Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Corolla Electric-Assist Power Steering (EPS)

1161718192022»

Comments

• The original post stated he has tires set at 32/32, as directed.
  • gtojohnnygtojohnny Posts: 1
    Toyota has researched this problem and has determined that it is the "tuning" of the electronic control is to blame. If you go to the dealer, they have circuit boards with changed parameters to fix this issue. There actually is a test done by Toyota that shows some people are more affected by the steering than others. Note that you must specifically request this fix as it has not been issued as a recall notice!
  • I have a 2014 Corolla S (which I keep in attached garage) with EPS and my steering wheel started to be stiff when I turned on the car and then loosen-up very shortly after. I few weeks of this and then my battery went out. replaced battery and steering wheel issue went away.
  • zippy99zippy99 Posts: 5
    I rented a 2015 Kia Rio Sedan with EPS last weekend because my 2012 Corolla was involved in a fender bender.The steering feel in that Kia was tight and responsive compare to my Corolla. Obviously something need to be done here.