Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Highlander Limited w/ NAV 2008 - Real Time Traffic Receiver?

krzysiorkrzysior Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Toyota
just bought Highlander Limited with Navigation and I'm a little disappointed
What I see I don’t have Real time Traffic option in my car (I know this service is not free).
Somebody know is it any option to install this service in my car? Does it have this option Satellite Radio?

Chris

Comments

• mdhuttonmdhutton Member Posts: 195
    I have an '08 with both NAV and SIRIUS, and there is no real-time traffic option.
  • krzysiorkrzysior Member Posts: 2
    So, we paid over $ 2000 for navigation and now we can't subscribe this service? That's not fair!!!
    High end portable Garmin NUVI GPS w real time traffic, 3D map and everything else cost around 700-800 $.
  • mtairyordgemtairyordge Member Posts: 144
    Oh it gets better....I purchase a 2008 limited with Nav/Rear Seat Entertainment/..most every option except remote start, and XM Radio. dealer wanted $960 for XM and installation. I purhcased the XM reciever and installation kit for $249 and had it installed for $125. I saved over $500 Cool

But XM does not offer real time traffic. Now I only need it when I am traveling by Wash DC on my way to south Carolina but it would still be nice to have. My wife's Acura RDX system is really cool, I decided on the HL over the MDX because of the price and better mileage.

We are taking our Garmin Nuvi with us for traffic updates. PS - - - you can do better than that price for a high end Garmin....check Newegg etc. Watch for sales.

Of course that uses MSN or Clearchannel can't remember which one, so coverage is not a wide as the XM system in the Acura. Is a theme comming through here yet.
  • citivascitivas Member Posts: 144
    Just wait until you want to use the thing during a trip while driving... Unlike the Garmin and Tom Tom, etc., it shuts down and expects you to pull over to the side of the road to use it... Check out www.toyotaisnotmymother.com -- there are thousands of people frustrated to have shelled out for Toyota's premium price peice of junk Nav system...
  • mdhuttonmdhutton Member Posts: 195
    I'm not trying to be a jerk, but your surprise at this feature not being available surprises me. If it was a feature that was/is really important to you, you should have checked more carefully before you bought.
This discussion has been closed.