Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Any Questions for a Car Dealer?

Comments

• toyotakentoyotaken Posts: 897
    The interests rates are going to vary depending on where you live to some extent. With the steady rise in interest rates from the Federal Reserve, I haven't seen rates in the 4's in several months. Most are in the high 5's to low 6's up to 60 months from what I've been seeing latey anyway...

Hope this helps.

Ken
  • alfoxalfox Posts: 716
    ...I'd put the money into a cruise and kick back some. Life's too short.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    Ah...yes! There is NOTHING like a cruise!
  • denisemanndenisemann Posts: 1
    We purchased a vehicle from Gwinnett Place Ford, Georgia they did the financing through Ford Motor Company, After a year my daughter had a wreck vehicle totaled then we found out our insurance company would not cover but 75% of the loan due to it having a salvage title .Is it legal in the state of Ga. to sell a vehicle finance a vehicle without disclosing any information to the consumer or the company financing the product?? Is there any legal I can do to make Gwinnett own up to this? We lost a total of around 10,000 on this ordeal any advice or legal steps I need to take would be appreciated.
  • toyotakentoyotaken Posts: 897
    I don't know what the laws are in Georgia, but you could make some calls to the DA in your locality to find out if it is something that needs to be disclosed prior to the sale. I know that here in NY state, it is a requirement to disclose vehicles with salvage titles.

Ken
  • danf1danf1 Posts: 935
    The title would have been branded as rebuilt. I can't tell you if any more disclosure is required by Georgia law. It may be a case of buyer beware. Always read what you are signing. You definitely need to speek to a lawyer about this. Good luck and I hope your daughter is alright.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 33,282
    remember, if you financed, you probably never saw the title itself. It would have to be disclosed.

This has to be about the last thing a dealer would want to get out (assuming they are reputable), that they are trying to pawn off salvage cars as legit, even if buried someplace on one of the many forms you sign it is disclosed (you know, the slew of stuff you sign to let them do the DMV work, etc.).

I'm not a lawyer, but sometimes there is legal, ethical, and what you get when a news van and a consumer affairs reporter shows up.

First step, of course, is to get your paperwork in order, and meet in person with a decision maker at the dealership. What they say can help define your next steps.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

• liferulesliferules Posts: 531
    Mav,

The S4 is a blast of a car! Congrats and enjoy the car. I agree with the others, though, in that you shouldn't let the car buying process stress you too much, it will ruin the otherwise fun of getting a new car.

I also agree that if you plan to keep any expensive car past manufacturer's warranty period, you may want to consider extended warranty. Certainly Audi's aren't the most reliable compared to Lexus, etc... so its even more applicable for them. That being said..I'd prefer to drive an S4 over most "more reliable" cars out there. Just as reliability is a factor to consider when buying, so is "fun factor", IMO.

Last point, I believe the S4 shares the engine with the A6 4.2 and their reliability is mid-pack last checked (certainly not something to be proud about, but not something to avoid either)...

Good luck.
  • ronstoyronstoy Posts: 55
    I am looking at a new Toyota, doc fees are about $239 to $260 depending on the dealer. What is this for? My wife would love to go to the DMV to get the paperwork/license for $250. Is that all the doc fees are for? Can you volunteer to get your own plates and not pay the fee?
  • ellusionz21ellusionz21 Posts: 59
    I've read a few places where people get good deals by going thru a fleet manager. Who are fleet managers? How do these people get ahold of them? And what kind of deals can they get this way?
  • blh7068blh7068 Posts: 375
    "It's not that hard to quality for the best rates. You do need above average credit though."

Isell-

When I financed my 05 Accord last march- I didnt qualify for the best rate and that was with 707 score. The F&I guy said I needed 720(equifax) to get 2.9. I had to settle for 3.9.

Thats the first time I didnt qualify for the best rate when financing a new vehicle.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Posts: 2,882
    I've been thinking of working in sales part-time (25-30 hrs/week) at our local Carmax. They're advertising for part-time sales help. Hey, college age teenagers are VERY expensive with tuition, car insurance, etc. Does anyone have any advice, good or bad, about Carmax as a place to work to supplement income?
  • rroyce10rroyce10 Posts: 9,359
    .............. Don't drink the water ..................

Terry.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 8,863
    Most dealers charge documentation fees to process all the paperwork involved with the sale of the car. That being said, that price is overboard. IMHO, $50-100 max.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 8,863
    If you are buying a fleet of vehicles, those are the people to work with. If not, you will most likely be turned over to a sales person on the floor.
    How about ZERO?
  • bobstbobst Posts: 1,783
    There is thread devoted to that topic in this DG.
    I was just wondering what all the fees were and are they a set price or something the dealers can raise or lower. The price of the car is what you end up haggling over first correct? Then they give you the tag, title, and other fees? I live in the Orlando area incase anyone knows the price of them there, if not I have no problem researching them. Just want to primarily know if this is something else I need to work over with a sales person or if its set in stone, and what the list of them all are. Thanks :)
  • cocoa40cocoa40 Posts: 3
    HI!
    WE ARE LOOKING TO BUY A FORD 500 & A FORD EXPEDITION BOTH 2005 YEAR, NEW. WE ARE PURCHASING IN THE ST. LOUIS AREA.
    IT SEEMS TO ME PURCHASING 2 VEHICLES AT ONE TIME WOULD GENERATE SOME GREAT SAVINGS IN ADDITION TO THE REBATES.
    WE WENT TO OUR LOCAL DEALER WHOM WE HAVE PURCHASED 4 OTHER FORD VEHICLES FROM PREVIOUSLY. ALL THEY REALLY OFFERED WAS THE REBATES AND OUR A- PLAN WHICH IS BECAUSE I HAVE FAMILY WORKING AT FORD. AM I BEING UNREASONABLE TO THINK WE SHOULD RECEIVE FURTHER DISCOUNTS?
    ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS I HAVE NEVER REALLY BARGAINED WITH THEM MUCH BEFORE. BUT I WANT TO STAND MY GROUND THIS TIME I'M JUST NOT REALLY SURE WHAT MY GROUND IS.
    THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!
    You sound like a newbie as far as car buying goes. I'd suggest taking someone with you that knows what they're doing. There are some real "snake pits" here in O-lando. Let me know what you're looking for and I might know a decent dealer or sales person.

IMO, all dealer add-on fees are pure profit and should never be part of the transaction, things like doc. fee, advertising fee, this fee, that fee, are just ways for the dealer to attempt to make more money. I've had some insist on an advertising fee, which I just deduct from what I'd normally offer.
    I'm planning on getting a new car when I'm done with school, which will be in a year or two. Just studying up so I know what to expect and do when I'm ready. I was checking out those mazda3's they seem real nice.
  • bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    You can get A-Plan (which also means no Doc fees), plus rebates and are wanting more?

A-Plan is under invoice.

Take it and be happy.

Or wait for higher rebates.
  • benderofbowsbenderofbows Posts: 544
    When trading in any vehicle to an average dealer:

Does the dealer care if there is any of the manufacturers' original warranty left?

All other variables such as model year and seasonal demand aside, will I get any more money by trading in before the warranty ends or does it matter if I wait until it has none left?
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    A-plan is a fixed price, dealer can't negotiate no matter how many cars you are buying.
    Take it and be happy.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    Available warranty is a factor but not usually the determining one.
  • Some makes do though.....My dealership only sells Certified Pre Owned, and If the customer is trading in a CPO, and it is under 75k and less than 5 years, it can be pre-certified and it costs us less for the complete certification. Im not talking 1000s of dollars of difference. For Example, a customer on traded in a 2002 A4 with 46K miles on it, that was purchased Certified. According to Edmunds the TMV trade in was approx 17200. We gave her 18500 with no over allowance. Mostly because she serviced here and it was a CPO. And a desirable color. It just all depends..... :blush:
  • cadillacmikecadillacmike Posts: 543
    You have it essentially correct, except that from what I know the interdepartmental charges are at cost not retail levels.
  • danf1danf1 Posts: 935
    In most industries I would say that you are correct, but in the car business interdepartmental charges are more commonly at retail. I know they are at my store.
  • rroyce10rroyce10 Posts: 9,359
    .. **but in the car business interdepartmental charges are more commonly at retail** ...

Depending on the store, it may not be "retail" but darn close to it .... cost.? kinda rare occurrence ..

Terry.
  • wonswons Posts: 10
    Should I be wary of this? I had assumed that I would find a registration and possibly service records. Apparently there are no records with the car, either.
    I have always purchased new cars previously, so I'm new to the game of used cars.
This discussion has been closed.