Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Have you recently used your tax refund (or are you planning on using your tax refund) toward the payment of a new or used vehicle? Or, are you planning on using your tax refund toward any expenses related to your car?
If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Friday, January 25 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

Are you the parent of a generation Z child (born in the mid-1990s to the early 2000s)? Do you have differing opinions on the importance of buying a car, what types of vehicles you're interested in, or just how you view cars in general? If so, a reporter would like to speak with you and your child. Please reach out to [email protected] by Friday, January 25 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

What Would It Take for YOU to buy a diesel car?

1782783784785786788»

Comments

• fintailfintail Posts: 46,546
    edited May 2018
    OAN? Seriously? For real? The comments there say it all, deplorable.

TESC was called "the hippie college" even when I was a kid. Think of it as the Berkeley of the PNW. National Guard LOL, oh the fading cry of shriveled old authoritarians, they can't be gone soon enough.

Anti-diesel sentiment is helped greatly by ill-maintained or coal-rolling trucks and commercial rigs. Makers who cheat and are careless enough to get caught also don't help.

In any commercial battle with the current regime, our most favored trading "partner" will win as it has for years. Current dear leader adores their glorified dictator. If they want the franchise, they will get it. Certain well-connected electronics firms need to make new batteries.
  • ruking1ruking1 Posts: 18,985
    edited May 2018
    Yup, Berkeley Posers for sure! Funny how the “authoritarian next gen” WA governor to Olympia mayor nursed the (your definition) “ deplorables”along.

Can’t wait till it’s passed to another, ( the next gen) authoritarians/facists. We've already had 8 years of it. How did that work out for you ? :D B) Life has been/is good here! old/ NEW/OLD/NEW authoritarians, no real matter!

As for diesel it’s still 3 to 5 % PVF! Advantage diesel! Aid the Renaissance !

Here’s a cool TDI

https://cumminsengines.com/5L-v8-turbo-diesel?#overview

But old school M/T ‘TRUMPS’ new gen 10 sp A/T https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/2018-ford-mustang-gt-long-201700076.html

I am wanting that seven speed M/T Tremic mated it to the diesel above.
  • fintailfintail Posts: 46,546
    Yeah, another Kent State type situation would really heal the wounds. Brilliant plan from the chickenhawk generation, and I didn't see the WA Governor commenting on the completely off-topic video presented as a weird red herring. Yeah, we need brilliant nazilite sources like OAN to lead us the way forward from 8 years of false hope and change to something patterned after Jinping or Putin. I am sure OAN has some fascinating insights on vehicle fuels, too.

I live in an area of hills and gridlock. Zero desire for a manual, especially in the non-light/sporty cars I usually prefer. But I will enjoy paying less than RUG for diesel, may that last for a long time.

• ruking1ruking1 Posts: 18,985
    edited May 2018
    Indeed it was the next gens! So if one calls it chicken hearted, there is recognition in your mirror.

Hills & gridlock, I grew up in & learned in a M/T & A /T . Go diesel, we didn’t have it then,we have them now.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 104,108
    Taking a break... let me know if you have anything to say about diesel vehicles.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.