-June 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

2009 Lincoln MKX Sirius Signal Problems

walmewalme Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Lincoln
Took delivery on my 09 MKX six weeks ago. Everything is great except constant signal loss (of a few seconds, sometimes more) on some Sirius satellite channels, specifically 77 (Broadway) and 79 (Classical Pops). Dealer says it's Sirius; Sirius says it must be the equipment. The dealer has had it back and checked it out twice. The last time (last week) the dealer had technical assistance from FoMoCo; one of their strategies was to test the Sirius on two other new Lincoln vehicles on the lot - same signal loss on the same channels. Anyone experiencing something similar?

Comments

• Options
    robinhswrobinhsw Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. i spoke to Sirius and they told me that their signal strength isn't as good as XM, and it is what it is. I never listen to the channels you do, so I guess it's a system wide issue. BTW, I also think that their Traffic Updates are useless. Sirius sent me a new link, biut it didn't help. All in all, after having XM for the past 3 years, I am totally dissatisfied with Sirius.
  • Options
    walmewalme Member Posts: 3
    Keep pushing. My issue was finally resolved when FoMoCo got tough with Sirius. Instead of dealing with the lower-level Sirius techs, the problem was escalated at Sirius and the result was a re-programming of my unit (accomplished remotely). Up to that time, the lower-level Sirius techs had "re-sent" the signal to my unit five times. That never worked; the re-programming did. So keep at it. My unit works perfectly now.
This discussion has been closed.