Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rebates, Incentives, APRs - Questions & Comments

Comments

• merckxmerckx Posts: 565
    There was $3,000 off from GM a 2008 Lucerne...that program ended yesterday. Another program started today('til 6/2)..$3,000 off a 2008 Lucerne.
    Do you have an idea if the incentives will increase after June 2?
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,918
    No one will be able to tell you whether or not rebates will increase on June 2nd (or decrease). It all depends on sales and how much inventory is on the dealer's lot plus other factors none of us have access to. With the way sales are so far this year, my guess is there will be more rebates this summer into the fall.
  • Hello,

Jeeps website does not give incentives, but suggests you talk to a dealer in a 'wink wink' they know what the incentives are kind of way. A few dealers claim no incentives, but one tells me there is a $500 incentive. Who to believe. Anyone know the actualy incentives dealers are gettin for Wranglers right now?

Thanks,

Hoch
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,025
    It's always worth doing the "build your vehicle" online. I had a (very kind) salesperson tell me once that if I did that, at the end of the process I'd get a coupon from Chrysler for $500 off. Sometimes they do these unannounced (or not widely publicized) 'net coupons.

Anyway... takes only a few minutes to build the vehicle, so you're not out much time if there's no coupon at the end.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• claw1claw1 Posts: 1
    Has anyone figured out the GM employee pricing rebate that is currently being offered? I can't figure out how to determine how much is deducted from MSRP or invoice. Thanks.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    Just go to GM.com and hit the right buttons...You put in your make and model and it gives you the prices.. even your local GM dealer would give it to you.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,935
    If you start here:

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/

.. it will take you to GMbuypower - and once you finish selecting
    a make \ model \ option pkg level -
    it will bring to to dealers in or near your zip.
    For each vehicle in dealer inventory the Employee Price
    will display right under the MSRP:

2008 STS (4.6L V8)

Engine: Engine, 4.6L V8, 320 HP

Transmission: Trans., 6-Spd., Auto, RWD

Interior: Ebony Nuance Leather

Exterior Color: Black Raven Exterior
    Match
    MSRP*: $61,945.00
    GMS Price: $55,295.05

* Window Sticker
    * Request a Quote

Also - if you display the Window Sticker,
    the GM Employee price also displays there...

Good luck!

- Ray
    Tempted - bought in 2005 - but not this time around.....
    2016 BMW 340i
    Addendum:

My local Caddy dealer's web site shows both
    an Employee Price AND a further, 'cash back'
    discount - at least on the 2008 STS & CTS models
    I just checked....

$4,000 on STS and $2,000 on CTS.

Makes a fairly well "loaded" 2008 STS V8 with
    MSRP = $63K
    Sell = $52K

Interesting.....
    - Ray
    May go drive one tomorrow...
    2016 BMW 340i
  • What would be a good discount for a new, held over 2007 Buick Lucerne with an MSRP of $35K? I recevied an opening proposal of $8,000.00 off, or 22.4%. I think they should go way lower than that.
  • The lease worked out great so far. It is up in March 2009. I am under allowed mileage with no excess wear and tear.

I just shopped for a new 2008 Buick under the employee pricing event, but quickly learned that they were concealing the fact that the $2,000.00 bonus for ending the lease early was offset by the ridiculous rates that GMAC was charging on the new sales finance contracts for the new purchase. GMAC will waive only 2 of my 6 payments, so you know what, screw GMAC and GM.

I may try making a deal on one of the lonely new 2007 models rusting out there. I would plan to keep for long enough that depreciation would not matter. What would be a good discount for a 2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V-8 with an MRSP of $35K?
  • jiw2jiw2 Posts: 4
    Hi, we have a deal in place in which a local dealership has located our car at a dealership across the state. It is the only new 2008 Elantra GLS with the color and equipment we want that is anywhere near where we live. It turns out that the car has some miles (through a promotional lending as a demo car) but will still be considered new (we will still get all Hyundai warranties in full, etc.). Because it has over 3000 miles, the dealer that has the car can apparently offer an additional incentive; however, according to the local dealer here, that dealer is unwilling to trade them the incentive; they want to keep it for themselves. They are willing to trade the car to this dealer, but not the incentive. As a result, we won't get this additional extra-mileage incentive passed along to us. Does this sound legit? Can dealers keep the incentive on a car they are trading to another dealership?
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 10,193
    "...I think they should go lower than that..."

I think the fact that the car has been sitting around since 2007 (maybe late 2006) warrants a DEEP discount. The fact that it is still there may indicate the dealer has dug in his feet and wants "all the money" for a car that is not in demand.

Offer what you think it's worth out-the-door. Tell them this is the only offer they will get from you. Walk if they squawk.

2015 Mustang GT, 2009 PT Cruiser, 2004 Chevy Van

• What do you think that is as a percentage?
    .. and GM added the 2009 Pontiac G8 GT.
    - Ray
    Negotiating right now.....
    2016 BMW 340i
  • GM extended the program because they did not sell all the 2008 models. This goes to show how slow the economy is right now.

I am negotiating on a new 2007 Lucerne and it is shocking how many new 2007 units are still available. Most of the dealers who have these are jerks; that's why they still have them. If they were reasonable they would have sold them long ago.
  • The current GMAC pull ahead program, waiving 2 months of payments, is tantamount to a joke.

Does anybody have an educated guess as to whether GMAC is likely to increase its pull ahead program in the fourth quarter (10/1/08)?
  • I went and looked at a dodge nitro on 01/24th the salesman gave me a figure of $7500 off MSRP. He then said that deal is only good for that day because of the new program, Employee pricing which started 01/26. He called me Monday to let me know it got worst the discount was not $7500 anymore but only $5000. wouldn't you think with slumping sales and things getting worst that it would have gotten better? should I wait to buy? future rebates?
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,918
    If you aren't in a hurry to buy a vehicle, wait. I don't see sales improving since we continue to see the unemployment rate increase (fewer buyers). If your current car can last a bit longer, just wait.
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 10,193
    "...He then said that deal is only good for that day..."

Have you checked to see if he's telling the truth? While rebates change they usually do so at the beginning of the month. It's an old salesman's tactic to tell you the price is only good today so you feel a sense of urgency.

Check with Chrysler (corporate not a dealer) to confirm that the rebate changed at the time the salesman said it did. If he was telling the truth I would go back to him when the rebates are more to your liking. If he was lying, avoid him like the plague.

You can get some pretty good idea of current rebates here on Edmunds. Good luck.

2015 Mustang GT, 2009 PT Cruiser, 2004 Chevy Van

• Hello, I received a letter in the mail from a local dealer for $7000 off the price for certain new vehicles. They indicated that their pricing is based on Edmunds so my question is, should I expect the $7000 off what edmunds is currently showing for the TMV price or is the $7000 already built into the TMV price?

Thanks
  • dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 4,553
    What do YOU think? ;)

When dealers (or any retailers) tell you your price is "$XX off" (discounted) it's ALWAYS vs highest reference price they can find - most of the time it's MSRP. Translation: the letter says "Edmunds TMV say it's $7000 off MSRP and we are offering it you" tax, tag, title, dealer fee, WAC, only on selected vehicles in stock

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Well the letter does not much anything about Edmunds, that was communicated over the phone. So my thinking is that it's 7k off the MSRP, but if Edmunds says the TMV is $1000 less than MSRP then the 7k should be coming off the TMV price. Is my thinking correct on this?

My argument back to the dealership if they say the 7k is built into the TMV price is that TMV is based on vehicles sold, this "incentive" does not start until this weekend.
  • steine13steine13 Posts: 2,562
    let me rephrase what dino said:

the letter is meaningless.

ifyou want to buy a car, do your research, pay market price.
    ignore all dealer advertising, pay attention to manufacturer offers only.

-mathias
  • fezofezo Manahawkin, NJPosts: 10,330
    Indeed, price is an amazingly elastic term. there's a Hyundai dealer in NJ that advertises like mad that all prices are 30% off the dealer posted price.

You can probably figure out taht the dealer pads all the cars with enough cheap mop and glow and what have tiy to bring the price of the car 30% over MSRP. what you get is a car for list price that they pretend is a bargain. You'll find the same trick with different phrasing everywhere.
    2013 Mazda 5 Grand Touring, 2010 Toyota Prius IV. 2007 Toyota Camry XLE, 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999 Mazda Miata
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,059
    Interesting. A 30% discount off of a 30% markup works out to a 9% discount.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • I am thinking of purchasing a 2009 RAV4 in the next few days. There are no incentives and offers right now. When are offers released? Is there anyway to find out what they are before they are officially released?
  • mrusellmrusell Posts: 3
    :confuse:
    I am ready to purchase a 2009 Malibu. Tomorrow (March 2) is the last day for the current rebate which is $2750. Should I wait and will the rebates get better or worse?
    Please help! I need a new car and not sure if I should wait another couple of days to see what the new offers will be. Anyone know what they will do?
  • zq8zq8 Posts: 82
    I would wait till Tuesday for new incentives.
  • mrusellmrusell Posts: 3
    So you think I should sit tight and wait? I felt rushed to purchase tomorrow but I know I will kick myself if the rebates go down since a $2750 rebate isn't bad but If I can get more that would be awesome. I am hoping they stay the same or increase for March 2009. I just hope the car I want is still available. It's a gamble but I think I will wait and hope for more.