Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry Hybrid Steering & Suspension Questions

billjcbilljc Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Toyota
I have just been notified to return my 2007 Camry hybrid for a steering problem. The dealer is vague about the issue and says that he will need the car for five hours. This sounds dramatic. Does anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• larsblarsb Member Posts: 8,204
    I had mine done last Saturday. Took less than two hours.

Here are the details:

EPS Recall PDF
  • billjcbilljc Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. Appreciate your post.
  • mikkumikku Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

I purchased a 09 Camry Hybrid in Oct 08. I am happy with the car except that it has a squeak sound on turning at low speed specifically in and out of drive ways.

I reported it to the dealer and they were able to diagnose and nail it down to bolts on left strut rubbing against the body. They fixed it (apparently with adding a washer) only to reappear after 1-2 weeks.

I have gone thru this process 5 times since and also involved Toyota customer service and Toyota technical at the start of 3rd iteration.

After the 5 retries the problem is still there. I got a call from Toyota Customer service today and they offered me to go thru arbitration. They are also open to fix it yet another time, except that I seem to be done with going in circles.

Does any one have experience with arbitration/Toyota/CA? Any suggestions on what my other alternatives could be? Would 5 repair attempts for a reproducible suspension sound call it a lemon?

Car has 4 K miles now and it first got into dealership with 1300.
  • ferupeferupe Member Posts: 1
    Im going thru the same problem with my camry 09 le, been to the dealer 3 times allready, they did a tsb st7001, replace shaft steering assy, no help, going back today , they are keeping the car all day to see if they can fix it, the noise starred after 5k , and it comes and goes, but when long drives stays steady...noise noticeable is like some hydrolic, maybe, the pump? anyone?
  • turn_on68turn_on68 Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone recommend a really complete long term 100,000 mile,84 month warranty?
  • tomaso777tomaso777 Member Posts: 1
    Let us know what Toyota did for you. I pick mine up on Wednesday the 11th of March. Hope I don't get these problems.
This discussion has been closed.