Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1968 Chevelle Concours Sport Coupe...mystery Chevy

2»

Comments

• I currently own a 68 concours 2 dr hardtop with black leather bench seats and roll Windows. Back windows roll backward and down.....very cool. Had it since I was 15 yrs old, am now 34. Looking to possibly sell to buy a home.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 56,730
    Old Cars Price Guide suggests a 5% premium for the Concours package. so I guess you'd price it pretty much like a Malibu 307 and then add a little.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• uplanderguyuplanderguy Kent, OHPosts: 9,598
    edited October 2016
    To answer an earlier question here, it had the regular Chevelle dash, but with a woodgrain strip over the glovebox, and a 'fleur de lis' emblem on the steering wheel. Some had the Olds Cutlass Supreme seat and door panels; other, the Buick Skylark Custom's.

The Concours Sport Sedan is rare but not ridiculous; the coupes are nearly ridiculous to find and as I've noted, there is not a shred of factory documentation on the coupes in the way of brochures I have ever seen--and I've actively looked. The Concours Sport Sedan is in all the Chevelle literature that year.
    edited October 2016
    Funny, the coupe has a completely--and I mean completely--different seat trim than the Sport Sedan. I have heard and read, although not sure how reliable, that an upholstery plant fire which made Malibu seat trim resulted in these Concours coupes being a stop-gap thing using Olds and Buick seat and door trim. It does seem odd, otherwise, that such an obvious, highly-visible borrowing from other divisions would've happened at Chevy. I'd love to see a dealer sales bulletin mentioning the availability of the Concours coupe...there has to have been one.
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 1,890
    That is Buick Skylark upholstery in this Concours, correct?

2010 Pilot EXL-RES, 2013 Accord EX

Yes, same year Buick Skylark Custom.
  • borrow23borrow23 Posts: 1
    Found one on my local Craigslist for sale. 1968 Coupe of course.  Owner has some good information but not sure if it's accurate. Apparently 8,307 of them were made. He says in the ad that they came with Buick interior with a special front seat, special badging, mouldings and heavier floor insulation. Sadly the car looks like someone's unfinished project. Completely stripped interior except for the dash area which is still all intact. Hard to tell what's there and what's not, he claims he has all the interior. Floors and quarters were replaced. Car is completely primer grey, no badging so I'm guessing it was removed, not sure if he has it. Looks complete other than no engine, transmission, head and tail lights, bumpers and grill. $6500 is the asking price.
2»