Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High End Luxury Cars

Comments

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    The recent Hyundai posts have been moved to the Luxury Lounge where the subject is already under discussion.
  • deweydewey Posts: 5,251
    GERMANY: Porsche no longer ruling out diesel
    19 March 2007 | Source: just-auto.com editorial team

Article summary:
    Porsche's head of research, Wolfgang Dürheimer, has said that Porsche is not ruling diesel out completely.

link title

I dont know the details of the article above since I have no intention of registering to their site. BUT based on the few words above I am almost certain Porsche will use VW TDI engines and specifically for the Cayenne they will use the V10 TDI offered in VW Touraregs.

With Porsche's close ties to VW it makes no financial sense whatsoever to develop new diesel engines from scratch
    Hey folks is there anybody still alive here?
    It's so quiet here I can hear the crickets.
    Is it still too early to write up and post a eulogy for this once very lively site?
  • tagmantagman Malibu, CaliforniaPosts: 8,441
    The Luxury Lounge has become the favored place it seems.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    And who was it who told everyone to come over there? Hmm, I can't quite remember... ;)
    Am I being paranoid or do I feel a finger is being pointed at me. ;)

Nope it wasn't me. It was Designman sometime last year that had invited the folks here to join the Luxury Lounge.

After vacating in that luxury lounge these past few months I have really begun to appreciate your services as a host. At first I liked the more carefree and uncensored atmosphere. But now the lounge is afflicted with an overwhelming amount of drivel.
    I remember when I left the International Auto Show last Thanksgiving that one of the luxury cars that impressed me was the Mercedes S600. AutoWeek has a lot of compliments to heap on this wonderful S600 luxury sedan from Mercedes Benz. Here's the review that is so perfectly appropriate for this forum:

link title

TagMan
    Now how's this for an S600 killer?

link title
  • designmandesignman Posts: 2,129
    "Nope it wasn't me. It was Designman sometime last year that had invited the folks here to join the Luxury Lounge."

You have your facts wrong. I started that thread but never once mentioned it here. You were the one who issued a "change of address" notice here and proclaimed that you would have a "new residence" over there. Have you sold the house again? It doesn't matter... I like to think we are all friends, regardless of which thread we meet in.

;-)
    Have you sold the house again? It doesn't matter... I like to think we are all friends, regardless of which thread we meet in.

Nope I am still a citizen of the world and I will not restrict myself from visiting any Edmunds forums. Except I have no intention upon visiting the "Edmunds Geo Metro Window Regulator Problems Forum". ;)
    You are correct D-man. It was indeed Dewey who recently invited us to the Luxury Lounge. I recall checking out the forum myself, and I also recall that it was around that time that the BMW financials and BMW lease/residual stuff became the debate for many days, particularly between Dewey and brightness. That forum was burning hot for a few days.

Anyway, we're all still hanging around here... and that's the good news. Little by little we also seem to learn a bit more about each other in the process. One day in the far away future, we're all going to agree to meet at a car show and have a great big laugh... or... perhaps shock the hell out of each other... well, maybe NOT.

But, at this point in time... I'm still waiting to hear from blkhemi regarding his shiny new Jag XKR. What's the scoop on THAT?

TagMan
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,301
    How about a spot of Kona at Spago's at the Four Seasons, Maui instead?

Let's agree to keep the "drivel" limited to accommodate everyone at the table. Only HELC talk allowed! ;)
    Yes, you are right... Spago's is much better, but it would be much harder to keep "on topic". :)

TagMan
    We'd have to fly a couple of hosts down as moderators.
    We'd have to fly a couple of hosts down as moderators.

In that case, I vote for THIS kind of Hawaiian host...

:shades:

TagMan
    LOL!

But this host will have to be armed with a spear in case things get rowdy while discussing inflated residuals ;)
    I guess Detroit during a cold January would most likely be the spot to go to.

Warm compared to Toronto?

TagMan
    But this host will have to be armed with a spear in case things get rowdy while discussing inflated residuals

Brightness will behave just fine. After all, if we ever need to find him, all we need to do is look for the guy with the Bobcat fixing up that property, with the Saab in the driveway. ;)

TagMan
    This post is dedicated to Merc. I just know he would like this car.

The article:

link title

And one of the photos...

Here's to you, Merc! :)

TagMan
    And with those last 4 words, you hint at the real reason for the HELC slowdown. :(
    And with your nostalgic toast, you imply the real reason for the loss of HELC momentum.

Alas! :(
    Yes... I'm afraid so. No more "Doc vs. Merc", either. At times, that was better than HBO boxing. ;)

Oh well...

So, Hpowders, what do you think of that 40th anniversary edition? It really is sweet, isn't it? (Except for the wheels, maybe).

TagMan
    I hope Merc comes back soon.

4.4 seconds sounds about right. A serious engine.

Those wheels look to me like something I would expect on an Infiniti M45. :(
  • brightness04brightness04 Posts: 3,151
    With hosts like that I doubt I will have much time running the Bobcat ;-) BTW, neither the Bobcat or the Saab will be visible from the public road, not even the house for that matter. I actually missed the driveway entrance altogether the first time I went there. I had a 75ft driveway with the house where I was living a few years ago, but this 200+ft "trail" in the woods, before hitting a 75ft diameter circular where the structures are located, is something else. That's why the Babcat will be necessary to begin with; the Saab would be hopeless when snow storm hits as it had plenty difficulty struggling up the 75ft straight one-way driveway a few years ago after heavy snow. The modern HELC's are only beginning to be re-acquainted with vehicle height. OTOH, it won't be long though before they get to the height of R class or the pre-1970's Rolls sedans.
  • iceman2iceman2 Posts: 23
    In the Chicago area - BMW dealer has a NEW leftover 2006 750i. They want it off the lot and willing to deeply discount. I'm having a hard time finding new pricing/invoice info on '06's. Looking to negotiate a steep discount, then a great lease. The car's sticker as follows:

Car $71,800
    Luxury Seating
    Premium Sound
    Comfort Access
    Satellite
    Rear Shade
    Total MSRP $79,990

Any thoughts on price to offer?
  • esfesf Posts: 1,020
    I haven't been to this forum in days.

What happened to merc?

We fought a lot last year in the RS4 forum. It was entertaining. He's quite bright.

'06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet • '04 Lexus RX330
  • esfesf Posts: 1,020
    Start at $65K and go up. Don't go past $72,000.

That may be a bit aggressive, but I'm an aggressive person.

'06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet • '04 Lexus RX330
  • designmandesignman Posts: 2,129
    Invoice is around 13% off MSRP so if you consider that we are 4 months into the new calendar year, I would add another 1/3 to that which brings it to 17.33% off at $66,128. That's the MOST I would pay. Add incentives similar to those they have had in the past and that price could plummet even more, to the tune of maybe $60K. That's what I would offer and if they ask what your offer is based on explain what I have just said. Also, throw in the fact that the car has already depreciated because of its age and that the 7-series isn't a hot seller to begin with.
  • drfilldrfill Posts: 2,484
    I heard my name......briefly...fleeting almost. :blush:

Anywho, did anyone catch the LS Hybrid (LS600h) commercial during SportsCenter?

438HP Hybrid. The ad more or less compares it to dragsters with jet engines.

Referred to as "The New Fast", it is shown blurring the landscape, quietly.

Summer '07. ;)

DrFill