Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High End Luxury Cars

Comments

• blkhemiblkhemi Posts: 1,717
    Close your eyes and wish upon a shining star. You'll never know what that hefty leather wallet of yours may behold.
  • sysweisyswei Posts: 1,804
    Try to be more logical. You are the one who brought up the Flying Spur and Phantom, right here.

[link corrected]
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,302
    Well I could possibly see an S550 in my future but the Phantom will never happen for me.
    Maybe so, but YOU had the wisdom to make the following analogy:
    LS:S Class = S Class:Phantom
  • blkhemiblkhemi Posts: 1,717
    My you're very good at twisting things. Ever think of becoming a acrobat? Re-read your link and it will prove I never said the cars are in the same class. What was said was a insecure person would opt to purchase an irrational car such as those heavyweights. Please don't dig that whole any deeper, you may dig to China.......
    Why on Earth would a insecure person want a car that is as attainable(in other words-readily avaiable) like an S-Class?

If the S is so attainable, why do you claim that many LS owners would buy one, but don't because they can't afford one? If they can't afford one, doesn't that mean by definition, that it isn't so easily attainable? Please try to be logical in your thinking. Please.
    What was said was a insecure person would opt to purchase an irrational car such as those heavyweights.

And what I'm saying is that not all insecure people can afford cars in the Phantom and Flying Spur price range. Why do you find it so hard to accept a statement like that?
    corrected the link in this post. It was supposed to point to blkhemi, not hpowders.
  • oacoac Posts: 1,594
    How does a German car be the #1 car of choice in a Asian market, even more so in emerging markets?

BlkHemi, I haven't caught up to the rest posts but wanted to answer your rhetorical question here: As someone who spends time in Japan annually, I have come to know that the name "TOYOTA" is the gold-standard in Japan. That was why the Celsior was branded a Toyota in Japan, and an LS in the rest of the world. The Celsior is the real deal Lexus. Made specifically for a purpose... not in the true traditional Toyota production, but raised to a bar never before seen within Toyota. To know more about the LS, visit any Lexus dealer and read up on the making of the LS.

By contrast, just like America favors foreign goods over locally produced ones, same it is in Japan. The thirst for foreing cars - BMW, MB, Audi, VW - makes these cars good sellers in Japan. Class is important and these German marques brings that to the uber-rich Japanese. Lexus will take some time to grow its name brand in its local market. With time we'll see if Lexus becomes a recognized brand in its home country to rival its German competition. But I suspect it will take a very long time to happen, due to the reasons I laid out earlier.
  • ljflxljflx Posts: 4,690
    You keep trying to incite today Hpowders. First its a post about the LS being an overdone Toyota that no one bit on and now this absurd post. You must be bored to death today or maybe those BMW sales figures bothered you yesterday. A long time ago we discussed the Lexus story off of one of these left field clueless posts of yours. No need to rehash or waste people's time all over again. So get real and while you are at it create something worth discussing instead of trying to start another flame war for your own entertainment.

blkhemi and syswei - too bad you both fell for his post. This is exactly what the guy was trying to accomplish.
  • brightness04brightness04 Posts: 3,151
    Your own post is full of baloney, here is why . . .

Jaguar was first and foremost a sporting car brand built by makers of motocycles and sidecars (similar to BMW). Its success rooted in rally success of the pre-WWII era . . . not the overpriced lemons of the 70's and 80's. The overpriced lemons of the 70's and 80's only turned Jaguar into a Ford brand.

Reliability is at the root of almost every luxury car brand's rise to prominence, including MB's own. How long an empire can survive past its prime is an interesting study.
    LS was a car primarily engineered for the US market. The other Toyota luxury brand, Crown, engineered for their markets, do far better than A8. BTW, A8 doesn't have to be built in those bureacratic countries before it enjoys the official blessing: having a lot of A4 and A6 built there would do just fine. Didn't MB executives get busted for bribing foreign officials only a few years ago? Same story.
    With zillions of car brands in China, it's hard for any mature Western/Japanese brands not to be in tier 1. For what it's worth, VW/Audi has been in the Chinese market the longest among all Western/Japanese brands; yet, it just lost the sales leadership to GM there last year!
    "And will continue to grow...."

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    "Bikhemi and Syswei- too bad you both fell for his post."

Guess they don't have your awesome insight which seems to be if you don't like a post with a ring of truth to it, you resort to condescending character assasination.

In one post you managed to insult 3 of us-Blkhemi, Syswei and me.
    They responded to me, not because they "fell" for my post, but because they saw the merit in it.
    Uhhh...BMW sales of the 5 series are up 12.8% for the first 7 months of the year.
    Sales of the 7 Series are up 11.4% for the first 7 months of the year.

The results are fantastic!

Even better, the S Class sales are up an astonishing 95.8% for this year.
    Yes. Looks like the new LS doesn't stand much of a chance.
    My condolences. Heh! Heh! :blush:
  • tagmantagman Malibu, CaliforniaPosts: 8,441
    Anybody who gets an S Class can get an LS, but not all LS buyers can step up to the price and prestige of the magnificent MB S Class- unanimously praised as one of the greatest sedans in the world-and priced accordingly.

You are on a roll tonight hpowders.

I guess you remember when I first posted that statement a couple of months ago, and you embraced its true meaning and replied about "logic 101" at the time.

Keep up the good work.

TagMan
    Seems like whenever the truth is revealed, the guy from Joisey has to resort to insults instead of debating.

When I mentioned the LS is a rebadged Toyota, which is a fact, I am told I must be having a bad night and am looking for a war.

I understand his frustration-being duped by Toyota like that.
    "Keep up the good work."

We are entrusted with a noble task,Tagman-defending the best vehicles in the world in their price-class from irrational attacks by the sonambulant gated-shifters of this world.
  • ljflxljflx Posts: 4,690
    This board is sinking to an all-time low when we have the type of trash and word usage stated here tonight and please note the side it arose from. That side can win the battle for all I care but too bad the broader issue of having taste and class is a lost cause. Battle won, war lost. Too bad also that people can't act like adults. I've posted for 5 years here and we've had intelligent disagreements - but this silliness (for want of a much better word) and immaturity is not something I want to be a part of anymore. I'll post on the LS board but my days here are done as are my posting back to certain posters on whatever boards I still post on.

Merc1 - you and I are buddies and I'll always post back to you on the boards I stay on as we've been at this in the right way, and in a positive way (or at least it always ended positive) for so many years now.