands-free Phone System and Nissan Intelligent Key™ added to Rogue FWD Premium Package

The 2009 Nissan Rogue is offered in four models: S FWD, S AWD, SL FWD and SL AWD. It goes on sale in August 2008.
  • captain2captain2 Member Posts: 3,971
    Enhancements for 2009 include:
    -Front fold-flat passenger seat, driver seatback pocket, dual-level center console tray and mood lighting for SL models
    -New auto speed-sensing door locks
    -Drive computer and outside temperature display added to SL models
    Two luggage side cargo hooks and dual visor vanity mirror illumination for SL models
    -New Leather Package option for Rogue FWD SL models
    Bluetoothâ Hands-free Phone System and Nissan Intelligent Key™ added to Rogue FWD Premium Package

The 2009 Nissan Rogue is offered in four models: S FWD, S AWD, SL FWD and SL AWD. It goes on sale in August 2008.

Huh? My 08 SL AWD already has all of this - although it's good that Nissan has seen fit to add leather to the SL FWD- I had to buy the AWD model to get leather.
    It's not logical to assume the Nissan will do anything major to the Rogue for even a coupla more years, it was new in 08, is doing quite well (I think) and Japanese product cycles tend to last 4 or 5 years.
  • pathtomaxpathtomax Member Posts: 215
    I was thinking it had these already too. I have been waiting to purchase one but remembered all these things from the test drives. Good to hear it all comes with it already!

Since you have the SL AWD- does the car have "puddle lights"? The small lights in the door wells that light up the ground. I was curious and can't remember.
  • phil53phil53 Member Posts: 54
    I'm disappointed that they have not seen fit to offer dual climate control - or single climate control, for that matter (i.e., set the temperature and forget it). Most of the vehicles I've looked at do have that feature and I must admit to being a bit spoiled, since I have 2 other vehicles that do, as well. To me, that's a strike against the Rogue.
    I really like the way it drives, for a small SUV. But I'm comparing it to other vehicles which fulfill the SUV role better (more space, more capable off-road, better towing capacity, etc.) with comparable mileage. So little things like the climate control add up. :(
  • dajanidajani Member Posts: 10
    bought my Rogue S FWD brand new with 33 miles on it back in August 2008. The car drives nice and smooth, it is stylish except for one weak point. The rpm shoots up to 4000 when going up the road and goes down as it picks up speed (very annoying). The Rogue does not have the pick up power to go up hills, it drives fine on flat roads, it feels like the tranny is slipping. I contacted the service dept at the dealership where i purchased the vehicle, but they said they cannot do anything about it. Few days ago, and with 6000 miles on the vehicle I traded the Rogue with Nissan Altima SE V6. I took a a big loss trading the Rogue with the Altima. There is a big difference between the way the Altima V6 CVT and the Rogue drives. I wish I bought back then a Honda CRV SUV or a Toyota RAV4 with 5 SPEED AT.
  • kastenholzkastenholz Member Posts: 2
    I took my 2009 NIssan Rogue SL AWD into the dealer's service department to have some warranty work done. At the same time I was negotiating a trade-in of the car for a newer model. While the car was in the shop a salesman went out to evaluate the condition of the car to arrive at a trade-in value. I was not present while he was taking a look at the car. We could not agree on a price - so the deal did not got through. A few days later, when I opened the hood, I noticed something resembling coffee grounds in two places within the engine compartment. At first I suspected that what I was looking at were animal droppings. That was not the case. Did I discover some dirty trick used by the dealer? Has anyone had a simlar experience? I just cannot believe someone would do something like this.
This discussion has been closed.