Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rebates, Incentives, APRs - Questions & Comments

Comments

• jaserbjaserb Posts: 858
    Should have mentioned that the first time. Does the truck also have the $1000 Mazda financing bonus cash mentioned on the Mazda web site, or is that included in the $3750?

As for the college grad cash, I got my MBA in August of last year, so I should still be eligible.

Thanks
    -Jason
  • rdyrdy Posts: 36
    Mazda3 2005 Hatchback.
    A local dealer is offering 2k off msrp.
    MSRP 17650.00 inc dest.
    Invoice 16539.00
    That puts it around $900 under invoice. So there is factory - dealer cash obviously as there doesn't appear to be customer cash anywhere I can find.....
    Am I missing something here? Where are they getting the money from and is there any more I can negotiate with?

thanks
    rdy

btw - Never bought the Ralliart Sportback - the dealer wouldn't deal enough, so it's still sitting there.
  • No problem, Jason. Utah is probably in Mazda's Western region. In that part of the country right now it is providing 0% financing for up to 5 years and 2.9% for 6 years that can not be combined with any other offers OR 2.9% for up to 5 years plus $1,000 customer cash OR $3,250 customer cash plus $750 dealer cash ($4,000 total) that may not be combined with any other offers on the 2004 MazdaSpeed Miata. As I believe that I mentioned in my previous message to you, Mazda is running a volume bonus program on most models this month that gives dealers the opportunity to earn an additional $500 dealer cash if they hit their sales targets.

The $1,000 finance bonus that you saw referenced on Mazda's web site is only for consumers who finance a 2004 Truck through Mazda Credit using its unsupported rates, which are not very attractive.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • Hey rdy. So were onto the Mazda3 instead of the Sportback huh? I personally would rather have the Mazda3 anyhow. I do not believe that Mazda is providing any sort of dealer cash on the 2005 Mazda3, so I am a little suspicious of the $900 under invoice price quote that you were given. It is providing dealer cash on the 2004 version of this car. Perhaps the price that you were given is for a leftover model.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
    Greetings Car_Man

Several dealers here have $3k off loaded 04's.

They ran this add
    '$2k off MSRP ENTIRE STOCK 05 Mazda 3's'

I called and they had 5 base units (no options)
    I got the salesman to go onto the lot and call me back with MSRP of $17650 and confirm they would accept $15650. So I am going over there later.
    I'll report back

rdy
    Update
    /WebX?displayRecent@@.ef23a61
  • Thanks for the information, rdy. It is very interesting that margins have fallen so quickly on a great car like the Mazda3. It's really a shame for dealers and the people who have already bought them, but great for you :).

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • vitavita Posts: 10
    hello again, i am wondering what kind of price i am looking at for a leftover '04 Pontiac GTO. how much dealer chash did GM pay out on them? the dealership is like family, but i want to make sure they're offering the right price when i begin to talk to them. thanks,

Tom
  • Hey Tom. In early January, General Motors paid Pontiac dealers $5,000 dealer cash for any remaining 2004 GTOs that they had in inventory. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this model in your area right now, bit I suspect that you should be able to get one for around invoice minus this $5,000. You should stop by the following discussion for more feedback on how much you should pay for this car, "Pontiac GTO: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 10,352
    As luck would have it, I test drove a GTO this past weekend. Nice ride. '04s do indeed still have the $5K GM rebate. '05s do not.

So, invoice plus $5K back from GM on an '04 is a nice deal, if you can find one you like.

'05s are going to be limited in their production....about 1/2 of what the '04s were. But, if they languish on dealer's lots like the '04s did, I don't see how GM can possibly not put a rebate on them. That's all personal opinion, though.

BTW....the '05 is strong with the 400 HP engine. The seats are among the best I've ever had my backside in with any car.
    2018 Acura TLX SH AWD ASpec
  • Does anyone have any insight, or a strong opinion, about what the rebate on a 2004 Santa Fe might be in March? According to Hyundai's website, it is $1750 thru Feb. 28.

Since I qualify for their loyalty incentive as well, I'm thinking seriously about getting a 2004 Santa Fe, since there are still a few left on dealer lots. Thanks.
  • Does anyone have any inside info on what kind of rebates are coming in the near future?
    Any information would be a great help, I'm hoping to buy in the next month or so.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,042
    There's no way to know what manufacturers will offer in the future. Why would manufacturers make that info available and hurt current month's sales? It really wouldn't be in their best interest to release future rebate info early.

There are certain historical precedents that you can all but rely on, like the annual Lexus December-to-Remember sales event, but nothing's guaranteed.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• fredvhfredvh Posts: 854
    "Car and Driver" reported this week that GM has increased the incentives on the 2005 Buick LaCrosse this week. I cannot confirm this on several sites. Could you find out what the current incentive is on the Buick Lacrosse in the North Central region? As of February 21 there was a $1500 rebate OR 0% and $500.
  • Thanks for the info, graphicguy.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • Hi fredvh. General Motors did enhance its incentives on a number of what it calls its "launch vehicles," which essentially means new products, this month. However, it has not made any changes to the Buick LaCrosse's incentives in your area in over a week. In its North Central region, General Motors is currently offering 0% financing for up to 3 years, 1.0% for 4 to 5 years, and 2.0% for 6 years or $1,000 customer cash on this car. In addition to these offers, in your area there is $500 bonus cash that may be combined with both. Lastly, GM opened this model up to its Instant Value Certificate program mid-February. This program provides dealers with a select number of $250 certificates, up to four of which may be used per sale. Dealers do not have enough certificates to use one on every LaCrosse sold, but the fact that you know about them will definitely give you an advantage during negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • Greetings richard103. Generally speaking, vehicles' incentives increase as the model year progresses. Having said this, while its incentives on the 2004 Santa Fe are a little higher in February than they were in January, Hyundai's offers on this truck have been fairly consistent over the past several months. It is very difficult to predict what manufacturers will do with their future incentives with 100% accuracy, but if I had to make an educated guess I would say that Hyundai's March incentives on the '04 Santa Fe will be fairly similar to its current program.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • Hello schafudd. If you have been in the market for a Jeep Wrangler for a while, you are fortunate that you held off on your purchase. GM, Ford, and DaimlerChrysler all enhanced their incentives on SUVs this month in response to slow sales of these models in January. DCX introduced $750 customer cash on this truck that was not available on it last month. Traditionally, DaimlerChrysler has not provided huge customer cash incentives on the Wrangler. Given its recent enhancement on this model, and this historical trend, if I had to make an educated guess I would say that the March incentives on this truck will be fairly similar to the current offers. As I mentioned in my earlier post though, it is difficult to predict what automakers will do with their future incentives with 100% accuracy. Please feel free to stop back during the first week of March and I will be more than happy to tell you what the new program on this truck is like.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum
  • I have found a new 2004 Yukon XL and need help determining what is a good price. I saw in an earlier post that Dealers were paid Jan 4 for all remaining 2004 inventory, so there are no rebates.

2004 Yukon XL MSRP ~ $43,000

Dealer will knock off $11,000. This seems a bit rich.

Any suggestions?
  • Hello watchhil. You are right, GM dealers were paid off for any remaining 2004 models that they had in inventory in early January. On this particular model, the 2004 GMC Yukon XL, dealers received $5,000 dealer cash. A base 2004 Yukon XL has a spread of just over $5,000 between full MSRP and dealer invoice. So if you were to purchase this truck for $11,000 below its full MSRP, you are probably getting it for slightly below invoice, which is a pretty good price. You may be able to get another couple hundred dollars knocked off of this truck's selling price if the dealer that you are working with is really anxious to sell it, but there wouldn't be anything wrong with buying it for $11,000 below MSRP.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper Forum