Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Loss of Acceleration Problem

13»

Comments

• rickcookrickcook Posts: 2
    I am the owner of an 05' Cadillac SRX since new. I have a lot of experience with most of the past comments noted, including it having took nearly two years and numerous dealer trips and dollars before finally resolving. Rather than post a long history, I will be happy to give feedback based on my experiences and knowledge of this car for any specific requests. All I can say it has been a great vehicle, serving us very well since new, except during the time we were experiencing engine codes and messages on Nav system saying reduced engine power or Stability system needing servicing. No question, we were very unhappy with that time frame and also often concerned over the safety issues caused when it would unpredictably go into a lymp or reduced power mode. But, the bottom line is these are and were very high tech cars for their production run, which was 2004 through 2010 for the first generation SRX models, although I have read prior that even the smaller 2nd gen SRX models have had similar issues.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 55,902
    edited March 15
    There's no one solution and that's the problem. The causes can be a very long list of possibilities. Only a careful step by step diagnosis can explore the various sensors and modules and their inputs and interactions. Folks sometimes ask "Where is the Stability Control System?" Well, the answer is that there isn't one. It's no one thing or one component. It only exists as a network of things.

The reason that many owners remain frustrated with the problem is that it is often misdiagnosed or diagnosed too hastily.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• rickcookrickcook Posts: 2
    I have owned an 2005 SRX with the V8 Northstar since new and can answer alot of issues from having lived through a number of the related issues. As many say, it can be a very scary AND dangerous feeling when the reduced engine power, stability track and other alert systems trigger. Many of these systems talk to each other and when one sensor, component or what have you goes bad, it can cause other system flags to set off. While each case can be somewhat different, their are typically a handful of culprits that cause them. Let me know of any specific issues and am glad to help with my past experience
  • My 2006 SRX was bought last week in ohio by a good friend helping me out since I am a disabled single mom. When driving to Texas from Ohio she said the engine purred and acceleration was quick. But after putting  $2k plus into the car, spark plugs replaced, lights replaced, brakes replaced, new tires I am finding the opposite. The acceleration is awful going up hills or coming out of a stop, the car shakes when idling, the engine light is on and today it sputtered and some smells. I know there is some gunk the mechanics are cleaning out, but the acceleration problem concerns me. I have a three year old no money and disabled. I didn't realize this was a GMC product, I would have gotten the Acura. 

I saw that this may be a transmission programming issue with the acceleration, has anyone else tried that?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 55,902
    First thing that has to happen is that a good mechanic has to hook up his/her scan tool and capture some data to see what systems or circuits are not operating properly.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

13»