Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European Delivery Experiences, Advice and Info

Comments

• Anybody have any experience with the eurobuyers.com website with or without ED?
  • ger3sfger3sf Posts: 29
    Are the posted ED prices for Mercedes Benz non-negotiable? If they are negotiable, what's a reasonable discount? Thanks.
  • aukemaaukema Posts: 19
    I am interested in a reasonable negotiable ED price on a x3 3.0i for a June delivery date. Below is the invoice and MSRP prices with the options.
                   INVOICE MSRP
    BASE $30,720 $33,760
    Prem Pack 3,005 3,300
    Xenon 730 800
    Paint 430 475
    Glass 320 350
    Delivery 695 695

What premium over invoice? If local dealers won't negotiate can I order out-of-state and still have it delivered to my home town? Has anyone used out-of-state dealers? Any downside? Thanks
  • wibblewibble Posts: 569
    As per title. Thanks!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,025
    I'm trying to send someone over here from the XC90 discussion who wants to do Euro delivery.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• wibblewibble Posts: 569
    I used to work for Volvo in Sweden and the Netherlands sosend 'em on over!
  • Hi Wibble - since you mentioned you used to work for Volvo in Sweden, maybe you can help...
    I am thinking about using the expat program (TDS) from Volvo for a new S40 since I am currently living in Denmark and will be returning to the US within a year. So, here are a couple of questions...
    Can I extend the car stay in Europe past 6 months, say on a month to month basis after the first 6 months?
    Also, is there any negotiation room in the Expat price, say for options or accessories?
    Thanks for your help in advance.
  • I am interested in the OSD program for the 2005 XC90. Can you tell me more about taxes or saving on taxes? Does Volvo only discount on the base price, but all options are at the non-negotiable MSRP?

Any info would be much appreciated!
  • cassidymcassidym Posts: 108
    I just bought a BMW 545 through the European Delivery program. The salesman I ultimately bought from told me that ED would lower the MSRP by $5000 and we negotiated from there. I got another $2000 off by using the invoice pricing I had obtained from Edmunds and bargaining with that. Then, I traded him my feeble old 1986 325 for the HUD upgrade.

I also negotiated with another salesman from a different dealer and when I asked him how much I would save off the price of the same car if I used European Delivery, he hesitated for a second then said I save $3000. I wished him a good day and left.

Delivery in Munich went off flawlessly and I recommend it to anyone especially if you intend to vacation in Europe. I didn't use my car on the vacation because I was reluctant to drive it around the French Riviera which was our destination. One look at their driving practices convinced me I'd made the right decision. Also, I needed the car back in the US as soon as possible

The dealer I bought from mentioned nothing about tariffs or any other charges.
  • I'm interested in buying an S40 Volvo 2005 model. I have several questions.

I understand the details of the OSD program. It sounds good.

My questions are:

1) Is the OSD price negotiable?

2) I heard the price is reduced by 8% off Retail -- is that correct?

3) Can you lease an OSD car?

4) Will dealers attempt to take additional profit during the process of buying an OSD car by inserting fees, dealer installed parts, etc?

5) What "hidden costs" are there? Docking fees? Local taxes? Anything else?

6) this one's for fun -- what did any of you OSDers pay in total gax prices on one of your two week trips? :-)

Thanks in advance!
  • costascostas Posts: 1
    Dealer Cost?

A flat is paid to the Dealer.
  • kasumikasumi Posts: 3
    I am interested in this to for a Volvo S80 - based on Volvo's pricing on their website the model I want with some extras is pricing at $36650 about $1000 below invoice. I see Volvo has some incentives- can I use these to get the car down much more?

Thanks-

K.
  • I'm considering buying a new Volvo S60R and getting it through Volvo's European Delivery Program. Obviously Edmund's True Market value isn't going to be of much use in my negotiating. Does anyone know if there are deals to be made on the price, even though it's much lower than the normal MSRP? What arguments can I use with the salesperson?
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 8,862
    OSD prices are fixed. The dealer gets a small fee from Volvo to process the sale but unless they are willing to give that up, you won't find a discount on OSD.

Sometimes Volvo might toss in something extra if they have prebuilt OSD vehicles ready to go.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 25,367
    No. It has to be a car that is sold here. When you do Euro delivery, you are getting the exact same US model that you would get at the dealer. basically, you just get to use it over there before they put it on the boat and ship it over here!

2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4i Limited Tech (mine), 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's) and 2015 Jetta Sport (daughter's)

• parzamparzam Posts: 1
    Can anyone comment on making a ED in mid Dec or Jan (winter)? Any and all thoughts are appreciated, pro and con.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 25,367
    get heated seats. I would also avoid Volvo unless you like the dark.

2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4i Limited Tech (mine), 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's) and 2015 Jetta Sport (daughter's)

• saigonboi21saigonboi21 Posts: 150
    i am new to this forum- im looking to buy a new bmw within a month or so. I was wondering if anyone ehre can tell me how much i can get a 2006 325i with Premium, Xenon, and Auto for. I 've read about european delivery but am not sure if it would help that much. thanks
  • sadone1sadone1 Posts: 1
    In May 2004, I took European delivery of a new 911 GT3. I paid $2250 to Porsche Factory for this great experiance. And my Wife and I wanted to see the area in Germany where this beautiful car is built. Well Porsche decided that after I paid them all this money up front that they would take my car out and put some hard miles on my new car. After I dropped the car off at the Factory in Stuttgart for final shipment to my dealer for me to take U.S. delivery, they drove my car a grueling 132 miles to see how good it runs on the Autobahn or maybe they took it to the track, who knows. The European delivery person told me that she was sorry. Porsche has never offered anything to me, in the past year, for the agravation this extra addition of miles has had on me. And by the way the millions of bugs they killed when driving the car were still on the car.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 8,862
    And by the way the millions of bugs they killed when driving the car were still on the car.

Hmm - that's interesting. I know that Volvo requires that you drop off a clean car when doing Euro delivery so they can wrap it in plastic. Perhaps the miles were put on here in the US?
  • dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 4,562
    2) Automobiles in Western Europe tend to be 30% cheaper than they are in the U.S., with the exception of in the U.K.

I don't know where you got this info. Cars in Europe are way more expensive than in US. It varies from brand to brand. There may be appearance of lower price just because engine trims (they sell small 4 cylinders there, anything bigger is uncommon) and equipment standard in US is optional. I cannot speak for all Europe, but I checked my home country and e.g. Volvo S40 2.4i ($25K-30) was close to $40K for similar config. Same with VW, same with Saab. BMW and MB had smaller difference, generally for higher models, the difference (in percent) was smaller.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• 530ir1150r530ir1150r Posts: 263
    We purchased a 2002 BMW 530i, Sport Package, 5 speed through BMW's European Delivery Program. Delivered on July 4, 2002. This July 6th we will take delivery of a 2005 Saab 9-3 Arc Convertible; July 4th did not work with our travel schedule.

BMWs are discounted 7% of the base price(not options), but include insurance; Saab 9-3 Arc Convertibles are discounted over 11% (including options)plus $2000 travel reimbursement; insurance is purchased separately. Advantage-Saab.

BMW meets you at their gate and walks you into their Delivery Center. Saab meets you at the train station, ferry terminal or airport in Gothenburg, chaeuffurs you to Romman Inn, pays for a 3 course dinner, pays for your room and chaeuffurs you to their Delivery Center in the morning. Saab's Delivery Center has to be very terrible not to be Advantage-Saab.

BMW's sticker is negotiable. Saab's is a factory program run by their North American Distributor. Advantage-BMW.

After we return I will add to this concerning delivery experience(BMW's is excellent), car condition(BMW was detailed perfectly and had a full tank of gas and 1.6 miles on the odometer, 1.9 on the trip odometer), drop off experience(Harms in London was seamless) and later delivery time(BMW arrived in Paducah, Ky 40 days after drop off) and car condition(again detailed perfectly and with a full tank of gas).

I would not trade my BMW for anything today. I hope the Saab experience continues to better BMW's. The only problem so far is GM's Employee Pricing Program. There is very little difference with list prices now and resale will be impacted forever. This is the 4th time I've been GMed.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 64,743
    You are doing ED on your Saab convertible? Is that in Trollhattan?

Did you do the deal in Lexington? Blackhorse?

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Picking up in Trollhattan, dropping off in Gothenburg via Oslo, Lillehammer, Svag(?), Upsalla, Visby, Copenhagen and Skagen.

Quantrell Cadillac, Volvo, Hummer has had the Saab franchise for about a year. Ours is there first ED sale. Our saleslady actually works Volvos, but handles all of their EDs. She said Saab was much better to work with than Volvo.

I'm hoping Swedish and Danish beaches with a Saab Convertible are just as nice as Switzerland with a BMW.
    Wow... sounds cool...

My family always bought their Caddys from Quantrell.. I grew up a stone's throw from there....

Danish beaches.. hhmmmm....

We're starting to get antsy, we leave Friday. Tourist information from Denmark indicated that all Danish beaches are clothing optional. I do not know if that is a good thing or scary.

Skagen sounds like the Danish Key West. Our only concern is sleeping with 20 hours or more of daylight.
    Clothing optional...

If I'm looking.. it's good

If I'm participating... It's not so good... :surprise:

I find drinking heavily helps me fall asleep... no matter what it looks like outside.. ;)

Sounds like a great time... and getting a new droptop won't hurt, either...

regards,
    kyfdx

I'm not so sure that looking is always good. Local wines and beers are always part of cultural investigations, though, which might help some looking.
This discussion has been closed.