Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Help!Need part for Caravan Power Window Regulator

deanm1deanm1 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Dodge
My passenger side power window in my 2005 Grand Caravan stopped working. Several people mentioned how the problem is consistently an overcurrent protector (or fuse) located inside the regulator. I've followed the instructions and removed the fuse, but cannot find anyone or any store where I can purchase this part. My local Dodge dealer actually laughed at my request. Is anyone familiar with where to buy this part?
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    FIBERG1FIBERG1 Member Posts: 1
    Can you explain exactly where this fuse was located inside the regulator?
  • Options
    gitahousegitahouse Member Posts: 1
    I never heard of a fuse in the PW regulator. It has a motor and the cable assembly thingy. If there's a fuse there where did you find it? I think you just have to replace the motor or the who;e regulator (with motor). If a little fuse could be replaced and fix this problem it would be nice. Are you sure about the fuse?
  • Options
    woodyonewoodyone Member Posts: 8
    I have a 2007 Dodge Gr. Caravan. The right sliding door will not lock withthe power switch or unlock with it. It stopped over a period of a month. I can lock/unlock manually. Any thoughts?
    woody
  • Options
    hcederlofhcederlof Member Posts: 3
    There is to my knowledge no fuse in the motor/regulator.
    This discussion most likely refers to a ceramic condensator
    like the one that can be found in the top right corner of
    link to condensators img
    It is there to minimize disturbances in the electrical system that can be heard as a buzzing sound if you have the radio on while operation the window.
  • Options
    parmacparmac Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1996 Caravan and I have no power running to the HI/LO relay for the front wipers. I have checked all other relay points and they all have two Hot points. I have tried to shoot the pins and thay all are grounded?

I have verified the switch and motor work. Not sure where the power to the relay comes from? Wiper system works fine if you use the Wash feature. Other than that no movement.
  • Options
    makninemaknine Member Posts: 5
    you will not find just the ceramic piece on the motor. your best bet will be to find and replace the motor. i have found replaceing the whole track guide and regulator be the fastest way. you can find the whole assembly on Ebay for about 30-40 dollars, and should not take you more than 2 hours at the most to replace the whole system. i hope this helps you
  • Options
    parmacparmac Member Posts: 2
    Maknine thanks for the info. I did just that and it was a quick and painless job. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    woodyonewoodyone Member Posts: 8
    I have a 2007 Grand Caravan with approximately 45000 miles on it. I have only problem with it. The passenger sliding door lock only works manually. (It is not a power slider.) Is ther something inside the door that needs fixing or a fuse somewhere.
    Any help would be appreciated .
    Thanks,esf
  • Options
    zevonzevon Member Posts: 1
    How did you do it so fast ? I had troubles with the cables being loose in the regulator.
    Mine were bunched up and to just get them aligned again took me all day. I'm afraid it will just happen again and that I may have to buy a new set.
  • Options
    center_linecenter_line Member Posts: 2
    You can find used auto parts here.
This discussion has been closed.