Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Check out the latest from the Edmunds Editorial Team
Have you recently used your tax refund (or are you planning on using your tax refund) toward the payment of a new or used vehicle? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Tuesday, March 19 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

Heated Seats Not Working On 2009 Mazda 5

2»

Comments

• Our heated seats will warm up nice and hot, but then cool back down to a semi-warm temperature. Is that how they are supposed to work? It would be nice if they just stayed hot...

The car manual says something about them being controlled by a thermostat, but there isn't much detail.
  • vicenacvicenac Posts: 229
    Mine work exactly as you describe. I have to say, that after the initial "hotness" my bottom keeps the seat warm, just the same.
  • My seats are working much as you describe, however, it is very cold right now (temperature has been around freezing for a couple of weeks now). My seats were not working like this when it was not so cold. I am scheduled to take my car in to have the seats fixed this week. I am going to describe to the dealer what has been happening with my seats and see what happens. I'll let you all know the outcome.
  • dona83dona83 Posts: 67
    I don't know about you guys but I value my reproductive system. Getting the seats to warm to the touch is good enough for me, unless you like to drive a BMW convertible top down or something... Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, jack frost nipping at your nose. Hey it makes great birth control. :lemon:
  • vicenacvicenac Posts: 229
    Actualy I could complain about that. It warms close to the hinge, but not towards the front edge. Same with the back. It warms the lower part but nothing higher then the lombar area (not even that).
    So much for French toast.
  • Well, my heated seats are finally working. I went into the dealer and had the manufactures fix done. This is where they installed some kind of sensor pad. This was a few weeks ago. When I picked the car up the dealership told me they still didn't think the seats were working that well, so they wanted to replace the entire heated seat mechanism. I made the appointment, took the car back in, and now the seats are finally working. They still cut out a little quicker than I like - I would prefer to be able to turn the heat off the seats myself, but all in all they are much, much better and are working fine.
  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Posts: 2,345
    I read this whole thread, and it amazes me that Mazda has managed to complicate something so simple. Why have a thermostat that determines them getting power or not? That is what the switch is for. It sounds like they have a redundant thermostat somewhere and is totally not needed, and is instead interfering.

I'm glad they got you fixed. Only took them half a year too!

Cars are just getting way too complex, and in areas that it's so needless. I think my time in this world (of iPad or Pod or whatever they are, and Smart phones that aren't too bright and all the other endless amounts of techno carp both in and out of our cars) was better suited a generation before me. Then I'd be on my way out and thinking timing was just about right..
2»
This discussion has been closed.