Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda MPV: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• Options
    javadocjavadoc Member Posts: 1,167
    I've got 19more years till I get to that point. I couldn't live there anyway... too close to the rest of my clan!

Ahhhh, problems...the dw complains that when her fuel gauge is on 'bone-dry-feed-me' she can only force 15gallons down the spout...

That and it needs a clay, AIO and interior detail worse than I've seen in a long time
  • Options
    moibmoib Member Posts: 49
    Can someone please help me in regards to our MPV 03's radio? We picked up our new MPV on Monday and by Tuesday night we had radio problems. The radio is "stuck" on. We can change the volume but nothing else works. We can't turn it off, we can't search for new stations, we can't change the time....you name it, it doesn't work. The controls on the steering wheel, however, do work. Any ideas what's wrong? I'd appreciate any input. PS: I'm so glad I found this Car Discussions thing. It's helped us tremendously.
  • Options
    scott31scott31 Member Posts: 292
    Two words:

Dealer

Warranty
  • Options
    lsinclsinc Member Posts: 270
    Too much advice in one posting. Could you cut it down a little? Hehehehehehehehehehe! ;o )

Lsinc
  • Options
    dave_h2dave_h2 Member Posts: 100
    Have you "unstuck" your radio yet?

I don't like the sound of that (no pun intended).

Odd that the steering wheel controls would work, but not the one's on the radio itself.

Oh, yeah - both the 1997 and 2000 Caravan had sound equipment issues as well.

Cassette tape would get stuck in player (seemed like after using it for a while - like it was heating up and getting "cooked" in there) - the 2000 CD player works fine but I also experienced the radio getting "stuck" (you would hit buttons to change stations and nothing would happen - again I believe due to some kind of overheating).

Carvan is a decent vehicle in the first two years - but watch out for the third year (and I'm glad I'll never know what happens beyond that).
  • Options
    Scott's right... dealer. Your radio is a dud, it happens to the best of them. If you pour on the suga' they may pull one from a van on the lot... no promises but it could happen! ;)
  • Options
    glideslopesglideslopes Member Posts: 431
    Yes.

Mark. : )
  • Options
    acedriveracedriver Member Posts: 131
    I was looking for problems in the MPV 2002 and 2003 model years for LX/ES trims. Can yon current owners post in brief:
    - The problems (if any) you had ?
    - At how many miles ?
    - Was it covered by warranty ?
    - Any recalls ?
  • Options
    acedriver:

- The problems (if any) you had? None
    - At how many miles ? None
    - Was it covered by warranty? None
    - Any recalls? None

I answered all 5 questions with the same word 5 times. Are you impressed?

Payback for the "car wash" question! Ha! }=o p~

I go now!
    Leslie :)
  • Options
    tomj5tomj5 Member Posts: 209
    I agree with Isinc..
    Zilch, nada, none....

We love our Pretty PEEVEE.....
    Tj
  • Options
    Wasn't that four words? none none none none... ;)

<runs>
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    And no problems? Gotta be the occasional glitch somewhere.

What about the sulfur smell - people still experiencing that?

Steve, Host
  • Options
    subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    Me thinks that this has become the new MTM thread ;-)

-Brian
  • Options
    MTM would mean ......... ?
  • Options
    MTM = Meet the Members, as in maltb "Mazda MPV Club: Meet the Members" Dec 22, 2002 12:06am, which hasn't been posted to since December '02!!!

MTM is typically for general discussions, chewin' the fat, etc.

-Brian
  • Options
    kulfonkulfon Member Posts: 5
    Hi All!

I am new to this forum…not to the board (proud Impreza owner!!!)

Time has come …………..we no longer fit in the TS!
    Time to buy a van.
    After adequate research (I think) we've decided to join the group of MPV owners!!!
    I believe this van will be the perfect match for us. I looked at the new 2003 ES trim, very nice car, great features…however, the resale value after 2-3 yrs. really scared me. Then I started looking at the 2000-01 models ES again. Yes, the engine is not the same etc.

My question is….what should I look for in terms of problems in a 2000 ES? Also, is 165hp 4spd tranny adequate? The van has 42k miles on it with I hope regular maintenance…what kind of life expectance these engines provide? Is the engine in 2000-01 ford as well, how about tranny?

I really appreciate your input

K
  • Options
    From what I have read so far, it is better to go in for MPV with a 3.0L engine 5-spd rather than the 2.5L 4-spd. Also, I would throughly research any used mini-van before buying. Reason is that I believe no one ever walks into a show room and buys a mini-van on an "impulse" (like in a showy sports car), realizes cannot afford pymts and then sell it. Most used minivans are probably going to have some "gotcha" - so look at maintenance and vehicle history carefully.

Other than that, if you *need* a minivan, you will end up driving it into the ground. So resale value should not bother you - unless you are leasing.

I am leaning heavily towards a new 2003 MPV but am waiting to get hold of some info about 2004 and 2005 models. I still have to pay off my Passat before I can buy a MV which will probably be around end of this year - so the 2004s should be out by then. If Mazda decides to drastically change/remodel for 2005, I would consider waiting it for another year before buying .. or, maybe this flexibility will evaporate due to unforeseen events and will go in for a 2003/2004 model. Again, I think a loaded LX is much better than an ES trim, but I am still looking into that ....
  • Options
    mazda_jimmazda_jim Member Posts: 19
    I am happy to add to this discussion. I have a 2002 MPV LX with every major option available in that model year. It has about 11,000 miles on it now.

Problems:

1. One dash rattle that comes and goes (not bad most of the time and easily drowned out by the stereo, kids, rattling car seats and toys, etc.).

2. Parking brake needed to be adjusted because it wasn't holding quite tightly enough on steep hills. Handled as a warranty adjustment at an oil change.

3. Inside rear view mirror vibrated due to loose adjusting screws. Dealer replaced mirror without question, even though tightening the screws seemed to have fixed the problem.

4. Had the sulfur smell pretty bad until about 8,000 miles, but it is now a very rare event. Since many new Japanese models (Accords, Camrys, Corollas, etc.) seem to have this problem, I assume it has something to do with new catalyst design encountering lousy fuel in certain regions of the U.S.

Recalls:

1. The fog lights. Also fixed at an oil change.

Compared to my wife's 2000 Accord EX-V6, the MPV has been a paragon of quality. What a huge disappointment that car has been (defective alternator, rattles too numerous to count, auto transmission that alternately slips too much or jolts into gear, mediocre paint quality, defective sunroof, loose driver's seat, sun visor that sprouted a sharp metal spike right where one pulls it out when swinging it to the side window, misaligned trunk lid, etc.). Perhaps it was one of those infamous "Friday" cars, but I think Honda has blown its chance with us.

I would stack Mazda quality up against any of the Japanese marques. The MPV is our fourth Mazda, and it looks like it will be at least as reliable and well-built as the others ('86 B2000, '94 Protege, '94 B3000). Heck, we even had excellent luck with the B3000, which was just a rebadged Ford Ranger. Given our experience, I am almost certain that there will be more Mazdas in our future. Can't wait for the Mazda6 wagon to come out so we can dump the Accord. At least the Honda's resale value will pay off then (the only real weak spot for Mazdas). I heartily recommend the MPV to anyone who needs a MINIvan (a dying breed at this point).
  • Options
    I liked the way you said MINIvan. Looks like every mfgr (04 Sienna/Quest) is jumping into MEGAvans. As long as there are no major problems leaving you stranded on vacation or enroute to an important meeting, everything looks like minor probs which seem to be fixed promptly by the dealer.

As for me, I haven't even taken a friggin' test drive yet and after reviews/comparing/photo gallery/specs/owner testimonies .. I have to almost stop myself from going down to the dealer and walking out with one (after buying it, of course :-)
  • Options
    I have heard numerous owners say that the 2.5L/4-speed powertrain is adequate, but I can give you my two cents, since we test drove a 2000 model (2.5L) and didn't buy until 2 years later when the 2002 model (3.0L) came out. Living in the Rocky Mountain area, we found the 2.5L model to have barely enough power for routine driving. The engine and transmission seemed to work pretty hard (and none too smoothly) in moving the car around in traffic. This combination may work better at lower altitudes, however.

In contrast, the 3.0L/5-speed combination is extremely smooth and quiet. Most of the time, you can't feel shifts (though there is the occasional clunky shift at low speeds), and the engine is barely audible even at full throttle. As noted in a previous post, we have a 2000 Accord V6 to serve as a basis for comparison. I would say that the Duratec V6 is about as smooth as the Honda at anything above idle (Honda has electronic, fluid-filled engine mounts that remove all vibrations at idle). Both engines rev freely to redline, although you hear noticeably more engine noise in the Honda. The Honda seems to be quite a bit torquier at all revs (surprising given Honda's reputation for high-revving, low-torque engines). Of course, the Accord is much lighter than the MPV, which contributes to its stronger performance.

There is no contest when it comes to the transmissions, though. The 5-speed JATCO unit in the MPV is far smoother and much better behaved than the Honda's clunky 4-speed (which they have since upgraded to a reportedly smoother 5-speed). Altogether, I find the powertrain in the Mazda to be more satisfying on a daily basis and much easier to drive smoothly. I can see how Ford can get away with putting this piece in some pretty expensive cars (e.g., Jaguar, Land Rover) with no problem.

Given the rebates and low interest rate loans available on new cars, and the fact that it might be difficult to find a used MPV that wasn't either trashed by previous owners (minivans lead a tough life) or has some hidden mechanical problems, I would lean in the direction of buying new. Of course, depreciation will be huge in the initial years of ownership, so you need to be confident that you will hang on to almost any new car for a while nowadays. Given its solid build quality and steep depreciation, however, a well-kept MPV could be an excellent used car buy.
  • Options
    I counted wrong! Darn, darn, darn, darn, darn! It should be 4 None answers. Sheesh, it's time to replace me. UGH!

I seriously have NO probs. with my MPV. It has almost 4k on it. Oh Wow! It had 10 miles on it when I bought it in April. I do drive alot.

Nothing has broken
    No rattles
    No warranty issues
    engine runs smoothe

I love my MPV!

Leslie
  • Options
    My 2 cents for what they are worth. Go for the 3.0 engine. We test drove a 2001 MPV with the 2.5 4 speed. It just didn't have the juice. We travel to VT quite a bit and it's very hilly. The 2.5 would have struggled. It also was noisy and seemed as though it needed to shift up one more notch.

My neighbors have the older MPV style. I think it's a '98. It has the 2.5 and AWD. For them it's been a great car but they also only have 43k on it. They don't travel at all so it works for them.

I have an '03 LX with the 3.0 5 speed and it doesn't even flinch when I go up hills or ask it for more power. Even with the air running it's quite peppy.

As far as price goes, well, we too wanted used and then decided to go new with all the incentives etc. It was worth it.

Good Luck!

Leslie
  • Options
    FWIW, IMHO, YMMV (oh, wrong forum, heheheh)...

Having driven both a bit (my SIL has a 2002), I'd go for the 2003/4. Or, you can buy my 2000. It's cherry. Actually, it's emerald mica. ;)

And, on topic, b/c I feel I must... It's problem-free! No sulfur smell or anything!
  • Options
    didn't Mazda increase the warranty on the '03's to 4yr/50k? That's a plus too for the 03/04's.

Plus 200hp just has a nice ring to it. ;-)

np in our '02 ES, btw.

-Brian
    (lol Java ;-) )
  • Options
    No really, he can buy my 2000...it's practically for sale right now... I have to get the scratch on the front bumper repaired first though (that's a problem, so that I stay on topic and don't get my gratuitous post deleted).. and I have to clay and klasse it... it's a problem keeping it clean... but if it were 20,000 leagues under the sea, I'd probably have a rust problem... but my watch would leak by then, so I'd be SOL PDQ and my MIL would nag me ASAP till I was DOA or MIA in the LZ, and ramble on for 1mile/min... now, that's a real problem, IMHO, AFAIK.

<runs for cover>

oh, that'd be post 2800! Hey, that's 'interesting'
  • Options
    javadoc? I'm exhausted after reading your last post. Lolololol!

Leslie
  • Options
    glideslopesglideslopes Member Posts: 431
    Jim,

We have 12,400 miles on our 02 LX over 10 months of ownership in Upstate, NY. Cold, rain, hail, snow measured in dozens of feet. The worst roads around, pot holes the size of basketballs on a daily basis.

The van has been flawless. Not a single rattle, buzz, or vibration. We had to take it back the first week for a defective cup holder on the passenger side 2nd row seat.

MPG is around 21 with 60/40 City/Hwy. The DW has a light foot. I run Mobil 1 5w-30 with a K&N Filter. The transmission is very smooth. I did have it re-flashed at 2,500 miles with new software per a TSB. It was not exhibiting any issues at the time. My MPG improved after the flash.

The MPV is the best value for the money on the market today. Period.

Mark. : )
  • Options
    ctigerctiger Member Posts: 6
    Just purchased a new 2003 ES with Dunlop 17" tires. Have scanned a few past messages and noticed that others have had small amount of vibration thru the steering wheel. I have only driven 90 miles so far and get the vibration every morning driving to work (55 - 60 degrees)about 20 miles one-way. In the evening coming home the shimmering or vibration is not near as bad and sometimes smooth (68 - 80 degrees). Not sure if it is temperature, faulty tires or something else. Curious if anyone else who have recently purchased an ES have experienced similar problems. Also noticed when using cruise control, the response when taping the control to speed up or slow down causes a few seconds pause before it changes speed. The tach drops several rpms before the speed changes. Is this normal?. My other car is very smooth when increasing speed using the cruise. Other than those issues I have enjoyed the MPV. Thanks for any response.
  • Options
    It's a bad (really bad) run-on insider joke, sorry.
  • Options
    ctiger: check your tires in the morning (cold) and set them to the proper psi (35 all around). It's likely your dealer didn't properly set these for you at delivery. That may help eliminate the vibration. Otherwise, you can/should be able to get 'em rebalanced for free within 1 year from the dealer.

lsinc: he must have been over at mpvc today...or he had a double mocha...

-Brian
  • Options
    birdlady1birdlady1 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info.- It looks like we'll go for 4 seasons.
  • Options
    bjsolobjsolo Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know if they are planning on offering 4 wheel drive in the MPV?
  • Options
    maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Just kidding doc...I miss Pismo :((
  • Options
    This may be the only "problems" thread at Edmunds where everyone talks about the virtual absence of problems with their car!

As for the vibration issue mentioned earlier, checking and equalizing tire pressures may solve it. If it doesn't, however, make sure the dealer uses the latest and greatest "Hunter" balancing machine to rebalance the wheels/tires. I had serious vibration problems with some winter tires and steel wheels purchased from Tire Rack that were completely resolved when a local tire shop rebalanced them with the Hunter (fortunately Tire Rack paid for that). Mazda specifically recommends this machine for the van now. I think whatever Mazda did to the suspension in 2002 to make the steering and handling "livelier" (along with the extra weight of the 3.0L powertrain) makes recent MPVs more sensitive to balancing and alignment issues.

My experience is that, even when everything is properly balanced and aligned, the Mazda steering wheel transmits quite a bit more feedback (good) and vibration (not so good) than many cars. The vibration might be noticeable at times (rough pavement, crosswinds), but it shouldn't be excessive when everything is properly dialed in. IMO, it's a reasonable tradeoff to avoid having numb or slow steering, and it fits with the (zoom zoom) character of the car.
  • Options
    bottgersbottgers Member Posts: 2,030
    It sounds like you and your wife found the needle in the hay stack with your Honda. Yours is an extremely rare example of any Honda model. The typical Honda is a beautifully built vehicle that's as reliable as an anvil. Your's is definitely the exception, not the rule.

As far as the MPV goes, I must say I like what I'm reading in here. We have an LX on order which is due to arrive next month. We fall into the catagory of needing, not just wanting a minivan, so as long as it's a well built reliable vehicle, we'll probably keep it for a long time. I've been fixed so we won't be outgrowing it. Having test driven many of the other minis (Honda, Kia, Toyota), the car-like handling of the MPV will age well with my wife and I. Vans that handle like vans get old real quick. We like the nimble handling, ease of parking, and the excellent visability the MPV provides. If it ends up being as reliable as it is fun to drive, I can see the MPV living in our garage for many years to come.
  • Options
    Yeah, no kidding on that Accord. It has really been a bummer since that was the first car that we splurged on and spent well over $20K to get all the extras (ironically avoiding the Passat due to quality concerns). After hearing raves about Honda engineering and quality for years (as opposed to supposed 2nd-tier manufacturers like Mazda and Nissan), this experience has been a huge letdown. The funny thing is, with the exception of the alternator (which did not leave us stranded), the car has been dead reliable for nearly 40K miles. I have little doubt that it will continue to be like this for well over 100K miles. Unfortunately, the car is so unexciting and has so many quality glitches and quirks that I can't see us keeping it for nearly that long. At least Honda resale is like money in the bank as long as we keep the car well maintained.
  • Options
    I had a civic and couldn't stand it! Worse car I ever bought. My friend had an Accord and had nothing but issues with it. For example, when she picked up her car, the hood was damaged, they replaced the hood but the paint didn't match. 3 hoods later and still not a match. There have been some other mechanical issues with it as well not serious though. If these cars are so awesome then why so many issues. Even the famous Ody has issues. It stinks in snow and has been problematic in the tranny department. I think publicity does an awful lot to boost vehicle sales. I don't think Honda's are awesome cars. I think they are a hyped up, expensive piece of machinery that has faults just like the rest of the automobiles on the market today. Give me a choice between a Subaru and a Honda and the Subie will win hands down. Subies run forever and are inexpensive to maintain. We are on our second. The first being a Loyale which is still being driven by my nephew. It has 200,000 on it and going strong. My husbands '92 Legacy has 180,000 on it and he commutes 350 miles in a 5 day workweek. Subaru's AWD is above par. Our Subie goes in any conditions. My sister has two Legacy's and they live in a major snow belt. They also have this awful driveway. The Subies make it up the driveway all the time. They have had friends with SUV's who have had to leave their vehicles at the bottom of the driveway and walk up.

Talk about off subject. I just couldn't sit by and let the Honda be placed on a pedestal that it just doesn't belong on.

Trouble is my name, trouble is my game! ;p

Leslie
  • Options
    What we've seen about Hondas in this thread is way too small of a sample to be basing opinions on. Anyone can tell their stories about their experiences, good or bad, with any make of vehicle. I can say this; Hondas are not falsely put upon a pedistal. They have earned it by building top notch vehicles for years. If you look at reliability data (which is available all over the internet), and you look at it over a period of let's say the last 20 years, based on all the owners that have reported reliability info for all makes, Honda is second only to Toyota in terms of reliability. This type of info is indisputable.

That said, and somewhat getting back on topic, CR rates the MPV as the second most reliable minivan. They rated the Sienna only slightly better, and rated the MPV higher than the Ody. All 3 were ranked as the 3 most reliable minivans. Now to me, when CR ranks the MPV higher than the Ody, that's saying something about well built the MPV is, since they rated all 3 of these vans as the best. I'm just hoping my MPV will be as trouble free as its ranking by CR suggests it should be.
  • Options
    Brian and all,
    Thanks for your replies. The tire pressure was 35 all the way around according to my tire gauge. I hope it will be a simple rebalancing problem.

Carl
  • Options
    mazda_guymazda_guy Member Posts: 183
    Dunlop SP Sport 4000 A/S 17" tires are great. They produce excellent grip and cornering stability performance. They are very quiet but their hydro resistance is only good when they are new (less than 15k usage, front tires with no wheel rotation performed)

We were recently traveling trough Nebraska and as you may know the speed limit in Nebraska is 75 but almost everybody is driving 85 or more and so were we. While entering Wyoming from Nebraska on hwy 80 rain started drizzling. I new my front tires were worn more than rear but still had well over 1/16 recommended remaining tread size. Nevertheless, I slowed down to 75. Rain started falling heavily but not as much as Florida downpour. Front of the van seemed to be behaving loose but still under control. Rain was still falling hard and we were coming to the left easy curve. I slowed down even more to 65. While entering the left turn I turned the steering wheel but to my amazement van was going straight heading of the road. I was bracing already for ditching the van at 65, which is hair raising experience. We had seatbelts on and at the last second, being already almost on the hwy's shoulder, front gripped again and I managed back on the road.

Needless to say that I slowed down even more to 55 but that was all the tires could safely keep up with. It was quite an embarrassment when everybody was going 70 driving at 55, but that was all we could do safely.

After 15k usage on front wheels with no wheel rotation done IMHO these tires are not safe anymore on wet surface. Dry surface performance still remains excellent.

MG
  • Options
    chisfu1chisfu1 Member Posts: 25
    I prefer the ES model to the LX since the following seven reasons:

1. Power driver seat is only avialable in the ES
    2. Leather seat in the ES vs cloth seat in the LX
    3. 17" alloy wheels vs 16" alloy wheels
    4. Side airbags is standard in the ES
    5. Tracking control is standard in the ES
    6. Roof Rack is standard in the ES
    7. Better sound system in the ES (7 speakers vs 4 speakers)

There is $2500 price difference in between the two... so it's up to you for those seven things are worth the price tag of $2500 or not!

As I added GFX package, DVD, step-plate, 6-cds changer and wheel locks; my cost is $25400, about $4300 off of the MSRP!
  • Options
    It would be worth paying a $2500 option delete fee not to get leather interior. Leather is why I won't consider cars like Acura, Lexus, Infinity, etc. They all seem to think everyone who buys one of these vehicles wants leather. Not true.
  • Options
    Sounds like a very good deal. I compared the LX, ES, and the Odey with leather before I picked the ES with MSRP of 30,260. I paid a little less than 2,000 below invoice (includes rebate) but what really persuaded me was the trade on my 01 Tarus SES. The dealer gave me 1,600 over KBB "trade in value". The ODY would have cost me another 4,000 including taxes etc. because the dealers would only give me KBB or less. In addition, I got the sunroof, 6CD Changer, 4 year warranty, 17 tires,autodim mirrow with outside temp,& compass, when comparing with the ODY.Both are good vans and I know the ODY resale is better for the first few years, but I hope to keep the MPV 4 to 5 years. I guess the bottom line was the extra goodies,and money...
    CT
  • Options
    big_guybig_guy Member Posts: 372
    It is nice to know that I am not the only one that is not a fan of leather seating. Too hot in the summer and too cold and slippery in the winter.

I won't consider Acura for one other reason though . . . they all come standard with a sunroof. Nothing like taking a beautiful, roomy car and whacking out 2" of headroom and making it impossible for a tall driver like myself to fit without scraping my head on the roof liner. Why does Acura seem to think that in order to be a "luxury" vehicle you have to add one of those stupid sunroofs!!

. . . sorry, needed to vent. The sunroof issue is a big deal for me. Too many manufacuterers package that stupid thing in with some other nice options making it impossible to get the other options without "whacking me in the head" so to speak.
  • Options
    I guess the manufacturers would rather make all their vehicles the same instead of letting the customers decide how they want them. I know someone is going to pipe in and make the statement that the car companies build what the majority of the customers want. Even if the majority is 51%, that's how all the vehicles will be built and to he11 with the other 49%. They've completely taken away the ability to personalize your vehicle by being able to order individual options, now you have to pay for option packages. I still remember when I ordered my 1987 Buick Regal T-Type (yes it was the turbo). I was able to order individual options. I could actually order just power locks without having to order a "power package." Those were the good old days and unfortunately, they're long gone!
  • Options
    taximommietaximommie Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    My wifes 02 ES MPV has almost 30k(28800). I replaced the front pads after hearing the squeek from the indicator. Took rotors in and they had to be machined to tollerance because of warping. New pads on now and rotors still seem to get very hot just like before changing. Even brakes smelled like a truck comming down large hill. Anyone know of brake/caliper/rotor issues with the 02 MPV. I'll be taking it do the dealer later this week.
  • Options
    moibmoib Member Posts: 49
    Hi! Just to let everyone know who answered my post # 2777 about my broken radio...it is now feeling much better!

Although I told some of this in a different Mazda topic (I think it's called Mazda 2000+)....Our salesman came by our house this am with a free loaner car. He took our van back to the dealership to have the radio looked at and also to install our "missing" rear-view mirror accessory that we'd ordered but wasn't installed prior to our picking up our van last Monday, the 2nd. He returned our van to us later this afternoon.

He said no one had seen anything like our radio....no one was sure what was up with it. They installed a new one...and it seems to be working just fine. My son has already preset all the stations for me...hey, it's my van and I wanted to do that but oh well! :)

We hope this is our only "glitch" because like I've said before, we half expected "something" to happen because that's just the way our luck seems to run. :) We'll take this over a transmission problem anyday! (Gee, we were getting so accustomed to transmission issues with our Voyager!) :)

Thanks to those of you that gave me some pointers..."Dealer....Warranty"...for instance. :)
    Sharon
  • Options
    I agree that certain options should be based on each individual consumers needs. The only thing I have to say about the moon roof in the MPV is that it's huge. I love it! I also have to say that out of all of all of the vans we test drove, the MPV had the most head room. My hubby isn't overly tall but in the Ody and Sienna and the Sedona his head came to close to the ceiling liner. He can even sit in the third row without bumping his head.

Just my two cents. I'm vertically challenged so head room isn't an issue. :o )

Leslie
  • Options
    owr084owr084 Member Posts: 46
    Did you remember to clean the rotors with brake cleaner to remove the protective glaze before you installed them? If not, the added friction from the glaze will cause your pads to become "glazed" also (not good) and rotor to heat up.

RBB
  • Options
    dwsmhadwsmha Member Posts: 35
    Hey all,

My mother-in-law just snatched away my wife and son for a 9-day trip to Disneyworld in Florida from Missouri (using OUR 2003 MPV, mind you...) I couldn't go, just started a new job recently, so I didn't have the vacation time.

Upon their return from this little jaunt, so far the only damage (other than an additional 2500 miles) is the little flip-off cover for the rear power outlet has broken off. Any suggestions on fixing this? I'd like to keep it covered so it stays clean inside the outlet. If I put in a dummy-plug like the one in the front, it would stick out and get caught on things. Would the dealer be able to fix?
This discussion has been closed.