Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

VW Eurovan Battery

fbrawsr0fbrawsr0 Member Posts: 16
The battery on my 2003 VW Eurovan is dead and I need a replacement. The VW dealer is asking for almost $300. My question is can I use a Sears Diehard or does it have to be a an original VW battery? I have head that I could have electrical problems later, is there any truth to this?

Comments

• mmullettmmullett Member Posts: 1
    I went to Batteries Plus and they said they could replace mine for a very reasonable price,
  • luc3luc3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I had this van for a year, in perfect condition, exept for the refrigerator: Dometic RC 1140, from wich the compressor is not working(I had it checked). Cant find a replacement for the compressor. Can t have it fixed, can t find a replacement for the refrigerator itself(one that will fit in it s original space). Anybody have a clue or suggestion on how to fix the problem. Thank s Luc.
  • mmarmmar Member Posts: 1
    I Went to five stores to get a battery for my Eurovan. All stores were almost double the price except for Batteries Plus The price was 107.99 and they even had a ten dollar coupon at website. Total with installation was 134.66 They are located in Lynwood wa.